• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Doc- soaring tornado
Peach- Flying Peach Bomber
Zelda- Din's Blaze
Samus- relentless missiles
I won't see these guys thanks for the rest though.
Pac-Man: everything. Especially meteor trampoline and freaky fruit.

But barely anyone uses pacman yet lol
lol
I don't know the numbers for them, so I'll just list their names.

:4villager: Timber Counter + Extreme Balloon Trip - the dreaded combination
:4pikachu: Heavy Skull Bash (side B that kills at like 50%)
:4palutena: Superspeed + Lightweight + Jump Glide (her d-throw nair combos can take you to the side blastlines at stupid low, percents, always DI to her back if you get caught in Nair. d-throw -> uair will kill starting at about 75%ish. DON'T GET GRABBED)
:4mario: High Pressure Fludd (a windbox that can literally kill you off the side of the stage)
:4dk: Kong Cyclone (dunno lol)
:4shulk: Power Vision and Hyper Monado Arts (watch out for Hyper-Smash 60% u-tilt kills :'D, Power Vision can kill you at around 50% if they counter your jab)
:rosalina: Luma Warp and Shooting Starbits (Watch out for Luma Warp's hitbox and your placement in relation to Rosa if Luma's by her side. If you keep out or inside that specific zone, you're fine. As for starbits, it's Brawl Falco's lasers all over again).
:4marth: and :4lucina: Crescent Slash (an Up-B that combos from fthrow and will kill at around 40-60% if you get thrown near the ledge, try not to get grabbed)
:4pacman: Meteor Trampoline will **** you up. It's a crazy good edgeguard tool that will spike you as he jumps to safety, so, uh, try to recover with your warp cape, I guess. Never be predictable when recovering against custom pacman.
Thanks man, i'm kinda worried about :4dk::4palutena::4mario:

DK because of jank, probably gonna time his ass out, Palutina because she's overall a better character and i lack exp, Mario because i lack exp and he's versatile in the custom meta.

:4marth: I've seen Katakiri play that MU and its not bad so i'm happy, :rosalina: lol can't wait, :4pacman::4shulk: would be cool seeing those two. Then we gonna get :4mewtwo: popping up sigh.
Kong storm punch is what MK needs to watch out for. Also Ike's tempest/close combat (which is a good neutral tool. Not scary, but patches one of Ike's weaknesses). Missed shuttle loop= windboxed to death.

Shifting shuriken leads to kills, and danger wrap kills pretty early off the top.
I practice alittle against Ike, his close combat crosses up shields. I know to turn around and dash attack on reaction, i stay grounded against Ike anyway so windboxes shouldn't bs my stock...i hope.

Silly Locke Greninja doesn't exist. Thanks for the help guys!

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
I know Olimar has some jank, but I dunno which custom it is. I do know the really broken one only works with characters that have reflectors, but I think there was something else, no?

Also, look out for Pacman's On Fire Hydrant. Instead of water it spits out firey hitboxes that can kill you if you're not careful.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Can you guys list the threatening jank in customs? Need to research since i'm entering the custom tournament next month.

I would like common tourney picks not characters barely anyone uses.

MK mains are too negative about customs. Its either MK himself not having braindead jank to help him out or the custom meta in general(im the 2nd one).

Shower me with your knowledge.
:4kirby:- Meteor Stone can spike the unholy mess out of you at low percents, and it's pretty easy to catch Shuttle Loop with it
:4kirby:2- Giant Hammer, the only way to stop this is to grab. This move will kill you at 30-40 and is only vulnerable when you swing/in the air
:4kirby:3-Ice Breath has some endlag on it, nothing major. Jumping Inhale has a bit of startup
:4kirby:- Upper Cutter is a straight upgrade to Kirby's recovery, great kill move and comes out pretty quick
:4link:- Power Bow shouldn't worry you because it takes a while to charge and MK can duck it
:4link:-Meteor Bombs shouldn't be worried about till high percents
:4robinm:- Speed Thunder + Arcfire Wall will make pressuring Robin a bit of a task. Other customs are meh
:4sheik:-There's a grenade that has a short blast radius and draws you towards Sheik, if done right she gets a free Usmash
:4sheik:- Shocking needles deteriorate shield. Fast.
:4sheik:- Vanish can be used to stall quite a bit, it's a faster version of her recovery that doesn't do any damage
:4shulk:- Power Vision is Shulk's best aerial counter, packs a punch
:4shulk:Hyper Monado Arts, they don't last long but Hyper Buster is a game changer, a jab combo would deal 20 iirc with this. Hyper Smash kills pretty early, but just camp out Shulk till these wear off
:4pit:-lel Counter Arm, Shocking Orbitars don't reflect but deal damage
edit: oh you said common tourney picks, disregard half of this then
:4greninja:- Sifting Shuriken draws you towards Greninja, which allows for a well timed attack, exploding counter is a good tool to punish recoveries at the ledge
:4dk:- dat windbox Neutral B and Up-B
:4villager:Counter Timber jank/ @WaifuRaccoonBL
:4pikachu: @ Soul. Soul.
:4jigglypuff:Sideways Pound combos into Leaping Rest which can kill pretty early iirc
:rosalina: @WaifuRaccoonBL
:4bowserjr:Windbox neutral B
:4bowser:You can act out of Air Dash Slash, so watch for that
There's more that I missed but others will fill in

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny

#justzeldathings

Can you guys list the threatening jank in customs? Need to research since i'm entering the custom tournament next month.

MK mains are too negative about customs. Its either MK himself not having braindead jank to help him out or the custom meta in general(im the 2nd one).

Stuff that can catch you offguard the first few times you see it that come to mind:

:4bowser: Dash Slash - Gives him something to escape juggles with a la Bouncing Fish/Monkey Flip, has no end lag on landing and makes a pseudo wavedash+lets him act instantly.
:4dk: Kong Cyclone - Obvious.
:4ganondorf: Dark Fists - Frame 5 super armor, kills RIDICULOUSLY early. Huge disjoint above him (same as default upB but still), be very careful about challenging his recovery.
:4lucario: Snaring Aura Sphere - Suction effect + transcendent, can hit more than once.
:4marth::4lucina: Crescent Slash - Can kill really early off an fthrow; don't get grabbed.
:4miibrawl: Helicopter Kick - Kills HELLA early, combos off dthrow, fair, probably nair and maybe other moves, but only combos at lower percents.
:4palutena:Super Speed, Lightweight - Former is kind of like Spin Dash except she can grab out of it and it does crazy things to help her recovery (watch out for sudden lightspeed nair/uairs flying across the stage). Latter gives her really early kill combos off dthrow but makes her take x1.2 damage/kb, take her to FD if possible as there's a glitch where platforms can be used to bypass its cooldown.
:4pacman:Meteor Trampoline - Frame 3 spike. Custom fruit are probably worth learning about but I can't help there.
:4pikachu:Heavy Skull Bash - Kills crazy early pointblank but has a ton of endlag and damage/kb drops off fast if not pointblank; don't try to get in his face predictably and it shouldn't be a problem.
:4rob: Slip Gyro - Sliding Gyro that causes tripping. I think it's the least popular Gyro but it's still something to know about because it's different and weird.
:rosalina: Luma Warp, Shooting Star Bit - Former can drop Luma on your face near-instantly at a specific distance, but doesn't cover the inbetween and can be punished if you read it. Latter is a 3~4% projectile kind of similar to a Falco laser, but it isn't transcendent like other star bits so it loses to nairs etc. and is a ~50 frame commitment.
:4samus: There's probably stuff to look out for here but I'm not well-read on Samus.
:4shulk: Power Vision - Stupidly powerful counter that can kill at basically any percent.
:4sonic: Hammer Spin Dash, Burning Spin Dash - Former adds a huge jump to spin dash, buries if it lands on you. Latter is fully intangible until he jumps/turns, but it stops on shield with a ton of endlag if he doesn't jump and the jump doesn't go very high.
:4villager: Extreme Balloon Trip, Timber Counter - Self-explanatory at this point I think
:4wiifit:
Weighted Header - Watch out for it if recovering low.
Jumbo Hoops - Watch out for it in general.

General windboxes like (Dr.) Mario's Gust Cape and Ike's Tempest are kind of janky at first too I suppose.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Oh, and on stage trampoline interrupts teleports.
So dimensional cape won't get you out of our tramp traps. You also want to avoid freaky fruit cherry and strawberry at mid-high percentages. It sets up kills like shifting shuriken

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
> 4 new pages and I viewed them all with a super bad Internet connection

I know it's already been mentioned, but seriously,:4shulk:'s Power Vision is threatening af. Countered jab? Kills at 50%. At 20% and he counters a smash attack? You're dead. If Shulk is using Hyper Arts then watch out for Hyper Smash + Power Vision because like...anything he counters will kill you at any percent lol

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Another new Florence + The Machine song released today. #sobbingwithjoy

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
:4miibrawl: Helicopter Kick - Kills HELLA early, combos off dthrow, fair, probably nair and maybe other moves, but only combos at lower percents.
HK (lawl hong kong) only kills early if it hits close to the ledge, and even then, proper DI can make you survive a HK even after 80% and from the ledge. Just DI as high as you can and you'll be fine. Otherwise, HK is a crazy strong OoS option that can definitely kill well after the 100s. Also, be very attentive about Brawler's ledge cancelling using their flip jump kick. If they hit you with the kick, they can follow up with a helicopter kick and you'll be done if you're over 80%

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Should've listed the characters that i know for a fact won't appear or at least won't be used on me: :4pacman::4bowser::4villager::4greninja::4wario2::4samus::4robinm::4peach::4falco::4littlemac::4jigglypuff::4dedede::4charizard::4link::4zelda:
No custom villager?
That eliminates about 90% of the jank :^)
If you want some Kirby jank xp, I'm up for some matches in a bit

Last edited:

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965

#justzeldathings
The fact that it was a true combo made me smile. This would be a very flashy way to end a match for sure!

My computer came in today girls! This thing is stupidly strong lol. It runs Elgato on max settings with no problems :)
I will have to re download my video stuff like sony vegas then I can start doing videos again. I did a short stress test just to see how it would do on max settings. I was impressed.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
The fact that it was a true combo made me smile. This would be a very flashy way to end a match for sure!

My computer came in today girls! This thing is stupidly strong lol. It runs Elgato on max settings with no problems :)
I will have to re download my video stuff like sony vegas then I can start doing videos again. I did a short stress test just to see how it would do on max settings. I was impressed.

Wow, you should make a Farores squall video.

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12

60 fps videos are beautiful.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
>Yuri

:^) :^) :^)

But doesn't that mean we gorls cannot love fellow gorls?

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
What do yuri/yaoi literally translate to? Or does it just mean lesbian/gay?

Top Bottom