• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Cannot you super armor thru Scalding FLUDD? I know Kirby's Giant Hammer can.
I can side B through it, and I can throw my higher tiered fruit through it (melon and above), but how am I going to do it on reaction?
It gives mario a way to pester people in mid range which alleviates his range issues, and it leads into grabs (and possibly usmash).

I'm not saying that the matchup will be bad for Pac-Man in a customs environment, but it certainly will be more annoying.

how the **** are you supposed to nerf him then
get rid of kill throws and make spin dash do less damage. At least that's what I would see as fair

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
So I played this guy's Robin using Link
I lost and he said
On 4/8/15, at 7:29 PM, [DERP] wrote:
> DAir is not the greatest tool in the world

I go Kirby next match, while he goes Link
>Lylat
>He approaches with dair
>near the ledge
>down a stock
>did I mention I was kirby

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Brawl Sonic was..... not that good :c
I think Brawl sonic was a much better step in the right direction though.

Sonic should be a hit and run character, meaning he shouldn't have the insane kill power in smash 4 and should be working for the kills.

Granted, you shouldn't give him no kill power what so ever, but it shouldn't be easy for him to get kills.

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
Super Armor affects Scalding FLUDD yes.
Yeah I thought so.
I can side B through it, and I can throw my higher tiered fruit through it (melon and above), but how am I going to do it on reaction?
It gives mario a way to pester people in mid range which alleviates his range issues, and it leads into grabs (and possibly usmash).

I'm not saying that the matchup will be bad for Pac-Man in a customs environment, but it certainly will be more annoying.

get rid of kill throws and make spin dash do less damage. At least that's what I would see as fair
I guess you have to read it, my friend (which is obviously easier said than done especially with Pac-Man Side B). Even as Kirby, I have to read Mario's Scalding FLUDD if I want to beat him with Giant Hammer (the super armor doesn't appear until a bit after the hammer is lift over his head). I guess I can challenge with a Rock Slide or Final Cutter (latter being better of the two).

warionumbah2

Smash Master
welp looks like i need to use shield bypassing cape against Malio. Ew

and kirby's giant hammer isn't good to use on Mario or MK heck anyone with good mobility, just let the puff ball rack damage on himself until it lets it loose. don't think any kirby would use this move though, its too risky.

Last edited:

Soul.

Now you see? Buffing or nerfing Sonic is a lot more difficult than it looks
I dunno, it's a little stupid to keep such a character intact. He almost has it all. Throws that KO, good KO power in Smash attacks, good aerials, good customs (lol hammer spin dash), aerials that KO. Spin jump to gtfo otherwise bad situations.
Meh.

Unknownkid

Smash Lord

and kirby's giant hammer isn't good to use on Mario or MK heck anyone with good mobility, just let the puff ball rack damage on himself until it lets it loose. don't think any kirby would use this move though, its too risky.
Hmm... the damage stop racking up at 100%. I, personally, use it - to stop myself from being juggled and edgeguard/ledge getup shenanigans. We have someone in our social board use it against Ledge Abusing Custom Villager. It is a niche move but still a good one.

Also this - http://gfycat.com/MassiveJitteryBlackbird

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
I dunno, it's a little stupid to keep such a character intact. He almost has it all. Throws that KO, good KO power in Smash attacks, good aerials, good customs (lol hammer spin dash), aerials that KO. Spin jump to gtfo otherwise bad situations.
Meh.
Use Polio vs Cancer.
:4megaman:

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Meh.
He still has horrible landing options and mediocre approaches.

Trampoline>Sonic's approach + Spin dashery

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
How to beat Cancer 101

Din's Blaze -> Lightning Kick true combo too stronk pls ban

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215

Past 100% I'd use it
Plus I'd use it only once as a last resort
"OH IT HAS SUPER ARMO-" is usually the fun result

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Can you guys list the threatening jank in customs? Need to research since i'm entering the custom tournament next month.

I would like common tourney picks not characters barely anyone uses.

MK mains are too negative about customs. Its either MK himself not having braindead jank to help him out or the custom meta in general(im the 2nd one).

Shower me with your knowledge.
I know that most of these were already covered, but I'll respond for the characters I know anyway:
:4yoshi:Egg Launch - Less endlag than Egg Lay since it wasn't nerfed in 1.04, can kill at the ledge at high percents (especially for someone as light as Meta Knight)
:4greninja:Shifting Shuriken - Leads into U-smash kills and has transcendent priority; has two levels of charge, the 2nd one being the only one that's very effective
:4pikachu:Heavy Skull Bash - kills super early when charged; has decent range and speed for its power, but is extremely punishable on block or whiff
:4bowser:Dash Slash / Dash Slam - give Bowser better movement options and can be used as a pseudo wavedash
:4gaw:Chain Judge - more reliable than Judgement, can rack up good damage, good followup from d-throw
:4drmario:
  • Fast Pills - fast ranged option in neutral; no flinching
  • Gust Cape - Reflector, gimping move and spacing tool with slightly more endlag than normal
  • Soaring Tornado - Kills early and improves vertical recovery; last hit has a lot of priority, like regular Doc Tornado
:4zelda:Din's Flare / Din's Blaze - The former is fast and powerful, giving Zelda an effective long-range projectile and edgeguarding tool; the latter was explained by NekoJubei in the video Macchiato linked
:4sheik:
  • Penetrating Needles - Charges faster and does more shield damage; weaker than Needle Storm and only three needles come out when fully charged
  • Gravity Grenade - Gives Sheik kill setups into U-smash or B-air usually (Bouncing Fish / Pisces might also work)
  • Pisces - Stronger knockback than Bouncing Fish, sends opponents behind her, kick is controllable, good anti-edgeguard
:4charizard:Dragon Rush - Faster than Flare Blitz, has priority, kills early offstage
Hope this helps :)

Soul.

Customs:
1. Jank: Jank. lit. Stupidity a.k.a Smash 4's big thing.

2. ****: Buffing characters that are otherwise bad in a non-custom meta

Top Bottom