• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
Am I the only one who didn't like gen 4, But absolutely loved gen 3

Soul.

Sinnoh is also the best because of PMD: EoT, EoD, and EoS.
gg other pokémon regions

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I hate bird but it gets some really good support moves.
I love bird and love that it gets really good support moves.

I was running a tanky bulk up/WoW set early in XY when CB/LO sets were the norm, but when I found out it got Taunt too I switched to the (nowadays) common specially defensive stallbreaker set.

I know it's got a pretty bad stigma for spamming its ridiculous priority move, but its support sets are what really won my heart and made it my favorite asset to any team I made.

(then again, I'm in love with ghost types)
wow are you my natural hard counter ;_;

Hoenn annoyed me with how every Pokemon was weak af outside of the legendaries and pseudo legendaries but I loved how gen 3 introduced full sprite animation for Pokemon entrances. Still, it had some of the best cities and the tropical climate of the region was excellent. Too bad the story sucked until the remakes.
I was totally casual gens 1-3 so stats didn't really matter to me - I loved nearly everything introduced that gen, with my favorites (Breloom, Latias, Gardevoir, Mawile, Altaria) either turning out to be incredibly viable competitively anyway, or becoming so through megas introduced in gen 6. I also loved Hoenn geographically, and Secret Bases were an amazing addition to me as a kid. Story was w/e to me because who plays Pokemon for the story?

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Everyone hated Hoenn because of:

Honestly, I loved Hoenn. It was my favourite of the series.

Soul.

I played all gens, but Sinnoh... omg Sinnoh. Jubilife CIty's song screams nostalgia. Then Route 225. And Pokémon League. And Galactic HQ. ****.

I don't know that much about Pokemon, but I saw some stuff about ruining friendships

The new Mario Party games fail HARD when it comes to ruining lives and relationships

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Okay gorls, important question: Where was your secret base?

I had mine up above the waterfall west of Fortree because it was near the best town with the best gym leader (winona my 9yo waifu tbh) and my friends got pissed off that they'd have to ditch their mach bike and teach waterfall to something to get to it. Also I could fish for Feebas nearby (Milotic is love) and grow berries right outside it.

The new Mario Party games fail HARD when it comes to ruining lives and relationships
Then they aren't Mario Party games.

The only Mario Party game I played was 1 and I still have scars on my palms from it, which really only helps me pull off a good Jesus appearance irl

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
wow are you my natural hard counter ;_;
Who needs psychic energy when you have spectral/otherworldly powers?

I was totally casual gens 1-3 so stats didn't really matter to me - I loved nearly everything introduced that gen, with my favorites (Breloom, Latias, Gardevoir, Mawile, Altaria) either turning out to be incredibly viable competitively anyway, or becoming so through megas introduced in gen 6. I also loved Hoenn geographically, and Secret Bases were an amazing addition to me as a kid. Story was w/e to me because who plays Pokemon for the story?
Oh trust me, I didn't even know what special attack was until 4th gen :joyful:
I didn't get a link cable until extremely late into the game boy advance's timeline so I didn't get to enjoy secret bases. Hoenn introduced some of my favorites as well (flygon, Blaziken, metagross, Latios, rayquaza, Duskull line)
Too bad flygon got progressively worse and dusknoir never had a chance to shine :crying:

I played Pokemon partially for the story back then because I couldn't trade or battle anyone until around the time gen 4 came out.

My list is based on how I feel about each of the regions now and their replay value.
Story only has a small part of it. If I was considering story, then Unova wouldn't be so low.
That region is absolute garbage imo outside of its rather deep story. What were they thinking with those starters!?

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I made a mistake and bought Mario Party 8 at one point
I actually got Mario Party 8 alongside Super Paper Mario and Mario Strikers Charged when I first got my Wii.

I don't get all the complaining about it, I had a ton of fun with it especially when I played with my cousin and friends.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I'm starting to understand what @Shaya meant by this thread and their relationship to Zelda...
Even I'm not THAT negative to Swordfighter when I enter TsunTsun mode
I just rage and realize how much of a fool I am. :p

I think the patches will really separate those who are committed to their character rather than those looking to win.
Welcome to Falco's career in SSB4. Dude was dropped the moment SSB4 came out. Hypothetically, let's say in region J, there were 100 Falco players. At that moment, it dropped to 1. Yeah... At least people play as Zelda out of love, pity, loyalty, or hope.

elusiveTranscendent

Smash Lord
NNID
elusiveTranscend
3DS FC
2105-8699-9997
I actually got Mario Party 8 alongside Super Paper Mario and Mario Strikers Charged when I first got my Wii.

I don't get all the complaining about it, I had a ton of fun with it especially when I played with my cousin and friends.
Yeah. I thought the bad ones were 9 onwards?

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Yeah. I thought the bad ones were 9 onwards?
I don't even see anything bad with 9 or 10, I just see a mechanic change that everybody goes nuts about while to me it looks just fine. The only reason I didn't get 9 and haven't gotten 10 is that Mario Party was never my priority when it comes to games and I still have a lot of other games I want.

elusiveTranscendent

Smash Lord
NNID
elusiveTranscend
3DS FC
2105-8699-9997

Really though, what's so bad about Mario Party 8?
I don't even see anything bad with 9 or 10, I just see a mechanic change that everybody goes nuts about while to me it looks just fine. The only reason I didn't get 9 and haven't gotten 10 is that Mario Party was never my priority when it comes to games and I still have a lot of other games I want.
*Shrug* I've just heard second hand. Never actually played the two, so I can't say.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Dude, I bought Mario Party 10 the other day and it was fun as heck. Me and some of my friends played it over the weekend. We had a blast with that game. I personally don't get the criticism with everyone has to be in the same vehicle. I personally think it's a unique change from the previous Mario Parties.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
I'll never understand. I'd watch anime, but I'm afraid I'll turn into what is called a weeaboo.
This is the same as saying "I don't want to play video games because I'll turn into Angry German Kid/a video game addict. Weeaboos are addicted to anime. Because of that and their usual lack of social skills they are frowned upon on. 99% of the people who watch are not weeaboos, you don't magically turn into one.

Good anime I can think of right away:

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood (shounen, brilliant plot)
Angel Beats (Haven't really watched much of it but my cousin and sister love it)
I have only seen these two. Fullmetal is brilliant, easily one of the best and I would recommend it to anyone. But Ange Beats, omfg **** THAT ****. Awful

I'm starting to understand what @Shaya meant by this thread and their relationship to Zelda...
Even I'm not THAT negative to Swordfighter when I enter TsunTsun mode
Most bottom tier forums are negative about their character because they're realistic. The Zelda boards are perhaps the most negative ones, but also the most realistic. Most of us have played Melee and Brawl Zelda. In both of these games, Zelda was considered a good character in the beginning, but soon afterwards she turned out to be awful. We are not going to fall for this a third time. After three games we have got to know this character's strengths and weaknesses like no other low/bottom tier board, and it's obvious her weaknesses are still too many and, her strenghts too few and her tools too unreliable.

But at least she's decent in teams! Hurray

Last edited:
Top Bottom