• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
That feel when the Zelda Social is bleeding out into real life.
This is totally happening to me. I usually get at least 2 gifs from here to show to friends, and we get a good laugh from them.
Do you guys also use Din's and Phantom for landing traps?
I release it while someones in the air before they get to the ground so they're forced to airdodge and go through the landing lag
That's how I was able to get the elevator off :^)
Sometimes I'll knock someone away with Dsmash or Nayru's, then feint a jump towards them while they're still on the ground. Then I'll drift back and release a mid charge Phantom to catch their getup. I also use it for basic landing traps, if they burn their jump.

Din's...nothing. I've pretty much cut that move out of my general playstyle unless I'm playing really defensively (read:statue Zelda). The only use I've found for it is using it after a dsmash near the ledge. They're too low to airdodge so they have to get hit by it. Works best near KO percent, so they get knocked lower and farther. I actually get a surprising amount of KOs like this.

But...instead of using Din's, you could just Dair or FF Nair them instead...but dying to Din's is much more embarrassing. Oh, and make sure to taunt if you land it. :smirk:

Tfw you're reading 20 pages of the social, and you see more being created as you read.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
So why do people think Jigglypuff is bad? Is it because she can't approach very well, is the lightest in the game, and has bad range? I never thought she was great in this game, but bottom tier seems kinda harsh.
Just gonna quote myself again on this:
I used to think she was good in this game, but she really doesn't appreciate the new ledge mechanics or rage, Pound isn't as good as it used to be, and instant deaths off the top can make Rest punishable on kill without it being anywhere near as strong as Melee Rest to compensate. She has her strengths, but they don't compensate her weaknesses well and game mechanics work against her hard.
Adding to that, her moves are slow to start (aside from Rest, obviously) - though mostly quick to end - and her grab range is pitiful.

If Rest always did Star/Screen KO animations, Pound did more shield damage/shields were slower to regenerate, and/or her grab was better, I'd probably still think she was around the middle of the cast at least. Despite my optimism for her for the first few months of the game I really don't see much going for the character though.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
This is totally happening to me. I usually get at least 2 gifs from here to show to friends, and we get a good laugh from them.

Sometimes I'll knock someone away with Dsmash or Nayru's, then feint a jump towards them while they're still on the ground. Then I'll drift back and release a mid charge Phantom to catch their getup. I also use it for basic landing traps, if they burn their jump.

Din's...nothing. I've pretty much cut that move out of my general playstyle unless I'm playing really defensively (read:statue Zelda). The only use I've found for it is using it after a dsmash near the ledge. They're too low to airdodge so they have to get hit by it. Works best near KO percent, so they get knocked lower and farther. I actually get a surprising amount of KOs like this.

But...instead of using Din's, you could just Dair or FF Nair them instead...but dying to Din's is much more embarrassing. Oh, and make sure to taunt if you land it. :smirk:

Tfw you're reading 20 pages of the social, and you see more being created as you read.
Dins flare and blaze on the other hand. Well yeah they have uses. Which dins do you like?

Soul.

So why do people think Jigglypuff is bad? Is it because she can't approach very well, is the lightest in the game, and has bad range? I never thought she was great in this game, but bottom tier seems kinda harsh.

also obligatory "gamecube controller master race"

kawaii waluigi is the best part of that comic thing, btw
Puff doesn't like the rage mechanic. New ledge mechanics hurt it too.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Has anyone else seen the new Mother 4 trailer yet? Can't wait to get it when it comes out this summer.
lol nvm I thought you were trolling or something. I didn't realize it was a fanmade game.

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
/late to the discussion oops

IF ZELDA GOT IN MARIO KART 8 I WOULD RUN TO WALMART FASTER THAN SONIC ON CAFFIENE AND BUY THE ENTIRE STOCK OUT. Then I'd tweet Sakurai and say "look Zelda is actually good in this game" Then I'd proceed to play online and obliterate people with her magical kart driving skills :^)

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
The Zelda social is the best place to get amazing GIFs and pics tbh. :^)

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Dins flare and blaze on the other hand. Well yeah they have uses. Which dins do you like?
Hmm...well I haven't really been using customs very much. But I think I like Blaze the most. Flare is just fast Din's, which means it's still not that great. Plus your opponent can just jump to avoid it. It's more effective at landing traps compared to Fire due to its speed, imo.

You can actually do some creative things with Blaze. It's completely different than the other two, which is good, because Din's is lol. Plus that video that was posted showing the B-Reversal mechanics makes it look even more attractive.

Personally I think Fire/Flare fits more for defensive Zeldas, and Blaze for more offensive, in-your-face playstyles. Might be one of the reasons I prefer Blaze, too.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Hmm...well I haven't really been using customs very much. But I think I like Blaze the most. Flare is just fast Din's, which means it's still not that great. Plus your opponent can just jump to avoid it. It's more effective at landing traps compared to Fire due to its speed, imo.

You can actually do some creative things with Blaze. It's completely different than the other two, which is good, because Din's is lol. Plus that video that was posted showing the B-Reversal mechanics makes it look even more attractive.

Personally I think Fire/Flare fits more for defensive Zeldas, and Blaze for more offensive, in-your-face playstyles. Might be one of the reasons I prefer Blaze, too.
Flare is basically just a better fire. It's faster, more ranged, and stronger. Against projectile spammers, it helps her a lot. It kinda forces an approach possibly. I just see it making the default way more unviable hahah Apperently that's possible.

Blaze is where it's interesting. There are so many thing you can do with it, start a combo, edgeguard, for an airdodge, secure a landing. It's pretty good. I think it's very undiscovered and there's a lot to it. You can also do interesting stuff against projectile chatacters since if they hit you once, you get out of endlag allow incredible things. hmmm

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Thug life Pikachu.

His thugness is too stronk pls nerf

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
@ Macchiato Macchiato @ |ven| |ven|

Re:notable players Does venn have any notable player victories? Getting 7th at a DVDA is pretty amazing either way, but it currently didn't "fit" in the system. Master Zenyou would probably find his way as a second degree Mario but it looks like that match was a forfeit rather than a set played out?

Last edited:

|ven|

ᵔᴥᵔ かわいい ᵔᴥᵔ
NNID
Hyuven
@ Macchiato Macchiato @ |ven| |ven|

Re:notable players Does venn have any notable player victories? Getting 7th at a DVDA is pretty amazing either way, but it currently didn't "fit" in the system. Master Zenyou would probably find his way as a second degree Mario but it looks like that match was a forfeit rather than a set played out?
My TO said I beat good Arizona players but I honestly don't even know who's a good player and who isn't

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
The moment I decide to main Olimar, I check conquest and boom.
EXTREME GARDENING
Petch vs. Olimurr

why must I make such hard decision between two of my favorite characters TwT

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
/late to the discussion oops

IF ZELDA GOT IN MARIO KART 8 I WOULD RUN TO WALMART FASTER THAN SONIC ON CAFFIENE AND BUY THE ENTIRE STOCK OUT. Then I'd tweet Sakurai and say "look Zelda is actually good in this game" Then I'd proceed to play online and obliterate people with her magical kart driving skills :^)
I'm picturing playing Mario Kart 8 as Zelda and having other racers bounce out of my items for no reason. :secretkpop:

Trying to regain the lead and our red shell doesn't even hone in on them smh.

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
I'm picturing playing Mario Kart 8 as Zelda and having other racers bounce out of my items for no reason. :secretkpop:

Trying to regain the lead and our red shell doesn't even hone in on them smh.
Or your blue shell loops back around and hits you even though you're in last. Yup, I can definitely see that being a thing.

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
Or your blue shell loops back around and hits you even though you're in last. Yup, I can definitely see that being a thing.
My friend and I were playing Mario Kart 8 and she actually did hit herself with her own blue shell.

She threw it and drove off an elevated cliff to drop down onto the track below, but the blue shell stopped and hovered in the air so as she went off the cliff she ran right into it xD

Last edited:

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
Leaked footage of Zelda in Mario Kart 8
Let's see: a blue shell, 3 red shells, and getting knocked off the track only to get knocked off again by a bullet bill.
This person got Mario Kart'ed in the worst way and the funniest way possible.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
oh no poor @ McKnightlíght McKnightlíght is catching up from 61 pages back

I wonder how many minutesseconds of scrolling my shorter avatar will save

godspeed gorl

EDIT: nevermind I forgot I have a sig now too rip

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
If you look closely, you can see that they already gave up after being knocked off the first time, LOL.

Oh MKWii....the painful memories are flooding back now.

EDIT: Waiting for someone to slap Zelda's face in a gif of that...

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I'm starting to understand what @ Shaya Shaya meant by this thread and their relationship to Zelda...
Even I'm not THAT negative to Swordfighter when I enter TsunTsun mode

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
I'm starting to understand what @ Shaya Shaya meant by this thread and their relationship to Zelda...
Even I'm not THAT negative to Swordfighter when I enter TsunTsun mode
I'm glad you caught that. Most of us here are pretty disappointed of what Sakurai have done to Zelda in Smash 4.

Personally, I think she's decent-ish.

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
Anyone wanna play some matches on 3ds

If we play customs that's fine, but I'm going to sd a lot lol

Top Bottom