• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I don't think Zelda is that bad but making fun of her is just a running joke
I'm glad you caught that. Most of us here are pretty disappointed of what Sakurai have done to Zelda in Smash 4.

Personally, I think she's decent-ish.
Disappointed with her in Smash 4? Gorl, how about the whole series
A short summary of Zelda throughout Smash Bros:

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I'm starting to understand what @Shaya meant by this thread and their relationship to Zelda...
Even I'm not THAT negative to Swordfighter when I enter TsunTsun mode
If Swordfighter stays the same way for three Smash games you'll truly begin to understand

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
I don't think Zelda is that bad but making fun of her is just a running joke

Disappointed with her in Smash 4? Gorl, how about the whole series
A short summary of Zelda throughout Smash Bros:
I wouldn't know. I didn't main her in the previous games. But... yeah I agree she have never been considered 'good' in a game before. Maybe except Project M.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Balls, there was an XY update on April 1 apparently so I can't check my PKHexed pokes for legality with Battle Spot...or Wonder Trade the box of 6IV dittos I just made for wonder trading :c

No fun allowed. :drsad:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Hasn't Samus also been consistently bad as well? Though I guess she was decent in Melee at least...
Zelda is the only character in the series that's consistently sucked in every single game she's been in
If we look at other characters who have been bad across more than one game, they've all been somewhat viable and improved in at least one game:
:4bowser: Sm4sh
:4jigglypuff: Melee
:4link:Melee, Sm4sh
:4ganondorf: Melee
:4samus: Melee
etc

But,
:4zelda: hasn't been good in any official game

|ven|

ᵔᴥᵔ かわいい ᵔᴥᵔ
NNID
Hyuven
Zelda is the only character in the series that's consistently sucked in every single game she's been in
If we look at other characters who have been bad across more than one game, they've all been somewhat viable and improved in at least one game:
:4jigglypuff: Melee
:4link:Melee, Sm4sh
:4ganondorf: Melee
:4samus: Melee
etc

But,
:4zelda: hasn't been good in any official game
You can say she's kind of good in this game. Let's be honest this is the best she's done in the past titles.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
You can say she's kind of good in this game. Let's be honest this is the best she's done in the past titles.
In Smash 4, every character is good. If you put her just by herself without the rest of the cast you can say she's good. But comparatively to everyone else? She just pales in comparison.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I dunno, his recovery might be buffed and he certainly kills crazy early, and I guess he runs fast now, but his attacks are still laggy as ever; he's still a fat, campable, juggleable sack of lard; Whirling Fortress was nerfed as an OoS option as it no longer has startup invuln; Fire Breath no longer causes hitstun at the end half of its range; opponents get to control where he goes during Bowsercide and he dies first, leaving them able to recover if playing a character with the potential to do so.

Not saying the character didn't improve in areas, but I still see him on the bottom end in this game.

|ven|

ᵔᴥᵔ かわいい ᵔᴥᵔ
NNID
Hyuven
Am I the only one that likes zelda sucking Lol. I like to show people her potential. At the same time, I don't want everyone using her so I'm glad she sucks. ~

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
To tell the truth, yeah I main Zelda because she's one of my favorite video game characters and I love her playstyle, but I do also do it to prove she isn't trash. Not to mention that winning with someone considered not very good is always a lot more satisfying than winning with the best characters

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Am I the only one that likes zelda sucking Lol. I like to show people her potential. At the same time, I don't want everyone using her so I'm glad she sucks. ~
I kinda understand this since I feel similarly to Greninja. Though I don't want him to be bad, just viable without being top tier. I prefer to have the players of the character be people that really do like him or his playstyle rather than picking him up just because he was top tier. I mean, loads of people dropped Greninja after 1.0.4 just because he wasn't top tier anymore.

So if there was anything good that came out of his nerfs, it's that.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
No... I'm like that too. Just look at at all my mains throughout the years. They're all not considered good in their respective games.

Her sucking in this game is actually one of the reasons I picked her up in this game. lol.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
@ S.F.L.R_9 S.F.L.R_9 as amusing as that GIF above is, you may wanna spoiler it with a language warning. As it's considered censor dodging. ;)
Thanks for the warning gorl. Sorry about that
People still play Gen 6?
has anything in gen 6 even changed
whenever I check up with the metagame it's almost identical to what it was like 5 months ago. I stopped playing 6th gen bc nothing new ever happens

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I remember getting dinged on my GIF that had "sht" in it, and it counted as censor dodging. ; w ;

One step closer to becoming a naughty gorl.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
All the whining about staleness is why I'm not actually going to buy ORAS

Just getting pokes ready for whatever happens next, and the occasional ******* around on XY battle spot whenever I get really bored

EDIT: And two boxes of perfect dittos and perfect diancies respectively for trade fodder. :smirk:

Last edited:

|ven|

ᵔᴥᵔ かわいい ᵔᴥᵔ
NNID
Hyuven
I think the patches will really separate those who are committed to their character rather than those looking to win.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Mii Gunner's Grenade Launch has an inane wavebounce/b-reverse window. You cn literally change direction at least twice and even then have the grenade launch the direction opposite what you're facing.

I've decided the Zelda Social is Smashboards' version of Something Awful Forums. Special name to refer to the members, intelligent but stupid posting, and shared intelligence about various media.

|ven|

ᵔᴥᵔ かわいい ᵔᴥᵔ
NNID
Hyuven

Just getting pokes ready for whatever happens next, and the occasional ****ing around on XY battle spot whenever I get really bored

EDIT: And two boxes of perfect dittos and perfect diancies respectively for trade fodder. :smirk:
How 2 pokemon?

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ

Just getting pokes ready for whatever happens next, and the occasional ****ing around on XY battle spot whenever I get really bored

*Eagerly awaits for the gen 4 sinnoh remake*

That had to be my favorite gen with gen 3 as a close second.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
How 2 pokemon?
Click Brave Bird until you win.

*Eagerly awaits for the gen 4 sinnho remake*

That had to be my favorite gen with gen 3 as a close second.
It's been a topic here a billion times already but

gen 4 was the gen that made me quit pokemon until I was pestered into getting XY

I hated all the designs aside from like, Cresselia (which I actually love to death, but that applies to a ton of psychic types)

3>2>1>6>5>4 in my heart

Last edited:

Soul.

Thanks for the warning gorl

has anything in gen 6 even changed
whenever I check up with the metagame it's almost identical to what it was like 5 months ago. I stopped playing 6th gen bc nothing new ever happens
idk lol I don't go to Smogon anymore. Pokémon Showdown is stale af, and idk about Pokémon Online (I would only go there if only for Gen 4).

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
All about shell bell/berry juice level 1 Aron these days.

I hate bird but it gets some really good support moves.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Click Brave Bird until you win.

It's been a topic here a billion times already but

gen 4 was the gen that made me quit pokemon until I was pestered into getting XY

I hated all the designs aside from like, Cresselia (which I actually love to death, but that applies to a ton of psychic types)

3>2>1>6>5>4 in my heart
Damn :(
some of my favorite designs like Gallade and Giratina (then again, I'm in love with ghost types) came from gen 4.
It even had one of the coolest stories too and a phenomenal champion.
Everything about the region felt right to me.

Hoenn annoyed me with how every Pokemon was weak af outside of the legendaries and pseudo legendaries but I loved how gen 3 introduced full sprite animation for Pokemon entrances. Still, it had some of the best cities and the tropical climate of the region was excellent. Too bad the story sucked until the remakes.

For me:
Sinnoh>Kanto>Hoenn>Johto>Kalos>Unova

Last edited:

Soul.

Damn :(
some of my favorite designs like Gallade and Giratina (then again, I'm in love with ghost types) came from gen 4.
It even had one of the coolest stories too and a phenomenal champion.
Everything about the region felt right to me.

Hoenn annoyed me with how every Pokemon was weak af outside of the legendaries and pseudo legendaries but I loved how gen 3 introduced full sprite animation for Pokemon entrances. Still, it had some of the best cities and the tropical climate of the region was excellent. Too bad the story sucked until the remakes.

For me:
Sinnoh>Kanto>Hoenn>Johto>Kalos>Unova
****ing agree with this man. the truth 100000/10
Sinnoh <3

Top Bottom