• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Zelda is the only character in the series that's consistently sucked in every single game she's been in
If we look at other characters who have been bad across more than one game, they've all been somewhat viable and improved in at least one game:
:4bowser: Sm4sh
:4jigglypuff: Melee
:4link:Melee, Sm4sh
:4ganondorf: Melee
:4samus: Melee
etc

But,
:4zelda: hasn't been good in any official game
Bowser still sucks sis.

I think Zelda is good in Sm4sh.

OmegaSorin

The Lucky Hero
NNID
Semjax
So this adequately describes my training against @ HeroMystic HeroMystic

The graph rather not what its about. I started doing good, even got compliments on my movement, by the end I was SDing over stupid **** and even once SD'd at 1% damage. Sounds like my career in smash as a total.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
So this adequately describes my training against @ HeroMystic HeroMystic

The graph rather not what its about. I started doing good, even got compliments on my movement, by the end I was SDing over stupid **** and even once SD'd at 1% damage. Sounds like my career in smash as a total.
That graph sometimes represents my playstyle.

It also represents... well, I don't want to be infracted.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Nah mang, Zelda sucks Bowser is much better!

The reddit tier list told me so!
Reddit tier list is community voted
Bowser >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Zelda

Is there a KO percent chart of Zelda's moves in training mode? Not that crazy pastebin thing.
no but the think is, he's super laggy and slow and is combo meat. Even a bunch of bowser mains I've talked to think he's bottom tier but still viable. Zelda isn't nearly as bad as you guys describe her.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Zelda's worst matchups are also the best characters in the game right now. Given how many of her attacks are garbage or unreliable before you even factor in matchups, I still think it is strange that you think Zelda is good in this game.

I would go back to a Farore's with no hit box if it meant making her a real character. She's overall improved from Brawl but has the same exact issues between games, only replace recovery issues with damage racking issues. Seriously, building damage on Zelda in this game is so much harder thanks to lower damage, hard to land hitboxes (Usmash says hi), and the significant nerf to dtilt and moves similar to it across the board.

The fact that she traded in so much just to gain Farore's as a kill move and the mediocre Phantom is proof enough to me that she's not a good character in this game. The matchups aren't as harsh, but that doesn't make her good.

Through all the trash talk I do on Zelda, I still love playing her... but winning on her is so much harder than winning on like 2/3rds of the cast.

Last edited:

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Your movement with Marth/Lucina is good but you don't do a lot with it. You did pretty well on Skyloft vs my Robin because as you said on IRC, you decided to play safe and only go aggro to mix it up. You paid attention to what I was doing and responded accordingly. That's pretty much the best match where you utilized your movement in conjunction with your moveset. If that were more consistent across the board you would've been more even against my Robin and perhaps against my Samus as well.

Your edgeguarding needs a lot of work and the easiest way I can explain it to you is you try way too hard to go for the strongest option rather than going for bits of damage over time to set up for something later. You almost always did walk-off D-air (which btw is very dangerous if you get bopped out of it like I did with Samus) instead of walk-off F-air or SH F-air or best of all SH/FH B-air. You have to learn what safe options you can do and you have to control your off-stage movement and realize when you're over-extending yourself.

Overall you've played a lot better than in the past so you're definitely improving. For the most part you've gotten rid of your habit of countering and your movement is good. However you now need to learn of your safe options and you have to remain in control of yourself during a match. Learn what your character(s) can and cannot do.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Zelda's worst matchups are also the best characters in the game right now. Given how many of her attacks are garbage or unreliable before you even factor in matchups, I still think it is strange that you think Zelda is good in this game.

I would go back to a Farore's with no hit box if it meant making her a real character. She's overall improved from Brawl but has the same exact issues between games, only replace recovery issues with damage racking issues. Seriously, building damage on Zelda in this game is so much harder thanks to lower damage, hard to land hitboxes (Usmash says hi), and the significant nerf to dtilt and moves similar to it across the board.

The fact that she traded in so much just to gain Farore's as a kill move and the mediocre Phantom is proof enough to me that she's not a good character in this game. The matchups aren't as harsh, but that doesn't make her good.

Through all the trash talk I do on Zelda, I still love playing her... but winning on her is so much harder than winning on like 2/3rds of the cast.
I'm used to playing against rushdowns. I have no problem against ZSS, Sheik, Pikachu, and diddy.

Top Bottom