• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Alright, the stream for my local tourney I'm participating is here.

http://www.twitch.tv/canadianjoysticks

Singles start at around 5pm PST (~3 hours from this post), but there's no guarantees my matches will be streamed. Depends on how far I can make it. :p

If I get internet over there, I'll let you gorls know if my match will be streamed or not. If I can't, then I guess I'll post my results in the end. Heading over there real soon, so wish me luck on my first tourney~

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Diddy's throws are fine (inb4 everyone attacks me), there's nothing wrong with him having guaranteed combos off of throws. His uair and fair are the problem. Decrease uair's knockback, and startup or cooldown so he can't frame trap an airdodge, and make his fair do less damage with less range. It shouldn't have the same range or even more than Marth's fsmash.
Alright, the stream for my local tourney I'm participating is here.

http://www.twitch.tv/canadianjoysticks

Singles start at around 5pm PST (~3 hours from this post), but there's no guarantees my matches will be streamed. Depends on how far I can make it. :p

If I get internet over there, I'll get you gorls know if my match will be streamed or not. If I can't, then I guess I'll post my results in the end. Heading over there real soon, so wish me luck on my first tourney~
Good luck sis. I hope your Zeldawful prevails <3

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Diddy's throws are fine (inb4 everyone attacks me), there's nothing wrong with him having guaranteed combos off of throws.
Nah, you're completely right. His throws aren't dumb, what his throws set up is dumb.

Though, I mean...kind of nitpicking but uthrow being a 10% throw that also combos into kill moves is incredibly powerful, most combo throws are more like 5~7%. If it had lower damage without increased knockback it'd combo more reliably too though so it's a blessing as well as a curse.

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Trying to practice Shulk's reverse Air Slash off of a ledge trump on For Glory and what's the first thing I find?

A Greninja that only jabs, spams Shadow Sneak and SD's both of his stocks. SMH :////

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
But he is? I'm confused as to where you were going with that statement.

Name one match-up that Diddy loses. There aren't any, so idk how he couldn't be better than everyone else. As it stands, Diddy is irrefutably the best character. We're just hoping he gets nerfed to oblivion on the 15th.
I mean, Melee Falco doesn't lose any matchups but he still isn't better than Fox.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I mean, Melee Falco doesn't lose any matchups but he still isn't better than Fox.
That's a special case. He's a clone of the best character in the game, but his differences are big enough to make Fox superior. His recovery being **** is a big one.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
@ FullMoon FullMoon I just played my first good Greninja and wow, he's so much more interesting and technical than I gave him credit for. I also found the MU is really fun with both Shulk and Zelda, so if you have the Wii U version and you ever need some MU help with Shulk or Zelda, I'd love to play.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I have been tagged

@ FullMoon FullMoon I just played my first good Greninja and wow, he's so much more interesting and technical than I gave him credit for. I also found the MU is really fun with both Shulk and Zelda, so if you have the Wii U version and you ever need some MU help with Shulk or Zelda, I'd love to play.
I already have a good deal of MU experience with both of those, but I'm not doing anything right now in any case so I'm open for matches.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I kinda feel like I should try out Zelda again and hopefully get good with her.

Also, them Lighting Kicks man. If her boots are filled with magic, she'd be stuffed if she took them off during a fight. D:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
@ Soul. Soul. or anyone - Do you know how fast HSB comes out? I'm playing around with it and I can see that it's faster than his f15 fsmash. I don't have 2 controllers (YET) otherwise I'd just test it in training mode... but yeah. I just found out/confirmed that it kills Mario outright at 70% with no rage at the edge of FD (stronger knockback and likely faster than Ganondorf's F14 FAir). Also, kills Mario at 50% with full 150% rage.

The Pikachu boards has someone saying it's f6. But I don't want to believe that.

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
Just landed in Orlando... Now time to promptly try and play FG on the crappy Airport wifi while waiting for the bus.

I need someone to play or something to do til I get to a beach. -.-

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
Well I got third.

Diddy Kong and Little Mac took me out.

Zelda vs Little Mac with 2 stocks is atrocious.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
@ Macchiato Macchiato
I take it back, I hate Diddy more than Olimar, at least Olimar isn't braindead
Diddy isn't that hard anymore for me. I spammed Nayrus love. I can't see it being worse than 55-45 in his favor.
Well I got third.

Diddy Kong and Little Mac took me out.

Zelda vs Little Mac with 2 stocks is atrocious.
Got 4th

A SD and a Zelda took me out. I beat a diddy and sonic though.

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
I just hate DIddy Kong even outside of Smash
he's so annoying and uninspired. a 2 year old oculd have made his design
Well seeing that Donkey Kong is a freaking gorilla with a snazzy tie, I didn't think it would be that hard to envision his offspring being so uninspired.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
@ Soul. Soul. or anyone - Do you know how fast HSB comes out? I'm playing around with it and I can see that it's faster than his f15 fsmash. I don't have 2 controllers (YET) otherwise I'd just test it in training mode... but yeah. I just found out/confirmed that it kills Mario outright at 70% with no rage at the edge of FD (stronger knockback and likely faster than Ganondorf's F14 FAir). Also, kills Mario at 50% with full 150% rage.

The Pikachu boards has someone saying it's f6. But I don't want to believe that.
Looks like frame 13 going off poverty cellphone cam.

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
Input lag is my worst enemy. Just finished playing a match against an Edgy Pit with terrible input lag that kept screwing me up extending to as far as botching my recovery. It always throws me off my game and it just feels impossible to do anything.
Even worse when the match itself is going at 2 FPS... some people seriously need better internet or shouldn't play when there are other things hogging up their internet.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Okay. Yeah, after playing offline for an hour or so, this lag is really hard to adjust to. Sorry. ^^; I'm game to keep going if you want, but it's probably just location + non-spectacular internet.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I just had the weirdest FG experience of my life...
this ZSS wasn't very good so I switched to Palutena just to mess around and I did her rapid jab and...
they DId towards me.
I slid across the stage with Palutena's jab for like 80% LMAO. I saved the replay and I can upload it later if anyone wants t see

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Nayru's love does stop all of diddys options and approaches except fair which can be shielded. Dash Attack is punishable, so are his smash attacks.

Top Bottom