• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Uncharged does 15% max, fully charged does 32% max.

Shields have 50% health.
Wait, shields actually have health? I'm dumb. I thought each move had a set shield damage thingy while shields had a completely separate HP system thing.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
A question about shield breaking.
So do moves like shieldbreaker and pound have multipliers on shields?
They have bonus damage specifically for when they hit shields.

Pound does 20% extra damage to shields for example, so while it normally does 11% it'll do 31% to shields.

If you're looking at the pastebin, bonus shield damage is shown in parantheses after the damage (i.e. 11%(+20) for Pound)

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Happy 900!

I like how this page has almost entirely been discussing sharting thus far. A topic truly fit for a princess. :')

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
They have bonus damage specifically for when they hit shields.

Pound does 20% extra damage to shields for example, so while it normally does 11% it'll do 31% to shields.

If you're looking at the pastebin, bonus shield damage is shown in parantheses after the damage (i.e. 11%(+20) for Pound)
Do you know how much shield percent degenerates per second?

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
Ugh. On another note, can't stand how the officials basically handed the game to Duke over my Michigan State Spartans.

That was a such a sh*tshow... Ugh.

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
Found an image with all of the current votes for characters. Was not far off with my guesses on the top 3 characters being picked. Shovel Knight seems to be popular after being smashified by Omni.
http://imgur.com/cmB6EUB

My top 3 I posted when the poll started.
Bayonetta
Inkling
Gardevoir, Snake, or Isaac
Ridley will be up there I'm sure... But I really doubt Sakurai will even bother lol

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Found an image with all of the current votes for characters. Was not far off with my guesses on the top 3 characters being picked. Shovel Knight seems to be popular after being smashified by Omni.

I was submitting a vote for Shovel Knight when I refreshed and saw this lol

Just gotta BELIEVE

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
@ S.F.L.R_9 S.F.L.R_9 @ kenniky kenniky
Fiora got 0.87% and Melia got 0.47%
I saw that list yesterday and rushed over to the Fiora thread after seeing that she's the most voted for Xenoblade character. 0.87% isn't a lot, but I still got excited after seeing people outside of the Fiora thread want her :'D #MacchiatoLevelsOfOptimism

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
One significant factor against Shovel Knight: it's never been released in Japan. That alone pretty much rules it out - if Sakurai bumped Takamaru down to assist trophy because he thought Western players would be unfamiliar with him, I doubt he's going to add a different character when the reverse applies.
There's also the fact it isn't Nintendo-exclusive, but the latest rumour is that they're accepting votes for any videogame character, Nintendo or otherwise.

If Shovel Knight gets enough votes it might happen, but I don't see it myself.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
One significant factor against Shovel Knight: it's never been released in Japan. That alone pretty much rules it out - if Sakurai bumped Takamaru down to assist trophy because he thought Western players would be unfamiliar with him, I doubt he's going to add a different character when the reverse applies.
There's also the fact it isn't Nintendo-exclusive, but the latest rumour is that they're accepting votes for any videogame character, Nintendo or otherwise.

If Shovel Knight gets enough votes it might happen, but I don't see it myself.
I don't think anybody really think Shovel Knight has a chance of making it unless they're really deluding themselves, people are just voting for him to show Nintendo how much they would want him in, which is the purpose of the ballot in the first place.

Little Mac is pretty much a nobody in Japan and most of his supporters were from the occident, so there's already a precedent from people from the west having some sort of influence over the roster.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I don't think anybody really think Shovel Knight has a chance of making it

Little Mac is pretty much a nobody in Japan and most of his supporters were from the occident, so there's already a precedent from people from the west having some sort of influence over the roster.
This and the fact that Shovel Knight is basically a modern-day representation of Nintendo's glory days are why I wouldn't count him out.

If anything I was actually thinking he wouldn't have a chance based on popularity, but those poll results - even if just an isolated fraction of the population - surprised me greatly.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Dang, this place has gotten way popular since I've last been here !

I love how it's still classy and stuff, nice sharting discussion BTW, lol.

Soul.

Personally I voted for Wolf because I ran out of ideas.
You can vote again, no?

OmegaSorin

The Lucky Hero
NNID
Semjax

I won't understand why people will vote for someone who won't get in. Like Ice Climbers... there is a -hardware- reason why they couldn't get put in, yet there they are in like 7th place. What a waste of votes.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
This and the fact that Shovel Knight is basically a modern-day representation of Nintendo's glory days are why I wouldn't count him out.

If anything I was actually thinking he wouldn't have a chance based on popularity, but those poll results - even if just an isolated fraction of the population - surprised me greatly.
I would like Shovel Knight to be in as much as any other fan of the game but I can't honestly see him making it in. The people voting on him are pretty much a vocal minority of sorts so I don't think he even will have that many votes in the long run (if he does then I'll be really surprised with how big the fandom for that game is).

I do know Yatcht Club is very thrilled with the idea of Shovel Knight in Smash to the point where I can pretty much imagine them throwing money at Sakurai for him to include the Blue Burrower in.

Which actually is funny because that would mean 3 of the 4 guest characters would be blue characters (we get the Blue Blur, the Blue Bomber and the Blue Burrower).

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
I'm sry bby but pls it's horrid

but that sexy avatar makes up for it :yeahboi:
Your shameless flattery appeases me, you are free to live. But go forth and preach about your Lord and Savior Zelda, for she has paid her pivot grab range in ransom to atone for your sins.

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Willing to bet we made up at least 0.15% percent of those :secretkpop:

Edit: lol 0.15% percent redundancy ftw

EDIT 2: Wait, according to this:
http://www.ssbwiki.com/Shield#Technical_details
SSB4 shields regenerate the slowest?

Nope. I don't believe it.
Those votes are from a reddit poll though, for the DLC ballot we probably got Fiora up to 25% with all of our votes :^)

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
Alright. Something is wrong here. Hold on a sec.

Can you host?

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Go, Isaac, go ;_;

I think he's the character I've wanted the most in Smash Bros ever, hahaha. And it's funny cause I thought Golden Sun was a pretty underwhelming game :'D

Top Bottom