• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Is Yoshi like the Ness or Diddy of Japan? I fought a decent Mr. Game & Watch - every time I use Falco, his 2D face has to show up - and after winning 1 match and losing 2 matches against me, he switches to Yoshi and proceeds to spam Dash Attack, Dair, and fish for Uair offstage. His Yoshi was sad, all right, just sad.

Anyway, is there something about Mr. G&W's Chef that can push people down? I had it happen where it just pushed me down and I took no damage, but just sunk to the bottom and died. Kofu would probably know.

Oh, and **** For Glory. Never playing that again after going through some training with CPUs and MAN, the ability to act freely is so good compared to dealing with roll, spot dodge, and air dodge spammers along with input lag. I mean, if you fight a decent player who doesn't abuse those things and there's noticeable input lag, whatever, but those spammers... EGH.

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
You should start a TC data thread. Also applications and stuff
It's only really useful on Battlefield tho, and I don't feel like I have it completely down. Sometimes when I try to do it from the ledge I don't cancel off of the platform and I get punished sooo I want to try and get better with it before I make a thread.

Btw guys, I'm recording the video of Palutena's 80% combo :^)

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I perfected teleporting canceling on town and city.
You know how there are circles on the stage? You have to be exactly in the middle of the center circle.
Finished Battlefield, Town and City, Lylat Cruise (ugh), and Delfino Plaza! For some reason the Battlefield left cancel pic and the Delfino right cancel pic didn't want to upload...

Battlefield

Right: The front of her dress (while standing, no idle poses happening) needs to touch the center of the swirly thing. The left version is the same, except on the other side of the swirl.
Town and City

Right and Left: If only they could all be so easy! See that dot in the middle? Stand right on it, and you can cancel on both sides! Celebratory fireball! It's almost like it was made for this :'D. This might be one of our better stages because of this.
Lylat Cruise

Right: The front of her dress needs to touch the center of the stage. It's marked with a tiny black line, so that helps. Would not recommend cancelling. It only works if the side you wish to cancel on is tilting up. I hate this stage.

Left: Same thing, dress on the black line in the center. This is where cancelling wouldn't work, due to the tilt. It would work if it was tilting the other way, though. Still hate this stage.
Delfino Plaza

Left: On the main platform, there are little...rainbow line things in the middle (inside the big circle). You want to stand in between the first and second lines. Works the same way for the right side. Caught her mid-hairflip...
Not too sure how well known this is, but Zelda's jab shuts down Falcon's grounded approaches. Falcon Kick & Raptor Boost included.
Yeah, Jab is SO useful in this MU. I asked Nairo once about it and he said use Jab. Falcon has been so much easier to deal with ever since. :bluejump:
HI I'm really new to the smash community

P.S. @ Macchiato Macchiato forced me to join
Hiiiii welcome to the Boards! :)

Unrelated: Mewtwo's artwork pose looks kinda like Zelda's to me.... @D3RK 's sig made me realize, lol.

The Smash Ballot thing needs more Wolf votes...

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I would do this

I would get utterly annihilated but sure why not
I'm gonna make this a thing then
All frequents must participate....or death :secretkpop:
There'll be a 3DS side of the bracket and a WiiU side of the bracket
I'll make it so there's no rush to fight your matchup, you could play your set whenever both people are ready
It'll probably last like a month, but it'll be really fun

D

Deleted member

*was at church for Confirmation, comes back to 7-10 pages, also misses page 900*

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
@ Kiroto Kiroto

Have to admit, you're quite good.

Although I am just fooling around at the moment seeing as I spammed the hell out of Burning drop kick last game for testing.

Ggs though man. Ggs. X3

Last edited:

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
I could probably also stream matches but it'd have to be in a bit lower resolution cuz of my internet and computer.

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
Is Yoshi like the Ness or Diddy of Japan? I fought a decent Mr. Game & Watch - every time I use Falco, his 2D face has to show up - and after winning 1 match and losing 2 matches against me, he switches to Yoshi and proceeds to spam Dash Attack, Dair, and fish for Uair offstage. His Yoshi was sad, all right, just sad.

Anyway, is there something about Mr. G&W's Chef that can push people down? I had it happen where it just pushed me down and I took no damage, but just sunk to the bottom and died. Kofu would probably know.

Oh, and **** For Glory. Never playing that again after going through some training with CPUs and MAN, the ability to act freely is so good compared to dealing with roll, spot dodge, and air dodge spammers along with input lag. I mean, if you fight a decent player who doesn't abuse those things and there's noticeable input lag, whatever, but those spammers... EGH.
Strange how you seem to get G&W's often, I almost never get any of them. And yeah, CPUs seem to put a better challenge than a fair percent of FG which is quite sad, but they can cause bad habits to appear in your playstyle and the CPUs themselves tend to do stupid stuff and/or strange combos. For example, CPU Falcon loves to Jab Jab Falcon Dive every chance he gets and I'm pretty sure I've already mentioned CPU Fox's misadventures of bumbling around like a dork. I don't blame you for not wanting to play FG ever again, all it is really is a time waster at best.

Kiroto

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2809-9124-2370
@ Kiroto Kiroto

Have to admit, you're quite good.

Although I am just fooling around at the moment seeing as I spammed the hell out of Burning drop kick last game for testing.
Yea I noticed kinda disappointed i didn't counter the one that killed me lol

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I could probably also stream matches but it'd have to be in a bit lower resolution cuz of my internet and computer.
Sounds great
Anything is better than those vids that look they've been recorded with bricks lmao
@FullMoon could you possibly record/stream WiiU matches?

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I just had the weirdest FG experience of my life...
this ZSS wasn't very good so I switched to Palutena just to mess around and I did her rapid jab and...
they DId towards me.
I slid across the stage with Palutena's jab for like 80% LMAO. I saved the replay and I can upload it later if anyone wants t see
The moment you've all been waiting for has arrived
METAGAME CHANGING PALUTENA TECH:

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
There's still the lingering issue that some of us have 3DS only (ie: me, Soul, etc.) and some only on Wii U. (Ie: Macchiato)

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I also have a 3ds capture card so I can stream that as well.
(haven't tried it yet but it should be fine)
Shuwah
Lol this is really happening. HAHAHHA can't wait, let's make it next week?
Well, since theres a lot of people participating we'd have to make it a multi day thing
There's still the lingering issue that some of us have 3DS only (ie: me, Soul, etc.) and some only on Wii U. (Ie: Macchiato)
3DS half of the bracket + WiiU side of the bracket
Grand Finals will probably be 3DS though depending on what those 2 finalists have

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Strange how you seem to get G&W's often, I almost never get any of them. And yeah, CPUs seem to put a better challenge than a fair percent of FG which is quite sad, but they can cause bad habits to appear in your playstyle and the CPUs themselves tend to do stupid stuff and/or strange combos. For example, CPU Falcon loves to Jab Jab Falcon Dive every chance he gets and I'm pretty sure I've already mentioned CPU Fox's misadventures of bumbling around like a dork. I don't blame you for not wanting to play FG ever again, all it is really is a time waster at best.
Well, CPUs dodge at the perfect time which is bull, but people on For Glory spam dodges which is BS. So, there's artificial difficulty, but dealing with a CPU who can read your inputs is a little less annoying that dealing with lag and someone spamming dodges and you never being able to hit because of the input lag. At least CPUs can sort of force you to be creative in a good way since you can bait air dodges and punish them (even though CPUs can dodge those as well). For one, I learned that Falco can Uair bait an air dodge and Bair to punish.

As for Mr. Game & Watch, it's like every time I use Falco, I meet a Mr. Game & Watch. When I use someone else, Mr. Game & Watch doesn't appear. It's like a conspiracy, man! *hides in a cardboard box*

YAY! That was weird and funny at the same time... Why would the ZSS DI towards you? People usually DI out and the only time I could see someone DI towards during a rapid jab is when you're near the ledge and they want to push you off. I've done that as Fox where a Link or Toon Link finds out or knows their shield can block his Blaster, but they don't realize that I can push them off.
tumblr_m8nuh0b97C1r2mfiro1_500.gif

Last edited:

Soul.

we're all playing smash regardless. I prefer friendlies most of the time.
Never been in an online tourney though, and with the stupid online errors I get on the game it makes me want to not join for the sake of not delaying it

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
This is simply majestic. You would think the other person would get the idea to DI out of it, but no lol
At least it gives us something amusing to watch, haha.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I hope I can get WiiU access while I'm down here
But I wouldn't mind using the 3DS
Based Wisconsin is about to win me 60$

Top Bottom