• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
Does anyone know if Zelda's bair in this game is still faster and stronger than her fair like in Melee and Brawl?

But yes I think so. Her b-air is frame 6, I believe, and her f-air in Brawl was frame 8. Power-wise, I'm not sure.

Probably both for Melee.

EDIT (again): @ S.F.L.R_9 S.F.L.R_9 according to ssbwiki.com (not sure how accurate), Brawl Zelda's f-air hits on frame 8 and has 34 base knockback and 95 knockback growth, so I guess Sm4sh Zelda's b-air is weaker than her Brawl f-air, unfortunately

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Then I'm either gonna start FE5 or Shovel Knight
I lied and played FG instead

Highlight was SDing at ~7% against a DK who taunted me afterward, then I 2stocked him the next two games and he ragequit before the last death game 3

Didn't run into anyone good this time

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
Well, CPUs dodge at the perfect time which is bull, but people on For Glory spam dodges which is BS. So, there's artificial difficulty, but dealing with a CPU who can read your inputs is a little less annoying that dealing with lag and someone spamming dodges and you never being able to hit because of the input lag. At least CPUs can sort of force you to be creative in a good way since you can bait air dodges and punish them (even though CPUs can dodge those as well). For one, I learned that Falco can Uair bait an air dodge and Bair to punish.

As for Mr. Game & Watch, it's like every time I use Falco, I meet a Mr. Game & Watch. When I use someone else, Mr. Game & Watch doesn't appear. It's like a conspiracy, man! *hides in a cardboard box*
True, fighting a CPU does pretty much give you freedom from input lag so there's that. Plus some of the CPUs do put up a decent fight which is why I've been primarily fighting them lately. Air dodge baiting is something I've been trying to incorporate into my play with ROB being the main focus since his uair kills and there are ways to set that up. There's also baiting an air dodge with Ganon and then giving them the dair to their doom.
At least this game's CPUs are decent for training compared to the other games, with Melee's AI being the worst offender in that regard. When your AI is able to lose to you without you doing anything, there's a problem and that's not even getting into the bigger issues Melee's AI has.

Last edited:

Soul.

Fighting CPUs sounds like a stupid idea but okay I guess. To each their own.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Does anyone know if Zelda's bair in this game is still faster and stronger than her fair like in Melee and Brawl?
Well....
Fair is frame 9, and bair is frame 6.

Fair has a Base KB of 24 and a KB Growth of 95, while Bair is 28 BKB and 96 KBG.

Thank you @BJN39 sis for the top tier Fairy Fountain. <3

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I'm watching The Lake's Melee Zelda and wow...he's reminding me of the day I first picked up this character in Melee and why I play her #inspirational
Well....
Fair is frame 9, and bair is frame 6.

Fair has a Base KB of 24 and a KB Growth of 95, while Bair is 28 BKB and 96 KBG.

Thank you @BJN39 sis for the top tier Fairy Fountain. <3
Oh duh I can't believe I forgot to check there lol. Thanks tho. You too @ Gay Ginger Gay Ginger

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I've never posted back here.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So is this where the cool kids do kool things of coolitude?

Soul.

Well, back then when there was no internet, you didn't have much of a choice and right not it's dealing with computers being a cheating ******* or online players being ********. :p
The way I'm saying "fighting CPUs is stupid" is as if everything needed to be local; we're not in that world anymore. Wi-Fi is a thing whether people like it or not, and even if they don't know what they are talking about, they're doing that for one thing: to learn. so lel
CPUs and lag are both ****.

I can name 999 people that I know/are friends with who got 13th place in whatever tournament right now. Lol

Soul.

This is where we pretend it's the Competitive Character Impressions thread, we make fun of Zelda, and cry about how bad she is. Welcome :secretkpop:
If it's really that thread, why don't we change the title to "CCI Social"???

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
So how many mods frequent this social now?
Zelda's bottom tierness is a black hole that even mods can't resist

Top Bottom