• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Soul.

Mega Vanilluxe is not real and will not be real until they announce a new Pokémon game.
*cough* more X/Y propaganda *cough* just move to Gen 7

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Mega Vanilluxe is not real and will not be real until they announce a new Pokémon game.
*cough* more X/Y propaganda *cough* just move to Gen 7
Really though, would gen 7 even be that great?

The last time I heard game freak talk about that, they said they wanted to return the game to the simplicity of the beginning gens. :/

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
About balance, am I the only one who think that Captain Falcon's hitbox are strangely disjointed?
From what I remember and what Lavani posted, only Rapid Jab Finisher and Side Smash are disjointed. I don't think his Dash Attack is disjointed and it's more of him (and Ganondorf) moving a bit faster. Meanwhile, Samus's Dash Attack... Anyway, Ganondorf only has the uppercut on Dark Dive and Fists; and Side Smash being disjointed. Technically, his Utilt is disjointed since he summons an explosion somehow by slamming his leg down. Like a boss. :p

aren't all rapid jabs like that?
Meanwhile, Falco's Rapid Jab Finisher... Falco's disjoints are sad as hell since they add a bit more distance even on his Dtilt which might be because his tail feathers look like feathers and not a giant*** weave like Palutena's hair. :p

Diddy's hitboxes even without disjoints are stupid as hell, though.

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
@ 「 Derk 」 「 Derk 」 back to squall, in your video you used squall but before the other character used their move. Can it work if you already got hit for the first few frames?
Squall can't cancel hit lag but it can be used when locked into moves with little/no knockback (jab combos and a couple other things). If you can activate Squall at least 1 frame before getting hit you can escape the move. If you get hit before you can activate squall you can't push them away until you are out of hit lag. It's really hard to hit Zelda during Farore's Squall so you can always feel free to throw it out when you predict an attack coming. In the worst case you just push them and warp away. I have been using Nayru's Love momentum shift a lot lately to get out of combos. I just like flying across the stage in a blue crystal honestly lol

HarajukuNinja

Smash Cadet
NNID
harajuku_ninja
3DS FC
3523-3461-8281
Meanwhile, Falco's Rapid Jab Finisher... Falco's disjoints are sad as hell since they add a bit more distance even on his Dtilt which might be because his tail feathers look like feathers and not a giant*** weave like Palutena's hair. :p

Tbh I'm not a fan of how her hair came out in this game either.

Soul.

Really though, would gen 7 even be that great?

The last time I heard game freak talk about that, they said they wanted to return the game to the simplicity of the beginning gens. :/
My problem is not "Gen 7 won't be great", my problem is more so "balancing the power creep". I know some of you don't understand competitive Pokémon but I'll do the best I can to make it simple.

Power Creep: The result of adding more high-base power moves, Pokémon with strong base stats, typing and a huge presence in the game, making it more offensive.

Game Freak balances their **** around Double Battles. Lots of single battle moves have like, huge base power it's not even funny. As a result, Pokémon tend to do either good or bad because of power creep. My problems with Gen 6 come from the fact that the power creep from Gen 5 is still a thing and Mega Evolutions making the game all about "pls hav a mega evolution in ur team or u well get shrekt".

I just want a Pokémon generation that has an equal battle field and proper balance in every format. Delay it all you want, so long as it is as "balanced" as Smash 4 in a way that Power Creep is less of an issue and teams no longer depend on Mega Evolutions. I can't even play X/Y with this **** going on... well I play on Showdown but it's the same thing.

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Squall can't cancel hit lag but it can be used when locked into moves with little/no knockback (jab combos and a couple other things). If you can activate Squall at least 1 frame before getting hit you can escape the move. If you get hit before you can activate squall you can't push them away until you are out of hit lag. It's really hard to hit Zelda during Farore's Squall so you can always feel free to throw it out when you predict an attack coming. In the worst case you just push them and warp away. I have been using Nayru's Love momentum shift a lot lately to get out of combos. I just like flying across the stage in a blue crystal honestly lol
Squalls not as great as I thought now. I thought we could break out of boost kick when we were in it. Welp back to Wind.
Mine too

Is there anyone that doesn't like Furret?
Why do people not like mega slowbro? I love him.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

Tbh I'm not a fan of how her hair came out in this game either.
It's not their fault. Hair is one of the most, if not the most difficult thing to animate even in 2D. Ever watched Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children? Ever notice Tifa's hair? Ever wonder why her hair is shorter than in FFVII and its concept art? It was cut shorter to animate more easiler. Short hair is a bit easier to animate since there's less to do, which is why Cid Highwind's hair looked fine. Tomb Raider (2013) did make advancements with how hair moved, but at times, it was wacky and it needed a ton of GPU power which eventually was patched, but even then, it still requires more power than most people have in their systems or would want to use just to see hair effects.

Frozen even had an issue with Elsa's hair during Let It Go. The animators just let her hair phase through her arm since the programming would be way too much for such a little thing.

Faces are getting better quickly (even though Kojima Productions and Ubisoft did wonderful faces with their older games), but hair is slowly, but surely making its way. Look at Big Boss or Prompto.

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
imo hair being hard to animate isn't a very good excuse. Every other female character has amazing and long flowing hair that looks natural. But nope, Palutena is just like ASDFHDJDJ LOOK AT ME I HAVE A WEAVE WITH NINTENDO 64 PHYSICS

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
Having a job at an ice cream place has made me have a sweet tooth spot for Vanilluxe.
I just really can't believe all of the missed opportunities with it.
I mean cmon the shiny could have been chocolate, mint or strawberry what da hell man.

Oh and it would be so easy to give it a cool Mega Evolution I mean sheesh do they just REALLY hate ice cream? Because they've butchered Vanilluxe's rep as like the only ice cream pokemon

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
imo hair being hard to animate isn't a very good excuse. Every other female character has amazing and long flowing hair that looks natural. But nope, Palutena is just like ASDFHDJDJ LOOK AT ME I HAVE A WEAVE WITH NINTENDO 64 PHYSICS
It would take a lot of power which the Wii U doesn't have. Even then, SSB has never been known for good hair physics or hair in general.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I have my Greninja amiibo pre-ordered!

... And then my dad just told me "Why don't you get more?" and I was pretty much like "What." because I was trying my best to not make him spend too much money on me.

I ended up pre-ordering Robin too, as well as Palutena for my sister.

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
I have my Greninja amiibo pre-ordered!

... And then my dad just told me "Why don't you get more?" and I was pretty much like "What." because I was trying my best to not make him spend too much money on me.

I ended up pre-ordering Robin too, as well as Palutena for my sister.
Where did you pre-order palutena

For some reason I can't find her or dark pit anywhere

Last edited:

HarajukuNinja

Smash Cadet
NNID
harajuku_ninja
3DS FC
3523-3461-8281
It would take a lot of power which the Wii U doesn't have. Even then, SSB has never been known for good hair physics or hair in general.
In comparison to the other females in smash (other than Villager for obvious reasons) her hair looks lackluster. I'm not asking for stunning graphics, just something other than seaweed hair.

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
My elgato was delivered a couple of days ago but my current computer is not strong enough to run it without lagging. I knew that was going to be the case already and plan on getting a new computer sometime next week. A few things I've had planned is a moveset + combo video with advanced techs and such (pretty much an all in one guide/overview of Zelda). This will show and explain things like custom uses and stuff that has not really been seen in a video yet. Mewtwo will be out around the same time though so I may get distracted with a shiny new toy lol.

TL:DR: Expect some Zelderp stuff soon :)

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
One day... Mega Electivire he'll be electric/fighting for all my sleepless fanboying nights.

In comparison to the other females in smash (other than Villager for obvious reasons) her hair looks lackluster. I'm not asking for stunning graphics, just something other than seaweed hair.
Sorry I can't edit very well in my phones but dafuq you say bout Villager's gorgeous hair?
Halp me out @Indigo Jeans

Last edited by a moderator:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
huh

I think you might have misread my post. I meant every other female character in Smash
Yeah, but everyone's hair is long in a reasonable way. Pally's hair almost scrapes the bottom of the floor. Peach, Lucina, and Rosalina have hair around shoulder length, ZSS's high ponytail is about shoulder length, Sheik's tail does whatever, and Zelda's hair is braided which I guess keeps it from moving around. Realistically, Pally's hair is free to roam around, but imagine programming that. It'd be hell and a waste of time when you have 50 other characters to work on. They could have somehow said she got a haircut to make it easier to animate.

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Yeah, but everyone's hair is long in a reasonable way. Pally's hair almost scrapes the bottom of the floor. Peach, Lucina, and Rosalina have hair around shoulder length, ZSS's high ponytail is about shoulder length, Sheik's tail does whatever, and Zelda's hair is braided which I guess keeps it from moving around. Realistically, Pally's hair is free to roam around, but imagine programming that. It'd be hell and a waste of time when you have 50 other characters to work on. They could have somehow said she got a haircut to make it easier to animate.
OH I SEE. Ok, got ya. I still hate the physics though, smh Sakuratena

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
In a Brazilian site so I don't think that will help you.
Ah ok. Except when I mean I can't find them, I don't mean as in sold out, I mean I CANNOT FIND them. Maybe it's because they aren't for pre-order where I live or idk

Last edited:
Top Bottom