• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
I just saw that list and was surprised that Shulk had the worst frame data in the entire game. I guess having insane range has to have some drawbacks.

Last edited:

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
What characters have the best frame data? I had no idea Mario was second.
1. Luigi
2. Mario
3. Sheik
4. Fox

This is the post that made me aware of it: http://smashboards.com/threads/character-competitive-impressions.367669/page-233#post-18275350

As per Mario, have you guys been following our work in the frame data topic? This is a breakdown of the start-up frames of every normal and grab every character has (Olimar's full data isn't entered into that table yet but we do know it, not important right now):

http://pastebin.com/NJ4Q5PzU

The only character who has better average frame data than Mario is Luigi, and it's reasonably close. Yes, Mario has better average frame data than Sheik and Fox (barely but he does, though that calculation does give perhaps undue weight to grabs which doesn't matter for Sheik but is very slightly biased against Fox), and there's a pretty big gap between the characters with the best frame data and the rest which means in most match-ups Mario has a large attack speed advantage. However you look at it, Mario's frame data is incredible; only two normals with double digit start-up frames with those being merely f15/f16 is pretty great. Mario doesn't have slow moves that are hard to hit with given that only two of his moves are even physically possible for a human being to react to and even then not by a very big margin.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
So, I need a new topic for the Mega Man MU discussion.

Candidates:
:4zelda:or :4dedede:(because it'd be fun)
:4fox:or :4pit: (because of actual interest from people on the MM boards)
:4villager:(Because people are worried about ledge camping and they're dumb. Mega Man is one of, if not the best at dealing with ledge camping with his projectile DAir that goes through EBT)
:4dk:(Because non-default specials)

Thoughts?
I can talk about the optimal way to village and how mega just wins regardless.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Last edited:

elusiveTranscendent

Smash Lord
NNID
elusiveTranscend
3DS FC
2105-8699-9997

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Lately I haven't been going for Zelda's grab combos. I'm using Dtilt to Dthrow a lot and it's seems to be a reliable damage racker and its a good way to get them offstage sometimes and allowing us to edgeguard. idk gorls, right now I think Dtilt to Smash is better because a grab whiff would probably be punished while Dtilt probably wouldn't be.

PUK

Smash Ace
NNID
Simlock92
3DS FC
4141-4118-5477
Dtilt, Dtilt Ftilt usually works. Fsmash in place of Ftilt on fast faller.
Dtilt, dilt uptilt, nair can work too
There are not true combo, but it's good.
Now what you can do is mix pivot grab with grab to follow dtilt. Zelda pivot has really good range, and if you whiff it's little less punishable imo.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
The more I play Zelly, the more I'm actually kinda liking her. Landing them heels is so satisfying!
But **** Bridge of Eldin FD for screwing over my recovery. >_>

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Got a little funny glitch in For Fun... Don't really know how to describe it. I guess Little Mac just really want to win, no matter what.

Rizen

Smash Legend
^ @ Erotic&Heretic Erotic&Heretic Giga Mac must have disappeared when the game ended but Little Mac hadn't loaded yet so the results didn't show him is my guess.

PS on your signature what does she have on her arm? /curious

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
^ @ Erotic&Heretic Erotic&Heretic Giga Mac must have disappeared when the game ended but Little Mac hadn't loaded yet so the results didn't show him is my guess.

PS on your signature what does she have on her arm? /curious
Yeah, that what I thought. I should try with Little Mac (or Wario, Charizard, ect) at the center of the stage. I think it can mess up the victory screen even more.

About my signature, it's just a glove. Kinda long gif but we can see it here:

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
There was a brief time when the 3DS version first launched where I thought he felt pretty insane, so I tried to learn how to play him.

Then some Japanese Luigi dumped all over me and I was scarred.
Tends to happen since Luigi's grab/throw game is insane.

If you avoid getting grabbed though, chances of winning is in your favor.

Example vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQdutBzXUx0

Holy ****. I've been listening to this for 20 minutes. Sure it's a remix of the main theme but it feels.... different for some reason

I also came back from watching Cinderella. Good movie. It really exemplifies the, "If it ain't broken, don't fix it" saying.

Alright, I've practiced enough Smash 4. I'm gonna go boot up Melee.... or play a horror game like FnaF or Outlast. Aw ****, I forgot about Valkyria Chronicles. Then there's the re-run of Xenoblade. Well, it's night at the moment so horror games will do! I'll take care of the other games tomorrow.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Alright, I've practiced enough Smash 4. I'm gonna go boot up Melee.... or play a horror game like FnaF or Outlast. Aw ****, I forgot about Valkyria Chronicles. Then there's the re-run of Xenoblade. Well, it's night at the moment so horror games will do! I'll take care of the other games tomorrow.
>Looks at Valkyria Chronicles 3.

Soooooo loooooooong...

OH WAIT. I just realized. Tales of Borderlines episode 2 is out. I guess that will do to WHICH ALSO REMINDS ME, Game of Thrones (the show) is coming soon. Hyyyyped.

I'll get to Valkyria Chronicles soon

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Hello everyone!

I got my braces off earlier! :DDD I can chew gum again! AND EAT POPCORN!
Congrats! :D

Someone in my family had had braces for a while, maybe a year or two ago, and it was a long journey for them. (Eventually it was natural, y'know.) It was tough for them because they loved tootsie rolls! xD

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
>Playing 3DS For Glory
>Recovering with Zelda on last stock
>Aims FW at the ledge
>ZELDA GOES UNDER THE STAGE

Nice job Sakurai.

Holy ****. I've been listening to this for 20 minutes. Sure it's a remix of the main theme but it feels.... different for some reason
All of those remixes they did are soooo good. I though they did an amazing job on Engage the Enemy and Mechanical Rhythm. Made me relive the moments of first hearing these songs when playing Xenoblade~ <3

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
OH WAIT. I just realized. Tales of Borderlines episode 2 is out. I guess that will do to WHICH ALSO REMINDS ME, Game of Thrones (the show) is coming soon. Hyyyyped.

I'll get to Valkyria Chronicles soon
I just realized I still have a lot of money in my bank account.

I wonder if I should waste it getting a PS4.

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
Congrats! :D

Someone in my family had had braces for a while, maybe a year or two ago, and it was a long journey for them. (Eventually it was natural, y'know.) It was tough for them because they loved tootsie rolls! xD
Hello everyone!

I got my braces off earlier! :DDD I can chew gum again! AND EAT POPCORN!
Oh my word braces... o.o

I learned right after I got 'Em off about the importance of that retainer when my cousin had to get them a second time after he lost his...

I made sure that didn't happen to ME... Those braces were a pain.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
...The wildest idea for a fundraiser for my college's gaming came to me...
Host a Smash 4 tournament...

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I can't believe that some of our fellow gorls getting fooled on April Fool's Day by fake leaks smh. :^( :mewtwopm:

Top Bottom