• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Okay I think I had enough Smash for today. Really fun games, @ HeroMystic HeroMystic

Sorry about the input lag though =P
Wi-Fi will be Wi-Fi. That said, solid Greninja and you're capable of making really good reads. I still need to work on my neutral game.

Be sure to mix up your options from the ledge though. You don't always need to attack your way back on. I got most of my F-Smash kills from that.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Wi-Fi will be Wi-Fi. That said, solid Greninja and you're capable of making really good reads. I still need to work on my neutral game.

Be sure to mix up your options from the ledge though. You don't always need to attack your way back on. I got most of my F-Smash kills from that.
I'll keep that in mind, thanks.

I also love how the barrell in Kongo Jungle hates us both =V

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
I don't remember top 4 but top 3 was FOW Tyrant and Zero

And thank you so much!!! ;o;
Huh? You come to this board? I guess that make more sense than me lurking this thread. You're welcome! Yeah for FOW get placed. So we got Diddy Ditto at Grand Finals? Full Circle even with Custom Moves.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I'm so disappointed that someone brought up GoT/aSoIaF while I was busy and couldn't respond :cry:

Zeldawful has drawn me in again. F***, I can never seem to leave her.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
@Shrokatii
Ganondorf and I have been travelling...
We have been scouring the world of Bionis, learning all that we can, in preparation of Planet Mira. Within Planet Mira we will relearn combat and implement it with our own...... We plan on coming back as strong as ever!
Unfortunately though, after Planet Mira, Ganondorf is going to be leaving me for a while. He has been extremely tight-lipped about where he is going, and what will take place in this Nintendo direct.........
This could be Ganondorf going within' the confines of Zelda Wii U... Or it could not......
Ganondorf would often leave me to do some "Top Secret Scouting"... But I have no idea where he is going, nor is he telling me....

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Oh @ HeroMystic HeroMystic the Greninja boards are gonna discuss the Mario MU now so I wanted to know, what do you think about the MU? The folks at the boards all seem convinced that it's 60:40 Greninja but I feel it's probably around even.

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
Ok everyone, place your bets on Mewtwo info tomorrow. X or Y (almost guaranteed Y due to Charizard X, Mewtwo Y in latest movie, etc... but this is Sakurai so curve balls are possible), tweaked moveset or melee revamped? Mewtwo or Femtwo?

Hoping for Femtwo because of how sassy and mysterious she is. I love her personality, she literally saves people then tells them to forget about her or that she only did it to save the pokemon lol. I would love for them to give a small moveset overhaul by replacing side and down B (both terrible in melee) with moves she used in the movie. Protect could replace side B as a reflector and Psystrike could be a down B similar to Nayru's Love that hits around Mewtwo. Keep teleport because I like to warp around with my characters! Psystrike in the movie acts as a barrier so that could possibly be used as a damaging reflector also. I would be kinda disappointed if they do Mega Y but use a male voice actor.

Mewtwo vs Genesect moveset: Protect, Psychic, Psystrike, Aura Sphere

I doubt Aura Sphere will be used because of Lucario but Sakurai could pull off something crazy and make an unchargable aura sphere that locks on to players (similar to one of Samus' custom missiles) or controllable like Pit's arrows. That would be kinda cool.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I'm so disappointed that someone brought up GoT/aSoIaF while I was busy and couldn't respond :cry:

Zeldawful has drawn me in again. F***, I can never seem to leave her.
You'll learn to accept

For sure and I don't think they will but you can find them here

Singles:
http://www.twitch.tv/newmetastream/b/643849427 Time: 59:40
http://www.twitch.tv/newmetastream/b/643849427 Time 1:33:00 I got bopped crey but its ok tired johns.

Doubles:
http://www.twitch.tv/newmetastream/b/643661135 4:13:00
Amazing Zelda.

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
Well, Ganon's up tilt is way better in Smash 4 than it is in Melee so we have that. I've had quite a few broken shields with it.

Soul.

nah man
real disrespect > breaking shields and then taunt

Last edited:

Spirst

Femtwo is atrocious in my opinion. The whole "reluctant hero" archetype is boring and I find her extremely unrelatable. I will be very disappointed if Mewtwo is Femtwo.

On that note, I also think both Mewtwo mega evolutions are pieces of **** in terms of design. X looks average but not memorable and Y is lol. It ruins the whole "menacing" aspect of the character to slap a tail on the head and give it a Mew-like body shape.

I'm hoping for some special changes other than Teleport. Shadow ball is like charge shot/sun salutation/aura sphere and thus, boring. Confusion and disable were gimmicky and pretty useless. Ideally, I'd also like some changes to his normals so that the tail isn't as heavily used. I don't mind the tail being used for some moves, but I always found Mewtwo just whacking his tail around to be a little odd for the character when he has so many other things he can do. Ideally, Mewtwo will be a little heavier and stuff. It's kind of unrealistic to think he'll be stronger, heavier, and faster while retaining a kill throw and a good recovery. I'm just glad the wait is finally over.

LRodC

NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
There are very few things in this game that are more disrespectful than getting a lightning kick in the face and getting waved at as you fly into the blast zone. Same could be said about Falcon and his knee and down taunt, but that demands respect.

Soul.

Mewtwo Y looks like that Team Rocket girl from Pokémon Red and Blue (Green)/Yellow and the anime.
lmao early X/Y speculation. "MEWTHREE IS COMING GUYS !"

Last edited:

LRodC

NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
I'm interested in seeing what Mewtwo's customs will be like. I can already imagine a damaging teleport and a teleport with a windbox. Shadow Ball will likely be "slow and more powerful" and "fast but can't charge" like others who have a powerful projectile. Who knows if Side Special and Down Special will even stay the same or change, so can't comment on those yet really.

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
I don't think they'll be changing Mewtwo really. He'll probably act just like he did in Melee with some adjustments obviously.

That's just my general thought despite the fact that I'd still love to see some changes, no matter how minuscule.

Edit: This was a much shorter post than I anticipated. :dizzy:

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
As much as I hope Mewtwo is changed, I doubt Sakurai will since he doesn't want to "alienate fans." It's a flawed mindset, but it's why characters such as Zelda and Ganondorf haven't been overhauled, despite badly needing one.

I'm just hoping that Sakurai has the sense to replace Mewtwo's side and down specials into something useful.

Last edited:

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Oh @ HeroMystic HeroMystic the Greninja boards are gonna discuss the Mario MU now so I wanted to know, what do you think about the MU? The folks at the boards all seem convinced that it's 60:40 Greninja but I feel it's probably around even.
Disclaimer: You're the first strong Greninja player I went up against, and my observation beyond that is Ally vs Amsa and it was pretty obvious Ally had no idea how the MU worked, so take this with a grain of salt.

Seems Mario has a good amount of things to look out for. Greninja is fast, has a good grab, nice kill setups, and pretty much juggles Mario for free (nothing new here). Greninja's edgeguarding on Mario is also quite strong. Mario's gonna have to combat him on a grounded level and stay mobile, and pretty much never be directly above him.

Greninja has to look out when Mario gets in. He has a good pressure game, can combat Greninja in CQC and he can't really zone Mario due to Cape and Fireballs, and he can punish a good amount of his stuff. So imo Mario should have the advantage in neutral most of the time and should be doing his best in keeping control of the match and playing a reactive playstyle.

Greninja has to exploit Mario's poor disadvantaged state as much as possible, and Mario just needs to keep stuffing his options while respecting his N-air and staying away from his grab.

I also asked the Mario Skype Group for their opinions.

[3:33:36 PM] HeroMystic: So I got asked by the Greninja player what do I think the MU rating is.
[3:33:46 PM] Inferno3044: even or slight mario
[3:33:49 PM] HeroMystic: Anyone wanna comment on that?
[3:34:05 PM] Inferno3044: i don't know enough about greninja to give a fair guess
[3:35:09 PM] XeroXen: I don't either.
[3:35:16 PM] XeroXen: 100/0 mario
[3:39:27 PM] HeroMystic: Thanks rofl.
[3:39:53 PM] XeroXen: We can zone him out really well
[3:40:10 PM] XeroXen: And win in terms of CQC (imo). He just has some stuff we need to avoid.
[3:40:39 PM] XeroXen: He can combo us decently and cover our landings, so as long as you are in control you should win.
[3:41:14 PM] XeroXen: He doesn't have many ways to take that control away from you, either.
I'd go with Even until this MU develops more. It honestly has not happened at a high level nearly enough times for me to tilt an advantage towards any character.

Last edited:

Spirst

At the very least, we know Mewtwo won't have a huge ass head anymore since they drained all the fat from its head and distributed it more evenly around the body.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Speaking of it being weird for Mewtwo using his tail so much, I've been playing around with Rosalina in training mode and...why does she use her feet for so many moves??? It's weird, considering she could do so many unique things with her wand
Well, Ganon's up tilt is way better in Smash 4 than it is in Melee so we have that. I've had quite a few broken shields with it.
But like

all you have to do is know that it breaks shields, get behind Ganon when he uses it, and charge a smash attack. Is there something else that makes it better that idk about?

Soul.

all you have to do is know that it breaks shields, get behind Ganon when he uses it, and charge a smash attack. Is there something else that makes it better that idk about?
play Melee Ganon and you'll understand what disrespect really means
"ez money"

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Disclaimer: You're the first strong Greninja player I went up against, and my observation beyond that is Ally vs Amsa and it was pretty obvious Ally had no idea how the MU worked, so take this with a grain of salt.

Seems Mario has a good amount of things to look out for. Greninja is fast, has a good grab, nice kill setups, and pretty much juggles Mario for free (nothing new here). Mario's gonna have to combat him on a grounded level and stay mobile, and pretty much never be directly above him.

Greninja has to look out when Mario gets in. He has a good pressure game, can combat Greninja in CQC and he can't really zone Mario due to Cape and Fireballs, and he can punish a good amount of his stuff. So imo Mario should have the advantage in neutral most of the time and should be doing his best in keeping control of the match and playing a reactive playstyle.

Greninja has to exploit Mario's poor disadvantaged state as much as possible, and Mario just needs to keep stuffing his options while respecting his N-air and staying away from his grab.

I also asked the Mario Skype Group for their opinions.

I'd go with Even until this MU develops more. It honestly has not happened at a high level nearly enough times for me to tilt an advantage towards any character.
Understood. I particularly feel this MU is even at worst for Greninja if only because his advantaged state is so good and Mario's disadvantage is quite poor. Plus Greninja definitely wins the edgeguarding game (though I only managed to gimp you once with B-Air, though offstage Shadow Sneak got you a few times as well) and his disadvantaged state is pretty good.

I think the main thing about Mario is that he racks up damage very quickly at the beginning, but then he struggles to actually end a stock. I even managed to go past 200% in two of our matches. Greninja can have problems getting his setups to work but at least he has kill setups.

Greninja certainly has enough going for him to make him have an advantage over Mario I think. Also of note is that Greninja's attacks also outrange Mario's so he can make getting in quite annoying for him thanks to spaced aerials (which is also something I need to practice).

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Understood. I particularly feel this MU is even at worst for Greninja if only because his advantaged state is so good and Mario's disadvantage is quite poor. Plus Greninja definitely wins the edgeguarding game (though I only managed to gimp you once with B-Air, though offstage Shadow Sneak got you a few times as well) and his disadvantaged state is pretty good.

I think the main thing about Mario is that he racks up damage very quickly at the beginning, but then he struggles to actually end a stock. I even managed to go past 200% in two of our matches. Greninja can have problems getting his setups to work but at least he has kill setups.

Greninja certainly has enough going for him to make him have an advantage over Mario I think. Also of note is that Greninja's attacks also outrange Mario's so he can make getting in quite annoying for him thanks to spaced aerials (which is also something I need to practice).
Mario has a few kill set-ups.

Weak N-air > U-Smash is a common one.
D-Throw can lead to very strong reads that can kill (charged U-Smash, and sometimes F-Smash at the ledge).

But yes he is lacking in that department while Greninja has plenty. So I do agree that Mario struggles killing an evasive Greninja.

Outranging Mario is nothing new. What matters is how their neutral game holds up. In that case, it becomes more complex than just who outranges the other. We also need to account for mobility and projectiles as well. While Mario has to respect Greninja's N-air, he can't really harass Mario for free.

I personally want to experiment more with this MU before giving a definitive answer, but I wouldn't be troubled if the Greninja boards decides to put it down as Greninja's favor.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Imo:
Mewtwo keeps Shadow Ball, Teleport, and at least one of Disable or Confusion
Mega Mewtwo Y is Final Smash
Still sucks

Last edited:
Top Bottom