• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I wonder if @ Vermanubis Vermanubis will become a regular here. They all will. :p

Speaking of interrupting jabs, how exactly is it determined? Do the 2nd jabs just have extremely low end lag, or is it interruptible frames? Think Lucario's jab in Brawl vs Smash 4. In Brawl it could go into a lot of stuff, but now it takes forever for him to pull his arm back...yet when you do the full combo, the huge delay doesn't happen...help.
You got this @ Lavani Lavani . :p

dude that reminds me

Lv9 CPU Dedede the other day did jab1>jab2>Inhale to me

I was like wat

Dedede players very commonly do jab1>jab2>grab/dtilt/dsmash though, that's been the Dedede bnb since like, October. I've seen Sheiks do jab1>jab2>grab/ftilt in more recent months as well.
Considering that most of my experience is For Glory and I don't watch a lot of Triple D play, I see Dtilt spam more than anything. There was this one dude who would sit there and wait until you were close enough to use Dtilt and would taunt every time he got me off stage. It was stupid.

If Sonic can, then more Sonics should Jab to grab considering how strong his throws are. There's also Mario... Can Mario and Dr. Mario Jab cancel to grabs? And Link being able to Jab to grab might be somewhat useful... Toon Link can Jab cancel, right? Captain Falcon, like I said, if he can Jab cancel well, would be able to hit confirm Utilt spikes or to Dtilt which is awesome move. Hmm... I wonder if any other characters can Jab cancel well... I'm not sure on ZSS and if Little Mac can... Well, there's a +1 to his grab game.

As for CPUs, they've been crouching up and down a lot for some reason... I swear if they're constantly teabagging I will wreck them!

Last edited:

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I wonder if @ Vermanubis Vermanubis will become a regular here. They all will. :p
If by regular, you mean assign an overseer upon annexation, yes!

Basically, my want is that, much like Crimea, even though you're all technically the Zelda boards, you'll identify as Ganons so we can just invade.

Давайте, товарищи!

Last edited:
My brother picked up Pit recently. He pretty much watches Nairo because Nairo is his favorite Smasher right now. He's doing pretty well.

Then he was about to pick up Dark Pit then I told him not to because Dark Pit is a waste of character slot that should have never been included in the roster.

I don't know what to do though. This is the 5th main he picked up already. He already has Link, Mega Man, Ike and CF. And that's already after dropping Shulk and Luigi. Gotta narrow that down for him. Having too much mains could hurt at the long run @ Macchiato Macchiato :smirk:

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
As for CPUs, they've been crouching up and down a lot for some reason... I swear if they're constantly teabagging I will wreck them!
CPU Bowser does this all the time to me whenever he gets a kill and when I'm just standing there on the respawn platform.
One time, he just crouched repeatedly for about 5 seconds. CPU Bowser also seems to be the only one that's doing this for some reason, no one else does it, at least for me anyway.

Last edited:

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
About the palette stuff a few pages ago... Am I the only one who thinks palettes are outdated? In games like Tekken and Soul Calibur you have a mode dedicated to customization where you can not only create whatever color you like but you can create an entire new costume for you character. In Smash there are almost no costumes except for only a few characters (Shulk, ZSS, Wario, Olimar, Mac). Why isn't there a mode where you can edit at least the color of the clothes (and preferably also hair color)?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
If by regular, you mean assign an overseer upon annexation, yes!
I meant more like being in jail... forever... with coffee and sass. :p

About the palette stuff a few pages ago... Am I the only one who thinks palettes are outdated? In games like Tekken and Soul Calibur you have a mode dedicated to customization where you can not only create whatever color you like but you can create an entire new costume for you character. In Smash there are almost no costumes except for only a few characters (Shulk, ZSS, Wario, Olimar, Mac). Why isn't there a mode where you can edit at least the color of the clothes (and preferably also hair color)?
I really want to play as gangster Falco.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Uh...

How should I DI ZSS's D-Throw -> Up-Air -> Up-Air -> Up-B combo in order to get out of it? I just got oblitarated by one today because of this combo.
DI dthrow away from her and she's forced to go for fair instead I believe

Kinda the same stuff with uairs but I think those are harder to escape

I'm less sure about how to DI upB because I have heard people mention literally every possible direction as the way to escape it. I believe how ZSS moves matters too; if she's holding back you go up-forward, if she's moving forward you go backward, floaty characters can hold up to pop out the top I believe...it's hairy, I'd like to see something that gets indepth on how to properly escape it.

Speaking of interrupting jabs, how exactly is it determined? Do the 2nd jabs just have extremely low end lag, or is it interruptible frames? Think Lucario's jab in Brawl vs Smash 4. In Brawl it could go into a lot of stuff, but now it takes forever for him to pull his arm back...yet when you do the full combo, the huge delay doesn't happen...help.
So there's a flag for transitioning to the next part of the jab combo, and then there's the IASA frames. And then there's a couple extremely weird jabs like Lucario where it goes:
transition to jab2/jab3 > cancel back to jab1 > IASA

which I'm less sure of how to explain.

Basically I would suggest doing jab1>jab2 with a character at 1/4 speed zoomed in, then do the same with jab1>shield, and that'll give you an idea of where the transition points for different things are.

If Sonic can, then more Sonics should Jab to grab considering how strong his throws are. There's also Mario... Can Mario and Dr. Mario Jab cancel to grabs? And Link being able to Jab to grab might be somewhat useful... Toon Link can Jab cancel, right? Captain Falcon, like I said, if he can Jab cancel well, would be able to hit confirm Utilt spikes or to Dtilt which is awesome move. Hmm... I wonder if any other characters can Jab cancel well... I'm not sure on ZSS and if Little Mac can... Well, there's a +1 to his grab game.
I guess I don't really know what to tell you other than to try them yourself.

:4yoshi::rosalina::4dk::4link::4sheik::4zss::4palutena::4dedede::4fox::4greninja: are the main characters I think of when I think of being able to do things off a jab cancel, but the effectiveness varies a ton; Greninja has quite a bit of lag before he can act out of his jab and all followups are escapable, but jab>dash grab and jab>fsmash are rather rewarding so they're still nice to go for every now and again.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

:4yoshi::rosalina::4dk::4link::4sheik::4zss::4palutena::4dedede::4fox::4greninja: are the main characters I think of when I think of being able to do things off a jab cancel, but the effectiveness varies a ton; Greninja has quite a bit of lag before he can act out of his jab and all followups are escapable, but jab>dash grab and jab>fsmash are rather rewarding so they're still nice to go for every now and again.
Maybe we should have a list on who can jab cancel. So far it's these guys and gals and... whatever Greninja's gender is: :4fox:, :4falco:, :4greninja:, :4myfriends:, :4yoshi:, :rosalina:, :4dk:, :4link:, :4luigi:, :4sheik:, :4zss:, :4palutena:, :4dedede:, :4samus: - never used her's or figured out how it works -, :4falcon:?, and :4sonic:?

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Jab mix-ups work if nothing else.

I like doing bomb > Jab them into it. You can follow up with things like D-tilt/F-tilt, but as stated above Jab is barely used since it doesn't even link to Jab 2.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I would so recolor Duck Hunt so the dog is a guinea pig and the duck is a budgie.
Unlimited cuteness.

I sometimes forget Samus is even in this game
Why does Zero Suit Samus hit harder than Power Suit Samus? Seriously Sakurai, why?

I mean, it would be a lot more logical if she were to hit a lot harder with a metal power suit on. Just saying.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Why does Zero Suit Samus hit harder than Power Suit Samus? Seriously Sakurai, why?

I mean, it would be a lot more logical if she were to hit a lot harder with a metal power suit on. Just saying.
I like how Sakurai didn't want to put Ridley in the game "because he's too big and if we made him smaller that would be unrealistic".

Meanwhile Zero Suit Samus hits harder than Power Suit Samus and Ganondorf is a Falcon clone. gg

Soul.

meh, Ridley being in just asking for speculation to be en garde for salt.
I'm sorry I'm not sorry; Ridley has always been a heated topic.

Looks like I wasn't the only one who thought that MegaFox is the only Smasher atm that has a chance at beating ZeRo

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
I like how Sakurai didn't want to put Ridley in the game "because he's too big and if we made him smaller that would be unrealistic".

Meanwhile Zero Suit Samus hits harder than Power Suit Samus and Ganondorf is a Falcon clone. gg
"Hurr durr Ridley lewks like a gecko with wings when he's shrunk!!!1!!Shift+1"

Oh, wait...

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Also sorry gorls, backing out of the Rosalina avi hype in exchange for another waifu.
This is acceptable. I've been thinking about giving Samus some love lately.

Speaking of Samus, I've talked about ZSS' combo before but I'll do it again.

Note that DI-ing upwards is the worst thing to do because it puts you higher in the air, and ZSS' jump height is super good (2nd best IIRC)

As for the D-Throw, listen to Lavani.

For U-airs, you DI towards ZSS and you're guaranteed to cause her Up-B to flubb because her Up-B hitbox is diagonal and you're directly above her.

To DI the Up-B specifically, just hold down and it shouldn't kill you at lol percents unless it's Halberd, Delfino, or Lylat.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I've noticed with ZSS' up b that if she connects point blank you can DI behind her and you'll almost always fall out of it. Though if she connects with the tip of her feet, you can't get out.

@ Macchiato Macchiato I'm working on the Delfino Teleport Cancel gifs rn. Expect them within half an hour or so

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Wow, that's actually a really, really good idea. I would have waaay too much fun with this. Smash 5 maybe? No? Ok...
DI dthrow away from her and she's forced to go for fair instead I believe

Kinda the same stuff with uairs but I think those are harder to escape

I'm less sure about how to DI upB because I have heard people mention literally every possible direction as the way to escape it. I believe how ZSS moves matters too; if she's holding back you go up-forward, if she's moving forward you go backward, floaty characters can hold up to pop out the top I believe...it's hairy, I'd like to see something that gets indepth on how to properly escape it.

So there's a flag for transitioning to the next part of the jab combo, and then there's the IASA frames. And then there's a couple extremely weird jabs like Lucario where it goes:
transition to jab2/jab3 > cancel back to jab1 > IASA

which I'm less sure of how to explain.

Basically I would suggest doing jab1>jab2 with a character at 1/4 speed zoomed in, then do the same with jab1>shield, and that'll give you an idea of where the transition points for different things are.

Oh, I see now. It makes a ton more sense now. Thanks for the data, based Lavani!

I've been meaning to tell you this for a while, but every time I see your name it makes me think of

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Speaking of Samus, I've talked about ZSS' combo before but I'll do it again.
>Speaking of Samus
>Talks about ZSS

Canon logic > Cannon logic, imo
Fanon logic > canon logic though.

How else can I be a supreme lord of the universe with magical fairy wings, Lightning claws, invincibility, and all the ladies? or even one lady.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Eh. I agree. Zero may still have the edge because of that :\
I do enjoy the fact that people are starting to actually look at the western hemisphere now, and enjoy even more they're looking at Megafox (whose only 16 years old btw).

The funny part is this guy is basically Goku. He just wants to be challenged and have fun winning, and he doesn't even care about us hyping him up. He just wants to play.

Top Bottom