• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Kirby's alt tier list is exactly how they're arranged in-game, but switch Kusamochi and Chalk (@ Lavani Lavani why did you do this) Kirby. Kusamochi would be so amazing but the color choice is horrid. It should have been the same as Return to Dreamland. MK Kirby would be a billion times better if it was taken from Triple Deluxe, too. Orange Kirby looks like a wanna-be Red Kirby.

Basically, all of Kirbys alts would be amazing but Kusamochi, Orange and Meta Knight all suffer from poor color choice.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Kirby's alt tier list is exactly how they're arranged in-game, but switch Kusamochi and Chalk (@ Lavani Lavani why did you do this) Kirby. Kusamochi would be so amazing but the color choice is horrid. It should have been the same as Return to Dreamland. MK Kirby would be a billion times better if it was taken from Triple Deluxe, too. Orange Kirby looks like a wanna-be Red Kirby.

Basically, all of Kirbys alts would be amazing but Kusamochi, Orange and Meta Knight all suffer from poor color choice.
Y u do dis ; ;
Creamsicle Kirby is the 3rd best Kirby palette imo

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
For the record I would use Choice band Pikachu because clearly he is cheating. can only use one move my bum.
Clearly a Lopunny hits him with Entrainment Klutz on his way to the stage every time.

If I actually played Pikachu I'd totally use that palette whenever trolling with nothing but Quick Attack though.

Chalk (@ Lavani Lavani why did you do this)
Your life is better for this and you know it.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
But Shulk (and so many other characters) actually has good palettes. You're missing out ;-;
I like my characters vanilla, ok? It's the same reason most of my characters had default looking armor in Xenoblade for most of the story.

Sometimes I use other Shulk palettes because they're all cool except Shirtless (lol fanservice) and Riki (his color scheme is just bad), although Riki is the true hero so it's ok

... Shadow?

You don't mean that god awful MK skin, right...?
Is that actually supposed to be Meta Knight?

ew

what were they thinking Kirby has so many more options than Meta Knight

Also RIP dark Olimar :olimar: who got replaced by Alph :(

My Pikachu amiibo is goggles, and my MK amiibo is purple if that means anything

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
@ Lavani Lavani
I finally found my original palette list. Some of these were completely random (like Chocolate Mario. What was I thinking)? It's still kinda close to the list I just posted, though. Most of the palettes that changed between this one and the other one are my second favorites now.

I like my characters vanilla, ok? It's the same reason most of my characters had default looking armor in Xenoblade for most of the story.

Sometimes I use other Shulk palettes because they're all cool except Shirtless (lol fanservice) and Riki (his color scheme is just bad), although Riki is the true hero so it's ok
Gorl, you need to start livin' like Larry.

I like pink Shulk, but the white and the blue/purple/orange one is good, too. Sexy Shulk may be fanservice, but I'm okay with that. We need a shirtless man to balance out ZSS's sexy palettes.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I take back everything bad I ever said about Trophy Rush for unlocking customs. All I've got left to get is Sonic's neutralB 3 and all it took was absentmindedly mashing Warlock Punch while watching twitch streams and replying here.

It actually took a kinda long time to get the four other customs I was missing I guess, but it also took no focus so it was worth it.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
I like pink Shulk, but the white and the blue/purple/orange one is good, too. Sexy Shulk may be fanservice, but I'm okay with that. We need a shirtless man to balance out ZSS's sexy palettes.
imo Shulk > Melia > Dunban > Fiora > Sharla > Reyn > Riki > shirtless

for those of you ignorant: Red > Pink > Black > White > Blue > Orange/Black > wtf is this color scheme > shirtless

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
imo Shulk > Melia > Dunban > Fiora > Sharla > Reyn > Riki > shirtless
I've never played Xenoblade, so these names are meaningless to me.

I think I know that Dunban is the ugly black one, though. Melia is the pink one I like, maybe?

edit: ty for adding the colors for us uneducated folk.

Last edited:

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I've never even played an FE game, but I can tell you that Tharja is overrated.

Maribelle, Cordelia, Sumia, and Cherche are all better marriage material.
Lissa beats all of them.

But Tharja gives me Ignis/Vengeance Nosferatu Morgan.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Maribelle was actually my second least favorite girl in Awakening, after Tharja
but I disliked almost everyone in Awakening so oh well.
also I married Lucina despite liking Cherche more so Morgan would have Aether.

Speaking of Fire Emblem waifus, I should get around to playing Thracia 776 for Sara.

SOME DAY

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Lissa beats all of them.
Her weird hair/head thing is a deal-breaker, imo. She has a nice color scheme if that means anything.

Also, what is this thing with Tharja and backs? I remember someone saying she has a back fetish and idk if that's actually a thing or...

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Huh, weird... I didn't play Dr. Mario in Melee a lot, but that's just weird. It's not even that powerful compared to Mario's regular hitbox Fair, right?

@ Ffamran Ffamran Falco was great in Brawl because being good in Brawl meant exploiting the game's system more than having a solid character.
Warning: More rants!
The difference was that Fox was not only a solid character, but he exploited Melee's engine. Falco on the other hand was a clone of a solid character and exploited Melee and Brawl's engines. Likewise, Mario was a good character, but he never exploited any of the game's system and Dr. Mario being a clone meant he could borrow Mario's strengths as a character or Captain Falcon and Ganondorf. On their own, Dr. Mario was good and so was Ganondorf, but Falco? Falco was good in Melee even without exploiting the engine while in Brawl he was good as well without exploiting the engine or laser spam. In SSB4? He's good and that's it, but the fact that they made a good character worse because he could exploit the engines of past games and SSB4 so far has no one being able to exploit the engine and at the same time being able to exploit the engine makes Falco not good, but average at best.

They took a character by a previous character's design that was good on his own merits, made it worse by un-defining his play style from being what seemed like a defensive, anti-zoner and punisher to someone who's more of an up-close punisher like Ganondorf when by design, he wasn't supposed to be like that. There wasn't anything even wrong with Melee Falco and if Brawl Falco kept Melee Falco's Blaster, it wouldn't be this uproar of laser spam in Brawl or making SSB4 Falco's Blaster crap. Look at Luigi, Rosalina, Link, Toon Link, etc. and they all have better projectiles than Falco by default or customs. Should I mention his Blaster does 3% when Luigi's Fireballs do 5%? Or how about the end lag on Rosalina's Shooting Star Bit? Oh, Falco's Blaster lasers travel farther, but the end lag and the game's speed makes it difficult to use. I mean, it's like giving someone a sniper rifle and expecting them to win against a person with a pistol standing about a meter away from them. Trying quickscoping or no-scoping in real life, it's not going to be easy and the guy with the pistol can just lift his arm and pull the trigger.

The game's balanced, but there are some questionable things like making a projectile that bad or the franchise's issue with making Zelda a defensive character where in reality she's just a mess of a character or Samus being the "best character". There's a difference between utterly destroying a move, making a move broken, and toning it down. In Melee, Falco's Blaster was all right, in Brawl, it became broken, and now in SSB4, it was destroyed. This isn't even like toning down Greninja's Water Shuriken or making Rosalina's Nair less powerful. In patch 1.04, Falco's "buff" to his Blaster is the equivalent to Zelda's 0.7% "buff" on her... what move was it? Hey, how about making it so people don't fall out of Zelda's moves, make Falco's Blaster more like Melee, or make it so Diddy's aerials aren't on average like frame 5? And how about Luma not being able to kill DK at 22% with Uair juggles?

On a different note, I experienced the power of Meta Knight's Shuttle Loop. Okay, so I didn't want to play Meta Knight in Brawl because he was "OP" and I just don't like playing with an "easy" character despite not knowing anything about him and doing poorly with him whenever I used or had to use him like in Subspace Emissary. Well, when SSB4 had him less insane, I tried him out and I found him interesting. I liked him in Brawl, but I didn't want to play him because of his status as a powerful character. Well, from what I remember, Shuttle Loop was weird in Brawl. In SSB4 (and I think Brawl), he feels like you really need precision to use like Greninja, Marth, Lucina, Falco, and Sheik. That made me think that Shuttle Loop isn't that easy to use. I caught a ZSS in the air with it, killed her, then in the next match, I used it OOS wondering if it would work; it did. I made the ZSS ragequit after that. First off, I barely know how to use Meta Knight which leads to a lot of whiffs and standing around wondering, "What the hell can I do?"

This little batpuff, man, is cool and fun. The moment Shuttle Loop killed ZSS the first time in the air, I freaked out. The last time I can remember something like that happening was with Captain Falcon's Knee almost to the ground, Raptor Boost spiking, the spikes close to the edge with Ike and Yoshi, I think Mega Man's Slash Claw, and Falco's Bair. There are moves in this game that are like, "DAYUM! That killed and like that!? HOLY MACARONI! The power! I FEEL THE POWER!" @warionumbah2 and @ Lavani Lavani . :p

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Good GOD, how does this social have so much activity?!