• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Gold Link and Orange Kirby doe
uhhhh
:4falcon:: Valentine's Day
:4falco:: Dark
:4gaw:: White (would've done light blue if still in the game :( )
:4jigglypuff:: Sleeping Cap
:4kirby:: Shadow
:4littlemac:: Wireframe hoodie
:4link:: Fierce Deity
:4luigi:: Orange
:4ness:: Mr. Saturn shirt
:4samus:: Dark
:4tlink:: NES
pls don't kill me

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Banjo-Kazooie palette is also acceptable if that's your thing. I don't use Duck Hunt all that much so I don't have many opinions on his palettes.

The Dalmatian one is awful. But that's because I don't Dalmatian colouring. I like the BREED just not the colour. I love all dogs. :3
I actually like the Dalmatian one a lot. The dog looks adorable with it and the duck's colors are really good. The Boston Terrier is one I use a lot, too, because it looks kinda like my dog. I might post some pictures of him if I can find any on my computer.

I love dogs, too. Imo, they're way better than cats (which I still love, just not as much).

LOL like 4/5 of my palettes are default

I think nondefaults are :4falcon::4dedede::4falco::4gaw::4jigglypuff::4kirby::4littlemac::4link::4luigi::4ness::4samus::4tlink:
But Shulk (and so many other characters) actually has good palettes. You're missing out ;-;

The only default I use is Bowser Jr. because the Koopalings are disgusting and destroyed any chance he had of using his paintbrush instead of the stupid car.

The four I'm deciding between are

I don't like the others very much tbh.

ew gross

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
uhhhh
:4falcon:: Valentine's Day
:4falco:: Dark
:4gaw:: White (would've done light blue if still in the game :( )
:4jigglypuff:: Sleeping Cap
:4kirby:: Shadow
:4littlemac:: Wireframe hoodie
:4link:: Fierce Deity
:4luigi:: Orange
:4ness:: Mr. Saturn shirt
:4samus:: Dark
:4tlink:: NES
pls don't kill me
... Shadow?

You don't mean that god awful MK skin, right...?

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
:C Koopalings are awesome. Lemmy is the best.

The only Tink colours I like are the four swords colours.

I hate what the wiiu did to Rosalina's red dress. It looks so awful now.

and Wedding Zelda/peach is best Zelda/peach

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
The four I'm deciding between are

I don't like the others very much.
Now you're deciding between one. :4tlink:

also since we're talking palettes this gets to happen yet again:

Notes:
- Didn't realize how nice Peach's blue palette was, new favorite for her.
- Everyone uses black yoshi (even if I've been wanting black or white yoshi in Smash since Yoshi's Story...) and I don't care for the orange boots on purple, so I'm back to cyan yoshi.
- Ganondorf is palette #3 (purple cape)
- Wii Fit is the only character that uses default palette.

My palettes have gotten a bit more blue lately.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Every TL I've ever played except SP500's have done nothing but spam the crap out of projectiles and then spam U-Smash forever and ever.

NairWizard

Somewhere
The only kind of "spam" that is annoying on WiFi is rolling, because I can't react to it under lag

It's fine, though, because most players use it so obviously that you can just predict it.

"oh, hey, I'm backed into a corner and I need to get out, you know what my opponent will never expect? ROLL!"

pivot f-smash for days

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Palettes I use
Red Robin/Default Male
Gold and only gold Link
Orange Kirby
"Not Dark" Pit
Impa smash DLC when Sheik
Reyn Shulk
Default Zelda occasionally
The only kind of "spam" that is annoying on WiFi is rolling, because I can't react to it under lag

It's fine, though, because most players use it so obviously that you can just predict it.

"oh, hey, I'm backed into a corner and I need to get out, you know what my opponent will never expect? ROLL!"

pivot f-smash for days
It's always hilarious when peeps roll from one of the stage to another

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
@ Aunt Jemima Aunt Jemima as much you don't like Smash!MK you gotta admit his quotes are pretty amusing to work with.
"Come back when you can put up a fight" after an uber close set
Scrub Knight:4metaknight:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Oh God, I haven't done one of these for a long time.

Notes:
-I kinda just randomly chose with Yoshi. I like almost all of his palettes so w/e.
-Why are half of GW's palettes blue/green? Also, I miss the light blue palette from Brawl.
-I also like Diddy's Dixie and
palettes
-I randomly chose between the 4 Toon Link palettes I like.
-I use yellow Kirby because yolo (pls love me @ Aunt Jemima Aunt Jemima )
-Jigglypuff's hibiscus would be the best palette if it didn't make her almost red.
-I use Alph because he's 100% cuter than Olimar.
-Hispanic Dark Pit is the only Dark Pit palette anyone should use (I guess purple is okay, too).
-PAC-MAN for worst palettes 2015

edit: Since this is my page, you all have to see my terrible amazing taste in palettes.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Oh God, I haven't done one of these for a long time.

Notes:
-I kinda just randomly chose with Yoshi. I like almost all of his palettes so w/e.
-Why are half of GW's palettes blue/green? Also, I miss the light blue palette from Brawl.
-I also like Diddy's Dixie and
palettes
-I randomly chose between the 4 Toon Link palettes I like.
-Jigglypuff's hibiscus would be the best palette if it didn't make her almost red.
-I use Alph because he's 100% cuter than Olimar.
-Hispanic Dark Pit is the only Dark Pit palette anyone should use (I guess purple is okay, too).
You have good taste in villagers

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I go default with Greninja and Robin.

Yellow for Kirby

Blue for both Pits

Fire Flower for Mario and Peach

Yellow for WFT

That's it for the characters I've been playing I think.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
You have good taste in villagers
tbh, like 2 days after Smash 4 3DS released in Japan, I went through all of the palettes for every character. I saw the blue/yellow shirt villager and I knew I had to use her because she is by far the creepiest.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Man I swear your palettes used to look a lot different

Agreed 100%

I don't care much for yellow as a color, but I will say that palette gets a place in my heart for reminding me of Beam Kirby.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
tbh, like 2 days after Smash 4 3DS released in Japan, I went through all of the palettes for every character. I saw the blue/yellow shirt villager and I knew I had to use her because she is by far the creepiest.
I love her because she has the best sense of fashion.
Blue and Yellow OP plz Narf

NairWizard

Somewhere
Tangent, but spam is kind of a silly word, I have to say, at least in the context of when you're losing to it (which is the situation out of which I imagine most complaints against it arise--if you're winning against it and think it's annoying because your opponent isn't adapting to what you're doing, that's cool I guess). As Pikachu, if I see that you are not able to defend against Quick Attack, I will do nothing else until you figure it out. If you never figure it out, that's cool. Free pressure is great. As Sonic, if I see that your default answer to dash in shield is spotdodge, I'll abuse that and go for the spindash every time. I mean, why would I turn down a free 25%?

Besides lag (the x factor), what it really comes down to is many people just not knowing how to play the neutral, and then many things seem like spam because a poor neutral game naturally loses to spam. I've seen a lot of players who are great in advantage, positively stellar, and pull off sick strings and edgeguards on me, but then in neutral pick some of the most uninspiring options and end up losing hard.

Good rule of thumb in neutral: whenever you feel like you want to attack, don't. Because chances are if you feel like attacking, your opponent will also be ready to parry your attack. Building up that restraint is difficult, but it's a foolproof spam counter. Patience wins matches.

As for palettes, Wii U palettes are way better than 3DS palettes, especially for Rosalina imo.
But I use all the Pikachus, because they're all cute.
And I use all the Sonics, because they're all bloody the same (Sonic needs a Shadow costume, and a Tails or Knuckles color).

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Me after fighting a Pikachu on For Glory and losing constantly.

why does this character exist

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Man I swear your palettes used to look a lot different

Agreed 100%

I don't care much for yellow as a color, but I will say that palette gets a place in my heart for reminding me of Beam Kirby.
I did change a lot of my taste in palettes because I didn't really use any characters outside of Zelda/Rosalina/Sheik when I made the list, so I just chose based on what looked good to me at the time. Now that I use like 70% of the roster, I actually have favorites for each character. Idk if that makes sense, but I hope it does.

I have to find my old palette list now because I'm sure it'll be a good laugh.

Yellow is a color that I used to hate (like seriously, I HATED yellow), but it's grown on me as I've grown older. imo, pastel yellow (and pastels in general) are some of the best colors in general.

Here's a question that I've been thinking about for the past few days: Is pink really just pastel red?

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
nah son the party hat is where its at
I'd join the "goggles only" bandwagon if party hat hadn't been the way to go before goggles were an option.

As for palettes, Wii U palettes are way better than 3DS palettes, especially for Rosalina imo.
I'd argue Rosalina's red palette looks better on 3DS; it's all pale and bleh on Wii U.

Red is an inferior color though so it doesn't change anything.

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
My palettes for the characters I use go like this:
:4ganondorf:: Purple Cape
:4rob:: Red/Virtual Boy-like colors
:4gaw:: White
:4dedede:: Black, Checkered Robe
:4pit:: Blue

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
For the record I would use Choice band Pikachu because clearly he is cheating. can only use one move my bum.

Top Bottom