• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Sayri
Too bad the latter has **** support convos
So one who gets it!
...But yeah ehhhh...Granted, the "Let us be joined under the cherry blossom" line makes me giggle everytime.

Already have my waifu picked for the next game.

Also, I missed color pallete talk. D: Hang on.

Mains:
Rosalina: Pink > White > Regular = Yellow > Rest
Villager: Green > Chillager > Normal = Pink > Rest

For fun:
Shulk: Melia = Riki = Regular > Rest
Bowser Jr = Bowser Jr = Wendy > Morton > Ludwig > Rest
Kirby = Gameboy > Regular > Orange > Rest
R.O.B.: Subspace missile launcher > N.E.S > Gamecube > Famicom > Rest
Lucina: Nowi = Tharja > Rest
Luigi: Anime > Orange > Waluigi > Rest
Meta knight; Amazing mirror Dark Meta knight > Regular > Galacta knight > Rest
King Dedede: Waddle Dee
Little Mac: Regular Wireframe

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
How would you rate it? I've been wanting to see this.
So much yes roled into one movie. Definetly go see it.

Heh. Actually, if I were to give it a rating out of ten, I'd say at least a 9. Some plot holes, but nothing too major since it's actually really enjoyable.

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
For fun:
Shulk: Melia = Riki = Regular > Rest
Bowser Jr = Bowser Jr = Wendy > Morton > Ludwig > Rest
Kirby = Gameboy > Regular > Orange > Rest
R.O.B.: Subspace missile launcher > N.E.S > Gamecube > Famicom > Rest
Lucina: Nowi = Tharja > Rest
Luigi: Anime > Orange > Waluigi > Rest
Meta knight; Amazing mirror Dark Meta knight > Regular > Galacta knight > Rest
King Dedede: Waddle Dee
Little Mac: Regular Wireframe
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Good GOD, how does this social have so much activity?!
Welcome to Hell. Oops, I thought this was the SSB4 Social. :p

Uhh...I dunno how strong Mario's non-spike fair hitbox is, but Doc's fair is stronger than Greninja's 1.0.0 fair if that tells you anything (hint: it's really strong)
I know. There's a reason why I short hop it or fast fall it into people. YEA! Styling with a Superman Punch! :p

Good, good. :4metaknight:

I don't remember why I didn't play Meta Knight in Brawl, I just didn't find something about him enjoyable I guess. But yeah, he's a pretty precise character in this game - I think Greninja's still worse to play in lag, but MK definitely feels it more than most.

Shuttle Loop is really good, albeit really risky if you whiff or if they fall out before the second hit. While it may seem like you'd want to mainly use it in the air to kill after uair juggles or fthrow or something, the grounded version is a lot stronger and OoS Shuttle Loop can get you kills around 100%. Unfortunately since it's so easy to just tack Shuttle Loop on to the end of combos for that easy 12%, it tends to end up really stale and not killing until 130~150% in that case, so you do need to be wary of how much you've been using it when playing MK. The disjoint on the move is massive, so it can beat out a lot of things and catch opponents at a surprising distance.
He never clicked for me in Brawl, I never bothered to play as him in Brawl 'cause other characters *cough*Wolf and Snake*cough existed, and I didn't like the whole "OP, broken" status on him. It's similar to Diddy except Diddy's more of I just don't like his play style at all. At least Meta Knight has a sword.

The ZSS player wasn't that great or had no idea how to fight (a bad Meta Knight). He let me live past 140% as Meta Knight. For Falco, I can understand because of his fast fall speed, but Meta Knight? Come on, man. KILL ME! I was even happy when I he took a stock off and finally figured out that Boost Kick kills... which proceeded to desperate Boost Kicks...

Speaking of disjoints, did anyone ever answer about Wario's Side Smash having a disjoint? It killed me as Captain Falcon while I was under the stage and using Falcon Dive along the underside of the ledge to recover.

I learned MK in Brawl and he was absurdly OP. SSB4 MK is how Brawl's MK should have been.

Falco got hit with the nerf hammer hard in SSB4. I imagine that's how Jigglypuff players felt after Melee was replaced by Brawl.
Warning: More ranting below.
He didn't even need a massive nerf! It was their fault for giving him a wack-*** Blaster in Brawl. Really? Make his Blaster almost as fast as the rapid-fire Blaster introduced in Melee and kept as Fox's since Melee to make Falco different? Yeah, that faster rate of fire, hit stun, longer range, faster laser travel speed, and faster rate of fire in the air were all necessary. It got massively buffed in Brawl while Melee (and 64's Blaster) were all fine and Falco could have kept those even with the autocancel since hey, shooting two lasers like in Melee isn't that bad compared to the laser wall in Brawl. Meanwhile in SSB4 where shooting Blaster is more or less you know it's going to hit and can gimp someone or a troll shot. I've gotten to point where I won't follow people and just fire off one laser as Falco to troll. It's funny and sad...

His fast Dair? Yeah, could have been made weaker and similar if not weaker to Kirby's Dair spike. Now it's a regular Dair spike which is fine if Falco could make it towards someone and use it. Sure, it's powerful, but a fast, but weak spike could have been interesting and guess what? Also their fault for giving him a powerful, fast Dair spike in Melee and Brawl. Even then, he needed a setup to do anything with Dair. He couldn't throw it out like laser spamming in Brawl and land spikes like no tomorrow. He needed to do something to land that Dair. Then there's the hitbox issues with Up Smash and Falco Phantasm. Slower grabs and Dash Attack? Last I checked, chain grabs weren't Falco's fault; it was the game's design which also explains why he was so good in Melee. As for Dash Attack? 8 frames which is double his Melee and Brawl startup is a bit too much. 5 or 6 and even then, his Dash Attack isn't anything like Little Mac's during online play or Triple D's ludicrous lingering Dash Attack.

Fox was kept more or less the same since Brawl. If anything, he's a "perfected" character alongside Captain Falcon - ignoring Brawl's sin - and Mario. They just work and there's nothing janky about them except for one thing: Fox's Jab cancel which whether or not it was caught in the beginning is still funny how an honest and strong character got a little more broken while the honest character who became a broken character in Brawl and is now one of the most honest characters in the game. Fox is hella easy to use and now he can Jab lock and cancel to anything while Falco became a difficult character to use in any situation. Even then, it's not that bad compared to what Meta Knight could do in Brawl, Falco's laser spam in Brawl, 64 Kirby and Brawl Snake's Utilt, and Diddy's frame data and power.

Last edited:

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Lissa is great, the moment she had that little scene with Lon'qu when he joins the party where I made sure I was going to pair them. She's so great.
If I pair Lissa with anyone other than me in a casual playthrough it's with Henry, because Henry is amazing.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
@Locke 06 @Fernosaur Wow, that exact same thing happened with me with my little cousin. Except he got mad, turned the console off (he had the Gamepad) and left, lol. He used Doc Mario. I don't like sandbagging against people in case you guys were wondering why I didn't go easy on him.

@ Nammy12 Nammy12 Oh wow, you're Korean? I'm half! I've never met another Korean person before (besides family) so this is kinda cool. :bluejump:

@S.F.L.R_9 Haha one time I teleported straight down into a Little Mac who was charging an Usmash and it KO'd at 25% from the very center of the stage. They left afterwards...

@ Twili Twili Soap Operas? What on earth is happening in your Skype chats...
Also I didn't know ANY of that stuff about your name. Pretty cool that you used all of that to form a name. Plus it's taking sass to the next level.

@Aleate Hiiiii you never come around here anymore...:c

@ Ffamran Ffamran About Fox's Jab Cancel- I think it was intentional since even CPUs do Jab Jab Grab. If the devs put that in their programming, they must have also known that any other move that's faster than grab could also work.

My journey through the 800s is now finished.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
@
@[USER=262610]Ffamran
About Fox's Jab Cancel- I think it was intentional since even CPUs do Jab Jab Grab. If the devs put that in their programming, they must have also known that any other move that's faster than grab could also work.

My journey through the 800s is now finished.[/USER]
Well, CPUs stop at a point while people can lock people with it. If anything, they could have put a limit on it like how Falco can only lock people with three shots instead of infinitely locking them like in Brawl. I've seen people do Link's Jab 1 to other attacks, but I've never seen Samuses do it or Sonics, Triple D's, or Sheiks. Hell, I love doing Falco's Jab 1, Jab 2, grab, and F-throw. It's so visceral and brutal just hitting someone, grabbing them, and slamming an elbow into them. The only issue is that Falco's delay between Jab to a free action is much longer than Fox, Luigi, Triple D, Sheik, and probably Sonic and Samus's. Someone said the delay was increased which once again, was not necessary because it wasn't Falco's fault he could exploit Brawl's mechanics.

The Pikachu boards are exactly like the first GIF.
The other GIF makes me question the following: is your username based on a Final Fantasy thing?
I swear you're suffering from amnesia or something since you've been asking questions about stuff people talked about before... Just look up "Ffamran" on Google or whatever search engine you're running.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Well, CPUs stop at a point while people can lock people with it. If anything, they could have put a limit on it like how Falco can only lock people with three shots instead of infinitely locking them like in Brawl. I've seen people do Link's Jab 1 to other attacks, but I've never seen Samuses do it or Sonics, Triple D's, or Sheiks. Hell, I love doing Falco's Jab 1, Jab 2, grab, and F-throw. It's so visceral and brutal just hitting someone, grabbing them, and slamming an elbow into them. The only issue is that Falco's delay between Jab to a free action is much longer than Fox, Luigi, Triple D, Sheik, and probably Sonic and Samus's. Someone said the delay was increased which once again, was not necessary because it wasn't Falco's fault he could exploit Brawl's mechanics.

I swear you're suffering from amnesia or something since you've been asking questions about stuff people talked about before... Just look up "Ffamran" on Google or whatever search engine you're running.
A ff character with Daffy as his avatar.
My evens have been lost

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
A ff character with Daffy as his avatar.
My evens have been lost
Originally, it was a mustachioed Snivy with a FF name. :p

NOSTALGIA! All credits go to Keijimatsu.

And technically, I'm DUCK DODGERS OF THE 24 1/2TH CENTURY! :p

Last edited:

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
@ Twili Twili Soap Operas? What on earth is happening in your Skype chats...
Also I didn't know ANY of that stuff about your name. Pretty cool that you used all of that to form a name. Plus it's taking sass to the next level.
Haaaha it ain't even in skype. Friend offline; we work in the same Walmart and we bonded and became best friends. The things we witness in our soaps.. there's a whole story now. It's completely ridiculous but just like real soap operas, it's so addicting. We go back every time we get together.

And yeah! It's better than using my real name; and I still love my username here, but Twili doesn't have that great of a ring to it for a Smash name. Plus it's perfect for a Zelda main. Sass all the way, down to each toe when you land the sweetspot. :awesome:

I kinda want to post my palettes again, since I have some minor changes and somewhat witty commentary behind some, but then it'd be another large, long-winded post. I'm terribly good at those.

View attachment 44717
how do I put this in my sig
The same way you put it here, inputting the image.
I use this:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029

Speaking of interrupting jabs, how exactly is it determined? Do the 2nd jabs just have extremely low end lag, or is it interruptible frames? Think Lucario's jab in Brawl vs Smash 4. In Brawl it could go into a lot of stuff, but now it takes forever for him to pull his arm back...yet when you do the full combo, the huge delay doesn't happen...help.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I've seen people do Link's Jab 1 to other attacks, but I've never seen Samuses do it or Sonics, Triple D's, or Sheiks.
dude that reminds me

Lv9 CPU Dedede the other day did jab1>jab2>Inhale to me

I was like wat

Dedede players very commonly do jab1>jab2>grab/dtilt/dsmash though, that's been the Dedede bnb since like, October. I've seen Sheiks do jab1>jab2>grab/ftilt in more recent months as well.

That Snivy image was better than Daffy Du---
Nope.

Noooooooooope.

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Haaaha it ain't even in skype. Friend offline; we work in the same Walmart and we bonded and became best friends. The things we witness in our soaps.. there's a whole story now. It's completely ridiculous but just like real soap operas, it's so addicting. We go back every time we get together.

And yeah! It's better than using my real name; and I still love my username here, but Twili doesn't have that great of a ring to it for a Smash name. Plus it's perfect for a Zelda main. Sass all the way, down to each toe when you land the sweetspot. :awesome:

I kinda want to post my palettes again, since I have some minor changes and somewhat witty commentary behind some, but then it'd be another large, long-winded post. I'm terribly good at those.

The same way you put it here, inputting the image.
I use this:
It didn't work... I give it

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Uh...

How should I DI ZSS's D-Throw -> Up-Air -> Up-Air -> Up-B combo in order to get out of it? I just got oblitarated by one today because of this combo.

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
Sorry about that @ Tilk Tilk
That lag was really bad.
No big deal. I'm going to wind down right about now anyways and just watch the forums.
Or post.
Or neither.
Or play again.

As you can see I'm incredibly capable of making simple decisions.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
dude that reminds me

Lv9 CPU Dedede the other day did jab1>jab2>Inhale to me

I was like wat

Dedede players very commonly do jab1>jab2>grab/dtilt/dsmash though, that's been the Dedede bnb since like, October. I've seen Sheiks do jab1>jab2>grab/ftilt in more recent months as well.

Nope.

Noooooooooope.
So..your CPU story actually reminded me of one that happened to me recently on the 3DS, lol.

I'm used to Din's working on the CPU since they always seem to drop shield the frame before it actually hits. But...lately they've been doing SH Nairs to cancel it....especially the Marios. It's like...they're LEARNING. Jk let's not go all "Brawl CPU can learn" here.
Uh...

How should I DI ZSS's D-Throw -> Up-Air -> Up-Air -> Up-B combo in order to get out of it? I just got oblitarated by one today because of this combo.
I asked Nairo this once and he just said "up and away". So....that, I guess. I haven't actually been able to try it though.

Top Bottom