• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Then you look at Pac-Man and wonder what the **** happened.
Where is my Ms.Pac-Man color swap??
My understanding is that, like Sonic, his parent company dictates that he has to stay yellow. Well, obviously, Sega says Sonic has to stay blue, not yellow.

And I could be wrong about Game & Watch's jab, I haven't really looked into it. All I know is when I mess up the transition to rapid jab, I end up doing multiple jab 1s and often get hit.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
My understanding is that, like Sonic, his parent company dictates that he has to stay yellow. Well, obviously, Sega says Sonic has to stay blue, not yellow.

I have potentially my next 4 avi's lined up, but I can't bring myself to stop using this one.
That one is pretty good, not gonna lie.

@ HeroMystic HeroMystic was using the next avatar in my lineup earlier today. I dunno how he keeps stealing my Rosa avvies :c

Last edited:

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ

And I could be wrong about Game & Watch's jab, I haven't really looked into it. All I know is when I mess up the transition to rapid jab, I end up doing multiple jab 1s and often get hit.
But...Ms.Pac-Man is yellow :crying:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
That one is pretty good, not gonna lie.

@ HeroMystic HeroMystic was using the next avatar in my lineup earlier today. I dunno how he keeps stealing my Rosa avvies :c
For that reason I usually use avi's I either took/made/whatever myself.

I probably go through dozens that I end up never using/forget about until later, at that.

Atm I'm trying to decide which of these angles are better:

Heard @S.F.L.R_9 talk about P:M. I might come back to P:M, but I heard they butchered it in the new version.

I'm still focused on Smash 4 though. Followed by Melee

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

I probably go through dozens that I end up never using/forget about until later, at that.

Datum, ROB, I wonder who's the lucky gynoid waiting for you. :p

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome

first one

can i use it

i want to send it to a rob fanatic

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Not sure where Soup or Sonic fits into that, but it's likely because it's a transformation and not his normal color.

But...Ms.Pac-Man is yellow :crying:
I meant to comment on that part but I spaced, and yeah, that seems like an oversight.

Fun fact: the only PAC-MAN game I have is for the N64 called Ms. PAC-MAN: Maze Madness. If I recall from my childhood, it's weird/bad.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny

Definitely the first one.

Also oh my god that is glorious.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Fun fact: the only PAC-MAN game I have is for the N64 called Ms. PAC-MAN: Maze Madness. If I recall from my childhood, it's weird/bad.
So many Pac man fans in the pac-thread would rag on you for that lol. I grew up with maze madness on the game boy advance sp and it was addicting.
What really ignited my love for Pacman was Pacman world 2. That game was true beauty.

Last edited:

Spirst

So many Pac man fans in the pac-thread would rag on you for that lol. I grew up with maze madness on the game boy advance sp and it was addicting.
What really ignited my love for Pacman was Pacman world 2. That game was true beauty.
Pacman World 2 was great. 3 was just okay but a little too easy. I loved the music for 2 as well.

And of course, if you're talking Pac games, you can't forget about 2: The New Adventures.
smugturnpacmanbig.gif

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
So many Pac man fans would rag on your for that lol. I grew up with maze madness on the game boy advance sp and it was addicting.
Rag on my for calling it bad or that it's the only game I've played? Calling it bad is from memory, not recent experience. Super Mario 64 used to be really hard for me. It's still tricky but that's mostly because I'm bad at platformers.

Now, two games that really are bad? Toy Story 2 and A Bug's Life for the N64. Such garbage.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
>Speaking of Samus
>Talks about ZSS
Okay now that I'm repping my old Samus avi, Let me satisfy your curiosity about Samus.

Spoiler because it's long.

Samus is fun, but she's definitely low tier. Lets get out the obvious reasons as to why.

Really bad neutrals. Homing Missiles are 100% worthless, Super Missiles clank with everything, bombs offer no stage control and leave you completely open, and oh god her grab. Her good neutrals are F-tilt, N-air, Z-air, and Dash Attack. N-air I'm iffy over but I love the rest of them.

She sucks in disadvantaged state due to be juggled and she has no real way to get anyone off her except for N-air (which is no longer a sex kick) and her advantaged state isn't worth a lot unless the opponent is off stage. She has combos and nice damage per hit, but without the neutrals to allow her to get into that state reliably you don't see much of it.

Dash Attack is her only real hit confirm move, and this is where she can go combo city on everyone. Falling U-air is her second best hit confirm move since the hitbox is so big and it can automatically lead into another aerial or Up-B. D-throw does the same but it's from her terrible grab, and D-air can get some stuff done but it's techable (ugh), and you kinda can get Falling N-air > Dash Attack.

Samus is really, really reliant on stage control. She cannot handle pressure at all. She needs time to charge her shot, she needs space to do an effective dash attack, she needs to be able to space with F-tilt. Thanks to missiles sucking it's just so much harder to maintain stage control because her lackluster tools are unable to make her gameplan work.

D-tilt and U-tilt are kinda just there. I enjoy D-tilt as a move and I mainly use it to punish rolls and get extra damage in, but overall it's underwhelming. U-tilt is only usable as a spike from the ledge, though you can get U-tilt > B-air as a kill confirm if your opponent doesn't tech (D-air is better for this though).

Why does U-Smash exist?

So we talked about the bad but lets talk about the good.

Samus' edgeguarding is legit. Z-air and F-air walls out horizontal recoveries, D-air is a quick spike, and Samus can tether ledge-trump to get guaranteed B-air kills. Bombs can be a safe way to gimp recoveries from directly below, and Charged Shot is always a safe way to edgeguard and force your opponent to go low.

Samus' kill power is actually very strong. She has one of the strongest B-airs in the game, Charged Shot gets work done, Up-B kills from platforms (kinda), and if all else fails she has one of the fastest F-Smashes in the game with a potent sweetspot. Great for punishing poorly made options.

Having trouble killing though? Just use F-tilt > Charged Shot. It gives a tech chase if they tech, and it's guaranteed if they fail to tech.

And lets talk about Charged Shot in general. Above and beyond, Samus' best move, and is the main thing that makes opponents really scared because they don't want to eat 23% damage. This move can easily shift momentum depending on how you use it. You can either throw it out willy nilly and force your opponent to shield in prediction, or you can hold onto it and surprise your opponent with a kill shot. Honestly, Samus' gameplan revolves around the mindgames of this move, and every high level Samus player uses this effectively.

That said her positives are outweighed by her negatives. I feel Samus would be more legit if her jab actually linked properly and her missiles could be fired at a faster rate. Unfortunately we have Sakurai-balanced Samus.

To note though, customs really, really help her. Relentless Missiles are amazing, and they kill confirm into Charged Shot. Megabomb is also powerful as stage control and I honestly have no idea why none of the Samus mains like that when the other bombs are so bad, and Apex Screw Attack has strong kill power even though I prefer Default Screw Attack for the more effect OOS option.

So yeah that's my spiel on Samus.

Fun Fact: ZSS' neutral game is almost as bad as Samus', but it's made up by having a super-good advantaged state.

Last edited:

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Pacman World 2 was great. 3 was just okay but a little too easy. I loved the music for 2 as well.

And of course, if you're talking Pac games, you can't forget about 2: The New Adventures.
View attachment 44744
Each song was a masterpiece in world 2. Fully orchestrated songs? Yessss!
World 3 got kinda boring for me after a while. Still, it was a cool game.
I never played world 1, but I hear that it's fun.

And yup. Who can forget this?
image.jpg

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
oh speaking of jab stuff

I got dtilt>jab1>dtilted by that dk

dk's dtilt is so fast and huge wtf
That's what DK's used to call the Kong Cyclone (I think). You know... before Kong Cyclone was an actual move. Tipper jab1 is great, but I'm really bad at recognizing it from regular jab1 (one of my many flaws playing DK as a secondary).

Dtilt (trip) grab>jump>cargo uthrow>Uair is a beautiful thing.

@Fernosaur - In other news, annoying cousin came over again today for dinner w/family. Of course that ended up with us playing Smash, and then I got the brilliant idea to use 8-player smash to make things more chaotic so that it wasn't clearly obvious that I knew exactly what I was doing. After a bunch of games, it was 12:30 and I wanted to go to sleep. I said last game, 1v1, picked random, and the RNGesus granted me Diddy. Not only that, but the random stage picked granted me Delfino. At that moment, I decided to massacre him.

4 stock game. Kill %'s were 30% (lol transformation), SD (Mac side-B off the edge), 95% (dthrow>uair), and ~60% (dthrow>Dair into the water... Dair>Dair>Dair). I have done my service to the empire. @ Berserker. Berserker.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I usually don't post this stuff here but this was too funny.

I started to give Mass Attack a second chance as a Kirby spin-off today. Mass Attack was previously my least favorite spin-off Kirby title, and close to being my least favorite Kirby game in general. However, after today... this game is seriously rivaling Air Ride as the best Kirby spin-off plus one of the best Kirby games in general. It's like Pikmin... WITH KIRBY. Which means it's even better. @ Locke 06 Locke 06 It's so good I might just finish Pikmin 3 after it.

Anyways, because I'm me, the day I realized Mass Attack is amazing is the day I start checking out files so I can mod the game. The first thing I did was rip out Kirby's adorable "Poyo!" sound effects because Poyo-speak is the best thing in the world. However, when I was trying to locate the sounds itself, I didn't find any music files. I don't know how other DS games have their music sorted out, but I found the most stupid HAL programming jank ever. Almost half of, if not half of Mass Attack's sound effects are instruments that make up this game's music. Even the adorable intro chant things are part of it. So... HAL decided that, instead of using actual music tracks, they'd use sound effects and program the songs to play in-game through them.

If anybody has any knowledge of other DS games please explain to me

edit: oh music sampling

:201w::201h::201y: :201h::201a::201l: :201w::201h::201y:

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
I started to give Mass Attack a second chance as a Kirby spin-off today. It's like Pikmin... WITH KIRBY.
2 questions:
1. Can I speed run it?
2. I don't even understand. Kirby's a 2D sidescroller. If you were to try and make Pikmin a 2D sidescroller, it'd fall flat on its face.

Top Bottom