• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
2 questions:
1. Can I speed run it?
2. I don't even understand. Kirby's a 2D sidescroller. If you were to try and make Pikmin a 2D sidescroller, it'd fall flat on its face.
1. Probably.
2. It's like Pikmin... EXCEPT A 2D SIDE SCROLLER WITH KIRBY.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I usually don't post this stuff here but this was too funny.

I started to give Mass Attack a second chance as a Kirby spin-off today. Mass Attack was previously my least favorite spin-off Kirby title, and close to being my least favorite Kirby game in general. However, after today... this game is seriously rivaling Air Ride as the best Kirby spin-off plus one of the best Kirby games in general. It's like Pikmin... WITH KIRBY. Which means it's even better. @Locke 06 It's so good I might just finish Pikmin 3 after it.
Yeah, mass attack is the best Kirby spin off to me. I like it better then Kirby air ride myself.

It has some pretty clever gameplay, tense moments. Awesome platforming, great challenges. The best part though has to be the stuff you can unlock being the mini games. The majority of them are great, though special shout out to Stratos patrol and Kirby Quest. Both of them are fanservice incarnate.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Zelda 2.0

I'll say it until the end of time.
So I'm not the only one who thought this. I thought Rosalina was Zelda 2.0 from when I saw her. Some of their moves resemble each other (Usmash, Fsmash, Bair, Dair).

Now it's not so much their moves anymore but more their playstyles. Light, floatly defensive characters with a lot of range and kill power.

But one sucks and one is top.

Nairo

Banned via Administration
My brother picked up Pit recently. He pretty much watches Nairo because Nairo is his favorite Smasher right now. He's doing pretty well.

Then he was about to pick up Dark Pit then I told him not to because Dark Pit is a waste of character slot that should have never been included in the roster.

I don't know what to do though. This is the 5th main he picked up already. He already has Link, Mega Man, Ike and CF. And that's already after dropping Shulk and Luigi. Gotta narrow that down for him. Having too much mains could hurt at the long run @ Macchiato Macchiato :smirk:
Let him use Dpit lolol him being a character wasn't a bad thing..but him being 98.5% similar to pit is

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Actually tried out a few matches with Zelda and... shes pretty fun, though I kinda miss Brawl Zelda.
Zelda 2.0

I'll say it until the end of time.

He's made of starlight.

As in that light when I continuously KO him.

I will throw a game to kill Luma as many times as possible.

#HurtingWhatTheyReallyLove
But... they're so cute. Monster!

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
So I'm not the only one who thought this. I thought Rosalina was Zelda 2.0 from when I saw her. Some of their moves resemble each other (Usmash, Fsmash, Bair, Dair).

Now it's not so much their moves anymore but more their playstyles. Light, floatly defensive characters with a lot of range and kill power.

The only similar thing I see is dsmash. They're playstyles are different too. Yes they're both defensive but they do it completely differently.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger

It gets weirder between the two when you look at the data. •_•

A disturbing amount of their data matches up closely, or seem to be balanced around each other and similar. It's not just her similar animations. (Which are many...)

Y'know how Zelda's Dtilt uniquely does 4.5%?

Rosalina's does too.

Edit : There's also multiple instances where their moves hit on the exact same hit-frame, and a couple with only 1 frame differences.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It gets weirder between the two when you look at the data. •_•

A disturbing amount of their data matches up closely, or seem to be balanced around each other and similar. It's not just her similar animations. (Which are many...)

Y'know how Zelda's Dtilt uniquely does 4.5%?

Rosalina's does too.
Pfft Rosalina just wants to be like our queen, Zelda :awesome:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
I usually don't post this stuff here but this was too funny.

I started to give Mass Attack a second chance as a Kirby spin-off today. Mass Attack was previously my least favorite spin-off Kirby title, and close to being my least favorite Kirby game in general. However, after today... this game is seriously rivaling Air Ride as the best Kirby spin-off plus one of the best Kirby games in general. It's like Pikmin... WITH KIRBY. Which means it's even better. @Locke 06 It's so good I might just finish Pikmin 3 after it.

Anyways, because I'm me, the day I realized Mass Attack is amazing is the day I start checking out files so I can mod the game. The first thing I did was rip out Kirby's adorable "Poyo!" sound effects because Poyo-speak is the best thing in the world. However, when I was trying to locate the sounds itself, I didn't find any music files. I don't know how other DS games have their music sorted out, but I found the most stupid HAL programming jank ever. Almost half of, if not half of Mass Attack's sound effects are instruments that make up this game's music. Even the adorable intro chant things are part of it. So... HAL decided that, instead of using actual music tracks, they'd use sound effects and program the songs to play in-game through them.

If anybody has any knowledge of other DS games please explain to me

edit: oh music sampling

:201w::201h::201y: :201h::201a::201l: :201w::201h::201y:
Mass Attack has Sound Test though... That has all the music in it, couldn't you use that?

Also help on spaceship level pls

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
* and the Chaos Emerald colors for Sonic, although character references like him would be better (I think his rings reference the CEs? @ Mr. Johan Mr. Johan confirm).
Seven of Sonic's palettes are the seven colors of the Chaos Emeralds in the current canon: red, blue (default), green, purple, yellow, cyan, and gray. The Black Sonic palette can be seen as the odd one out, but in Sonic Adventure, when Chaos absorbed the power of the Emeralds, they turned pitch black, so it could be a sneak reference to that. Cyan Sonic has the Crystal Ring from Sonic Adventure for the cuffs on his gloves - they even emanate light like the Crystal Ring does, when they could have just been cyan colored jelly rings like the green Sonic's got and call it a day - so it's not too out there to think Black Sonic was an Adventure reference.

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I was about to change my username into something really stupid, but thank glod this popped up
image.jpg

Again >_>
But I'm kind of glad, I would been stuck with the name ............ For 30 days

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
Pfft Rosalina just wants to be like our queen, Zelda :awesome:

Melee Zelda is probably her best iteration, in terms of style and moveset. It's just the moveset sucked for melee in particular. But her design is da best.

Last edited:

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
ALttP Zelda is my favorite:

I don't really care for OoT Zelda. I've always preferred the classic and young versions of her and Link. Something about those designs appeal to me far more than the Adults and Toons.

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
ALttP Zelda is my favorite:

I don't really care for OoT Zelda. I've always preferred the classic and young versions of her and Link. Something about those designs appeal to me far more than the Adults and Toons.
That would probably be my third favorite. Toon Zelda is the worst imo, and twilight princess probably my second. Skyward Sword probably ties third...

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Hey gorls, how are you all tod-
>notices own username now has the dreaded pink text
>is no longer a pure gorl :^(
>MFW

Also, we all know TP Zelda is the biggest betch bae of all Zeldas. <3333

She's 3 perfect 5 you. :^)

I loved TP Zelda. She's the prettiest incarnation of Zelda so far, and she's the least annoying for the most obvious reasons

I'd watch Aftershock out of curiosity but I'm using an iPad right now.

Anyway, I've found some secretly insane jump death combos again. I love this art so much :3

Fun Fact: ZSS' neutral game is almost as bad as Samus', but it's made up by having a super-good advantaged state.
I was thinking about this while I was trying out ZSS. When I said, "I don't like her neutral. She relies too much on n-air spam and neutral B spam," I was thinking that her neutral was pretty bad. Although this sounds like Shulk (it really does), his arts really make his neutral solid and much more varied and unpredictable (if you play it right). Plus, he still has other good moves at neutral like his tilts, and his f-air

When I noticed that her neutral was surprisingly not good at all, I thought I was wrong. Well, I guess I found out why I can't really use ZSS at all.

Last edited:

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533

What's with people thinking calm characters with a sorrowful quality have no personality? :4zelda::rosalina::4lucina::4samus: are always claimed to have "no personality" >_>
Maybe because... They don't? Idk but that post wasn't supposed to be very serious. But on that topic, I actually do think that rosalina and lucina are pretty bland. In smash bros at least. I never played their respective games.

I mean look at their taunts and victory poses. There's like, no expression.

Last edited:
wasting my 3000th post

time to go outside and think about life
That reminds me.... I was out for ~7 hours. It was my brother's graduation from High School. It was a massive nostalgia trip for me because I came from the same school. GOSH. The feels ;-;

Still remember my grades for my 4th year. Did extremely well at 1st and 2nd term. Totally ****ed it up in 3rd term. Still promoted for graduation. Yeah boi. Can't blame me. I passed for most of the colleges I applied for, therefore my grades were irrelevant from that moment onward~

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
You can't really judge personality off of Smash

All Rosalina says is WOOHOO MMMHMMM -drunk noises- and all Lucina says is random quotes about the future and dissing female Robin. That's nothing like how they are in their games

Top Bottom