• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I am afraid of doing the events on hard

There's this ridiculous Kirby one (where you must heal yourself completely in the Great Cave Offensive stage) that was hard enough on easy.
and there's a challenge for doing it on hard!
HOW

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Yeah I have only done a few solo event matches. I heard about that Kirby one :(

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
And a super speed one where you have to KO three other characters in 25 seconds
as Sonic
again, super speed match

Why, Sakurai. I can't do this on hard. Am I a scrub?!

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
And a super speed one where you have to KO three other characters in 25 seconds
as Sonic
again, super speed match

Why, Sakurai. I can't do this on hard. Am I a scrub?!
Yeah I remember that one. At this point, I don't think I will bother doing solo event matches on hard :( Missed out on a potentially delicious meal which was replaced with rage and tears. (Was supposed to eat out with my friend but we were too stubborn to give up)

Last edited:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I will persevere somehow, though. Even if it means just looking up fast methods online.
I too must completely clear the challenges.

But yeah he was not kidding when he said the 3DS version had easier Challenges.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
For the Kirby one, use neutral B to eat the food, you get more health that way. It's really easy. All the solo event ones are.

idk about coop, I have no one to do them with me.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Hm so you have to complete all the reward conditions for solo event matches to unlock a trophy? Sounds like hell.

And there isn't one for co-op. What a waste, haha. You're better off not doing the co-op event matches anyway...

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Co-op is more or less the same, you just need to have somebody somewhat competent to help you.

I can't beat the one with Game and Watch landing on Lylat Cruise because my partner(s) always get caught with Falco's years of end lag aerials/Smash attacks.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Co-op is more or less the same, you just need to have somebody somewhat competent to help you.

I can't beat the one with Game and Watch landing on Lylat Cruise because my partner(s) always get caught with Falco's years of end lag aerials/Smash attacks.
That one wasn't too hard for us. Used nothing but uair and killed them as high up as possible.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
For the Kirby one, use neutral B to eat the food, you get more health that way. It's really easy. All the solo event ones are.
Oh I'm not a scrub just stupid!

But Aero
some of these events make me want to cry

The co-op ones seem easier, tbh. They underestimate what two decent players with friendly fire off can do.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
That one wasn't too hard for us. Used nothing but uair and killed them as high up as possible.
That's what I do as Fox. But for whatever reason the only move my teammates can ever kill with is F-Smash (literally inches before they hit the ground).

I was playing Smash 3DS with my cat watching

It likes meowing at Zelda mostly but it doesn't meow as much when I input Din's fire. Probably just coincidental but still, very cute :>

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Kirby's Crazy Appetite is the worst event in the game. Here's my advice:

-Inhale a Dedede. Dedede gets a 1.5x multiplier whenever he inhales food. So when you use Dedede's inhale after taking his power, you'll heal more hp.
-Get lucky.

Between exploding treasure chests that don't contain any food (why?) and exploding presents (why?!), the Dedede's also eat the food and will swarm you at times. The stage is huge so you'll probably be better off pausing the game and using the camera to search for those tiny specs of food on the ground instead of hurting your eyes. If multiple Dededes are going after a treasure chest, then it isn't worth it. Give up and run away.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Sakurai knew what he was doing when he made this monstrosity of an event. That's why it has its own special challenge.

Sakurai knew what he was doing when he made this monstrosity of an event. That's why it has its own special challenge.
He knew what he was doing with an event, yet he didn't know what he was doing when he was making Zelda

... I still love playing as Zelda but she's a mess

Last edited:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I have yet to touch Bravely Default. I have a copy of it, I just haven't started it. Not sure why.

Play the game. Seriously. It's really good. If I didn't bother buying Smash 3DS, that game would be my 3DS GOTY

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I have too many things to start an RPG. I say as I invest ever more time into Smash 4.

Play the game. Seriously. It's really good. If I didn't bother buying Smash 3DS, that game would be my 3DS GOTY
I was going to say Link Between Worlds (nothing tops Zelda for me, generally) but then I remembered it came out late 2013.

Last edited:
I was going to say Link Between Worlds (nothing tops Zelda for me, generally) but then I remembered it came out late 2013.
I liked Link Between Worlds but Fire Emblem Awakening was my personal favorite for that year (2013)

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I honestly didn't enjoy it even though I like actual RPGs which it is. Too many small problems with the game for me

Xys

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1435-5012-4542
Also I hope to see more of Lorule in the future though i feel that it will be a one time thing.

My face when I use elevator with Zelda. *Rose sticking middle finger on elevator titanic.gif*

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I hope to see more of Lorule in the future though i feel that it will be a one time thing.
I'd like to see more twilight in Zelda games just cause it was so dang pretty. In other words you'll see some sort of dark world I can assure you that

I honestly didn't enjoy it even though I like actual RPGs which it is. Too many small problems with the game for me
If it had something to do with the grinding, the story, the characters, the cheesiness or a certain chunk of the game then I'd understand why you didn't enjoy it. Although none of that bothered me, I honestly liked the story and the characters (A bit so-so on Agnes)

Xys

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1435-5012-4542
This is gonna sound ridiculous but I never really looked into Bravery Default only because the name did not click with me well (Default? I hope that has something to do with the story). I might give it a try now.

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
If it had something to do with the grinding, the story, the characters, the cheesiness or a certain chunk of the game then I'd understand why you didn't enjoy it. Although none of that bothered me, I honestly liked the story and the characters (A bit so-so on Agnes)
honestly I thought it was going to be really good, like the demo just felt right. But the actual game was just slowly degrading me to a point where I just snapped

edit:
This is gonna sound ridiculous but I never really looked into Bravery Default only because the name did not click with me well (Default? I hope that has something to do with the story). I might give it a try now.
default has to do with the main game mechanics

Last edited:
How did it degrade you slowly? Based on you saying that the demo was good, I'm suspecting that you're talking about that "part" of the game.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
How did it degrade you slowly? Based on you saying that the demo was good, I'm suspecting that you're talking about that "part" of the game.
A lot of the things you mentioned
1. Grinding always feels degrading 2. the characters never learning 3. the entire second half of the game 4. the difficultly "scaling" 5. that pay to something thing just sitting there... staring at me 6. The turn based combat never felt like it hit a good spot like it did in the demo 7. I'm sure there were more quirks for me in the story, but I'm not playing it again
There was no one big thing and usually I prefer that cause it makes it simple, can I get past this 1 thing in the game? vs. can I get past the reoccurring repeatedly annoying, but small things in this game.

A lot of the things you mentioned
1. Grinding always feels degrading 2. the characters never learning 3. the entire second half of the game 4. the difficultly "scaling" 5. that pay to something thing just sitting there... staring at me 6. The turn based combat never felt like it hit a good spot like it did in the demo 7. I'm sure there were more quirks for me in the story, but I'm not playing it again
There was no one big thing and usually I prefer that cause it makes it simple, can I get past this 1 thing in the game? vs. can I get past the reoccurring repeatedly annoying, but small things in this game.
Well that's interesting. Ah well

I still enjoyed the game and shredding through it in hard mode with this class combo/set up:
Agnes (Spiritmaster/White mage): Holy one, Maximize HP [Gear is focused on mind and magic defense/physical defense]
Tiz (Ninja/Pirate): Frenetic fighting, precision [Gear is focused on strength/crit]
Ringabel (Ninja/Templar): Frenetic fighting, precision [Gear is focused on strength/crit]
Edea (Ninja/Dancer): Frenetic fighting, precision [Gear is focused on strength/crit]

I took advantage of the second half grind fest to make this set up. Ninja is OP. 9999x2 damage in one turn is amazing

Top Bottom