• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
Because Kirby games suck. Last game i played was Kirby Super Star Ultra for obvious reasons(hint hint its related to my main).
Not even RtD? Then again, he got demoted to a Wing/Sword hybrid. Although, RtD Dedede would wreck MKUltra MK anyday. He'd never collect enough souls to keep him from being Dededestroyed.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I thought about getting KSSU

but I still have KSS and a perfectly good SNES so it's like "why bother"

also my thoughts with Majora's Mask 3D, but considering that game runs at a much better framerate than the original I'm still considering it, even after the previous discussions about bleh changes to things like zora swimming, ice arrows, the bomber's notebook, etc.

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Because Kirby games suck. Last game i played was Kirby Super Star Ultra for obvious reasons(hint hint its related to my main).
I have no idea if this is supposed to be a joke about Kirby's Inhale or you're actually legit right now

Not even RtD? Then again, he got demoted to a Wing/Sword hybrid. Although, RtD Dedede would wreck MKUltra MK anyday. He'd never collect enough souls to keep him from being Dededestroyed.
lol Wing/Sword hybrid MK is the most powerful character in RtDL because CDHP cancels for ultimate DPS + insane mobility

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
So, been thinking about picking up Project M because Mario and Samus are tasty in that game. What you guys think?

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
So, been thinking about picking up Project M because Mario and Samus are tasty in that game. What you guys think?
Might as well compete while you can. That game is on life-support and unless something amazing happens it's probably gonna be RIP in pieces soon.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
It's great, but one thing is that it's getting pretty unpopular.
Might as well compete while you can. That game is on life-support and unless something amazing happens it's probably gonna be RIP in pieces soon.
Outside of Nintendo kicking Project M in the teeth, is there a reason behind this? It's still going pretty well in Texas.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
I thought about getting KSSU

but I still have KSS and a perfectly good SNES so it's like "why bother"

also my thoughts with Majora's Mask 3D, but considering that game runs at a much better framerate than the original I'm still considering it, even after the previous discussions about bleh changes to things like zora swimming, ice arrows, the bomber's notebook, etc.
The changes to the Bomber's Notebook are actually not bad. I thought it was gonna be terribad but it's actually pretty good, and it's not a "THEY'RE MAKING THIS EASIER" thing. It actually just pops up and has nice pieces of info about the NPCs which are pretty charming to read. It also has small hints about other possible sidequests which isn't completely bad, really, since now you now where you might find something of interest. The only change I'm disappointed with so far is that they changed up the entire Odolwa fight. It is now more "Zelda," which means it's more didactic.

I kind of understand the changes they've made because from a game design PoV they're better, except for the ice arrows. Odolwa was a messy boss with no real weakpoint and random hit and hurtboxes (which was kinda cool but also made him the most unmemorable boss in the game), and he was relatively tough for being the first boss in the game. You can still beat him in more than one way, however, and that is pretty good for me. The Zora swimming was AWESOME, but it is true that when you were traversing tight places (like all of Great Bay Temple) you'd end up shooting towards walls all the goddamn time. You can still swim beautifully by spending MP so it's not too bad.

A lot of the changes they made are also made with the mentality that the game is now on a portable device. There are save points in quite a lot of places now, but it's understandable because you never know when you're gonna have to get off the bus or subway and maybe your battery is gonna run off before you canget to play again, etc.

They're overall very thoughtful changes, but whether or not we like them is another thing. The ice arrow change was random, but I haven't gotten to GBT yet, so...

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Kirby games are fun but Rainbow Curse just isn't my type of game. My favorite Kirby game yet is RtD
Have you played Rainbow Curse? I was reluctant to get is because I hate Canvas Curse -- it wasn't my type of game, it's one of the worst Kirby spinoff games, and HAL really didn't put anything exciting in. It's basically the Squeak Squad of spinoff titles. I only got Rainbow Curse because clay is cute + I need to have all Kirby games, but oh man it's AMAZING. Everything is just better compared to Canvas Curse. I mean, it isn't that hard to make a game better than Canvas Curse but it's so good.

It's really short, though.

RtDL was cool. ALSO, IT'S DREAM LAND NOT DREAMLAND.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
At least we can all agree Kirby Air Ride was amazing.
Anybody who disagrees will be punished. Where is Air Ride U, though?

Also, pls explain why Canvas Curse was good. I'll replay it if you make valid points ok

Last edited:

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
The only Kirby games I have are Kirby 64 (Virtual Console), Epic Yarn, Return to Dreamland, and Triple Deluxe.
And the only ones I've actually beaten are Return to Dreamland and Triple Deluxe.
I should really finish Kirby 64 and Epic Yarn. The worst part is these two games are only the start of a ton catching up to do with other games I haven't beaten.
Like Metriod Prime 2. And Super Paper Mario. And Pikmin 3. And other games I'm not thinking of at the moment.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Also, pls explain why Canvas Curse was good.
No.

I dunno, it was different but I enjoyed it. A lot of DS games that went heavy on touch screen controls didn't do it well (Phantom Hourglass, I'm looking at you) and in many cases it just felt like a forced gimmick, but it worked well for Canvas Curse. Also I got to play as ball!Dedede, ball!Meta Knight, and ball!Waddle Doo which is very important ok

KSS and Air Ride are really the only Kirby games I found super memorable though.

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Street Fighter 3 > All

1. Street Fighter III New Generation Alex theme (Arranged) 2:11
2. Street Fighter III 3rd Strike Alex & Ken theme (Arcade) 12:34
3. Street Fighter III 2nd Impact Alex theme 7:23
4. Street Fighter III 3rd Strike Alex & Ken theme (Arranged) 15:50
5. Tatsunoko vs Capcom: Cross Generation of Heroes Alex theme 23:14

:yeahboi:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I have a bit of a personal connection with Street Fighter because it was the main game me and my dad used to play together and it was great.

My first one was Street Fighter Alpha 2 and my best character in it were Sakura, Rose and Guy. My dad usually played as Ken, Dan or Charlie. I have tons of great memories of we playing it together.

Also Sakura has my favorite theme and she's forever my favorite in that series

Which reminds me she has a manga of her own and I never bothered to read it, maybe I should do that sometime.

Mericus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mericus
Since idk where the Dynasty Warriors Zelda Edition Thread is...,
I've decided to ask the superior Guide-Social instead :p

So I've decided to finish up Hyrule Warriors since it's pretty easy and try to finally mid-max my characters with 5 Star Weapons + desireable abilities on them, but no clue what each character benefits from / what exactly they do.

Zant's Special Attack+ for instance,
does it only boost the initiation of his zerker mode? or boost his Tornado of Salvation?
I desire MAXIMUM BLENDING POTENTIAL

Does anyone know the modifier value %s on things like " No Healing " / any of the Bonus effects?
Does " Hasty Attacks " stack with ZantNado? ( haven't gotten anything good for him cuz RNG >:s )

Just asking due to the limit of certain Ability types :u

Rizen

Smash Legend
Kirby game talk?
KDL for GB: Fun game and much harder since it didn't have copy abilities.
Kirby for the SNES: interesting pastel style. I like combining a power with helpers for different effects. Some of the 'make a character happy' games were a pain though.
Kirby's Dream Course: This game made me rage as a kid.
K64 the double power combos were awesome. Why isn't mixing powers in more Kirby games?! Why?!!!
K Air Ride: Meh. I couldn't get into the single button thing.
K Nightmare in Dreamland: A faithful GBA kirby adaption that was fun but nothing special.
K Amazing Mirror: I love the interconnected exploration. Newer games are too linear. The multiplayer was shoe horned in though.
K Canvas Curse: Still one of the best touch control games. I loved the art style and difficulty. I opened every medal lock in this game.
K Squeak Squad: Fun but too easy. It lacked the combining powers and exploration mechanics of previous games. Yes I know a few powers can be combined like Fire Sword.
K Superstar Ultra: Very fun. I like the helpers and arena. The Comet Nova was well designed with an unsettling but not scary appearance.
K Epic Yarn: Made for 4 year olds.

Best Kirby villain: Dark Matter/O/O2, it's a mass of pure evil. Have you seen the O fight in the SNES kirby; a children's book like game has a freaky bleeding eyeball that possesses characters as the bad guy :scared:

For future Kirby games: Bring back exploration like in Amazing Mirror and combining powers like Kirby 64! Also make them challenging again.

PS subspace in SSBB was K Amazing Mirror 2.0; I wish SSB4 had an adventure mode like this. SSB fighting controls+ an exploration based platformer was a great idea. Super fun.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
KDL for GB: Fun game and much harder since it didn't have copy abilities.
I really appreciated the difficulty of KDL compared to other games in the series, but honestly copy abilities are much more fun to have. Though Superspicy Curry and Mint Leaves were great in their own way.

Sadly there will never be a challenging Kirby game with copy abilities. If only there were a harder series that still let you use the powers of defeated opponents... :4megaman:

Best Kirby villain: Dark Matter/O/O2, it's a mass of pure evil. Have you seen the O fight in the SNES kirby; a children's book like game has a freaky bleeding eyeball that possesses characters as the bad guy :scared:
Uhh...which game are you calling "the SNES kirby", because the only SNES Kirby I played was KSS and O wasn't in that.

Also Amazing Mirror's exploration was nice. The game wasn't super memorable to me, but Smash/Fighter/Throw/Cupid were fairly fun abilities (KSS' abilities were still better overall though)

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
WHY DOES NOBODY HERE HAVE RAINBOW CURSE
ok my parents will not let me get more games. I said I wanted Xenoblade Chronicles 3D and X and they were like "you just got a bunch of games"
A bunch of games being SSB 3DS and Pokemon Y which I got in October, and SSB Wii U which was November
._.

Kirby games are fun though. I have Epic Yarn, Mass Attack, Dream Land for 3DS Virtual Console, and a weird Chinese ROMhack of Amazing Mirror that doesn't save :<

Also I've played Air Ride and Return to Dream Land. Don't remember Air Ride much though other than City Trial and not knowing what was going on (flying is cool tho)

imo
KAM = RtDL > KEY > KMA > KDL
no Air Ride because I don't remember enough of that game
play Ivysaur and blast people with SolarBeam

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
what the actual ****

Dark Matter/O/O2/every other incarnation have to be the worst boss ever put in Kirby. It's literally DARK MATTER. No background, no story, no personality, no... nothing. It's just a stupid eyeball that goes around making everything dark. It's so uncreative that @Locke 06 must have created it!

real talk Dark Matter is dumb, magolor/queen sectonia/arguably daroach are a billion times better. nightmare is sorta alright but kinda lol and dark mind is basically nightmare + dark matter's baby so ultimate dumb.

Dedede confirmed best Kirby boss?

I really appreciated the difficulty of KDL compared to other games in the series, but honestly copy abilities are much more fun to have. Though Superspicy Curry and Mint Leaves were great in their own way.

Sadly there will never be a challenging Kirby game with copy abilities. If only there were a harder series that still let you use the powers of defeated opponents... :4megaman:

Uhh...which game are you calling "the SNES kirby", because the only SNES Kirby I played was KSS and O wasn't in that.

Also Amazing Mirror's exploration was nice. The game wasn't super memorable to me, but Smash/Fighter/Throw/Cupid were fairly fun abilities (KSS' abilities were still better overall though)
pls no :4megaman:

What would happen if Kirby was a robot and MM took his power? Mega Man with Inhale?

Amazing Mirror Smash/Cupid should come back. KSS' were stupidly removed in place of... Leaf? Water? BELL? I want Jet back, pls.

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
For future Kirby games: Bring back exploration like in Amazing Mirror and combining powers like Kirby 64! Also make them challenging again.
Kirby was never designed to be challenging. It was designed to be a game for younger children although I will admit it was put to a sickening degree in kirby epic yawn
PS subspace in SSBB was K Amazing Mirror 2.0
K

Rizen

Smash Legend

Sorry I couldn't remember the name. It was Kirby's Dreamland 3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv51J2bZOV8
1:45:30 O fight.

Top Bottom