• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I actually have an extra 3ds code if you want it.
It might not work though since its from NA.
Considering I had to make a fake US account just to be able to join Club Nintendo at all, I don't think it matters =V

Though if I registered that 3DS, wouldn't I ended up getting Mewtwo for that 3DS instead of mine?

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
BuT, then did yew show them the Fsmash whiff to Elevator tech chase (Or simply just grounded opponent interception.) useable exclusively against ZSS that KOs earlier than Fsmash? :^) you probs would've completely exploded all of their minds at the cost of forever cementing their opinion that Zelda doesn't suck... :awesome:
DID YOU INSTALL A HIDDEN CAMERA ON ME BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT EXACTLY I DID AFTERWARDS--

Also, because I'm pretty much the best player in that friend group, it's hard to convince them that Zelda is the worst character in the game. :secretkpop:

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
Considering I had to make a fake US account just to be able to join Club Nintendo at all, I don't think it matters =V

Though if I registered that 3DS, wouldn't I ended up getting Mewtwo for that 3DS instead of mine?
You mean you got a digital copy?
I have one of those paper things with the code on it.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215

Nah you receive download codes for moo2
That you can use on any system
Like demo codes

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
DID YOU INSTALL A HIDDEN CAMERA ON ME BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT EXACTLY I DID AFTERWARDS--

Also, because I'm pretty much the best player in that friend group, it's hard to convince them that Zelda is the worst character in the game. :secretkpop:
Welp.

In other news, I just used that little Fsmash shpeal as a good reason for someone looking to play part-time smash 4 to use ZSS. :secretkpop: (Them using Zelda unfortunately seemed out of the question, since they play ha in PM, and they mentioned interest in ZSS.)

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
@Macchiato you should try Wario :D
He's really fun :3
Requires lotsa effort in return for lotsa satisfaction and reward.
Idunno though, this is probably the last time I'll tell you to try anudda character since you always shoot my ideas down and then try someone else.
S**t's getting old

:3

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Can someone list a few characters that have an even or favourable MU against :4zss:? I've discussed with a few people in my region but IDK.

:4sonic:: GOTTA GO FEST (no)
:4pikachu:: HOW USE CHARACTER
:4diddy:: LOL NO
:4zss:: DITTTOOOOOSSSSSS
:4gaw::4kirby::4jigglypuff:: Lol crouching, but I'm terribad with these characters
:4morton:: Someone says BJr is even with ZSS but I don't really see it. I did use him a lot before but he didn't exactly click.

Who else can do the job? :4wiifit:?

warionumbah2

Smash Master
I appreciate zero uploading that MK video but the comments are cancer, so much fallacies and comparisons to brawl. One guy basically called him low tier because he requires so much effort

Same **** happened ln jtails video the 1st one he was literally hating on MK and the 2nd although better didn't change the ludicrous comments ln MK and his viability. Outside of character boards and competitive side of sm4sh ln smashboards the rest of the community thinks he's doodoo.

Such a shame.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Can someone list a few characters that have an even or favourable MU against :4zss:? I've discussed with a few people in my region but IDK.
Imo.

Advantage: :4diddy::4sheik::4sonic::4pikachu::4megaman::4metaknight::4yoshi::4villager:
Even: :rosalina::4fox::4luigi::4mario::4pit::4darkpit:

ZSS actually has a pretty "meh" neutral game. You just have to respect her spacing.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Persona Q was easily broken through status effects (mainly Panic) which caused victims to not dodge, defend, or use magic. You get an AoE spell of this at level 7 and you get the skill to enhance it's accuracy at level 13. This makes stacking DEF down and ATK Up effects and then using "low accuracy" multihit attacks absurd. Once I learned about this, I was able to kill everything in the game with no threat to my party whatsoever, including FoEs that I would meet for the first time.

Every random encounter was easily dispatched by Hama/Mudo spells as well, since in the persona series they were low accuracy instant death spells. However every mook in the game were weak to them so they got enhanced accuracy. Otherwise, offensive magic was terrible.

From your personal experience, which EO would you recommend playing first? I kinda want to play the whole series, and I don't mind going retro either.

It's for the best. You need a special kind of love to enjoy Samus.

Better than Zelda though.
Oh, I see lol. Yeah I don't think even the first two EO games give you anything that dumb, and even when they do hand you something stupid there's still usually tradeoffs - for example, there's one really powerful debuff in EO2 that makes a single target weak to every physical and magical element. A certain boss' AI is coded specifically to react to that debuff with a 25000 HP + status restore healing spell, full healing him if you even think of trying it.

If you're willing to play retro, I'd recommend starting with 1 or 2...but I'm going to preface that by saying I've only played EOU (the remake of 1), not EO1 itself, because my group told me I wouldn't be missing much by skipping it. 2's my personal favorite, but I get the feeling you might like 3 more. If you're interested in playing all the games though, it's hard to go back to older entries after playing newer (read: EO3 forward) ones because of little quality of life tweaks like being able to strafe with L/R and having subclassing to pad issues in poor party comps.

Talking about EO is making me want to switch to an EO avatar but @RaccoonBL is making me want to join in on the Rosalina avatars, hnnnng

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I appreciate zero uploading that MK video but the comments are cancer, so much fallacies and comparisons to brawl. One guy basically called him low tier because he requires so much effort

Same **** happened ln jtails video the 1st one he was literally hating on MK and the 2nd although better didn't change the ludicrous comments ln MK and his viability. Outside of character boards and competitive side of sm4sh ln smashboards the rest of the community thinks he's doodoo.

Such a shame.
Greninja gets a similar but not as bad treatment after his nerfs.

I feel you bro.

Last edited:

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky

:4sonic:: GOTTA GO FEST (no)
:4pikachu:: HOW USE CHARACTER
:4diddy:: LOL NO
:4zss:: DITTTOOOOOSSSSSS
:4gaw::4kirby::4jigglypuff:: Lol crouching, but I'm terribad with these characters
:4morton:: Someone says BJr is even with ZSS but I don't really see it. I did use him a lot before but he didn't exactly click.

Who else can do the job? :4wiifit:?
Use Peach!

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes

Such a shame.
Oi. Lots of people still think Palutena is bottom-tier... with customs on. Your pain/frustration is felt.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Use Peach!
As much as I would like to be a double princess main, :4peach:is a little bit too technical for me. Can't seem to get into the groove of using her.
.... Oh yeah, I almost forgot that :4lucina:is also a princess BUT NO DAMN WAY I'M USING HER

Imo.

Advantage: :4diddy::4sheik::4sonic::4pikachu::4megaman::4metaknight::4yoshi::4villager:
Even: :rosalina::4fox::4luigi::4mario::4pit::4darkpit:

ZSS actually has a pretty "meh" neutral game. You just have to respect her spacing.
:4zss:'s neutral is pretty awful actually haha, but against Zelda she doesn't have to worry too much about that weakness, which is why the MU is so hard IMO. Definitely will consider picking up :4metaknight:or :4pit: if all hope is lost and I really need something. They seem like good choices, but I'll need @ warionumbah2 warionumbah2 to teach me MK. :^)

Thanks gorls~

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
On the topic on Zero Skill Spamus...

I am so done with this character.

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
Honestly, I don't think Paluntena's bottom tier even with customs off. She's probably low tier though.
I don't either. Her placement on Japan's tier-list is pretty accurate, IMO.

I can at least somewhat understand why people think default Palutena is that low, but... custom Palutena? Bottom-tier? That doesn't make any sense!

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Talking about EO is making me want to switch to an EO avatar but @RaccoonBL is making me want to join in on the Rosalina avatars, hnnnng
If you want, you can this avi back. I plan on switching to another Rosie avi once I'm done photoshopping it.

I'll start with EOU, then start from 2 onwards.

Still gotta beat Valkyria Chronicles 3 though (sooo loooooong)

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Guys, Paper Mario: Sticker Star or The Wonderful 101? I got all these Club Nintendo coins and I figured I'd expend them on one of them.

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
Guys, Paper Mario: Sticker Star or The Wonderful 101? I got all these Club Nintendo coins and I figured I'd expend them on one of them.
I'm one of those odd human beings that actually enjoyed Sticker Star and yet I still recommend TW101 over it. I don't even own TW101, either.

Latte

Smash Ace
I got a mocha, then proceeded to spill it all over my blanket before I could take even one sip

I think I need to go to therapy after that trauma

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I mean if you want a good sound track SS at least has that going for it, but haven't played W101 so I couldn't tell you anything about it

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
the music is the only thing I've ever heard anyone compliment about SS

for good reason though

idk anything about W101 but I haven't heard anything bad about it

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Cid is the only character I like from all of FFVII XD, so yeah, I totally agree that his design is cool.

I like Tifa's design in AC a lot, though!

You can't possibly remember what it is because it's one of my characters which I drew myself :p

Actually, if anyone who's played with me ever wondered who the **** my Mii Brawler is, well... there's the answer XD. I just wish there was an option to give Miis eye patches :(. Also, the pirate outfit is Swordfighter only U_U

Edit: As for teaching you how to art. I can always give you advice! Do you draw? I was the artist mentor/art director in my previous job, so I'm pretty good at giving pointers and constructive critique.
I'd rather take art advice from Aerodrome. Have you seen his Robin? It is life.

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
What an interesting Zelda Social Thread... came from page 734 to current. That was a nice time waster. I have a better understanding about a certain discussion and new respect for player opinions. Well, I have a career fair to prepare for, so I will not stink up this thread with my presence.

Thanks for the read and enjoy your Social thread.

Also, get The Wonderful 101. This game is amazing. I HIGHLY ADVISE to play on EASY so that you understand the controls first (you can switch the difficulty anytime you want). Play the first stage for about 20-30minutes before moving on. You need to buy your dodge and block move after the intro stage (most player miss this).

ChipCheezum has informative Let Plays on W101 and the basic understanding what is the game about. This is just from the Demo alone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRdRo5MxaJY

Saur goes over Fundamentals and Advanced Techniques, but I advise you to watch it after you beat chapter 3 or 4 because small spoilers here and there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdHbPXNJvVE&list=PLrwWQGfD4d7H_r3hkL6xsJRbQK_R5Du0y

Okay. I am done and out.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
What an interesting Zelda Social Thread... came from page 734 to current. That was a nice time waster. I have a better understanding about a certain discussion and new respect for player opinions. Well, I have a career fair to prepare for, so I will not stink up this thread with my presence.

Thanks for the read and enjoy your Social thread.

Also, get The Wonderful 101. This game is amazing. I HIGHLY ADVISE to play on EASY so that you understand the controls first (you can switch the difficulty anytime you want). Play the first stage for about 20-30minutes before moving on. You need to buy your dodge and block move after the intro stage (most player miss this).

ChipCheezum has informative Let Plays on W101 and the basic understanding what is the game about. This is just from the Demo alone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRdRo5MxaJY

Saur goes over Fundamentals and Advanced Techniques, but I advise you to watch it after you beat chapter 3 or 4 because small spoilers here and there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdHbPXNJvVE&list=PLrwWQGfD4d7H_r3hkL6xsJRbQK_R5Du0y

Okay. I am done and out.
Quite a soldier for reading through 40 pages. P:

Btw, welcome to the Zelda social! Feel free to drop by and converse with us whenever!

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
The Wonderful 101 it is then.

Since I have 410 spare coins I'll take the opportunity and get Yoshi Island and the 64 Paper Mario game as well.

Actually I didn't notice it before but Paper Mario is only for the Wii...

Last edited:

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
So today at school, a friend told me that one of his friends just got braces, so he told me to call him braceface. So I did at lunch, and then I did this
all the way back to my table, at the other end of the cafeteria. The sass is real today.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Lavani

no
I thought my phone wasn't loading because this was at the top of a page and there were too many returns

I think I reloaded the page like three times

berserker why

Edit: the page breaks when I try to edit lol

Too many returns

Last edited:
Top Bottom