• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
@Ffamran I played a decent Flaco on 3DS FG just now. I say decent because he wasn't very agressive and didn't use BAir much, but he made it count when it did. Mainly he was just good at reading my movements (and spotdodging my grabs :mad:). I was using Palutena though and I'm not great with her.

@ Lavani Lavani darling would you be so kind as to gifify another one of my matches? This one's a Judge string: 8 to 8 to 9. I was thinking as it was happening, "oh man I hope I get a 9 off of this." It was so hype. For me, anyway. Not really sure what runs through my opponent's heads as that happens. I wish we could send Wii U replays, I really want this one where I give the middle finger to Bouncing Fish with USmash memorialized.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I was thinking as it was happening, "oh man I hope I get a 9 off of this." It was so hype. For me, anyway. Not really sure what runs through my opponent's heads as that happens.
"Welp, I'm done."

I could, if you don't mind it being cell phone quality :V My camera died, so...

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Never played it. @ Fernosaur Fernosaur , FFVII: AC's Cid's design was so simple and so badass.

And Cidney's eye candy. :love:

:p
Cid is the only character I like from all of FFVII XD, so yeah, I totally agree that his design is cool.

I like Tifa's design in AC a lot, though!

Arrrrrgh teach me how to art @ Fernosaur Fernosaur

Also your avatar is rad but I can't remember what it is D:
You can't possibly remember what it is because it's one of my characters which I drew myself :p

Actually, if anyone who's played with me ever wondered who the **** my Mii Brawler is, well... there's the answer XD. I just wish there was an option to give Miis eye patches :(. Also, the pirate outfit is Swordfighter only U_U

Edit: As for teaching you how to art. I can always give you advice! Do you draw? I was the artist mentor/art director in my previous job, so I'm pretty good at giving pointers and constructive critique.

Last edited:
Why the F did I only realize this now? It turns out you can actually switch the soundtrack for Bravely Second. Basically, this means you can play "That Person's Name is" in those asterisk battles instead of the new one Bravely Second has

Hell ****ing yes

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
I started raging cause they ALWAYS GOT ME. I must have tried 20 times now. I felt like pulling my hair out in frustration, but my hair's too nice so I didn't. /shot
Don't wind more than a quarter at a time? Noted.... Oh, and yeah, sis made an inappropriate comment while I was playing.
Wait, what's there waiting for me... inb4 more bad jokes...

..........We don't speak of that. We don't bring it up. We don't do ANYTHING if it's related to that, ok? I'd just forgotten about it, too. Thanks a lot. .___.
Each time I played, I happened to be playing with someone else, so after a couple of deaths (and my first death minigame!!) I stopped so we could do something else, so as to not create boredom. They suck though, rude animatronics. And yeah, if you stay winding it, they're more likely to pull your camera. Can't wait to hear Sis's comment though, she makes the best ones.
huuu hu hu.. you'll see.

.... You're welcome. B)

but no, it won't be brought up again. that kind of thing just.. doesn't get to see the light of day anymore. never again.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Why the F did I only realize this now? It turns out you can actually switch the soundtrack for Bravely Second. Basically, this means you can play "That Person's Name is" in those asterisk battles instead of the new one Bravely Second has

Hell ****ing yes
I guess
it took you more than a Second to notice
because it wasn't the Default

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
To the grand total of like 2 or 3 people here atm, how are all of you doing today? :colorful:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767

Hell ****ing yes
Oh, thats amazing! Can't wait to do that then. <3

Also, I has new adorable avi. :happysheep:

Oh, thats amazing! Can't wait to do that then. <3

Also, I has new adorable avi. :happysheep:
HeroMystic's avatar is better imo but still, really cute avy <3

I'm sort of a regular in the Rosalina social now. I'll always remember that thread for 3 posts:
Lol Elsa mains
We should all just drop this character and switch to someone objectively better like Zelda and Palutena
Back in Super Mario Galaxy 2, I forgot Rosalina existed even after 100%'ing the game

Hmmm.... I wonder why. Oh

Must be because she's irrelevant

Last edited:

Mericus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mericus
I notice some horror / " horror " talk :u

tbh, atmosphere horror > dumb jump scares any day
Cheap jump " scares " with loud noises are just someone saying " BOO ! "
A.K.A :

These are clips from The Thing ( original 1982 ) and NOT the new one.
WARNING ! THESE SCENES REQUIRE A STRONG STOMACH !
WATCH @ YOUR OWN RISK.

No sucker punching , no random loud noises, no sudden jumps in the dark,
just outright disturbing vibes. My favorite Horror movie.

IMO,
movie makers ( and game developers ) forgot what Horror is :(

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
O-oh...

I heard things along those lines about PQ but never played it myself, so I'm not entirely sure to what extent it was broken or how it would compare to EO; there tend to be some abusive things in EO games too, generally the more recent the game is the more balanced and "user friendly" it is, but also the easier it is in general. I think Untold's been the exception so far; playing that in Story mode on Expert difficulty, I don't feel like the game's handed me any gamebreaking tools 2/3 the way through it and at the same time the difficulty's been reminiscent of the older games (which, considering it's a remake of EO1, is fitting). I haven't been enjoying it anywhere near as much as EO2 or EO3 though, which easily rank among my favorite games of all time...possibly because I opted to try Story mode, the characters are all really uninteresting imo.

If you enjoyed PQ I'd definitely recommend EO. 3 (and from what I'm told, 4) probably have the most mass appeal/"best" game design, 2 sticks out as my personal favorite though - even running party comps meant to break the game, plenty of stuff can give you hell, and it takes some unique measures the other games don't (for example, FOEs on top of being stronger than EO3's give no experience, treating them as a threatening obstacle rather than an exp farming resource).

Sorry if that got kind of rambly, I just really really love this series lol
Persona Q was easily broken through status effects (mainly Panic) which caused victims to not dodge, defend, or use magic. You get an AoE spell of this at level 7 and you get the skill to enhance it's accuracy at level 13. This makes stacking DEF down and ATK Up effects and then using "low accuracy" multihit attacks absurd. Once I learned about this, I was able to kill everything in the game with no threat to my party whatsoever, including FoEs that I would meet for the first time.

Every random encounter was easily dispatched by Hama/Mudo spells as well, since in the persona series they were low accuracy instant death spells. However every mook in the game were weak to them so they got enhanced accuracy. Otherwise, offensive magic was terrible.

From your personal experience, which EO would you recommend playing first? I kinda want to play the whole series, and I don't mind going retro either.

She was fun, then she wasnt
It's for the best. You need a special kind of love to enjoy Samus.

Better than Zelda though.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
It's for the best. You need a special kind of love to enjoy Samus.

Better than Zelda though.
Funny enough, I've been using Samus with her suit on for once, and I find her quite fun to use. Not good with her yet, but her hoo hah shenanigans are pretty fun. :p

Can't secondary though her because she's too good. If they are not a permanent resider of the basement I can't main 'em. :4zelda: :^)

To be fair, 100% of my f-smashes with Zelda fully connect anyway.

To be fair again, I make it a point to never use Zelda against Zero Suit Samus WHO I've been trying out recently

I'm also trying to do that u-throw>d-air>f-air stuff with Mario. I think I have to use buster u-throw with Shulk more. I can potentially make some nifty reads with that u-throw easily

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
To be fair, 100% of my f-smashes with Zelda fully connect anyway.

To be fair again, I make it a point to never use Zelda against Zero Suit Samus WHO I've been trying out recently
You reminded me that yesterday I was showing my friends in training mode why Zelda's Fsmash sucks with a ZSS dummy.

It NEVER fully connected in 30 tries. My friends were mind boggled.

After fighting one of the better players in my region who happened to feel like using ZSS that day, I swore to myself to never send out my waifu against that murdering beast ever again to prevent her from getting absolutely massacred. :'(

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
So I'm trying to register my 3DS and Wii U on Club Nintendo so I can get Mewtwo for free, but for some unknown reason they're not accepting my 3DS's serial number and that's driving me crazy.

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
So I'm trying to register my 3DS and Wii U on Club Nintendo so I can get Mewtwo for free, but for some unknown reason they're not accepting my 3DS's serial number and that's driving me crazy.
I actually have an extra 3ds code if you want it.
It might not work though since its from NA.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
You reminded me that yesterday I was showing my friends in training mode why Zelda's Fsmash sucks with a ZSS dummy.

It NEVER fully connected in 30 tries. My friends were mind boggled.
BuT, then did yew show them the Fsmash whiff to Elevator tech chase (Or simply just grounded opponent interception.) useable exclusively against ZSS that KOs earlier than Fsmash? :^) you probs would've completely exploded all of their minds at the cost of forever cementing their opinion that Zelda doesn't suck... :awesome:

Top Bottom