• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I'm going on the bandwagon and delegating Zelda mainly to doubles. She feels legit good with a partner.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Zelda is fine when she has someone/others to cover her weaknesses.

We run a 4vs4 team here with Zelda support, Ness stock tank, Megaman disruptor and Little Mac frontline and it works GREAT.

Rion

Smash Journeyman
God, just saw a video on Sheik on the mainpage.

It's disgusting how much tech she gets.

If onlyyy Zelda. If only.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I wish I got to see more doubles tournaments honestly, just cause I feel like I might see a wider character selection. Also Din's feels like it isn't the worst thing in the game when playing doubles specially when you can sweetspot someone being grabbed

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I wish I got to see more doubles tournaments honestly, just cause I feel like I might see a wider character selection. Also Din's feels like it isn't the worst thing in the game when playing doubles specially when you can sweetspot someone being grabbed
its mainly cuz there's so much happening people get HIT by the move (shocker, I know)

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I'm on the verge of just switching characters whenever I run into a Shulk player on For Glory. I'm really not sure what to do against this guy as Zelda.

Xys

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1435-5012-4542
Hmmm if Zelda was a pokemon Hilda would be the shiny....Just a shower thought. Do you guys know where i should go. I wanna request a Signature of Hilda with a shiny Gardevoir. I feel like they are right for each other.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Hmmm if Zelda was a pokemon Hilda would be the shiny....Just a shower thought. Do you guys know where i should go. I wanna request a Signature of Hilda with a shiny Gardevoir. I feel like they are right for each other.
go to MS paint duh

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
I'm on the verge of just switching characters whenever I run into a Shulk player on For Glory. I'm really not sure what to do against this guy as Zelda.
if he's fairing alot try to disrupt his spacing with walking shield, if he's in speed mode don't block and just hit him to prevent grab shenanigans', punish smash abuse, run awayw from nair

Shulk is frustrating because he has a ton of reach and property changes. But I'm sure Zelda can hold it up because Shulk is only ******** in Trela's vids lol

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
I would use Zelda for doubles but I'm much better with Ganon there (& have a lot more fun as qell) :/

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
God, just saw a video on Sheik on the mainpage.

It's disgusting how much tech she gets.

If onlyyy Zelda. If only.
I saw it too... it kinda kills you inside, doesn't it? Well at least we know our other half is in good shape.

*Edit*

So I was playing with my friend the other day, he had a pronunciation hiccup and complained about "Ferrari's Wind" when I killed him at like 80. I almost choked from laughter.

FERRARI'S WIND

now someone just needs to photoshop Zelda driving a Ferrari

Last edited:

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
I love it when people ragequit against Zelda... But I mean, they're kinda dumb to charge their forward smash in front of her (Megaman).

Edit : If only Zelda's performance mirrored that of a Ferrarri... :-(

Last edited:

Hm.... Yep. I think this character.... Eh, I don't know. I don't want to say she sucks but... her moveset. It's so... WIP quality

She's not the worst character in the game. That's something I'm sure of

Last edited:
Go ahead and say she sucks, we've heard it enough we won't be bothered. :upsidedown:
I think I'm fine with calling her moveset WIP. She's an unfinished product so she's excused from any sort of panning (Coincidentally, I just got reminded about Sonic 06 when I posted this)

Alright, she sucks

What's so bad about swordfighter?

I don't think I've ever played as him
- Range is not impressive for a sword character
- Poor ground attacks in general because they're all laggy
- All his recovery customs are pretty mediocre in general
- Trouble landing the KO. Too much reliance on edgeguarding to actually kill (D-air gimping)
- Mobility feels (This isn't a fact) lacking. It's average at best
- Most of the attacks aren't safe at all

Just my opinion. I did not have that much time with Swordfighter because I was turned off pretty quickly

Last edited:

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
swordfighter can jab cancel and depending on weight you can either have more power/reach or speed/combos. He's below average for a sword user but still better than Zelda. WIP or not Zelda is still worse than swordfighter I feel.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
if he's fairing alot try to disrupt his spacing with walking shield, if he's in speed mode don't block and just hit him to prevent grab shenanigans', punish smash abuse, run awayw from nair

Shulk is frustrating because he has a ton of reach and property changes. But I'm sure Zelda can hold it up because Shulk is only ******** in Trela's vids lol
They mostly do short hop nairs which makes it hard to get close enough to punish him. Admittedly, I do get a bit shield happy when they switch to speed mode. Maybe I just need to practice against more Shulks.

Last edited:

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Sure, I'll play. NNID is Alphatron.

I should probably stop being lazy and just finish my profile.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Swordfighter is a safe bet for worst character: most moves have hitboxes lasting for too short amount of time and/or are overall laggy and easily punishable, can not juggle, can not escape juggles safely, recovery is unsafe, and other than Nair and Bair has like zero approach options.
At least Chakram and Tornado are nice moves.

I mean ,it's not hopeless, but it sure is by far worse than anyone else in this game.

That being said, there are a couple bad characters competing for the title of rock bottom, but all of them have few redeemable qualities, unlike Brawl's Hyrule Tier....

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
So there are some frames of vulnerability when snapping to the ledge.

Ledge snapping FW is a less great recovery now =(

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
can't let you have that ledge snap. One time a Bowser figured that put and just fire breathed the ledge on me because it was was easy harassment, I wanted a restraining order against him :v

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Good games. You're hella good but would have been cool if you approached... Legit regardless though.

Passed the baton over for now.

Top Bottom