• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I was playing FG, and I cast a phantom while standing near an edge, and the target (bowser) shielded it, and used Fsmash. When he hit the Phantom though, there was a long enough freeze frame (hit-lag period.) to allow me to roll to the edge and JUST get out of his Fsmash's range in time.

I also had one FW elevator KO EVERY. BATTLE. I WON.

Edit : Oh lawd that title! <.<

Last edited:

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Treacherous. Ridiculous. Mendacious. In case you can't tell, I'm making a direct reference to Princess Zelda. The key point of the following exposition is that Zelda's deeds will have consequences—very serious consequences. We ought to begin doing something about that. We ought to make an impartial and well-informed evaluation of the advantages and disadvantages of Zelda's plaints. We ought to spread the word that she wants to cast a chill over free speech and inquiry and the spirit of democracy. Why she wants that, I don't know, but that's what she wants.

Zelda thinks that a richly evocative description of a problem automatically implies the correct solution to that problem. However, she has created for herself premier victim status. Zelda uses this status to shield herself from scrutiny whenever she's caught achieving total world domination. Zelda's victim status also means that Zelda's enemies have to be cautious when suggesting that she is indeed up to something. I don't know exactly what, but Zelda has been digging a grave in which to bury liberty and freedom. It's time to even the score. I suggest that we begin by notifying people of the fact that Zelda believes that the moon is made of green cheese. Unfortunately, as long as she believes such absurdities, she will continue to commit atrocities.

Have you ever had a bad dream about Zelda trying to change children's values from those taught in the home to those considered chic by insidious lumpenproletariats? Well, I have news for you. That wasn't a dream; it was real.

Have you ever sat and listened to Zelda talk about how we have too much freedom? If so, you should be congratulated for successfully enduring the brainless nonsense dribbling from her mouth. I would much rather hear someone talk about how there's only one true drama queen around here, and Zelda is the one wearing the crown. I won't pull any punches here: She should stop bombarding us with her politically incorrect glaikery. In this context, the opposite of political incorrectness is not political correctness but rather an objective quest for knowledge. As we all know, most horny humanity-haters lack any knowledge about how Zelda's calumnies are a zero-sum game. That is, what helps Zelda and her brotherhood of bitter fanatics inevitably harms us. What benefits us must hurt them. The logical conclusion to draw is that Zelda keeps saying that she has the mandate of Heaven to eviscerate every bit of social progress of the past century. I suggest taking such statements with a grain of salt because she presents herself as a disinterested classicist lamenting the infusion of politically motivated methods of pedagogy and analysis into higher education. Zelda is eloquent in her denunciation of modern scholarship, claiming it favors stubborn exhibitionists. And here we have the ultimate irony because there is every indication that my task—our task—is to raise Zelda's associates from the dark depths of prejudice and tribalism to the majestic heights of understanding and brotherhood. That should serve as the final, ultimate, irrefutable proof that many people who follow her lectures have come to the erroneous conclusion that she serves as wisdom to the mighty and succor to the brave. The stark truth of the matter is that I once overheard Zelda say something quite astonishing. Are you strapped in? Zelda said that all any child needs is a big dose of television every day. Can you believe that? At least her statement made me realize that her victims have been speaking out for years. Unfortunately, their voices have long been silenced by the roar and thunder of Zelda's plenipotentiaries, who loudly proclaim that we have no reason to be fearful about the criminally violent trends in our society today and over the past ten to fifteen years. Regardless of those hopeless proclamations, the truth is that she doesn't want us to deliver new information about her moonstruck personal attacks. She wants us to behave like sheep, not showing any inclination to saunter off in a direction other than that in which the shepherdess (Zelda) wants us to go. Zelda intends to keep us sheep blissfully ignorant of the fact that I really dislike her. Likes or dislikes, however, are irrelevant to observed facts, such as that Zelda's opuscula were never about tolerance and equality. That was just window dressing for the “innocents”. Rather, after hearing about Zelda's neurotic attempts to use paid informants and provocateurs to rule with an iron fist, I was saddened. I was saddened that she has lowered herself to this level.

I appreciate feedback and other people's views on subjects. I don't, however, appreciate feedback when it's given in an unprofessional manner. Exclusionism is in Zelda's DNA. Zelda and her overbearing, fastuous pickthanks must cachinnate about this in private, knowing that Zelda is the type of person that turns up her nose at people like you and me. I guess that's because we haven't the faintest notion about the things that really matter such as why it would be good for her to confuse the catastrophic power of state fascism with the repression of an authoritarian government in our minds.

Every concert that Zelda attends rapidly degenerates into a free-for-all of slam dancing and scattered fistfights. I'll stand by that controversial statement and even assume that most readers who bring their own real-life experience will agree with it. At a bare minimum, there is no excuse for the innumerable errors of fact, the slovenly and philistine artistic judgments, the historical ineptitude, the internal contradictions, and the various half-truths, untruths, and gussied-up truths that litter every one of Zelda's essays from the first word to the last.

I myself love hearing the claims of a nutty spiv who doesn't realize that she's a nutty spiv. As a case in point, consider Zelda's claim that cynicism is the catholicon for all the world's ills. Such claims always make me laugh because, as we all know, a former member of Zelda's den of thieves has called Zelda an illogical weasel. I admire this person's courage, but I disagree with his use of the term “illogical weasel”. It's not solely because Zelda is an illogical weasel that she has been defusing or undermining incisive critiques of her stuporous behavior by turning them into procedural arguments about mechanisms of institutional restraint. Rather, she's been doing this because she likes to replace the search for truth with a situationist relativism based on carnaptious faddism. Such activity can flourish only in the dark, however. If you drag it into the open, Zelda and her comrades will run for cover like cockroaches in a dirty kitchen when the light is turned on suddenly during the night. That's why we must ensure that the values for which we have labored and for which many of us have fought and sacrificed will continue in ascendancy.

Zelda fails to see anything wrong with seizing control over where we eat, sleep, socialize, and associate with others. This bespeaks an investment of complex psychic import. That's why it helps to remember that Zelda avers that she opposes rebarbative insurrectionists who intensify or perpetuate totalitarianism. That's nothing more than ear candy. It's designed to gently stroke listeners, to get them to purr like kittens. The reality is that the problem with Zelda is not that she's uncompromising. It's that she wants to squander irreplaceable national treasures. Strange, isn't it, how the most illiberal palterers you'll ever see are always the first to trample over the very freedoms and rights that Zelda claims to support?

The point is that if everyone spent just five minutes a day thinking about ways to commit to practices that build community and eliminate behaviors that work against what we are dedicated to building, we'd all be a lot better off. Is five minutes a day too much to ask for the promise of a better tomorrow? I hope not, but then again, Zelda's witless ****-and-bull stories exploit the feelings of charity and guilt that many people have over the plight of the homeless. News of this deviousness must spread like wildfire if we are ever to cast an unfamiliar ray of sunshine over the ungrateful landscape of her biases. Zelda is not just featherbrained but proud of it. I won't dwell on that except to direct your attention to the misinformed manner in which she has been trying to develop mind-control technology. What can I do to prove to you that her beliefs (as I would certainly not call them logically reasoned arguments) do not pass muster by any objective standards? Show you evidence that Zelda is the most malign, snappish undesirable in the annals of Man? While that would undeniably help, she intends to create a new social class. Lackadaisical, fractious psychopaths, headlong, footling segregationists, and cullionly, disloyal madwomen will be given aristocratic status. The rest of us will be forced into serving as their servitors.

Zelda says that she needs a little more time to clean up her act. As far as I'm concerned, Zelda's time has run out. Here's a thought experiment for those of you who still think that there won't be any blowback from her treating anyone who doesn't agree with her to a torrent of vitriol and vilification: Imagine that a supernatural being came to you and, by way of a meandering Platonic dialogue, tried to convince you that might makes right. You'd astonishedly blurt out, “But Zelda provides simplistic answers to complex problems.” And that's the key point: We have much to fear from her. Personally, I'm afraid that sooner than you think, she'll impale us on a Morton's Fork: Either we let her foster debauchery, or she'll unleash an unparalleled wave of academicism. Regardless of which we choose, Zelda's self-aggrandizing campaigns of malice and malignity have created a class of dependent supplicants and special interests. Sadly, providing for their needs and wants is leading us towards economic sclerosis. All we can do now is wage war on escapism. Does anybody else feel the way I do, or am I alone in my disgust with Princess Zelda?
Lol, this was awesome to read. I kept thinking it was a critic of Zelda and that, at the end, you would explicit its meaning. XD But it was somethying generated randomly ?

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Since footstool is untechable, this could actually work in a few places. But again, situational.

That was a FW straight down, but it went wonky at the end, and I SD'd lol.
We can maybe try to footstool those who love short hop aerials but are laggy (ie Shulk's Nair). Something situationally possible, but rare.
It's not your fault that it went wonky; when you're in the air and you up b down, it will teleport down and slightly to the left or right, depending on which direction you're facing. That being said, I probably wouldn't risk this near the edge xD

Speaking of FW, I'm actually having a hard time using this effectively out of shield. What ends up happening is that I seem to miss my opponent right after my shield, and then when I end up going up in the air... yeah. I'm just doing it wrong.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Speaking of FW, I'm actually having a hard time using this effectively out of shield. What ends up happening is that I seem to miss my opponent right after my shield, and then when I end up going up in the air... yeah. I'm just doing it wrong.
It's really all about reaction. But some moves are NOT punishable from OoS FW, like auto-cancel FW. Too many times I tried to punish an aerial thinking ending lag will result, but they just shield it immediately, and I'm right in the air, helpless. -w-

We probably do actually have to investigate the whole cast's frame data and see what moves we can punish with OoS FW. At this rate, we WILL know every other character better than the mains of that character themselves. XD

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
Treacherous. Ridiculous. Mendacious. In case you can't tell, I'm making a direct reference to Princess Zelda. The key point of the following exposition is that Zelda's deeds will have consequences—very serious consequences. We ought to begin doing something about that. We ought to make an impartial and well-informed evaluation of the advantages and disadvantages of Zelda's plaints. We ought to spread the word that she wants to cast a chill over free speech and inquiry and the spirit of democracy. Why she wants that, I don't know, but that's what she wants.

Zelda thinks that a richly evocative description of a problem automatically implies the correct solution to that problem. However, she has created for herself premier victim status. Zelda uses this status to shield herself from scrutiny whenever she's caught achieving total world domination. Zelda's victim status also means that Zelda's enemies have to be cautious when suggesting that she is indeed up to something. I don't know exactly what, but Zelda has been digging a grave in which to bury liberty and freedom. It's time to even the score. I suggest that we begin by notifying people of the fact that Zelda believes that the moon is made of green cheese. Unfortunately, as long as she believes such absurdities, she will continue to commit atrocities.

Have you ever had a bad dream about Zelda trying to change children's values from those taught in the home to those considered chic by insidious lumpenproletariats? Well, I have news for you. That wasn't a dream; it was real.

Have you ever sat and listened to Zelda talk about how we have too much freedom? If so, you should be congratulated for successfully enduring the brainless nonsense dribbling from her mouth. I would much rather hear someone talk about how there's only one true drama queen around here, and Zelda is the one wearing the crown. I won't pull any punches here: She should stop bombarding us with her politically incorrect glaikery. In this context, the opposite of political incorrectness is not political correctness but rather an objective quest for knowledge. As we all know, most horny humanity-haters lack any knowledge about how Zelda's calumnies are a zero-sum game. That is, what helps Zelda and her brotherhood of bitter fanatics inevitably harms us. What benefits us must hurt them. The logical conclusion to draw is that Zelda keeps saying that she has the mandate of Heaven to eviscerate every bit of social progress of the past century. I suggest taking such statements with a grain of salt because she presents herself as a disinterested classicist lamenting the infusion of politically motivated methods of pedagogy and analysis into higher education. Zelda is eloquent in her denunciation of modern scholarship, claiming it favors stubborn exhibitionists. And here we have the ultimate irony because there is every indication that my task—our task—is to raise Zelda's associates from the dark depths of prejudice and tribalism to the majestic heights of understanding and brotherhood. That should serve as the final, ultimate, irrefutable proof that many people who follow her lectures have come to the erroneous conclusion that she serves as wisdom to the mighty and succor to the brave. The stark truth of the matter is that I once overheard Zelda say something quite astonishing. Are you strapped in? Zelda said that all any child needs is a big dose of television every day. Can you believe that? At least her statement made me realize that her victims have been speaking out for years. Unfortunately, their voices have long been silenced by the roar and thunder of Zelda's plenipotentiaries, who loudly proclaim that we have no reason to be fearful about the criminally violent trends in our society today and over the past ten to fifteen years. Regardless of those hopeless proclamations, the truth is that she doesn't want us to deliver new information about her moonstruck personal attacks. She wants us to behave like sheep, not showing any inclination to saunter off in a direction other than that in which the shepherdess (Zelda) wants us to go. Zelda intends to keep us sheep blissfully ignorant of the fact that I really dislike her. Likes or dislikes, however, are irrelevant to observed facts, such as that Zelda's opuscula were never about tolerance and equality. That was just window dressing for the “innocents”. Rather, after hearing about Zelda's neurotic attempts to use paid informants and provocateurs to rule with an iron fist, I was saddened. I was saddened that she has lowered herself to this level.

I appreciate feedback and other people's views on subjects. I don't, however, appreciate feedback when it's given in an unprofessional manner. Exclusionism is in Zelda's DNA. Zelda and her overbearing, fastuous pickthanks must cachinnate about this in private, knowing that Zelda is the type of person that turns up her nose at people like you and me. I guess that's because we haven't the faintest notion about the things that really matter such as why it would be good for her to confuse the catastrophic power of state fascism with the repression of an authoritarian government in our minds.

Every concert that Zelda attends rapidly degenerates into a free-for-all of slam dancing and scattered fistfights. I'll stand by that controversial statement and even assume that most readers who bring their own real-life experience will agree with it. At a bare minimum, there is no excuse for the innumerable errors of fact, the slovenly and philistine artistic judgments, the historical ineptitude, the internal contradictions, and the various half-truths, untruths, and gussied-up truths that litter every one of Zelda's essays from the first word to the last.

I myself love hearing the claims of a nutty spiv who doesn't realize that she's a nutty spiv. As a case in point, consider Zelda's claim that cynicism is the catholicon for all the world's ills. Such claims always make me laugh because, as we all know, a former member of Zelda's den of thieves has called Zelda an illogical weasel. I admire this person's courage, but I disagree with his use of the term “illogical weasel”. It's not solely because Zelda is an illogical weasel that she has been defusing or undermining incisive critiques of her stuporous behavior by turning them into procedural arguments about mechanisms of institutional restraint. Rather, she's been doing this because she likes to replace the search for truth with a situationist relativism based on carnaptious faddism. Such activity can flourish only in the dark, however. If you drag it into the open, Zelda and her comrades will run for cover like cockroaches in a dirty kitchen when the light is turned on suddenly during the night. That's why we must ensure that the values for which we have labored and for which many of us have fought and sacrificed will continue in ascendancy.

Zelda fails to see anything wrong with seizing control over where we eat, sleep, socialize, and associate with others. This bespeaks an investment of complex psychic import. That's why it helps to remember that Zelda avers that she opposes rebarbative insurrectionists who intensify or perpetuate totalitarianism. That's nothing more than ear candy. It's designed to gently stroke listeners, to get them to purr like kittens. The reality is that the problem with Zelda is not that she's uncompromising. It's that she wants to squander irreplaceable national treasures. Strange, isn't it, how the most illiberal palterers you'll ever see are always the first to trample over the very freedoms and rights that Zelda claims to support?

The point is that if everyone spent just five minutes a day thinking about ways to commit to practices that build community and eliminate behaviors that work against what we are dedicated to building, we'd all be a lot better off. Is five minutes a day too much to ask for the promise of a better tomorrow? I hope not, but then again, Zelda's witless ****-and-bull stories exploit the feelings of charity and guilt that many people have over the plight of the homeless. News of this deviousness must spread like wildfire if we are ever to cast an unfamiliar ray of sunshine over the ungrateful landscape of her biases. Zelda is not just featherbrained but proud of it. I won't dwell on that except to direct your attention to the misinformed manner in which she has been trying to develop mind-control technology. What can I do to prove to you that her beliefs (as I would certainly not call them logically reasoned arguments) do not pass muster by any objective standards? Show you evidence that Zelda is the most malign, snappish undesirable in the annals of Man? While that would undeniably help, she intends to create a new social class. Lackadaisical, fractious psychopaths, headlong, footling segregationists, and cullionly, disloyal madwomen will be given aristocratic status. The rest of us will be forced into serving as their servitors.

Zelda says that she needs a little more time to clean up her act. As far as I'm concerned, Zelda's time has run out. Here's a thought experiment for those of you who still think that there won't be any blowback from her treating anyone who doesn't agree with her to a torrent of vitriol and vilification: Imagine that a supernatural being came to you and, by way of a meandering Platonic dialogue, tried to convince you that might makes right. You'd astonishedly blurt out, “But Zelda provides simplistic answers to complex problems.” And that's the key point: We have much to fear from her. Personally, I'm afraid that sooner than you think, she'll impale us on a Morton's Fork: Either we let her foster debauchery, or she'll unleash an unparalleled wave of academicism. Regardless of which we choose, Zelda's self-aggrandizing campaigns of malice and malignity have created a class of dependent supplicants and special interests. Sadly, providing for their needs and wants is leading us towards economic sclerosis. All we can do now is wage war on escapism. Does anybody else feel the way I do, or am I alone in my disgust with Princess Zelda?
I rememberyesterday walking in and seeing that and then immediately leaving. I wasn't ready for the truth.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Lol, this was awesome to read. I kept thinking it was a critic of Zelda and that, at the end, you would explicit its meaning. XD But it was somethying generated randomly ?
Yup.

Farore's Wind requires a bit of the triforce of courage too. You can always run in or predict rolls into the elevator - the wisdom component. Guess the power component must be the KO. It's really hard, but having the reaction to hold down or sideways when you feel like Farore's will fail is super helpful. I try to do this, but I am certainly far from being consistent with it.

Aside from being butt ugly, I actually like Garbodor (title is spelled wrong). Did a Black 2 mono-poison run and poison is definitely one of my favourite types now alongside water, electric, and fairy.

Last edited:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Sometimes I think my FW elevator will fail and I teleport away only to see that I would've actually succeeded. That is the worst feeling. I need to become more risky with our gracious Triforce Elevator. Needing to rack up only 68% or so before we start looking for kills is a good feeling.

Last edited:

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Yup.

Farore's Wind requires a bit of the triforce of courage too. You can always run in or predict rolls into the elevator - the wisdom component. Guess the power component must be the KO. It's really hard, but having the reaction to hold down or sideways when you feel like Farore's will fail is super helpful. I try to do this, but I am certainly far from being consistent with it.

Aside from being butt ugly, I actually like Garbodor (title is spelled wrong). Did a Black 2 mono-poison run and poison is definitely one of my favourite types now alongside water, electric, and fairy.
Every mono poison team needs a Drapion and a Crobat. Loved my mono poison team back in the day. Mah gimmicky Venomoth to baton pass quiver dances, Nidoking as the receiving end of them (usually), Tentacruel for some tanking and spinning, and more...

I said this before ages ago, but Zelda is more like an Articuno or Glaceon. Beautiful/elegant, but tons of weaknesses, and low tier.

Glaceon even has the Zelda bangs <3

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Isn't Garbodor in PU tier in the Pokemon competitive scene? Like, that's rock bottom right there.

... Wait a second, doesn't that sound familiar? :>

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I remember a while ago ranting about how TERRIBLE Rock, Ice and Poison types are.... good times

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Mono-Poison is pretty meh. But I mean Gengar and Venusaur are fairing quite well up there, so there's some good with a secondary typing with Poison.

Glaceon has the strongest Blizzard in the game, iirc. But it can really be only used in Hail teams. Then the game mechanics changed and hail got nerfed. Now she's almost unusable.

... Wait, that does sound a lot like Zelda, doesn't it--

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I always felt like bug and grass types (Or at least the bulk of the pokes with either if these types.) are depressingly bad as well.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Mono-Poison is pretty meh. But I mean Gengar and Venusaur are fairing quite well up there, so there's some good with a secondary typing with Poison.

Glaceon has the strongest Blizzard in the game, iirc. But it can really be only used in Hail teams. Then the game mechanics changed and hail got nerfed. Now she's almost unusable.

... Wait, that does sound a lot like Zelda, doesn't it--
Lest not forget, Glaceon is also slow (that 60 base speed iirc) and hits like a truck on the special attack side, but only has few good moves and type coverage. The random high defense (Phantom) is pointless with its lowish HP and bazillion weaknesses...

... yeah, def sounds familiar

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Poison is slightly less bad because Steel got a bit nerfed and is not as common as before, but weakness to Psychic and to the most common Move in the whole game (Earthquake) is a huge thing.

And BJ, both Bug and Grass have few weaknesses, making them decent options.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
In general, grass and bug are pretty bad. But Breloom is FOR SOME REASON still keeping up. And Scizor is just lol.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
The title only refers to Zeldas metagame seeing as things got nerfed and removed (hello! Roll cancel pivot grab!)

The comparisons to Glaceon are solid though

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Zelda has no favorable matchups. Just matchups that are slightly less bad than others.

Seriously though, I think she's alright against Bowser and Dedede. Their size makes them more susceptible to get hit by stuff that doesn't work on other characters. Even at low percentages, uthrow or dthrow into anything isn't guaranteed against some of the lightweights because they can jump or airdodge before you nair (forcing you to predict this and go with something else). They have predictable recoveries too, so you can more or less have a field day with them when they're off stage and beneath you.

I also want to say kirby because his range is awful in this game and final cutter still sucks. But you when you're too tall to hit him with most of your normals...
Zelda also does decently against both of the Marios, and to a lesser extent Luigi. And Donkey Kong. And er... Ganondorf, but then, he's Ganondorf...

So that's 7 out of 50 that aren't an outright disadvantage. Still better odds than Brawl. :p

Last edited:

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Zelda also does decently against both of the Marios, and to a lesser extent Luigi. And Donkey Kong. And er... Ganondorf, but then, he's Ganondorf...

So that's 7 out of 50 that aren't an outright disadvantage. Still better odds than Brawl. :p
Luigi maybe, doc is ok, but Mario is NOT fun with Zelda....hes too fast.

Fuoujin 2

Banned via Warnings
Interesting. Pivot dash and Fsmash time? :>

I don't think Zelda has a matchup that's extremely favourable to her side. Only MUs I can think of are Ganondorf, DK, Duck Hunt, and maybe Dedede, but they are 55:45 AT THE VERY BEST.
Duck Hunt... have you guys played/seen a good Duck Hunt?
This is an extremely campy character with 3 projectiles vs a character that has no approach o_0.

Also I think to this day Ganon vs Zelda in brawl was no more than slightly in her favor, and now she's been nerfed and he's been buffed.

I'm also not sure what logic people have to think characters like DK, Dedede, Olimar, etc. have dropped down to being as bad as Zelda.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
A friend of mine played against a good Ganondorf yesterday

[17/12/2014 10:17:25 PM] ****ashi: so have you played waveguider's ganondorf
[17/12/2014 10:18:21 PM] Aerodrome: no
[17/12/2014 10:28:21 PM] ****ashi: oh my ****ing god how can you say that character is low tier

Food for thought regarding Ganondorf.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Yeah I dunno why people are ragging on Olimar. I love the little guy and he seems far more competent than Zelda in pretty much every area.

Rizen

Smash Legend
A friend of mine played against a good Ganondorf yesterday

[17/12/2014 10:17:25 PM] ****ashi: so have you played waveguider's ganondorf
[17/12/2014 10:18:21 PM] Aerodrome: no
[17/12/2014 10:28:21 PM] ****ashi: oh my ****ing god how can you say that character is low tier

Food for thought regarding Ganondorf.
^that's how I felt in Brawl after playing DLA's Ganon. Ganon can be scary when (and if) he goes on a rampage. He still was a terrible character though. Ganon's better in SSB4 but still no great, imo.

Fuoujin 2

Banned via Warnings
The NERVE of any Zelda's to say she beats Olimar.

The things Nietono did to me at APEX for brawl I will never forgeT!
I know it's a different game and all but you cant go from a -4 or 20/80 match up in one game to a 50/50 in another without both of these characters getting drastic changes, which didn't really happen as much as people think.
Olimar will still wreck Zelda.

Ganon probly is still bad but lol @ the people in here acting like you have to be good to have a favorable match up against Zeldawful.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Ganondorf is scary. I dunno who it was but I fought a really good Japanese Ganondorf on For Glory and he got inside my head. After his rampage starts it's so easy to panic and lose your cool, which is exactly what he wants. But it never felt like Zelda's toolkit was failing against Ganon. It was more myself that failed.

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Ganondorf... just a few things to remember. He can instantly ftilt from upsmash, he can abuse ledge cancel wizard's foot, don't let him ganoncide you, and don't be predictable.

Doesn't stop me from falling to that nonsense though :(

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Restating myself that at the VERY BEST, it can only be 55:45 in Zelda's advantage against Ganondorf. It could be even (more logical), but it can also be in Ganon's slight favour (also logical). But just as I said that today, I got my arse kicked bad by a really solid Ganondorf player, haha.

Olimar vs Zelda is too much lol. Anyone saying that's a favourable MU is just... And I mean, if we don't say DH is our best MU, who will be?

And Fuujin, low/bottom tier characters can still have (even the slightest of) favourable MUs against higher tier characters. Just look at Zangief versus Yun in Ultra Street Fighter 4.

Last edited:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Yeah maybe I'm underselling Ganondorf but it always felt like I could've stopped most of his stuff.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Saaaame. Totally underestimating Ganondorf in this game. A lot of his capabilities have improved drastically from Brawl, even though he looks to be the same. But he's really safe on a lot of moves, particularly Usmash. >.>

Top Bottom