• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
:4lucina:: Macchi, listen to me. If you like Lucina better, that's an entirely good reason to main her. When I first got Smash 4, I was going to main Shulk, Robin, and Lucina. I refused to pick up Marth even though he's better just because I love Lucina's character so much. Her being worse is no reason to not main her.

:4drmario:: He's a high risk high reward character and you seem to do fairly well with those. He should be on the lower end of your spectrum tho just bc he isn't as good as everyone else and once he's offstage he has a huge problem coming back

:4peach:: You're really good with her and imo she's the best at dealing with pressure out of everyone you're consider so that's something to consider. She also has a ton of potential and from what I've seen of your Peach i think you can unlock it.

:rosalina:: Invalidates a ton of characters and that's fun :') Again, really technical like Peach and she has a ton of potential too.

:4wiifit: (female WFT is the best gorl): She/he's easily your best character

:4zelda:: I'm going to say this flat out. Zelda isn't bad, she's just lacking compared to other characters. She's still viable and is harder to work with but idk if that matters to you

:4charizard:: If you know nothing about him idk why you're considering him

If I were to make a list of the characters you should play from definitely to probably not, I'd go

1. :4lucina:
2. :4wiifit:
3. :4zelda:
^^ these should be your three imo but it's up to you

4. :4peach:
5. :rosalina:
6. :4drmario:
7. :4charizard:

:4lucina: Really considering

:4drmario: Honestly just taking risks is natural to me.
P.S still need to finish their frame data thread

:4peach: Sometimes playing her gets boring though. Dair-dair-dair-dair-fair-dair-dair and repeat

:rosalina: considering also

:4wiifitm: I'm really considering him

:4zelda: She was also mid in the beginning of brawl and high in melee. Well now look at her. I do want to main her though

:4charizard: Every list needs an outcast :')

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
We're asking who we bought Smash for?

I bought Smash for: Myself. :p

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
I bought the game and was going to main :4falcon:, but ended up dropping him cause I just wasn't feeling him in this game.
Now, :4ganondorf: and :4gaw: are my go to characters with :4dedede: and :4alph: as secondaries.

Soul.

:D
I hope that he keeps using Greninja though. I need aMSa and I to remain main buddies.

IF THIS IS A DOUBLE POST I WILL FIX IT LATER

EDIT: Okay good, not a double post.
I dunno about that. Like sure it's possible he keeps using Greninja but I suppose Pikachu alone is enough. I guess.
Melee is his main game so
It lets Luigi save his double jump when recovering.

I think most importantly though, it lets him gimp low recoveries and catch ledgesnaps then spike them. By rising quickly enough to get an opponent to fall out of cyclone before the last hit, they'll fall down stuck in hitstun for quite awhile and it can easily kill. Cyclone's dumb priority and long active frames makes it even better, it just improves his edgeguarding immensely.

I don't have an example of what it can do though.
oh, right. Is it really that hard?

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I bought the game for :4shulk::rosalina::4robinm::4lucina:
then it went to :4shulk::4robinm::4lucina:
picked up :rosalina::4samus::4zss::4palutena:
dropped :4lucina:
then i was like lol i hate myself and started playing :4zelda: again
dropped :4samus::4zss::rosalina::4palutena:
went to :4shulk::4robinf::4zelda:
now i'm going to stick with :4shulk::4zelda: unless Fiora or Melia are announced as DLC, then I'll add them to that
:4peach: Sometimes playing her gets boring though. Dair-dair-dair-dair-fair-dair-dair and repeat
So should we knock Peach off of the list?

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
whee history lesson

Bought the game for:
Space_Junk_Galaxy.png

Planned to play:
Space_Junk_Galaxy.png
:4metaknight::4luigi::4dedede::4jigglypuff::4lucario:, some interest in :4megaman: but didn't expect to be able to do anything with him going off my demo experience, vague interest in :4zelda: but after Melee/Brawl I KNEW BETTER (FW almost baited me back tho)
Early on: :4dedede:main :4greninja:secondary
Space_Junk_Galaxy.png
:4metaknight:lab
Post-1.0.4: :4greninja:main:4dedede:secondary :4metaknight:lab
Later: :4greninja:main :4metaknight:make-believe secondary
Now:
Space_Junk_Galaxy.png
main :substitute:secondary :4lucario:lab :4metaknight:stillwanttoplaybutislargelypointlessbecauseiamterribleatthecharacter:4luigi:iwishicouldmash

Grabbing the Gordo reflect attempts is cute, but with no grab armor in sm4sh it only really worked because his opponent was using an actual reflector instead of an active hitbox for the job.

I have no idea why he kept going for uair after the low percent dthrows and I'm even less sure why his opponent was airdodging instead of nairing or something. dthrow>ff uair is a "chaingrab" (with frame advantage for the victim hurr) but after the first whiff I would've just gone for fair or RAR bair instead, he really just lucked out that his opponent didn't handle the situation well.
I don't know why I did this edit, but it certainly made me feel better
how useful is jumpless cyclone
how good are you are mashing?

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
:O a Ganon main?!??! Thats cool. I also feel the same about Cap. Falcon, he just doesnt speak to me like he did the other games.
Yeah, Ganon really works well with my playstyle. Custom Ganon is even better thanks to his biggest issues (recovery and being projectile camped) being fixed with Wiz Dropkick and Dark Fists.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
wtf i don't even play Luigi
ya well cyclone becomes all the more useful when you can mash well, there are other uses, but if you can mash like a god you can recover in a lot of situations
downloading FE:A, really excited for this. Never played Fire Emblem before...
I would have said sacred stones for first FE. Although I'm playing gaiden now <.<

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
My main selection tbh. :^)

Before Sm4sh came out: :4zelda:
After playing the Sm4sh Wii U demo: :4zelda:
Pre 1.0.4 Sm4sh 3DS: :4zelda:
Post 1.0.4 Sm4sh 3DS/Sm4sh Wii U: :4zelda:
Now: :4zelda:
(Probably) in the future: :4zelda:

Although I did alternate between secondaries. Rotated between :4robinf::4morton::4yoshi::4wiifit::4ganondorf:. Now testing :4metaknight::4palutena: and my secondaries so far are :4falco:and:4zss:.

But:4zelda:is life. :4zelda:is love. <3

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
So now we have :4lucina::4wiifitm::4zelda::4drmario::rosalina: and maybeeeee :4charizard:
So you're already really good with Mop, Wii Fit, Zeldawful, and Doc. Do you want to invest a lot of time in to learning Rosalina?
If you want to get an idea about how complex she is, Dabuz made a guide on her...
it's an hour long
Honestly I want to invest time in all of them, but then I won't be able to be really good at one character. Yeah I saw the guide.

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Game is first announced: Can we reveal Yoshi please?
April 18th 2014: :4yoshi::4greninja: Dual main :)
Game comes out: :4yoshi::4greninja:Planned mains :4bowser::4drmario::4sonic::4lucario::4littlemac::4charizard:Planned secondaries
Demo: :4pikachu:Main :4mario:Secondary
After buying game: :4yoshi::4greninja:mains :4zelda::4drmario:secondaries
Later on: :4yoshi::4greninja::4zelda:mains :4drmario::4charizard::4pikachu::4sonic::4miibrawl:secondaries
Now: :4greninja::4yoshi::4zelda:mains :4drmario::4pikachu::4sonic::4charizard::4bowser::4gaw::4ganondorf::4littlemac::4miisword:secondaries
20XX: :4greninja::4yoshi::4zelda:mains :4bowser::4bowserjr::4falcon::4charizard::4darkpit::4dedede::4dk::4drmario::4duckhunt::4falco::4fox::4ganondorf::4gaw::4myfriends::4kirby::4littlemac::4link::4lucario::4lucina::4luigi::4mario::4marth::4megaman::4metaknight::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword::4ness::4alph::4palutena::4pacman::4peach::4pikachu::4pit::4rob::4robinm::4robinf::rosalina::4samus::4sheik::4shulk::4sonic::4tlink::4villager::4wario2::4wiifit::4zss::mewtwopm:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
oh, right. Is it really that hard?
Average mashing speed is like ~9.7 presses/second I believe (source: sampled from speedrunners, bias should be in favor of higher numbers considering)

Fastest known mashing speed is 16/sec (from what I could find)

Jumpless cyclone needs something like 14/sec

(I'm pretty much dead-on average)

downloading FE:A, really excited for this. Never played Fire Emblem before...
Uh...hm.

Curious to see what someone new to the series thinks of FE:A. Hope you enjoy it~

Game comes out: :4yoshi::4greninja:Planned mains :4bowser::4drmario::4sonic::4lucario::4littlemac::4charizard:Planned secondaries
Later on: :4yoshi::4greninja::4zelda:mains :4drmario::4charizard::4pikachu::4sonic::4miibrawl:secondaries
Now: :4greninja::4yoshi::4zelda:mains :4drmario::4pikachu::4sonic::4charizard::4bowser::4gaw::4ganondorf::4littlemac::4miisword:secondaries
20XX: :4greninja::4yoshi::4zelda:mains :4bowser::4bowserjr::4falcon::4charizard::4darkpit::4dedede::4dk::4drmario::4duckhunt::4falco::4fox::4ganondorf::4gaw::4myfriends::4kirby::4littlemac::4link::4lucario::4lucina::4luigi::4mario::4marth::4megaman::4metaknight::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword::4ness::4alph::4palutena::4pacman::4peach::4pikachu::4pit::4rob::4robinm::4robinf::rosalina::4samus::4sheik::4shulk::4sonic::4tlink::4villager::4wario2::4wiifit::4zss::mewtwopm:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
JAGUAR ARE YOU MACCHIATO
Honestly I want to invest time in all of them, but then I won't be able to be really good at one character. Yeah I saw the guide.
Ok so let me ask you this. When playing a character, you think of their personality and how they are in their source game right? Doctor Mario has like zero personality or character, so does he really feel special when you play him compared to other characters? I know for me personally, even if I like a character's playstyle I just can not play them if I have no experience with the game their from. Vica versa; even if I hate their playstyle and love the character I'll still play them

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
Ever since I finished Xenoblade I wanted :4shulk: in Smash so I was glad when he was confirmed.
I play more to have fun and :4shulk:is fun to me so I never found the desire to have a secondary.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
JAGUAR ARE YOU MACCHIATO

Ok so let me ask you this. When playing a character, you think of their personality and how they are in their source game right? Doctor Mario has like zero personality or character, so does he really feel special when you play him compared to other characters? I know for me personally, even if I like a character's playstyle I just can not play them if I have no experience with the game their from. Vica versa; even if I hate their playstyle and love the character I'll still play them
I like his playstyle also mario + PhD sold me

Then that leaves me to zelda, lucina, doc, Charizard, and rosalina. Haven't played wii fit

Last edited:

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
There was also :rosalina: that I was considering, but got nowhere with her.
My time with :4fox: was basically to resist the urge to fast fall an offstage aerial because well... yeah. Needless to say, I've SD'd with :4fox: quite a bit since I wasn't really used to falling like a rock. Yeah, I know, I suck with Fox.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Ever since I finished Xenoblade I wanted :4shulk: in Smash so I was glad when he was confirmed.
I play more to have fun and :4shulk:is fun to me so I never found the desire to have a secondary.
I know the feeling so well. I go through the same thing with my two mains. I used to call Greninja a secondary, but I can't anymore, considering how much time I put into him. I don't have one main. I have co-mains. I thought it was silly at first, and that such thing didn't really exist, but yep.

Anyway to add onto your point, I just can't play anyone else for extended periods of time without going back to my chars.

Last edited:

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
@ Macchiato Macchiato gurl you need to get some Peach in yo life. She's really solid, fun, full of delish combos, sassy n talks sh*t when she wins.
Her Customs aren't too shabby either, at least from what my bff that really mains her tells me :3

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I like his playstyle also mario + PhD sold me

Then that leaves me to zelda, lucina, doc, Charizard, and rosalina. Haven't played wii fit
Well you still like WFT tho right? Do you feel as if we should get rid of Charizard since you don't know much about him?
Again, let's go back to "who do you want to be known for maining?" That question helped me narrow down Shulk and Zelda. Personally, I think someone who mains Lucina and Zelda sounds extremely awesome compared to someone who mains Dr. Mario.

Btw, still considering Rosalina even with how complex she is?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Fine... I do dis too, my yutes.

Spoiler 'cause it's huge.
Bought game for: :4littlemac:, I like boxing and I figured, why not?
Planned to play: :4wiifit:, :4samus:, :4sheik:, :4lucina:, :4littlemac:, :4link:, and :4fox:as a crutch character. :4yoshi:, :4luigi:, and :4sonic:were the troll and mess around crew.
Best Buy demo characters: None; never got to play the Best Buy demo.
Demo main: :4link:.
Characters I tried (includes the planned to play): :4megaman:, :4metaknight:, :4drmario:, :4ganondorf:, :4myfriends:, :4greninja:, :4zss:, :4palutena:, :4peach:, :4pit:, :4pacman:, :4pikachu:, etc. You get the idea, but it excludes the Koopalings 'cause it's sad for them to be just alts, :4olimar:, :4ness:, :4lucario:, :4charizard:, :4dedede:, :4diddy:, :4dk:, :4duckhunt:, :4jigglypuff:, :4kirby:, :4villager:, and:4wario: because I just don't like their play style and I don't like the Miis, so whatever for them.
Characters I dropped or don't plan on using a lot: :4wiifit:, :4samus:, :4sheik:, :4lucina:, :4luigi:, :4littlemac:, :4link:, :4yoshi:, and :4fox:- his voice; I can use him since he's stupidly easy to use, but no. Just no.
Character(s) used out of hatred and rage against people: :4falco:. The sole reason that I'm a Falco mod is probably summed up as this because people are such idiots to write off a character immediately. :4marth:was like, "Oh, he's nerfed, but still playable", and :4metaknight: was, "He's nerfed!" with, "Why is he nerfed, SAKURAI?!" or "He's 'aight and he sort of deserved those nerfs", but Falco got and still gets, "Piece of ****."
Characters that returned to be used from a previous game(s): :4falco: and :4myfriends: primarily, but :4link:, :4tlink:, :4sheik:, :4fox:, :4luigi:, :4sonic:, and :4falcon: also count since I have used them before.
Characters I'm considering: :4wiifit:, :4peach:, :4greninja:, :4zss:, :4sheik:, or maybe :4megaman:.
Character I might drop: :4myfriends:, I don't know, I guess he doesn't feel as fun and satisfying to use like Falco and Ganondorf. If Wolf ever comes back, then he's probably taking Ike's place or being prioritized as a secondary or co-main.
Current: :4falco:, :4myfriends:, and :4ganondorf:.

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Well you still like WFT tho right? Do you feel as if we should get rid of Charizard since you don't know much about him?
Again, let's go back to "who do you want to be known for maining?" That question helped me narrow down Shulk and Zelda. Personally, I think someone who mains Lucina and Zelda sounds extremely awesome compared to someone who mains Dr. Mario.

Btw, still considering Rosalina even with how complex she is?
Yeah, I want charizard there just cuz. Being known as a rosalina main isn't that special because so many people use and main her.

Well pick this up tomorrow I'm tired. :4zelda::4wiifitm::4lucina::4drmario::4charizard: are left.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Yeah, I want charizard there just cuz. Being known as a rosalina main isn't that special because so many people use and main her.

Well pick this up tomorrow I'm tired. :4zelda::4wiifitm::4lucina::4drmario::4charizard: are left.
Kk.

So, you've officially passed the first part of post-20 mains therapy and you're on the right track
YAAAAAY

Spirst

I remember I planned to solo main :4greninja: all the way before the game out. I used him for all October but then started :4duckhunt: which was the gateway to playing other characters. I tried :4pacman: back then but was garbage with him and didn't know what I was doing over half the time so I dropped him. I used :4greninja::4duckhunt::4charizard: for a good amount of time and then picked up :4pacman: again after seeing the stuff that could be done with him. Fell in love with the character and stopped using :4duckhunt::4charizard: just so I could focus on him and :4greninja:. Both are my co-mains now.

I could never play characters I don't have a personal connection to. I know that going for characters like :4diddy: or :4sheik: would probably yield me quick results but I don't care to be honest. I'd rather have fun with the characters I use rather than bandwagon the competitively popular ones just to win. The game isn't THAT important to me.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
I remember I planned to solo main :4greninja: all the way before the game out. I used him for all October but then started :4duckhunt: which was the gateway to playing other characters. I tried :4pacman: back then but was garbage with him and didn't know what I was doing over half the time so I dropped him. I used :4greninja::4duckhunt::4charizard: for a good amount of time and then picked up :4pacman: again after seeing the stuff that could be done with him. Fell in love with the character and stopped using :4duckhunt::4charizard: just so I could focus on him and :4greninja:. Both are my co-mains now.

I could never play characters I don't have a personal connection to. I know that going for characters like :4diddy: or :4sheik: would probably yield me quick results but I don't care to be honest. I'd rather have fun with the characters I use rather than bandwagon the competitively popular ones just to win. The game isn't THAT important to me.
Here's my biased like in the name of ribbits.

Duck Hunt is a character I kinda liked. I wish he was a bit better, though I know that's ironic coming from someone who uses Zelda :p

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
This.

This so much.

I do worse with those characters anyway, whether it's due to lack of synergy or actually just not liking the character I dunno, but I do much better playing characters I actually like, and enjoy the game vastly more as well. I think the only character I don't like that I ever gave any thought to playing was :4charizard: and that only lasted as long as two drunk games on For Glory.

EDIT: Well, ironically, I had zero attachment to Greninja before sm4sh (and was actually completely sick of seeing him all over OU playing on showdown), but he handled so well and Hydro Pump was so hilarious I couldn't say no.

Last edited:

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
My character story goes like this:

bought for: :rosalina::4robinf::4lucina::4palutena:

Narrowed to: :rosalina::4robinf:

Changed to::rosalina::4darkpit:

Then to: :4robinf::4darkpit::4zelda:

Next to: :rosalina::4robinf::4zelda::4sheik:

Then to: :rosalina::4robinf::4zelda::4lucina:

and now to: :rosalina::4tlink: (W/ :4lucina::4robinf::4zelda: for mainly non for glory)

There was also a period of time on the 3ds where I was solo :4jigglypuff:, it didn't last long.

Last edited:
Top Bottom