• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
@ Fernosaur Fernosaur but sis, Biophilia has Moon & Virus, so it's automatically her best work :p
You are dead to me.

I actually like Virus, Sacrifice and Cosmogony. Everything else in that album can suck ***** imo.

@ Lorde Lorde You too. You both should hear this live version of Human Behaviour. Björk is twice as better live than she is on record, imo. Specially when it's Homogenic or Vespertine tours.

Soul.

The sad thing is that people have definitely said/done this.

At the very least, the voice acting is better in Melee.

ftfy
then again this is also the case with Brawl, especially on lol reddit.
"Smash 4 has no depth. Brawl, while slower-paced, at least had depth."

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
I feel weird whenever we have a music discussion because everyone talks about people I've never of and that I'm just that one guy who listens to jazz.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
then again this is also the case with Brawl, especially on lol reddit.
"Smash 4 has no depth. Brawl, while slower-paced, at least had depth."
lol what depth did Brawl have? 0-Death chain grabs and edge hogging? I love Brawl, but come on, people.

You are dead to me.

I actually like Virus, Sacrifice and Cosmogony. Everything else in that album can suck ****s imo.

@ Lorde Lorde You too. You both should hear this live version of Human Behaviour. Björk is twice as better live than she is on record, imo. Specially when it's Homogenic or Vespertine tours.

Omg she's adorable when she's not dressed like the OG Lady Gaga. It's hard to believe that she's almost 50.
She's very good live. Since she's been in the business so long that I guess she has to be, but still. I have to go look up more of her live stuff now.

I wish you liked Florence + The Machine because there are so many good live videos I could link you to. :(

edit:
Incidentally, Fox mains disagree.
People actually like Sm4sh Fox's voice? I love Melee Fox's voice. I think it really fits him.

Last edited:

Soul.

lol what depth did Brawl have? 0-Death chain grabs and edge hogging? I love Brawl, but come on, people.
I dunno, apparently Brawl players criticize Smash 4 because of the large influx of new players going to the boards and stuff yadda yadda yadda. There is a post somewhere explaining why Brawl has more depth than Smash 4.
"but guys, in smash 4 everything is simplified!"

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I dunno, apparently Brawl players criticize Smash 4 because of the large influx of new players going to the boards and stuff yadda yadda yadda. There is a post somewhere explaining why Brawl has more depth than Smash 4.
"but guys, in smash 4 everything is simplified!"
Isn't the Brawl competitive scene basically dead?

Imo, simplification is an improvement. It levels the playing field for everyone, while still rewarding players with skill and good fundamentals.

Smash is a deep series, so it doesn't really matter which is the deepest. People are just mad that Smash 4 isn't Melee V2.

Soul.

DACUS was in the 3DS version but later patched out. Iirc Shulk had a really good DACUS, so it sucks that it was patched out.
Greninja's DACUS though
Isn't the Brawl competitive scene basically dead?

Imo, simplification is an improvement. It levels the playing field for everyone, while still rewarding players with skill and good fundamentals.

Smash is a deep series, so it doesn't really matter which is the deepest. People are just mad that Smash 4 isn't Melee V2.
It pretty much is. Smash 4 being simpler means more accessibility. As much as everyone doesn't like seeing Diddy Kong "mains" spam grab and do nothing else, it was worth it.
lol melee 2. don't get me wrong, Melee's a good game but the "Melee 2" posts are.... dumb

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I prefer to watch his Sheik. I used to watch his videos all the time, back in the Brawl days. His Sheik is probably the character I find most interesting to watch in Brawl. I didn't even know he played Wolf. He's very talented.

If you haven't, I recommend you watch some of his Brawl Sheik stuff.

DACUS was in the 3DS version but later patched out. Iirc Shulk had a really good DACUS, so it sucks that it was patched out.
I forgot to respond to this lol. I think Greninja had a really good DACUS, and maybe Ganondorf had one? I am sad they patched it out, though.

Greninja's DACUS though

It pretty much is. Smash 4 being simpler means more accessibility. As much as everyone doesn't like seeing Diddy Kong "mains" spam grab and do nothing else, it was worth it.
lol melee 2. don't get me wrong, Melee's a good game but the "Melee 2" posts are.... dumb
Do people actually write posts about how great a Melee 2 game would be? I assume this is a reddit thing because everyone knows that reddit is the gathering place of the people with stupid opinions.

Diddy Kong isn't even that bad. Sure, he has good options for almost every situation, but that's better than things like MK being far and away better than everyone else, and Fox being an uphill battle for basically everyone.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I prefer to watch his Sheik. I used to watch his videos all the time, back in the Brawl days. His Sheik is probably the character I find most interesting to watch in Brawl. I didn't even know he played Wolf. He's very talented.
I just like watching Wolf because he's so mobile in the air... And this is why I wished he was in SSB4...

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Greninja lost his wife,kids and house.

Nintendo's taking that frog to court.

He took the nerfs for all our mains, let us pray.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I just like watching Wolf because he's so mobile in the air... And this is why I wished he was in SSB4...
I do agree that he was a pretty cool character and they shouldn't have removed him. I was expecting that they'd cut Falco and keep Wolf, but that obviously didn't happen.

My "Cut List" from Brawl was really off, in general.

Soul.

Diddy Kong isn't even that bad. Sure, he has good options for almost every situation, but that's better than things like MK being far and away better than everyone else, and Fox being an uphill battle for basically everyone.
to answer your question, yes Ganon had a DACUS.
Reddit sucks.
Agree with that sentiment.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I do agree that he was a pretty cool character and they shouldn't have removed him. I was expecting that they'd cut Falco and keep Wolf, but that obviously didn't happen.

Wolf was the last person who I thought would get cut in SSB4 because unlike Falco, he started off as a semi-clone who only shared, but had altered Specials like Lucas. Snake, Ike, Toon Link, and Lucas for me had higher chances of getting cut. Snake felt like an actual guest character while Sonic is pretty much a friendly rival to Mario now. With Ike, even though he brought a unique style, Chrom or even Lucina - the somersault attack she uses against Chrom in Awakening could be hand-waved as an "Aether" - could have replaced him because Fire Emblem isn't linear like Mario or Zelda where there's an established main cast. For Toon Link... Why? Just why does he not have different items from Zelda? Seriously, where the hell is the Ice and Fire Rods? The Deku Leaf? The Skull Hammer? Also, he could have been "replaced" by A Link Between Worlds Link or Young Link because of the remakes. Lucas, yeah... Mother/EarthBound and F-Zero were in the same position of not being relevant and most people know Ness and Captain Falcon as SSB characters and that's it.

I'd even say Sheik could have gotten cut when they explained that transformation weren't in and after seeing the lag when they were used. Well, she's basically OoT Zelda while Zelda-Zelda is Twilight Princess Zelda. ZSS was more or less a "gimmick" like Pokémon Trainer, but Metroid needs another representer, so why not have Samus and ZSS like Zelda having Link-Link and Toon Link and Zelda-Zelda and Sheik-Zelda. Hell, there were plans for Toon Zelda which would make it even stupider. Oh look! One franchise is made of of three versions of the damned character! I can't wait for SSB5 where we have 6 different versions of Link: Link-Link from Twilight Princess, a more bow & arrow version of Link who's based on Zelda Wii U Link, Young Link the obligatory shota, mini-Link, Toon Link because why not have a Link that can't kick? That's sure as hell different. And Fierce Deity Link because Link with a two-handed sword is cool, Dark Link because that's rad like having Dark Pit who barely has any changes, and Deku Link. Why? Why the hell not. :glare:

I mean, purple, lanky, elf shoe wearing Mario with a tennis racket sure as freaking hell the same character as red Mario, green Luigi, and stanky, yellow Mario while cartoon, short Link justifies having the same gear as regular Link, a female, "beginner" Marth without tippers, and Dark Pit who clearly uses different weapons in Uprising, but that's not important at all compared to not having a tipper Ftilt, a differently angled Side Special, and a slower, slightly stronger Palutena's Bow.

Y'know, we might as well cut everyone except Mario and Luigi to shut people up. It's finally a Super Smash Bros. game.:smash:

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
To be honest even with all the nerfs he got all of Greninja's nerfed moves are still really solid and good. Plus, the patch buffed Shadow Sneak and now Greninja has one of the safest recoveries and one that can go really far. Plus Shadow Sneak is a great killing tool as it is, especially off-stage.

If you asked me I'd say all of Greninja's nerfs except the shuriken nerfs are compensated by the buff to Shadow Sneak.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon

probably cause they kept almost everyone
and didn't add Furret
revolver_furret_by_keijimatsu-d3notbg.png

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Greninja has one of the best PP in the game anyway so he still got that good good. For now.

You Frog mains should be abusing that ****.

I think it goes: 1)Speed Shulk(7) 2)Falcon(6) 3)Little Mac/Luigi(5.5) 4)Frog,MK,Fox,Sonic(5)

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Someone needs to make you the director of smash because 5 Links and 3 Zeldas sounds like the best roster choices ever.

I think the list of characters I thought would get cut was something like Falco, Ike, Sonic, Snake, ROB, Toon Link, Lucario, Pokemon Trainer, and Lucas. Only 2 of those 9 got cut (and Pokemon Trainer wasn't completely cut). At this point, I'm just hoping that Sonic is cut in the next game.

Toon Zelda would have been amazing and I would have mained the **** out of her. Floatier and faster Zelda sounds awesome.
purple, lanky, elf show wearing Mario with a tennis racket
I think this is the best description of Waluigi I've ever heard.

@ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer You should get the people to let you on the mic

Last edited:
Top Bottom