• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I've only fought one Lucario who I made the character look good. And so now I'm playing him on For Glory to try and emulate him.

His walk speed is really good, and his skid is pretty quick (reminiscent of Zelda) allowing him to make small adjustments and bait pretty well.

Oh wow. High aura aura-sphere charge on the edge is OP AF.
Yeah, his skid is really quick and high aura Aura Sphere charge is absurd, especially on the ledge. Being able to combo out of ASC (grab/throwing the sphere/sh fair if hit in front of you, usmash if near Lucario's body, sh dair to play it safe) is also gdlk.

If Mewtwo has all these same options with Shadow Ball and controls in a manner that fits better for me I think there's a very good chance I'll be picking him up.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I liked Bowser's Brawl 'running' animation. :awesome:
BTW is Sonic's special move auto spin charge the same as his normal spin charge except charged by holding the button rather than tapping it?

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
SH DAir out of ASC sounds cool. Sonic is cancer against this Lucario. I honestly don't know what to do other than spam Aura Spheres and hope they hit.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
ASC beats spin dash after ~78% iirc

haven't actually played the MU myself though

when I play Luc I feel like aura sphere is my only move that regularly gets things done. Wish his grab/utilt had a bit more range.

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I was mainly taking a jab at Macchiato drooling over how good the move was and saying it made Lucina amazing. I'd probably run 3123 if I played Marcina myself, but I can see where the vertical recovery of Dolphin Slash would be preferred.

I find it kind of funny that this post is happening after I came off another wifi session with Lucario/MK and felt confident that I was ready to drop both hard.

Might study up on Luc more still idk, there's a very good chance I'm just playing the neutral poorly with him but I feel like his slow startup on everything, bleh range, and double bleh run speed + high traction really holds him back and makes him feel clunky. I think MK's cool but he very clearly doesn't work for me, and I've been trying to make him work for me pretty much since release off and on so eh. Other people'll take the reigns, I bought the game for Rosalina in the first place anyway, no point in going shoeshopping when the glass slipper's already a perfect fit.
I mean, yeah, if a character really doesn't fit, then don't use it. But don't expect to be an expert when first start. Expect losses.

Maybe I should take my own advice.

what the christ is this emote
jesus
It's amazing.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Low aura combo town. Population: Sonic. ASC>usmash is dirty. I wish I knew how to wavebounce my neutral B's better. B-reversing does the trick, but being able to wavebounce would be nice.

I do miss having a quick BAir. I don't think I've landed one yet, and it's one of his strongest moves iirc. Playing MM/DK/Marth/Samus/Zelda? has spoiled me (although Shulk's BAir is definitely slow... it's good for other reasons).

Also, I love how the dev team gave him such a quick pummel to keep his moves fresh like they did for Samus. It's a small, but nice touch.

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Just finished up a long FG session, using mainly Mac. He's fun, but IDK what I'm supposed to be doing half the time. It's.pretty much FTilt, DSmash, and down-angled FSmash shieldbreak fishing with the occasional jab, DTilt, dash attack, pivot FSmash, and grab. I want to get better with his aerials lol. Also I hear his DTilt is really good but I have a hard time seeing exactly why.

I finished by using Zelda and her down taunt (I lost the match BTW). And I realized...

Her pummel animation is hilarious.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
I'm not sure if I like Timber Counter because I actually use most of the things Timber offers, even the watering can :'D.

Then again I have never tried using Timber Counter in an actual match, so~

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Low aura combo town. Population: Sonic. ASC>usmash is dirty. I wish I knew how to wavebounce my neutral B's better. B-reversing does the trick, but being able to wavebounce would be nice.

I do miss having a quick BAir. I don't think I've landed one yet, and it's one of his strongest moves iirc. Playing MM/DK/Marth/Samus/Zelda? has spoiled me (although Shulk's BAir is definitely slow... it's good for other reasons).

Also, I love how the dev team gave him such a quick pummel to keep his moves fresh like they did for Samus. It's a small, but nice touch.
The way I think when I do the input for wavebounce is "RAR B-reverse" while already in the air. Idk if that'll help you or not but it became a lot easier for me when I started thinking of it like that.

Luc's bair is a lot like Greninja's, except the shield damage/stun/pushback is NUTS and it KOs at like 50% with aura lol. Very safe on shield even at low aura, I throw out the occasional shff bair at neutral just in case, since it's low risk:absurd reward. I'm not really sure that it's something you should be expecting to connect though...but for what it's worth, if you hit with the back part of fair you can combo into bair.

I was commenting on his pummel elsewhere today, I love its unstaling ability considering how reliant he feels on Aura Sphere.

EDIT: Should also mention, ftilt/fsmash have less end lag than his other tilts/smashes (I think ftilt is safe on shield? Pretty sure fsmash is with enough aura too) and fsmash kills fraudulently early. It kinda reminds me of MK's fsmash with more endlag but more range and a lot more power.

Also I hear his DTilt is really good but I have a hard time seeing exactly why.
It's a quick-to-start combo starter, though I don't know what he gets aside from dtilt>KO Punch and dtilt>upB. If there's more to it then idk

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
If this is a reference to Frozen 2, then yep. Saw the article yesterday; it just cemented what I already knew months ago was going to happen. I hope they make it as good as the first, or almost as good. Most successful animated film of all time deserves an equally rated sequel, yes?
ya it was kinda obvious there would be a sequel, this is Disney after all. Idk if they should or not, I mean it's not like they are going toy story -> toy story 2, but I could be proven wrong
GIF posterity.

It's still a thing. :4wiifit:

Edit : @ McKnightlíght McKnightlíght did you just like something of mine from page 258?! Do NAWT tell me you're reading through. x_x
what you mean I can only use this once?

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
this is not a post keep going down
ignore the next post after this as well

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Mac's Dtilt has more range than the first hit of ftilt, I think, which is why it's pretty good as a spacing tool.

RAR B-reverse... in the... air... hmm... I can see what you're saying... but I am getting side-B a lot. :( But that's actually a really nice way of thinking about it and I get it like... 30% of the time. I've always wanted to wavebounce things my neutral-B's better.

Whoa. SHFF BAir is cool. I could get used to that. No way am I going to be able to hit someone in the air with this though...

Lucario's Aura Sphere is so nice and spammable unlike Samus' Charge Shot. He plays like a mix of Zelda and Samus. Like... really, if I were to put the 2 together, that'd be Lucario. Pivot ftilt is real nice.

And now back to Mega Man land to wavebounce metal blades in training mode.

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
GIF posterity.

It's still a thing. :4wiifit:

Edit : @ McKnightlíght McKnightlíght did you just like something of mine from page 258?! Do NAWT tell me you're reading through. x_x
I actually searched for the phrase "HmmmmT" because recently I've been thinking of it and laughing out loud. I don't know why I didn't like it at the time.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Sorry guys, this thread has become my de facto "complain about For Glory players" thread. I think this one is justified, though.

I was playing as Mac, and I encountered a player that seemed normal enough. His tag was "GETCANCER" and I thought that maybe it was just idiosyncratic, or maybe he used Sonic. Sadly, the latter wasn't the case. He used Fox. He really wasn't getting anything solid on me, though I think he might have gimped me my first stock. Second stock, I use Slip Counter in the air and fly too far off the stage to recover (he should get Hus second jump back after landing that IMO). Well, after the match, he changed his tag to an unceremonious "HAHAHAHAHA" which I chose to ignore. Next match, I stick with Mac and he goes Greninja. His frog seemed far better than his fox, it was going all over the place like good Greninjas do. He KOed me for the first stock (IIRC) and tried to get a Hydro Pump gimp on me the second one. That didn't happen. Instead, I Up-Bed just a touch too low and missed the ledge (which has been happening more often on Wii U than 3DS I'm pretty sure). His tag change? "LOLSOBAD." Then he left. Yeah, your Greninja is good, but that doesn't give you a right to talk down to me.

I don't swear much (hardly ever) but all I can think is "cocky *******". You can fill that in with the seven-letter curse of your choice, although I have a specific one in mind.

Also, Captain Falcon's dash grab is dumb. I have an endless list of complaints, sorry.

Also, Captain Falcon's dash grab is dumb. I have an endless list of complaints, sorry.
It's alright

Falcon's dash grab makes things a bit complicated for me when it comes to spacing Falcon at mid-range. Can't land f-air as much as I'd like to so I usually stick with n-air, b-air or them tilts.

I also tried using Falcon. When I'm at an advantage, I feel amazing but he has ONE fatal flaw. When he gets hit, he can't do anything.... At all

lolwut

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I also tried using Falcon. When I'm at an advantage, I feel amazing but he has ONE fatal flaw. When he gets hit, he can't do anything.... At all
you playing smash 64?
Sorry guys, this thread has become my de facto "complain about For Glory players" thread. I think this one is justified, though.
this is my thread for posting Furrets
tumblr_n5wizjyERo1ssck4yo1_500.jpg

Rizen

Smash Legend
Furret+Kirby=

+

=

Furby! ...something has gone horribly wrong in this equation :sadeyes:

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Recently I've been getting a lot of pages. But I haven't mentioned it because it's cooler if you never look at the explosion behind you.

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
@ Macchiato Macchiato So I'm watching that stream you posted a few pages back and considering Lucina gets kill combos and a kill throw (well, kill off of a throw) w/ customs where do you think she belongs on the tier list w/ them?
Mid, it does fix 2 of her major problems but then her moves are still not safe on shield. iai counter is really good to since it sends your opponent behind yew and its stronger. This like helps the sheik match up since offstage bouncing fishes will kill sheik at zero since it sends her behind Lucina. Well back to crescent slash, it makes her a more offensive character which can also go defensive which is good. I don't see how people see her as bottom. Without customs shes low, but she's still a clone of marth. She has good range, kill power, and a good recovery. She can also approach.
Oh so Lucina's Crescent Slash also has a tipper? I was wondering about that.

Also I don't really think the so called OP customs will be that bad for long. People will adapt to it and eventually they won't be as much of a problem, like they did with Lucario.

Besides so far I only see Timber Counter and Power Vision as being that bad.
I think jumbo hoops is as bad

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Paletuna's light weight is a really good custom too. If it was on a top tier like diddy it would be OP.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
The normal tree's axe is a frame 6, air usable, B-reversable, disjointed kill move around 100%
Which is why I don't like timber counter. I love having such an amazing kill move. Not to mention the tree applies more mind games then the sapling does. Even timing growing the tree is a mind game. Timber is so much more fun then timber counter.
Which also applies to your avi. :3

@ Berserker. Berserker. How was the date?

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Well I got my first actual rager on For Glory just now.

I picked Falcon, and the guy I was facing left. Enter another Falcon player. I do the "Come on!" taunt, thinking he was there for fun, but it got met with a dash attack and some other flurries. I lost the match. He taunts, then in champ select goes, "GSO" (stands for get s*** on)

Switched to Zelda. 0-death'd his first stock without taking a hit. Got him to 40% then he SD'd in rage. Switched his tag to "LOL LOZER"

Second game, I Nayru's Love'd his Falcon Punch and he SD'd twice. Switched his tag to, "U LIEK MEN" and left.

Got a friend request. What did the message say?

"Play someone not OP noob."

I literally fell out of my chair.

Last edited:

Brinzy

NNID
Brinzy
ummm Rizen he was clearly onto something

if you Falcon Punched into Nayru's invincibility, how would YOU feel?

OP ass zelda players need to learn their place

Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I've met a few of those kinds of people online before. I'll just say that it's all the more satisfying 2 stocking them again. =P

Brinzy

NNID
Brinzy
They always leave on me though. Usually I just have to play someone I'm terrible with to keep most players around. Good ones are rare.

Speaking of, @ Macchiato Macchiato you wanna play?

EDIT: at ANYONE! you wanna play? : 3

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Have a great Saturday gorls! Will be at a Cosplay cafe the whole day as one of the helpers~ >u> <u<

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
I hibernated for two days playing Hyrule Warriors.

Sheik is so good yo.

Also, Zelda's Baton (aka Windwaker) has to be one of, if not the worst, weapon in the game. Seriously, what the heck are you supposed to do with it? All she can brag about is dainty points while sassily waving the wand.

Top Bottom