• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

The more I tinker with customs, the more I wonder if customs are seriously going to stay legal in the long run

I think it will stay for as long as no one abuses the stupid jank customs bring but idk

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
@People voting for Peach for the next MU discussion

You guys have no idea at what you're getting in. The match up isn't bad at all imo, and I think the discussion will go fine, for as long as there aren't any disagreements which there will be.

SO... um... Think twice about the character your voting for.
I'm not sure where on SmashBoards you think you are but this is probably in the wrong place js

Also Power Vision is fun. Once I Forward Power Vision a Sheik's bair from offstage and it stage spiked at 40%

I'm not sure where on SmashBoards you think you are but this is probably in the wrong place js
Nope. I posted it in the right place where I intended it, because I was referring to @ S.F.L.R_9 S.F.L.R_9

Plus, none of the Peach players are curious enough to go here so I can post my inner thoughts in this thread

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Speaking of customs, does Phantom Strike semispike? I semispiked Dan with it but idk if it was cuz of how he DI'd. If it actually semispikes that's pretty interesting.
Nope. I posted it in the right place where I intended it, because I was referring to @ S.F.L.R_9 S.F.L.R_9

Plus, none of the Peach players are curious enough to go here so I can post my inner thoughts in this thread
Well...what are these disagreements that you're talking about? I'm not aware of anything; I just wanted to talk about the Peach mu.

Well...what are these disagreements that you're talking about? I'm not aware of anything; I just wanted to talk about the Peach mu.
I meant, there will be. I'm just talking about one particular user. Please don't name search or name tag him

One of my personal criteria for selecting an MU to discuss is: Is there anyone in the said boards that you should worry about?

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I meant, there will be. I'm just talking about one particular user. Please don't name search or name tag him

One of my personal criteria for selecting an MU to discuss is: Is there anyone in the said boards that you should worry about?
Ohh alright I see. Sorry about that then. I'm not sure who else I would vote for, but I'll change my post in the MU thread.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
What I wanted to do:

What the game thought I wanted to do (yes I flew in a straight path):

What the opponent/game wanted to and got to do:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

Heh, I just take requests which often ends up as MUs that are difficult for Falco, unfamiliar for Falco, or even difficult for the opposing MU like when a ROB player requested ROB. The rest are randomly chosen like Zelda, reference chosen like Luigi will be #22, or popular characters like Captain Falcon.

I have finally reached the replay limit.

Now I'll have to slow and painfully clean up my replays.
At least you can upload them, mine end up there and dead with each update. :sadeyes:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'm still against custom moves as the standard. They complicate running events too much and make each game longer. Within the game it gets too complicated too; ban which moves on which characters? Some customs work for this MU but not that MU. Etc.

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
It lasts

That's all we need to know
Am I the only one who chuckled at this?
It's hilarious to hear it from Machi himself that each character he "mains" is more like a flavor of the month xD
No offense intended though, I think it's good cuz he will have some form of match up knowledge for like, almost the entire friggin roster

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
The more I tinker with customs, the more I wonder if customs are seriously going to stay legal in the long run

I think it will stay for as long as no one abuses the stupid jank customs bring but idk
Except everyone will abuse them :p. From what I'm seeing custom Sm4sh is kinda like Brawl minus but "official."

Last edited:

Fujenn

Banned via Warnings
4 mods posting in this thread within ONE page....

This accounT wont last long.

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
I would tell you if the game kept track of the number.

No way I'm gonna count them one by one =P
Fair enough. That's a small thing that maybe they should implement in the future; a count for replays.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Except everyone will abuse them :p. From what I'm seeing custom Sm4sh is kinda like Brawl minus but "official."
^This. A large part of the competitive metagame is taking full advantage of exploits. IMO OP customs will be heavily exploited and it will open up a whole other bag of cats.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I'm finding the Crescent Slash hype for Lucina amusing

because it's her one custom that gives her a tipper and functions just like Marth's

drooling over the leftovers of a better character :^)

Speaking of customs, does Phantom Strike semispike? I semispiked Dan with it but idk if it was cuz of how he DI'd. If it actually semispikes that's pretty interesting.
0° angle on uncharged, 20° on partial charge, 30° on full charge

It's also weight-based knockback, so they fly the same distance always.

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Oh so Lucina's Crescent Slash also has a tipper? I was wondering about that.

Also I don't really think the so called OP customs will be that bad for long. People will adapt to it and eventually they won't be as much of a problem, like they did with Lucario.

Besides so far I only see Timber Counter and Power Vision as being that bad.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Speaking of timber counter, whats that moves downside?
Is it just the fact that the tree falling does less damage?
It seems like a really good stage control tool.
The normal tree's axe is a frame 6, air usable, B-reversable, disjointed kill move around 100%

Timber Counter's doesn't kill until like 250%

Also the tree itself only has 15 HP if I heard right, people only use it for the sapling though because it's an immobile banana

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
He absolutely stomped me lol

I actually won the majority of Rosalina matches, but my MK got 2 stocked every time and Lucario wasn't much better. I'm perfectly okay with it, I was just talking yesterday about how I should be focusing Rosalina and I'm glad he got me to do that instead of just straight-up leaving or something, those were the best sets I've played to date.

I played a really scrubby Pally before the Wario/Falco guy (used lots of tilts and dsmash) and actually nearly lost with my Lucario. So hard to tell if I just need to change things up or if I'm actually hopeless with the character. I feel like I don't use my shield anywhere near as much with Lucario as I do with Rosalina though, and I tend to throw out a lot of unsafe things I think, or just pick the wrong moves for the wrong situations.

Though speaking of safe things, holy cow that bair with aura
I say if you want to use a character, keep at it. That was basically me with Ganon in Brawl. I only started using him because Thunderstomping was the coolest thing ever (chaining two at 0% for 44% is the best). Over time he became one of my best characters. ROB was a character that I wanted to use, but IIRC it was quite an adjustment. Learning ROB is probably what got me to use tilts more. It's why I'm not giving up on Villager (plus I've gotten compliments on it so eh). I mean, if you want to drop them, do so. But I'd continue to work on them if you really want to use them. And just because you lose to a specific strategy that is bad on Wi-Fi doesn't make you a bad player.

Related to Brawl Ganon, who knows about his super jump technique? :lick:

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
I have a friend who would mess around with Wolf's Shine with me, and he'd also try so hard to perform double FoGs. Most of the time I'd send us to Target Test because come on, that stage was hella fun.

@Bluekandy come say hi \o/

and woof.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I'm actually not using it. I prefer 3113. However, Crescent Slash is good and it has it's strong points but I still prefer Dolphin Slash.
I was mainly taking a jab at Macchiato drooling over how good the move was and saying it made Lucina amazing. I'd probably run 3123 if I played Marcina myself, but I can see where the vertical recovery of Dolphin Slash would be preferred.

I say if you want to use a character, keep at it. That was basically me with Ganon in Brawl. I only started using him because Thunderstomping was the coolest thing ever (chaining two at 0% for 44% is the best). Over time he became one of my best characters. ROB was a character that I wanted to use, but IIRC it was quite an adjustment. Learning ROB is probably what got me to use tilts more. It's why I'm not giving up on Villager (plus I've gotten compliments on it so eh). I mean, if you want to drop them, do so. But I'd continue to work on them if you really want to use them. And just because you lose to a specific strategy that is bad on Wi-Fi doesn't make you a bad player.

Related to Brawl Ganon, who knows about his super jump technique? :lick:
I find it kind of funny that this post is happening after I came off another wifi session with Lucario/MK and felt confident that I was ready to drop both hard.

Might study up on Luc more still idk, there's a very good chance I'm just playing the neutral poorly with him but I feel like his slow startup on everything, bleh range, and double bleh run speed + high traction really holds him back and makes him feel clunky. I think MK's cool but he very clearly doesn't work for me, and I've been trying to make him work for me pretty much since release off and on so eh. Other people'll take the reigns, I bought the game for Rosalina in the first place anyway, no point in going shoeshopping when the glass slipper's already a perfect fit.

what the christ is this emote
jesus

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572

UU Showld ALWEYs Wori bout ME! I spell Zelda with 3 S's and an A!

D

Deleted member

I have a friend who would mess around with Wolf's Shine with me, and he'd also try so hard to perform double FoGs. Most of the time I'd send us to Target Test because come on, that stage was hella fun.

@Bluekandy come say hi \o/

and woof.
TWI.

NO.

NOT KANDY.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Might study up on Luc more still idk, there's a very good chance I'm just playing the neutral poorly with him but I feel like his slow startup on everything, bleh range, and double bleh run speed + high traction really holds him back and makes him feel clunky.
I've only fought one Lucario who I made the character look good. And so now I'm playing Lucario on For Glory to try and emulate him.

His walk speed is really good, and his skid is pretty quick (reminiscent of Zelda) allowing him to make small adjustments and bait pretty well.

Oh wow. High aura aura-sphere charge on the edge is OP AF.

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Running Animation Tier List (An incomplete list):

High Tier: :bowser2:

Mid Tier:

Low Tier: :4lucario::4zelda:

Top Bottom