• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
@ SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4

Lol 5 characters at 1st place
BIG D IS JUST THAT GOOD IN THE GAME. He didn't even need to use his true main Dedede to completely body all of us. :/

Oh, and he also used Zelda in the tourney, but the bracket thing forgot about that, almost as if we are irrelevant.

post it in the tourney results thread
I might, but it's not really a formal tourney, and I didn't do so good anywho, haha.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Doesn't he think Zelda's the worst...
Correction, worst of the "not bad but not good" tier. He's more optimistic than us. XD

It didn't help that in the tourney, Big D 3-stocked a guy twice with Zelda, and that guy so happened to believe that Zelda is high tier in the game, and losing to Big D strengthen his case. I tried to argue against him but LOL he's like "Zelda is too good she 3-stocked me hurr durr". But his case was so weak afterwards--

MFW

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Does anyone want to wifi and give me tips on my Zelda? I think she's coming along alright, even against people who know to shield.

Also, I think Mega Man might be a candidate for the worst character. His DPS is god awful and has no stage control tools.

Furthermore, @ Fernosaur Fernosaur is standing me up. And I don't appreciate it.

Last edited:

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
xSoul, the only Pikachu main here, and you sisters confirm or deny. :p
:c

In other news, we had our third snowstorm in like. A month's time. Maybe not even that, there's been a lot of snow these past few weeks. Tfw you're just glad you made it home alive when you made the stupid decision to go to work when it was going to snow.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Does anyone want to wifi and give me tips on my Zelda? I think she's coming along alright, even against people who know to shield.

Also, I think Mega Man might be a candidate for the worst character. His DPS is god awful and has no stage control tools.

Furthermore, @ Fernosaur Fernosaur is standing me up. And I don't appreciate it.
i'm free to play lol

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
That's the equivalent of saying "Diddy's fair isn't an approach option because Zelda can shield it"
It's also the equivalent of saying, "Falco sucks now because he can't chaingrab". No ****, nobody can chaingrab and with your logic, everyone sucks. The defining things about Falco were apparently: chaingrabs, short hop double laser aka laser spamming, and his Dair. Seriously, everything else is considered irrelevant, but then again, we're dealing with people and you know how people can be. What happened to Falco's Bair in Melee and Brawl that could be used like a sex kick and a kill move, but is not a serious kill move? Or that Fair actually works in SSB4? How about the fact that Falco actually keeps a strong ground game? Oh well.

So... Palutena's Jab to Dtilt or any other tilt isn't that useful or possible? Or Sheik's Jab 2 to tilts? Eh, I'm just curious about it. The hit confirm thing with Luigi's Jab 2 to Super Punch Jump, though. I might have seen it done before, but I don't remember.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
tier lists don't take into account personal chemistry or enjoyment of the character
So then I started thinking, "what if they did?"

I guess this is mine lol

A: :rosalina:
B: :4metaknight::4greninja:
--------------------------- Line of viability ---------------------------
C: :4palutena::4dedede:
D: :4lucario:
D-: :4ganondorf:
F: :4zelda::4sheik::4luigi::4yoshi::4jigglypuff::4darkpit::4pit:
F-: :4zss::4pikachu::4fox::4ness::4megaman::4peach::4falcon::4mario::4pacman::4olimar::4rob::4shulk::4wario::4tlink::4villagerf::4duckhunt::4dk::4myfriends::4robinf::4charizard::4drmario::4littlemac::4falco::4link::4bowser::4kirby::4wiifit::4roy::4marth::4gaw::4samus::4lucina::4diddy::4sonic:

I know I've said Dedede's my best character before, but after fighting other Dededes online I really think it's only because lag makes him at least ten times better than he really is, and I'm hella rusty with him (and probably Greninja tbh) now anyway.

So... Palutena's Jab to Dtilt or any other tilt isn't that useful or possible? Or Sheik's Jab 2 to tilts? Eh, I'm just curious about it. The hit confirm thing with Luigi's Jab 2 to Super Punch Jump, though. I might have seen it done before, but I don't remember.
All three of Palutena's tilts are laggy and unrewarding, if you're cancelling her jab1 it's either going to be into grab, another jab1, or usmash/fsmash. Jab cancel into ftilt/dtilt is a thing I've seen for Sheik, but I'm unsure of what the reward is for that compared to jab>grab (probably better with ftilt tbh).

EDIT: I should actually mess with Palutena jab1>dsmash after I get done QR coding Pokemon, I'm unsure what the hitboxes look like/if they're going to connect in a useful manner, but it is a frame faster than her other smashes so...

EDIT Harder: I also just had an idea pertaining to customs Sheik that I should probably test and then run by the Sheik boards if it pans out...

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur

Noooooooooo, I'm here now!

I'M ONLY 15 MINUTES LATE THIS ISN'T FAIR ;_;

I'll just hang around the waiting room with a sad dog face.

Or maybe I could add Jigglyzelda and enter :p

Soul.

lol I was looking at the previous page and...
uh, I guess Pikachu could bait Zelda's neutral B to Quick Attack? idk

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
All three of Palutena's tilts are laggy and unrewarding, if you're cancelling her jab1 it's either going to be into grab, another jab1, or usmash/fsmash. Jab cancel into ftilt/dtilt is a thing I've seen for Sheik, but I'm unsure of what the reward is for that compared to jab>grab (probably better with ftilt tbh).

EDIT: I should actually mess with Palutena jab1>dsmash after I get done QR coding Pokemon, I'm unsure what the hitboxes look like/if they're going to connect in a useful manner, but it is a frame faster than her other smashes so...
Hmm, I don't know, maybe as a mix up, but even then... Oh, how about shield damage? Her tilts do more damage to shield, right? Then again, it might be risky unless Pally knows the shield will break or something. Or perhaps a bait where it looks like she's attacking to her front, so someone jumps and Pally Utilts. I don't know honestly.

Pally's Down Smash is annoying with lag. How long does it last, since if it seems to last a short time which means someone could just roll into it and be fine with lag... Oh, and Triple D and lag makes it feel much worse to play as him. Lag in general is a *****.

For Sheik, I think doing a tilt out of Jab is like doing a pseudo-Gentleman. While Jab to Ftilt might work as hit confirm if someone really needs to do that. Oh, and it looks cool. :)

I seriously have no idea what her Utilt should be used for which is why I tried doing Utilt out of Jab, but yeah, no horizontal range with the first hit.

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
The worst part about the Diddy match-up isn't even his grab shenanigans (those are still bad though) in my opinion. Dealing with his forward air as Zelda, however, is one of the most frustrating experiences I've had with Sm4sh.

And I'm absolutely dreading the day Olimar becomes popular. :(

Also @ Fernosaur Fernosaur because you loved that ANALBLEACH tag so much, I thought of you just now when I saw this http://ruinedchildhood.tumblr.com/post/112825030964
Hahahahaha, that tumblr post is hilarious. I am glad to be remembered by things such as bleached anuses. Classy as myself.

Also, yeah, the day Olimar becomes popular, that's the end for Zelda. I also think Olimar doesn't have a learning curve as steep as it was in Brawl because of his less randomized mechanics. I still don't think he's easy to master, but he's definitely not as micromanage-heavy as he was in Brawl.

This in general is really bad news for Zelda :'D

And you're right about Diddy's fair. And thanks to Zero's games in APEX, the usage of fair walls is probably gonna become standard meta for Diddy regardless of players :/

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Even if Olimar get popular, I do not think that the MU will be NEARLY as bad as it was in Brawl. Sure, he still outzones us like crazy and makes our approach game non-existent, but Olimar has to be more careful with walloping his pikmin randomly. If used incorrectly, Zelda can punish any ending lag he has with his aerials. His recovery is easy to an extent for Zelda to handle. And don't forget OoS Farore's Wind against his moves which are laggier in general and Nayru's that can reflect stuff.

I mean, make no mistake it's a BAD MU, but it's far from her worst IMO.

On the other hand.... :4zss:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Quick question. Should I pick Will-o-Wisp or Taunt to fill a last move slot?

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
My guess that you're using a :094:? Might also be Mega Sableye though.

Gengar I think Taunt might be better because he's faster and such. Mega Sableye definitely wants Will-o-wisp, but normal variants may want both?

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
That's kind of hard to just say with the information given.

Short answer: I liked Taunt on M-Garde over Will-o-Wisp when I played on simulator, though I'm going to try WoW on cart again first.

Less short answer: I would take WoW if you don't have any other source of burn on the team, and especially if it's a poke that your opponent is likely to have physical attackers switched into. I would take Taunt if you're concerned about things trying to set up on you or cripple you with status, or supporting walls switching into you, such as Chansey or Sableye.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
My guess that you're using a :094:? Might also be Mega Sableye though.

Gengar I think Taunt might be better because he's faster and such. Mega Sableye definitely wants Will-o-wisp, but normal variants may want both?
No actually for Talonflame.

Current moves: Brave Bird, Quick Guard, Tailwind.

I'm over Smogon singles... gonna build a VCG 2015 team. Maybe Protect?

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Guys, I think I found my true secondary.

:4pit:

He's working so well for me my god.
I don't know why, but Pit and Greninja would make for a goofy pair of friends. They're dorky to me.

Cool, fan art of the two fighting together. All credit goes to RacecarArt.

Anyway, Pit is seriously a jack of all trades character to me and someone who can introduce a lot of concepts and mechanics. He has tippers, a spike, super armor, rapid and Gentleman Jabs, multi-jumping, comboing, pummeling, a reflect, and a projectile. He's like the easy to play, but difficult to master. A good Pit is one dangerous Pit.

Last edited:

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Guys guys I just discovered the best character ever

Ready for this?

You ready?

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084

WELL I WASN'T EVEN CLOSE.

I have really little Doubles experience, but my guess is that Taunt might work out for you better in general, considering all the set-up that happens. But wouldn't it be a great feeling to be able to burn a :248: on the switch? Probably as satisfying as getting Zelda's elevator to kill. :p

Still leaning towards Taunt, but if you don't find it working out, you can switch to WoW.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny

Oh, doubles.

I'm heavily inclined to say Taunt for the reasons SBphiloz4 already gave then, but if you already have other pokes supplying Taunt and lack burn sources then I'd take WoW.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I'm actually very puzzled right now since team building seems so much harder for doubles.

Really want to use Gothitelle but not sure if it's even worth it outside of Perish Trap.

Decided on WoW because Quick Guard seems a half-decent substitute for Taunt.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
I am on a 15 game win streak in For Glory with D3 because I just hold down B until they hit Counter and kill them

Oh my god where have you been all my life
Really want to use Gothitelle but not sure if it's even worth it outside of Perish Trap.
I think it dies too fast despite its tankiness in most doubles matches.

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I don't know why, but Pit and Greninja would make for a goofy pair of friends. They're dorky to me.

Cool, fan art of the two fighting together. All credit goes to RacecarArt.

Anyway, Pit is seriously a jack of all trades character to me and someone who can introduce a lot of concepts and mechanics. He has tippers, a spike, super armor, rapid and Gentleman Jabs, multi-jumping, comboing, pummeling, a reflect, and a projectile. He's like the easy to play, but difficult to master. A good Pit is one dangerous Pit.
If Pit was a Pokémon Trainer I can imagine him squeeing over cooler mons such as Greninja and being a total dork. So yeah I can see why they would make a good pair.

I just started playing with him but I'm already liking him a lot. I just need to learn how to control his arrows better, they're a lot different from Brawl.

Top Bottom