• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
GGs @ Locke 06 Locke 06 them random Dins SDs lol

@ Fernosaur Fernosaur we'll have to play sometime soon lol but i have to get ready to go to sleep for work tomorrow lol
That Halberd match was so sad. :( 2 Dins SDs in one match. And I can't believe you lived to like... 160% as Jigglypuff @_@. And then we almost timed out.

Any tips? I realized at times I went too hard with the Farore's Wind mindgames (not to mention how little control I have over the move in the first place).

Fernosaur, how long are you gonna stay up?

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
That Halberd match was so sad. :( 2 Dins SDs in one match. And I can't believe you lived to like... 160% as Jigglypuff @_@. And then we almost timed out.

Any tips? I realized at times I went too hard with the Farore's Wind mindgames (not to mention how little control I have over the move in the first place).

For like 3 or 4 hours still :p. I got up very late today and had dinner recently, hahaha. I'm online if you wanna hang out.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
San and Pat's Ike, though! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siN2YWr_4ZI.

I just noticed that the three characters I play the most combo with strong attacks and are generally slower than everyone else in the game.
Oh lordy that pivot ftilt at 0:43, having an ftilt that kills is pretty cool...and I think Ike's ftilt is safe spaced? Might be remembering wrong.
2:27 didn't know Aether's superarmor ended before the apex.
...I'll have to rewatch this later, I'm having a hard time focusing right now but I definitely need to take notes from this. Glad to finally see some footage of san's Ike though.

I would kill to be good at Ike.
You aren't the only one, I love Ike in this game but I can't play him worth a damn.

Last edited:

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero

my poor duck hunt, i wish i could drop his UpB after a while or pick a direction Zelda scary as Duck Hunt.

lol i didn't even realize time was running out until it said 5! and you died. but i actually learned why i lost to Framerates jiggly and what i can do better when fighting it next time. jiggly dies to Utilt at like 110 so i was trying to work on my super careful game. jiggly can live long time O.O

other than some Faroes fishing lol i think you've got her down pact, i got nothing.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
THIS IKE IMPREGNATED ME OMG IT'S SO GODLIKE.

*adds :4myfriends:to the underrated list*
Meanwhile, @Macchiato's tier list. :p

There was aMSa's Greninja, that one Shulk someone linked, Dark.Pch's Peach, Zex's Sheik which is insane, the Japanese Falco, and San's Ike. I don't know about Ganondorf, but I have heard about Gungir.

They're all aggressive in a sense that they can shut people down hard. ZeRo's Diddy shuts people down because he punishes everything they do, so it's cool, but not as awesome as watching the others.

Also, note this.
San's Ike looking really really good.

I really want to use more down tilt in my play, and this gives me a lot of good ideas.

Also that quick draw AC up tilt. Never seen THAT before.
Quickdraw AC Utilt. I don't know what AC means, but Quickdraw AC Utilt, huh?

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
my poor duck hunt, i wish i could drop his UpB after a while or pick a direction Zelda scary as Duck Hunt.

lol i didn't even realize time was running out until it said 5! and you died. but i actually learned why i lost to Framerates jiggly and what i can do better when fighting it next time. jiggly dies to Utilt at like 110 so i was trying to work on my super careful game. jiggly can live long time O.O

other than some Faroes fishing lol i think you've got her down pact, i got nothing.
I didn't notice the time either! I started jabbing, because the disjoint beats out a lot of stuff, but I wish it was faster to stop your grabs. You started playing around it and I didn't really have anything in response. I guess utilt would've been good to use.

That makes me pretty happy. It's been like... under 2 weeks with Zelda. She feels good to play. :D

@ Fernosaur Fernosaur - ROOOOOM'S UP!

Edit: Oh, and Duck Hunt. :'( Yeah. I play against Duck Hunt a lot and that recovery... Le sad.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Also, note this.

Quickdraw AC Utilt. I don't know what AC means, but Quickdraw AC Utilt, huh?
Meaning aerial Quick Draw autocancel into utilt, though it's somewhat erroneous as Quick Draw doesn't autocancel, or even have real landing lag; it completes its ending lag while transitioning from air to ground, which results in it looking like different amounts of landing lag at different heights.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
It means it's an air conditioned utilt.
That's what I'm going to call it when I setup my utilt with air shooters.

Oh, Castle Siege. How I do enjoy your stage transitions.

Edit: let me know if you want me to play Mega or Zelda. I'm gonna play Zelda because she's more fun right now.

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
@ McKnightlíght McKnightlíght like this?

I was also looking at MKX gameplay and I thought Zelda could do with an x-ray attack.
This is beautiful, I wish I knew how to save gifs from my phone :/

I'm starting to think Ike goes 100:0 with all the characters. Not a one of these lvl 8 computers has bested me!

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
I'm having tons of trouble with input delay man :/ It's hard to even jump so I'm having a tough time playing at all. Dunno if you wanna keep at it.

It wasn't like that at first but the last few matches I've been struggling a lot with it. I'm having like a 20 or 30 frame delay on my ****.

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Oh weird. I'm not getting anything outside of very rare spikes. Maybe you host? I don't know if that would help...

lol that's awful. I'm sorry, buddy. :( Could be me... we can try again another time if it doesn't clear up.

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Dunno what's up. I never understand how this online delay **** works. I just made a ping test but I'm not losing any packets. Let me see if it's not as bad if I host.

Or you can play For Glory if you want, hahahaha.

Last edited:

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Well here's the 2.5th best Brawl Zelda playing Smash 4 Zelda.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sam29SPeFyI
About what I expected.

I actually was extremely frustrated tonight. I won a vast majority of my games but nearly all my losses came when I played Zelda. I think I still had a winning record with her tonight, but it was rough. I had trouble with a Dark Pit in particular who kept winning against me. This Dark Pit was predictable, but I couldn't grab him out of some of the things he did and I simply could not do anything except decay my Dsmash/dtilt on him. I don't think he was godly, but I do think he was a better player than me.

Many other players would beat my Zelda and then get two-stocked by my anything else. One guy kept taunting with his Ganon when he'd kill me so I just switched permanently against him and never lost to him again. Another guy lost to my Zelda a few times then beat me once, so I switched to D3 - a character I have never played outside of Classic and All-Star - and completely bodied him the next fifteen games. FIFTEEN.

Sure, it's possible, and even probable, that I just suck. But how do I struggle against players as Zelda and then turn around and play other characters - one that I have never even played before tonight - and completely smash them? It frustrates me to no end.

Watching videos like those is what I expect a top tier vs. Zelda to look like, but it doesn't keep my stomach from turning nor keep me from feeling really sad.

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
That was cool man. I actually figured out what was giving me input delay. Turns out my Wii-Mote was running super low on battery, so by the third or so match from our second try I replaed them and it was back to regular wifi delay. (At least I think it was that, it had honestly never happened before but the classic pro works in weird ways sometimes).

Man, I need to remember that Mii Brawler sucks off stage :'D

I'd like to play you more in the future. I still haven't quite gotten the gist of the MegaMan MU in general so getting used to the lemon walls is gonna take a while. I also don't think any of my characters has a proper good MU against the tin can man :C

Oh btw sorry for interrupting the match in Norfair. My eyes were melting from the bright red lava in my TV @_@.

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Yeah, I saw you run off DAir a lot and each time you did it, I felt bad.

Whenever I have a room up, feel free to jump in. The lemon wall is real. Lol. I think using a smaller Mii Brawler against Mega is probably better so that you can get in more, but I liked whatever height/weight ratio you had. Tiny mii brawler has t-rex arms and legs, but yours you could actually space stuff on shield, which is nice. Made for a different experience than I was used to.

But yeah. I have mega man winning against Zelda, villager, Ness, and Brawler. Although I really liked your Ness! Ledge drop > uair was something I hadn't seen before and caught me completely by surprise.

Fun games for sure (especially the Kalos one. I need to play that stage more often for fun).

Edit: don't worry about Norfair. I'm surprised you stayed up so late today after staying up late yesterday. ^_^

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Yeah I honestly don't think Zelda can do much, if at all, against Mega Man. If she can, f*ck, someone tell me!! Hahaha. It was impossible to do anything against the lemon wall with her, and they don't give you time to put a phantom in front of you. On top of that, Nayru's is super punishable, ofc, because the lemons don't have enough hit stun to make reflecting them worth it. I now personally think it's one of her worst MUs, or at least it was for me :/

I definitely need to play people over here more. That was like the third time I've used Brawler ever (thanks, FG) so I bet you can tell I don't really know what the hell I am doing with him. As for the Mii's stats, I think he's just mid sized with mid height, but I'm honestly not sure. I do have him with some equipment set, but mostly for defense. I'm gonna make the same Mii a 100% clean version to try and see how well he fares.

And oh god f*ck Kalos, man. When the center of the stage disappeared and literally drained me off existence I was like "are you anal bleaching me?!" Hahaha. But at least you got carried over by the raising platform so IT'S OKAY I GUESS, hahaha.

And don't worry about me staying up late, I'm a free-lancer so I don't have to get up early ever :p.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I hate to say it guys, but I think Lucario has a low tier running animation :(

Running Animatiom Tier List (incomplete):

High Tier:
Mid Tier:
Low Tier::4lucario::4zelda:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
GORLS

I invited my friend @ Zeito Zeito over here because he only has 3DS Smash and he can't play with many people online. I only have a Wii U, so :(...

He's here to see if some of you 3DS owning gorls would like to play with him some in the future, but also just to hang out and chill with the sisters.

Be nice to him, or I'll break your fingers one by one and then cut off your eye lids c:

Zeito

Smash Rookie
I... uhm.. Hi ♥

Hopefully my internet will alow me to play with the normal internet delay because my first game was like we need to cancel when the count finished...

Hope we can have fun together and yeah! I'll go hide under my rock again while I finish filling my details on my profile! :)

Oh its my Birthday today so yaay! c:

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!
Sorry I wanted to see what Fernosaur would do. Happy birthday.
Brb going to Colorado. Got my scalpel and my hammer all packed up you motherf*cker. :happysheep:

Zeito

Smash Rookie
Brb going to Colorado. Got my scalpel and my hammer all packed up you motherf*cker. :happysheep:
I'm just glad he really guessed that my mother is a hamster. I would be very pissed if you said Guinea Pig!

Bring me some Cheetos and Eggo Waffles from Colorado ♥ and remember to take pics with your ce-oh nevermind~

Top Bottom