• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Late but Falcon is only fun to fight of he's willing to goYOLO and rush you down. Those that just wait then rush in and dash grab are extremely boring (and frustrating).

Soul.

Late but Falcon is only fun to fight of he's willing to goYOLO and rush you down. Those that just wait then rush in and dash grab are extremely boring (and frustrating).
For Glory Falcon mains in a nutshell

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
GGs @ evmaxy54 evmaxy54 that was fun hahaha. So any wii fit advice? also, any new thoughts on rejection?
GGs :)

I'm honestly not too sure tbh I've never played against custom WFT so...

Rejection seems to be like Passion IMO, just screams Trolololol. That being said the endlag seems shorter than Love? IDK

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
GGs :)

I'm honestly not too sure tbh I've never played against custom WFT so...

Rejection seems to be like Passion IMO, just screams Trolololol. That being said the endlag seems shorter than Love? IDK
But yew saw how it got me some free grabs right? It also just avoided samus' dsmash while hitting. I think its the most interesting custom imo. I alone will advance Rejection.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Heres everything about rejection atm

Nayru's Rejection
Thanks to wonderful new information found by @ 「 Derk 」 「 Derk 」 and complemented by @BJN39, we have found possible new uses for this custom move. Nayru's Rejection has a unique windbox and also has more intangibility than Nayru's Love.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Possible Applications
Nayru's Rejection is Zelda's second Side-B special. It substitutes Nayru's Rejection speed with a bunch of potential follow-ups, and adds a cape effect. Due to the low knockback, it enables Zelda to get free grab combos. It also is a free reset to neutral. It also can help Zelda create opportunities due to the cape effect able to make opponents moves whiff.
It is not a substitute for a oos option. It is used as a kill or combo set up. Due to its slower frame data, it isn't usable as a oos option.
Frame Stuff

Starting frames of Nayru's Rejection.
First frame of intangibility. She gains intangibility when she extends her leg back.
Reflector actually acts like a reflector now! Pretty sure intangible frames end at this point.
Its intangibility is about 5 frames longer than Nayru's Love making it an interesting approach or counter. For example sometimes if a character is about to throw out a smash, if Zelda throws out Rejection at the right time. She will avoid the smash while still getting the hit in.
Windbox
It has a very weird windbox, sometimes when it whiffs. The windbox will push your opponent away so you'll be safe.
In some multihitting moves, if you already throw out a Rejection and they hit you have the intangibility frames. It might pop out of the move. Like Zelda's Jab for example.
Also if you Love jump, Love boost, or stand on a moving platform, the windbox and crystal will separate. That needs more testing.
Other
If timed right it will avoid some moves like rest or the K.O Punch. This could be useful but needs more testing

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
Some little **** on FG told me to "GO OUT" "GET BETTER" after he beat my Zelda twice out of 4 matches using Sheik lmfao

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
So I just realized the thing I said about short hopping a nair was missing an important detail, lol.

I forgot to mention that you have to airdodge to always get the single hit. What I said in the OG post didn't even make sense, haha.

OG post
EDIT: So just found out that if you short hop a nair you always get the first hit of nair that pops them up a bit for an utilt, elevator, usmash, even Nayru's. Probably only works on taller characters, and even then it sometimes whiffs for some reason. But good to know that we now have another way of setting up the elevator and other moves. METAGAME DEVELOPMENT HERE WE COME

EDIT 2: I feel like this could be a great way to set up usmash KOs at kill %, since the only way to get out is by jumping, which gives us a slight advantage in catching a landing option.

chadmoney

Smash Rookie
Ummm it's a conversation not a thread, only the few people yew invited can see it.
yeah I just checked sorry, my bad. I haven't been on smashboards that long so I might not know how to do proper posts. I'll try to do better posts and which should go where.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Somehow I'm doing a lot of Running Shadow Sneak by pure accident. It's not been very useful either since I'm not usually expecting it.

By the way I just gimped a Captain Falcon with Greninja's jab, it's so great to do stuff like that.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Who all knew that when you select a character on the char select screen, their eye does a glowy sparkle thing?

I didn't and now I can't unsee it.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
It does that when you fully charge chargeup moves too (i.e. Aura Sphere, Charge Shot)

Have fun.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
@Ffamran Would you be up for some Falco dittos? I really want to learn how to use him and I guess by playing with you, you'd be able to give me some tips to playing him.

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
Could you get pictures of Rejection when you love jump or love boost? Like when the windboxes seperate

Love Jumping Nayru's Rejection.

Regular Nayru's Rejection for comparison.
Edit: I wonder if that is just a graphic error or if the windbox actually shifts away from Nayru's Rejection. I didn't know it did that until you asked me to take pictures. Pretty interesting.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I was out driving to pick up some groceries, and happened to notice pizza being delivered to a house.

A house that was on the same block as the Domino's it was delivered from.

man that house looks ghetto as hell how are they affording $2 delivery fees when they could just walk three houses down for carryout

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo

Love Jumping Nayru's Rejection.

Regular Nayru's Rejection for comparison.
Edit: I wonder if that is just a graphic error or if the windbox actually shifts away from Nayru's Rejection. I didn't know it did that until you asked me to take pictures. Pretty interesting.
That's why I think that the move has so much potential. Its so weird

Like seriously. I just missed a point blank shot. How I made the cue ball jump over the 8 ball... I will never know

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Yooooo that's awesome. Brawl Zelda would have never won a tournament; just goes to show we might be underrating her in this game

edit cuz I forgot to reply to this lol:
@ 「 Derk 」 「 Derk 」 @ S.F.L.R_9 S.F.L.R_9 so the windbox starts when the crystal hitbox ends
So this might be really good for edgeguarding. They either get flipped around by the crystal, or pushed by the windbox. I might do some testing w/ Rejection tomorrow night cuz I'm free then

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Last edited:
Not sure what to think. I think Zelda may be better than we think. I mean... LOOK AT GANONDORF. He was a punching bag at the competitive impressions thread and now, everyone there respects him as mid tier. It took time for players to realize that he is good in this game.

Maybe we're missing something here because by now, NJ players should know how to deal with Zelda since Nairo uses her quite frequently but he's still winning with Zelda or ranking at top 3 with her. Although, it makes sense if you say that Nairo is just a better player than almost everyone in the NJ scene but.... I don't know. Every time he wins or ranks well with Zelda, I'm thinking that we're SERIOUSLY missing something here

Top Bottom