• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Yesterday my sister asked me if I wanted to browse a used bookstore then go get coffees at a nearby cafe together. I said no, and I sincerely regret my decision; drinking coffee at a cafe sounds beyond glorious right now. The reason I declined was so that I could spend my day practicing watercolors and cleaning; I didn't do either of those things. #yolo

Also, I'm legitimately disappointed in my sisters for not @tagging me for the 500th page. We could have thrown a coffee party or something

Latte has been summoned.
We can coffee party now

I saw your post in the Character Impressions thread Macchiato

You better add an explanation about Zelda being underrated, because that post sort of qualifies as spam

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Charactercompetitivethredguide

When someone asks "what do you think of X" ignore them. Its bait they already have the post saved in drafts to counter anything anyone says about that character. Best thing to do is ignore the bait or ask them what they think first like emblem lord did to that one guy.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I saw your post in the Character Impressions thread Macchiato

You better add an explanation about Zelda being underrated, because that post sort of qualifies as spam
I'd actually say the post was fine. Sure, it's more vague than people usually are now on that MESS thread, but it's his impression, which is what the thread is about anyways, right?

If someone would LIKE an explanation as to why he thinks she's underrated they should just ask. :p

Last edited:
I'd actually say the post was fine. Sure, it's more vague than people usually are now on that MESS thread, but it's his impression, which is what the thread is about anyways, right?

If someone would LIKE an explanation as to why he thinks she's underrated they should just ask. :p
I don't know. I've seen similar posts that were infracted

Macchiato's old account (Wii Fit Bae) was infracted for the same reason iirc. Idk. Lemme check

EDIT: Wait nope. False alarm. He got infracted for double posting. I guess the post is fine

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I don't know. I've seen similar posts that were infracted

Macchiato's old account (Wii Fit Bae) was infracted for the same reason iirc. Idk. Lemme check

EDIT: Wait nope. False alarm. He got infracted for double posting. I guess the post is fine
Luckily for him, he gets away with double posting in this thread, because we are such nice gorls. :^)

Soul.

Oh no, we are going through the period(lol) where people overrate certain customs due to intense hype that they're legal.

Later down the line they'll get Lucario'd.

Greninja'd = nerfed
Lucario'd = tough when the meta was fresh out the womb, but later becomes a complete joke to some players.

I can see Shulks customs actually being hella good because people are so vocal about Ike(his rival it seems since he and Shulk are the 2 best swordsman archetypes in Sm4sh) being a complete monster with his customs. The ones that are rarely mentioned tend to be stupidly good later down the line like Pac-man,Shulk,Marth,Greninja,Fox,Ness.

Hope it becomes legal at the tournaments i go to. I always ask for custom matches to see how MK does against them but they say "i haven't unlocked them".
i agreed cus customs r haipe and it well make smesh 4 bettur then meyley! :troll:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I have almost 200 matches in the ladder and more than half of them are victories and yet Macchiato is almost at the same ranking as me =P

Latte

Smash Ace
Consumer math is so easy, but I despise it more than I despise suiciding with Din's. All of these ugly interest, loan, and insurance problems need to go away
I have almost 200 matches in the ladder and more than half of them are victories and yet Macchiato is almost at the same ranking as me =P
The Coffee Empire doesn't need matches or victories to be at the top

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Is Smashladder even a good place to level up your game? I don't want to put myself into For Glory V2. D:

In a sense, I'm like Mocha-sis, and would definitely rather fight familiar people than unfamiliar people that might beat me even though they are technically worse in skill level than me. DX

warionumbah2

Smash Master
To avoid lag on FG 2.0 check where they're from, first ladder match i ever had was plagued with heavy lag, i wanted to cry. Weather sucks major Konkey Dongs over here so no ladders for me.

Didn't know Dair OOS could combo into Nair if someone misses the tech, my MK is ascending above all ascendant saiyans!

I named my Mi "MetaKnight" and it has MK on the center of the Mii's face, anyway because of my name i get MK coloured Kirby instead of real dittos. So awkward since its like MK is beating his own son.

@ FullMoon FullMoon

^^^^^
Nothings here lol aahhhhahhhhhhahaha

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
To avoid lag on FG 2.0 check where they're from, first ladder match i ever had was plagued with heavy lag, i wanted to cry. Weather sucks major Konkey Dongs over here so no ladders for me.

Didn't know Dair OOS could combo into Nair if someone misses the tech, my MK is ascending above all ascendant saiyans!

I named my Mi "MetaKnight" and it has MK on the center of the Mii's face, anyway because of my name i get MK coloured Kirby instead of real dittos. So awkward since its like MK is beating his own son.

@ FullMoon FullMoon

^^^^^
Nothings here lol aahhhhahhhhhhahaha
Dat Hao avi :249:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Is Smashladder even a good place to level up your game? I don't want to put myself into For Glory V2. D:

In a sense, I'm like Mocha-sis, and would definitely rather fight familiar people than unfamiliar people that might beat me even though they are technically worse in skill level than me. DX
I play on the ladder a lot so I can say that ever since I started playing there I got much better at this game. The lag can be a bit of an issue especially for me since I'm from Brazil, but I don't think you should have much issue. A lot of the people I fought in there are really friendly as well as willing to give you tips to improve. I'd say you should give it a try.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
The only one I actually hate up there is customs Palutena. The rest are fine, although the only reason I enjoy watching Rosalina is because I'm always interested in how the other player responds and adapts to Luma (which is something I don't think I have down just yet).

Duck Hunt is kinda boring but eh wtv.

The characters I personally enjoy the most are PacMan, Shulk, Ness and Villager, but the later only when handled by certain players (mostly just Zeezee and Zinoto). I've gotten interested in Brawler lately because I made one and I'm curious about him, but I've found most of his videos kinda boring, probably because of the players' playstyle.

Also F*CK PALUTENA
Ironically I should actually be paying more attention to that when watching Rosa matches myself; I think Luma's easy enough to get rid of in the ditto, but I don't approach dealing with it well at all using Greninja or MK lol

Uncreative Duck Hunts are boring, but the ones that know how to utilize the can well are a joy to watch.

Do you have a legit copy of PoR?
I have PoR *and* RD :smirk:

Ooh, SL has a 3DS specific line, I should make an account therE.
Huh, maybe I should take a look at that too.

...when I get over my nerves months down the line.

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Boring characters to watch
:4sonic::4dedede::4duckhunt::rosalina::4sheik::4tlink::4diddy:(ones that rely on certain moves instead of his other janky stuff)

Boring characters to play against
:4pacman::rosalina::4sonic::4mario::4luigi::4jigglypuff::4marth::4link::4tlink::4samus::4ness:

Fun characters to watch
:4falcon::4pikachu::4wario2::4fox::4falco::4myfriends::4kirby::4metaknight::4shulk::4dk::4ganondorf::4megaman::4zss::4falcon::4falcon::4pit::4peach:

Fun characters to play against
:4falcon::4falcon::4kirby::4pit::4darkpit::4yoshi::4pikachu::4fox::4falco::4olimar::4dk::4ganondorf::4falcon::4metaknight::4myfriends:

Yes i put more than 1 Falcon.

Last edited:

Latte

Smash Ace
Boring characters to watch
:4sonic::4dedede::4duckhunt::rosalina::4sheik::4tlink::4diddy:(ones that rely on certain moves instead of his other janky stuff)

Boring characters to play against
:4pacman::rosalina::4sonic::4mario::4luigi::4jigglypuff::4marth::4link::4tlink::4samus::4ness:

Fun characters to watch
:4falcon::4pikachu::4wario2::4fox::4falco::4myfriends::4kirby::4metaknight::4shulk::4dk::4ganondorf::4megaman::4zss::4falcon::4falcon::4pit:

Fun characters to play against
:4falcon::4falcon::4kirby::4pit::4darkpit::4yoshi::4pikachu::4fox::4falco::4olimar::4dk::4ganondorf::4falcon::4metaknight::4myfriends:

Yes i put more than 1 Falcon.
Peach is really fun to watch, IMO. I think Zeldawful is fun to watch too, but I can see how watching only dthrows and nairs could get old :^)

Last edited:

Soul.

I want to see how this thread responds to this :045:
*gets popcorn
i did my best
lol xSoul said:
Kirby's edgeguard game is not better than Pikachu's lol. Kirby has what, BAir, DAir, Grounded/Meteor Stone and that's it, I think. Maybe Jumping Inhale but eh.

Pika has offstage Thunder, aerials (mostly FAir/BAir), QALC stuff, and Thunder Jolt. Yes, Kirby has multiple jumps, but half of his jumps will be wasted on trying to get back on the stage safely when Pikachu is going to sit there, wait and go for an aerial. If Kirby goes too high he's risking himself a Thunder. If he goes down he's risking himself a fast fall BAir. Thunder Jolt also works against Kirby's jumps. If he's somewhere in the middle he risks himself a FAir.

On top of that, Pika's recovery is one of the best, is hard to gimp and you need to guess in order to punish its recovery.

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Jesus I just played Duck Hunt and even though I almost won that match seemed to go on forever.

I have no experience with that MU so I probably had it worse than most, but geez.

Also, Shifting Shuriken makes the can come after you, it's kinda funny but also dangerous.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Hello and good day ladies!~
I recently found my CD from the 25th Zelda anniversary! (You know, you could get it when you bought the limited edition of Skyward Sword along with the golden Wii remote.) After 4 years of neglecting it, I'm finally listening to it. And my god.. IT'S SO GOOD!

I still need to finish Skyward Sword but that's a whole other story. :B
I actually went out of my way to get that disc with out the game

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
After thinking she was trash for the first few months of Smash 4's release (and consequently never using her), I'm beginning to really like Robin. The only qualms I have is how slow she is and that I'm 99% sure that I'm not using the Levin Sword enough.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
After thinking she was trash for the first few months of Smash 4's release (and consequently never using her), I'm beginning to really like Robin. The only qualms I have is how slow she is and that I'm 99% sure that I'm not using the Levin Sword enough.
I like how this is pretty much the inverse of how I felt about her; first few months I thought she was good but I couldn't play her well, now I'm beginning to think she's nothing special.

Liberal Levin Sword usage isn't a bad thing, it hits a lot harder than the bronze sword and respawns quickly. Plus you get a high power item with KO power once it expires (random thought, I'm not sure if I ever see Robins hold onto tomes/LS to use them OoS. Seems like a good idea considering how bleh her grab is).

@ Lavani Lavani ... Is that a Rosenkreuzstilette avatar?
It might be.

---

Almost done QR coding things on my list...pretty much just Charizard, Venusaur, Clefable, and Milotic left to go. And maybe some legendaries, if I care enough to get them (I never got into ubers so eh)

Until I remember more things I should make because I'm getting hung up on smogonmeta instead of a world with things like M-Kang, M-Gengar, M-Lucario, and Aegislash. And kinda neglecting defensive/supportive roles in what I need...I should make a defensive spikes Roserade.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
So, you can cancel the landing lag from an air dodge on the edge of platforms and stages. Was this known about yet? I noticed it earlier when playing in training mode. Also down throw true combos into Farore's Wind at around 70-110% on light characters and 90-120% on heavy characters. We have a true 7 hit combo to land Farore's Wind girls! It can be DI'd but you can easily adjust the direction to catch it if you are quick enough.
One thing to keep in mind about aerial Farore's disappear is that it sends opponents at 80 or 100 degrees instead of a flat 90 depending on how you hit them. Adjust accordingly gorls!

With the airdodge thing it just seems to cancel the landing animation when you fall off the stage. I imagine that it's the same thing that allows us to ledge cancel Farore's.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
I didn't know what that was until I Googled it
EDIT: Empty profiles make me sad.

I've been meaning to tell you that I saw the video of you fighting Dedede as WFT; I'm legitimately impressed, as I hadn't seen any good WFTs until now. u go gurl
That DDD was such a ****er. He didn't even wait until the recorder character was dead before acting. He should be ****ted upon by a mob of geese and drown in liquid turds.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Ledge cancels are a general thing for cancelling animations/end lag of whatever. You hear about it most often with things like warp upBs/Quick Attack, Wizard's Foot, etc. but it works for landing lag, rapid jabs...general rule of thumb is if it doesn't lock you from going over the ledge, you can ledge cancel it. Sheik's Bouncing Fish used to ledge cancel before 1.0.4, but now it prevents her from sliding offstage.

Oh wow and here I thought I would be the only one to know Rosenkreuzstilette even existed.

Schirach was so hard in that game. The twins had the most fun boss battle though.
Schirach was my favorite fight in RKSF I think, though Pamela and Zorne were pretty fun too. Twins actually gave me trouble for the longest time, because I was kind of slow to learn their pattern, but they weren't so bad once I got it figured out. The Freudia fight from the first game is probably my favorite though. Favorite character, unique music, interesting patterns.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Schirach was my favorite fight in RKSF I think, though Pamela and Zorne were pretty fun too. Twins actually gave me trouble for the longest time, because I was kind of slow to learn their pattern, but they weren't so bad once I got it figured out. The Freudia fight from the first game is probably my favorite though. Favorite character, unique music, interesting patterns.
I found the boss battles in the first game to be fairly boring because they just kept using the same pattern over and over. The ones in RKSF are a lot more dynamic because you have to move around a lot and they're less locked into the same pattern for the most part. I remember being destroyed by Zorne a lot in it and it was shocking to see just how much harder she was compared to the first game.

RKSF also has the best songs

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I like how this is pretty much the inverse of how I felt about her; first few months I thought she was good but I couldn't play her well, now I'm beginning to think she's nothing special.

Liberal Levin Sword usage isn't a bad thing, it hits a lot harder than the bronze sword and respawns quickly. Plus you get a high power item with KO power once it expires (random thought, I'm not sure if I ever see Robins hold onto tomes/LS to use them OoS. Seems like a good idea considering how bleh her grab is).
I still don't think she's that great, but I could see her being near the middle of the cast.

idk I have this irrational feeling that I should save LS uses, but then I never end up using the LS.
Robin's nair is amazing and I'm in love with it.

I think the best match from that tournament is this one.
You have a fan, sis!
REALLY great WFT play! WFT can actually duck under Falcon's side moves, grab, dash grab, jab combo AND Down smash, but your FFnairs were excellent. Macchiato.
Even the commentators were complimenting your WFT. gj gorl

Last edited:
Top Bottom