• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Nairo

Banned via Administration
The thing is, I really want @ Nairo Nairo to use her at evo, but I really don't see that happening tbh. He didn't use her at APEX 2015 once and I don't see that changing. No matter what Ill still respect him as a great smasher, but honestly less tournament rep will just bring her down. Right now she's the least used character not counting the miis. Unless we start getting more rep, Zeldas just gonna keep getting worse. It right now just looks like brawl again to me. Honestly our meta hasn't advanced much other than squall which requires her to lose the elevator, both of those moves get rid of a bunch of weaknesses. Either way I see her meta advancing slowly while everyone's changes more rapidly. Right now I see her as at mid but as the meta grows. Even though she wasn't litarally buffed. She's as good as brawl zelda but the mechanics make her way better. Those small mechanics buff her that much. We need to start changing her and making her better. I'm know she has potential but it's just not coming out. But seriously if we don't do something, it'll be brawl all over again. Zelda starts up as mid then drops as the meta advances
Depends on the MU lol dont see that changing as if I haven't used zelda since apex (pretty much used her to get to WFs at nebulous 2 weeks ago) and smash 4evers. EVO is obv too far to tell all that characters Ill use there but you never know.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Question Time!
: If you could, would you rather have...

LKs that have the Melee frame data, but their current hit-box scheme, or Melee hit-box scheme, with SSB4 frame data?

Keep in mind Melee kicks had EVEN BETTER frame data than Brawl's.

You can'T have both in this situation gorl.
Definitely the hit-boxes. It wouldn't be necessary to throw out a million kicks like in Melee because sweetspotting the kicks would be so simple that you'd only get one kick off to begin with. Melee kicks could still be punished on shield in this game even if there was less lag involved.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Depends on the MU lol dont see that changing as if I haven't used zelda since apex (pretty much used her to get to WFs at nebulous 2 weeks ago) and smash 4evers. EVO is obv too far to tell all that characters Ill use there but you never know.
Just know I wasn't trash talking her. It just feels like her meta is moving more slowly then everyone else's. Your basically our only rep.

Nairo

Just know I wasn't trash talking her. It just feels like her meta is moving more slowly then everyone else's. Your basically our only rep.
Yea I know what you mean but what I'm saying is that you shouldnt assume that I wont use her for sure at evo because I didnt at apex lol.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
I think Imma main PacMan now.
PacMan is awesome, I kinda wanna main him, but my boyfriend would hate me if I did.

I keep seeing you rotate between BH6 avatars and I'm just wondering if you're a hidashi shipper.

If so, eek :'D.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Yea I know what you mean but what I'm saying is that you shouldnt assume that I wont use her for sure at evo because I didnt at apex lol.
hi Nairo :p
A lot people were telling me Pit is good (they weren't really specific and just said Pit has even match ups across the board). you agree with those opinions? or do you have some set opinions of your own?

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I'm feeling like @berserker01 and constantly want to change my avatar to another waifu. I feel so dirty, cheating on all my waifus all the time smh. :^(

Wait why do I have so many fictional waifus in the first place

Better get the magic hat and papers, and the lucky waifu drawn will be my new avatar~. Maybe I should change every 100 posts to be equal to my loves. :^)

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Feerrrnnnnn gully. You wanna play? I'm relatively free tonight. :)

F*ck. I really wanna play >>, but I also really have to work on something right now.

How much time do you have left before you go to sleep or get busy again or wtv?

D

Deleted member

*hasn't been here today*

*steals page*

I DEDICATE THIS PAGE TO UH......IDK

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
F*ck. I really wanna play >>, but I also really have to work on something right now.

How much time do you have left before you go to sleep or get busy again or wtv?
Ehh, I'll probably head to bed at 11 PST. No hurry. ^_^ I have plenty to do in the meantime, and if we don't get to play tonight, there's always other days. I'm going to upload some Samus v Mega Man gameplay to show how one sided that matchup is for the Mega Man boards (Spoiler alert: It's really one sided... and I feel bad for how much effort Samus puts in to these matches and how little effort I'm putting in.). Along with like... readings for work I should be doing.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Ehh, I'll probably head to bed at 11 PST. No hurry. ^_^ I have plenty to do in the meantime, and if we don't get to play tonight, there's always other days. I'm going to upload some Samus v Mega Man gameplay to show how one sided that matchup is for the Mega Man boards (Spoiler alert: It's really one sided... and I feel bad for how much effort Samus puts in to these matches and how little effort I'm putting in.). Along with like... readings for work I should be doing.
Yeah I don't think I'll be free today until like 2 or 3 am Central oTL. Tomorrow's my final deadline so I have a lot of quality control to do still.

If I don't make it we may be able to play tomorrow or on the weekend.

Also Ferngully was such a good movie.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
My sister's in town for the weekend, so that doesn't look too likely. Tomorrow might work. Good luck on your work!

PS: Never got a chance to congratulate you on your exciting work opportunity. :)

I think the last time I saw Ferngully was when I was like... 8. And I bet most of these kids don't even know what Ferngully is.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Thanks a lot, man!!

Yeah that's around the same time I last saw that movie, but I remember the smog monster very brightly because it was scary as balls. These kids missed out on so many cool animated movies u_u

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
PacMan is awesome, I kinda wanna main him, but my boyfriend would hate me if I did.

I keep seeing you rotate between BH6 avatars and I'm just wondering if you're a hidashi shipper.

If so, eek :'D.
I am as a mattafact.
I know it freaks a lot of peeps out but I just think they're so cute togetha xD

But yeah, PacMan is sooo cool omg I just love how you can absolutely dominate stage control with Hydrant+Tramp combo it's like you get to direct where your enemy goes with obstacles.
Plus Galaga and Bell are sooo good.
And don't even get me started on the rest of his bonus Froot
Yes that's a Marina and the Diamonds reference :U

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Jab2>dtilt and jab2>grab are common strings. I'm not sure if they're guaranteed, but I don't see them escaped often. Might depend on what part of jab2 you hit them with idk. I heard jab2>dsmash praised a lot early on, but it rarely works for me; if your opponent doesn't try to jump out of jab combos it's a nice setup though. Uair is gdlk nobody can challenge it and it kills well.

Super Dedede Jump only grabs on the way up/at the apex, and only if you're facing the ledge.
Cool, but what about Jab 2 to Utilt and Ftilt? Ftilt might work as sort of a mind game since Jab 3 is similar... Eh.

As for SDJ, I was facing the ledge, but Triple D's stubby arms were just far away from the ledge for him to not grab the stupid ledge. It's like Falco's spindly fingers phasing through people's bodies while trying to grab...

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
:4pacman: and :4megaman: are the two coolest characters to watch in this game imo

I'd post my next three but then fern would be typing in big red letters :198:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Cool, but what about Jab 2 to Utilt and Ftilt? Ftilt might work as sort of a mind game since Jab 3 is similar... Eh.

As for SDJ, I was facing the ledge, but Triple D's stubby arms were just far away from the ledge for him to not grab the stupid ledge. It's like Falco's spindly fingers phasing through people's bodies while trying to grab...
Falcon shouldn't have fingers in the first place. Make him grab people with his talons!

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I...guess you could, but I don't really see a reason to use those over continuing the jab combo really. Dtilt starts really fast, does 10%, and gets them away from you. Utilt is pretty slow, ftilt is slow and less rewarding than the jab ender, so I don't see the merit but I guess they're things you can do.

Falcon shouldn't have fingers in the first place. Make him grab people with his talons!
If I wasn't really tired I'd go edit eagle talons onto Captain Falcon.

because rosalina is actually painful to watch
funny way of spelling sonic

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
because rosalina is actually painful to watch
Rosalina has to be the most boring character to watch, ever.
Unless she gettin' whooped :troll:

There are few things I enjoy more than watching a Rosalina struggle.
Oh and every time Luma dies I feel better, damn that little chicken nugget of a side kick

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I've noticed you keep typoing Captain Falcon and Falco a lot. :laugh:

With that logic, Fox shouldn't be able to grab anything with his paws, the Villager's "hand" stubs would be useless for pretty much everything, and then there's Greninja. Peach would have a hell of a time with her nails snapping off during fights. I wonder if Zelda has nails or wears nail polish. :p

Anyway, has anyone noticed that Falco's fingers are abnormal compared to the humanoid and human characters in this game? Look at Fox, Mario, Toon Link, Marth, or Mega Man's fingers. They follow the usual middle and ring fingers are the longest or for simplicity's sake, it's all even, but look at Falco's: his longest finger is his index, then middle, ring, and pinkie. It's obviously based on a bird's wing, but it'd be weird to have fingers like that and hold stuff kind of like having two thumbs per hand since most things are made for most people - right-handed scissors -, but oh well. This is what happens when you're bored. :p

Last edited:

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
I've noticed you keep typoing Captain Falcon and Falco a lot. :laugh:

With that logic, Fox shouldn't be able to grab anything with his paws, the Villager's "hand" stubs would be useless for pretty much everything, and then there's Greninja. Peach would have a hell of a time with her nails snapping off during fights. I wonder if Zelda has nails or wears nail polish. :p

Anyway, has anyone noticed that Falco's fingers are abnormal compared to the humanoid and human characters in this game? Look at Fox, Mario, Toon Link, Marth, or Mega Man's fingers. They follow the usual middle and ring fingers are the longest or for simplicity's sake, it's all even, but look at Falco's: his longest finger is his index, then middle, ring, and pinkie. It's obviously based on a bird's wing, but it'd be weird to have fingers like that and hold stuff kind of like having two thumbs per hand, but oh well. This is what happens when you're bored. :p
Gurl, you're breaking s**t down too much.
Let's get you something else to ponder on before you hurt yoself.
How about The Passion of Zelda, anyone find a use for that custom yet?

Nairo

But don't you want to win?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeWFQE5FyY8

hi Nairo :p
A lot people were telling me Pit is good (they weren't really specific and just said Pit has even match ups across the board). you agree with those opinions? or do you have some set opinions of your own?
Both Pit and Dark Pit I havent really fought a character that they can't beat(may lose a MU but not by that much) at the moment at least. So yea I guess its close to even for many MUs

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Gurl, you're breaking s**t down too much.
Let's get you something else to ponder on before you hurt yoself.
How about The Passion of Zelda, anyone find a use for that custom yet?
This is what happens when you play one character for too long! You start to notice things. Like, if I was a Marth main, I would start noticing his fabulous eyelashes. :p

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Catching up with le thread~
Favourite characters to watch: :4pacman::4peach::4zss::4metaknight:

Weird grab animations: ZELDA FREAKING DOES SOME SCISSORING ACTION TO GRAB THE OPPONENT. HOW IS THAT PARTICULAR ANIMATION ONE'S INSTINCT IF YOU WANT TO GRAB THEM AND DOMINATE THEM?
Passion of :4zelda:: Still sucks.

Favourite yaoi ship: Obvs these two bbys. MayuMiko 5ever~

Fun fact: The guy on the left was supposed to be a girl, but ended up being a dude in the manga.
The guy on the right is kinda like those males who flirts, but he actually acts like a tsundere girl a lot of the times.

In a sense, this is a heterosexual, yuri AND yaoi relationship all at once. :^)

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
I am as a mattafact.
I know it freaks a lot of peeps out but I just think they're so cute togetha xD
I honestly don't really care about incestuous ships, I just find this one in particular awkward because my little brother thinks we're a lot like the Hamadas. He's a super intelligent kid and I basically motivated him to go into college when he started getting "lost" and just hanged out and didn't care about much things (he's even majoring programming and robotics too :'D). He jokes that I even wear a black cap a lot, haha.

SO YEAH YOU CAN SEE WHY IT WOULD BE PERSONALLY AWKWARD.
:4pacman: and :4megaman: are the two coolest characters to watch in this game imo

HIT ME BRO it's not like I need reasons to fill my posts with poorly censored profanities anyways.

funny way of spelling sonic
OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Spirst

I've jumped ship to Pacman because of how much I enjoy each game I play with him. Random style trick: If you run freaky fruit with the default hydrant, you can bair the hydrant then hit it with a freaky strawberry. Freaky strawberry has the pull-in effect like shifting shuriken so if you time it with the water push, the hydrant will go flying backwards and the water will have pushed you too so you can try something like an usmash while you slide.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
@Nammy12 Please make that utilt with the joke going over Zelda. l'm in desperate need of it.

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
I honestly don't really care about incestuous ships, I just find this one in particular awkward because my little brother thinks we're a lot like the Hamadas. He's a super intelligent kid and I basically motivated him to go into college when he started getting "lost" and just hanged out and didn't care about much things (he's even majoring programming and robotics too :'D). He jokes that I even wear a black cap a lot, haha.

SO YEAH YOU CAN SEE WHY IT WOULD BE PERSONALLY AWKWARD.

I always thought Zelda's grab and pummel looked like she was tickling them with magic.
I wonder how that feels, I bet it feels like rubber bands smacking all over your body randomly.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur

I always thought Zelda's grab and pummel looked like she was tickling them with magic.
I wonder how that feels, I bet it feels like rubber bands smacking all over your body randomly.
Oh I mean I wasn't implying you should change it or anything, it just came to my mind cause I noticed your avatars xD.

Wtf is up with that chicken, though.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
funny way of spelling sonic boom
fixed
Both Pit and Dark Pit I havent really fought a character that they can't beat(may lose a MU but not by that much) at the moment at least. So yea I guess its close to even for many MUs
suppose I just need to learn my match ups better (altough for the life of me I'll probably never beat R.O.B with Pit), thanks for the input

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
Oh I mean I wasn't implying you should change it or anything, it just came to my mind cause I noticed your avatars xD.

Wtf is up with that chicken, though.
Is cool I didn't take it that way I was just kidding with you xP
I love that chicken, he's so much better than that little nugget Luma will ever be.
Hey I never congratulated you on your work thing so

Top Bottom