• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Rizen

Smash Legend
I think Zelda can win but she's still a low tier. SSB4 is less polarized than Brawl.
PS @thread: giggity.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
HIT ME BRO it's not like I need reasons to fill my posts with poorly censored profanities anyways.
If you insist!

:4pacman::4megaman::4peach::rosalina:, then the #5 slot's a highly contested cluster**** that changes by the day but is probably filled by one of :4duckhunt::4pikachu::4palutena:[customs]:4lucario: for today. I honestly enjoy watching pretty much anyone but :4diddy::4sonic: in this game, though the player behind the character matters as well.

I've jumped ship to Pacman because of how much I enjoy each game I play with him. Random style trick: If you run freaky fruit with the default hydrant, you can bair the hydrant then hit it with a freaky strawberry. Freaky strawberry has the pull-in effect like shifting shuriken so if you time it with the water push, the hydrant will go flying backwards and the water will have pushed you too so you can try something like an usmash while you slide.
As if I wasn't already learning things every time I watched a Pac-man play, I learned between you and Pacman9 tonight that I haven't even begun to grasp how deep the rabbit hole goes once customs are added to the mix.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
If you insist!

:4pacman::4megaman::4peach::rosalina:, then the #5 slot's a highly contested cluster**** that changes by the day but is probably filled by one of :4duckhunt::4pikachu::4palutena:[customs]:4lucario: for today. I honestly enjoy watching pretty much anyone but :4diddy::4sonic: in this game, though the player behind the character matters as well.

As if I wasn't already learning things every time I watched a Pac-man play, I learned between you and Pacman9 tonight that I haven't even begun to grasp how deep the rabbit hole goes once customs are added to the mix.
You don't like watching the slow decay of cancer Sonic? To me it's like watching a game of chess. Slow but still exciting.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
DAIR IS SO GOOD. @_@ FW mind games, pivot grab... Stop Zelda. You're too fun.

My favorites to watch are probably Shulk, Peach, Mega, Pacman, Marth, and Ganondorf.

Zeldas... how do you feel about the Wario matchup? Because I just used her pivot grab to grab Wario out of his bite.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
If you insist!

:4pacman::4megaman::4peach::rosalina:, then the #5 slot's a highly contested cluster**** that changes by the day but is probably filled by one of :4duckhunt::4pikachu::4palutena:[customs]:4lucario: for today. I honestly enjoy watching pretty much anyone but :4diddy::4sonic: in this game, though the player behind the character matters as well..
The only one I actually hate up there is customs Palutena. The rest are fine, although the only reason I enjoy watching Rosalina is because I'm always interested in how the other player responds and adapts to Luma (which is something I don't think I have down just yet).

Duck Hunt is kinda boring but eh wtv.

The characters I personally enjoy the most are PacMan, Shulk, Ness and Villager, but the later only when handled by certain players (mostly just Zeezee and Zinoto). I've gotten interested in Brawler lately because I made one and I'm curious about him, but I've found most of his videos kinda boring, probably because of the players' playstyle.

Also F*CK PALUTENA

My favorites to watch are probably Shulk, Peach, Mega, Pacman, Marth, and Ganondorf.

Zeldas... how do you feel about the Wario matchup? Because I just used her pivot grab to grab Wario out of his bite.
Zelda's pivot grab range has been enormous as far as I can remember. She had one of the longest reaching non-theter grabs in Brawl, though I'm not sure if it's still huge in this game.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
You don't like watching the slow decay of cancer Sonic? To me it's like watching a game of chess. Slow but still exciting.
I like watching 6WX, that's about it.

:4sonic: and :4diddy: are otherwise hand-in-hand responsible for my sharp drop in Smash 4 stream viewership.

Should've been here for 1.0.0 Zelda pivot grabs. :smirk: I'd probably be playing the character if it didn't get nerfed a week after I discovered how silly it was.

Shulk and Dorf are both great to watch. I don't get quite as hyped for Marth, but it's hard to not get hyped for underdog characters in general except Lucina.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
I think I might seriously use Zelda for the Wario matchup. Anything he does... pivot grab or disjointed jab.

Or I could use Shulk or Marcina... but I think Zelda would be more fun.

Oh, I remember the roll canceled pivot grab craziness. That was fun to watch.

The reason why I love seeing Marth is the various quick traps. Also the constant spacing is like watching a Mega Man space... except with melee attacks.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I like watching Falco fight. :seuss:

The characters I do like watching would be anyone, really, except for when they get campy, like really campy or because the matchup sort of calls for it like Mega Man vs. Villager. It's why I don't like watching Duck Hunt a lot, but sometimes, the setups are cool and sometimes watching a character just tank explosives is fun. Villager, eh, I guess I just don't like Villager fight and Little Mac depends. Personally, I like the slippery, spacing, and basically a boxing fight with Little Mac. Diddy Kong depends as well. Mew2King and ZeRo's match at Apex was fun because they and the audience had fun, but watching cookie cutter Diddy's is just annoying. When you see ZeRo's, it's more thoughtful and sometimes on the fly which is why I like watching 6wX's Sonic. Zex's Sheik is just point-on, "you're deadmeat", and aMSa's Greninja is just loads of fun. It all depends really.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Depends on the MU lol dont see that changing as if I haven't used zelda since apex (pretty much used her to get to WFs at nebulous 2 weeks ago) and smash 4evers. EVO is obv too far to tell all that characters Ill use there but you never know.
Do you know if those matches were uploaded anywhere? I need new Zelda videos to watch, lol.

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
Found a really good Shulk on for glory that caught me off guard yesterday. Was really fun playing against all the pressure he can dish out. Sadly, I only got to play their Shulk once because they switched characters but here is the video. Speed monado is no joke lol.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Found a really good Shulk on for glory that caught me off guard yesterday. Was really fun playing against all the pressure he can dish out. Sadly, I only got to play their Shulk once because they switched characters but here is the video. Speed monado is no joke lol.

I like your use of the Phantom in this MU! It looks to really help our spacing against Shulk, which is something I really struggle with in that MU.

And that bair at the end was pretty as f. I haven't actually tried a kick before like that, I usually just go for a dair.

EDIT: So just found out that if you short hop a nair you always get the first hit of nair that pops them up a bit for an utilt, elevator, usmash, even Nayru's. Probably only works on taller characters, and even then it sometimes whiffs for some reason. But good to know that we now have another way of setting up the elevator and other moves. METAGAME DEVELOPMENT HERE WE COME

EDIT 2: I feel like this could be a great way to set up usmash KOs at kill %, since the only way to get out is by jumping, which gives us a slight advantage in catching a landing option.

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I asked her to Steak n Shake and a movie (what should we watch?).

She said that she will let me know if she can. My nerves are in a weird place waiting for this answer.

/deardiary

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
I'M F*CKING DONE WITH WORK, WOHOO~!¨

For now.

**** this book. I've been working on this since November, hahaha, but I have to say it came out very pretty. I'll let you girls know when it's out in the shelves in case any of you is interested in buying it :p

She said that she will let me know if she can. My nerves are in a weird place waiting for this answer.

/deardiary
Let her choose the movie!! I have no idea what's on right now, but let her choose first and if she insists that you choose just begin listing the movies in the theatre as if you were asking her and watch her reactions to each title. That way you're sure she'll have a good time.

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I'M F*CKING DONE WITH WORK, WOHOO~!¨

For now.

**** this book. I've been working on this since November, hahaha, but I have to say it came out very pretty. I'll let you girls know when it's out in the shelves in case any of you is interested in buying it :p

Let her choose the movie!! I have no idea what's on right now, but let her choose first and if she insists that you choose just begin listing the movies in the theatre as if you were asking her and watch her reactions to each title. That way you're sure she'll have a good time.
I look at the list of movies and they all look horrible. She is really into movies, so I'm definitely going to let her pick.

I like movies too, but I like big explosions and 2 hour fight scenes.

Did I mention I was 6?

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029

/deardiary
I would give advice, but dating is REALLY not my subject, lol. Hope it goes well for you! :)

In other news I ledge trumped a Rosalina then spiked her as she regrabbed the ledge. The person left....too bad, they were a decent Rosalina, just had a bit of a rolling problem. Rosa is still evil tho

Speed Monado is 20xx for Shulk mains but I remain loyal to busterism

I have this weird love-hate relationship with Diddy. I love him because he's too good. I hate him because he's too good

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Do you have a legit copy of PoR?
borrowed it from a friend, (I actually own a legit copy of the sequel which I haven't finished my play through yet)
Edit: lemme put it this way, If Nintendo found a way for me not to A jump through hoops and B learn a new language, I used a legitimate copy of the game

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I'm jelly. I wish I would have started playing FE earlier.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I'm jelly. I wish I would have started playing FE earlier.
I wish nintendo would at least put radiant dawn on the eshop. PoR and RD got like what feels like a total of a dozen copies printed. Least we hopefully won't get the shaft anymore sense the last entry sold well

I only use Diddy at specific conditions. I lost faith in my Falco and Zelda ;_;
I look at the list of movies and they all look horrible. She is really into movies, so I'm definitely going to let her pick.

I like movies too, but I like big explosions and 2 hour fight scenes.

Did I mention I was 6?
Do that but if she wants you to pick, ask her what she wants first THEN pick a movie

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I wish nintendo would at least put radiant dawn on the eshop. PoR and RD got like what feels like a total of a dozen copies printed. Least we hopefully won't get the shaft anymore sense the last entry sold well
Also it is available digitally. I would have never found one at a store by the time I decided to get it.

MDAVE

The Flying Dutchman
NNID
GoldDiaruga
3DS FC
1048-8967-3255
Hello and good day ladies!~
I recently found my CD from the 25th Zelda anniversary! (You know, you could get it when you bought the limited edition of Skyward Sword along with the golden Wii remote.) After 4 years of neglecting it, I'm finally listening to it. And my god.. IT'S SO GOOD!

I still need to finish Skyward Sword but that's a whole other story. :B

Last edited:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Hello and good day ladies!~
I recently found my CD from the 25th Zelda anniversary! (You know, you could get it when you bought the limited edition of Skyward Sword along with the golden Wii remote.) After 4 years of neglecting it, I'm finally listening to it. And my god.. IT'S SO GOOD!

I still need to finish Skyward Sword but that's a whole other story. :B
I've been meaning to hear the full thing, but the first track is brilliant yea

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Definitely gonna consider using UpB2 now. Shrugged it off before because it's recovery is meh, but Falco can recover decently anyway. Always loved DownB3 and this vid made it no different that this move is great.

Will be going X/1/2/3 now, where X is Fox's blaster but I forgot what number that is haha.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Definitely gonna consider using UpB2 now. Shrugged it off before because it's recovery is meh, but Falco can recover decently anyway. Always loved DownB3 and this vid made it no different that this move is great.

Will be going X/1/2/3 now, where X is Fox's blaster but I forgot what number that is haha.
It's the 3rd custom; 2 is Explosive Blaster.

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
So, you can cancel the landing lag from an air dodge on the edge of platforms and stages. Was this known about yet? I noticed it earlier when playing in training mode. Also down throw true combos into Farore's Wind at around 70-110% on light characters and 90-120% on heavy characters. We have a true 7 hit combo to land Farore's Wind girls! It can be DI'd but you can easily adjust the direction to catch it if you are quick enough.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
So, you can cancel the landing lag from an air dodge on the edge of platforms and stages. Was this known about yet? I noticed it earlier when playing in training mode. Also down throw true combos into Farore's Wind at around 70-110% on light characters and 90-120% on heavy characters. We have a true 7 hit combo to land Farore's Wind girls! It can be DI'd but you can easily adjust the direction to catch it if you are quick enough.
I think it was known by quite a few about that air dodge thingy near the ledge of a platform or stage. I always should remember that but I seem to forget doing this. Can help with my landing skills with Zelderp. :/

And that Dthrow -> Farore's was known before we Americans even got the 3DS version of the game haha. Super impractical because the opponent can DI both the throw and the initial hit of FW, AND the timing to get the first hit is strict. Have a very low chance of pulling it off in a real match, but it's hype if you land it.

EDIT: And new waifu avatar lololol

Last edited:

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Oh no, we are going through the period(lol) where people overrate certain customs due to intense hype that they're legal.

Later down the line they'll get Lucario'd.

Greninja'd = nerfed
Lucario'd = tough when the meta was fresh out the womb, but later becomes a complete joke to some players.

I can see Shulks customs actually being hella good because people are so vocal about Ike(his rival it seems since he and Shulk are the 2 best swordsman archetypes in Sm4sh) being a complete monster with his customs. The ones that are rarely mentioned tend to be stupidly good later down the line like Pac-man,Shulk,Marth,Greninja,Fox,Ness.

Hope it becomes legal at the tournaments i go to. I always ask for custom matches to see how MK does against them but they say "i haven't unlocked them".

Last edited:
D-throw > N-air > Lightning kick. Preeeetty sure you can DI out of this easily
I can see Shulks customs actually being hella good because people are so vocal about Ike(his rival it seems since he and Shulk are the 2 best swordsman archetypes in Sm4sh) being a complete monster with his customs. The ones that are rarely mentioned tend to be stupidly good later down the line like Pac-man,Shulk,Marth,Greninja,Fox,Ness.

Hope it becomes legal at the tournaments i go to. I always ask for custom matches to see how MK does against them but they say "i haven't unlocked them".
Shulk's customs can be ridiculous. Power vision is the epitome of brain dead. Hyper arts can be good but only if that Shulk is ultra precise with the usage. You only got 6 seconds. The only HArts that are safe to spam are speed and shield. Shield is safe to spam because any attack you take at <100% won't do much knockback or hitsun at all. They won't bother you but hey, at least they're respecting your defensive buffs. Use shield to wait out the cooldown for speed/buster/smash. Speed is well.... still really good in hyper arts. Use it anytime you want (don't recover low with it though). Buster and Smash should only be used once you've gained the momentum. The main problem with using Smash at a neutral situation is that anyone can time Smash out easily and you don't want that. Buster CAN be used at neutral but... the defense reduction is huge. Then again, you easily harass shields with hyper buster (the pushback on shield is massive). Jump art should strictly be used for recovering and off-stage edgeguarding.

If some Shulk main goes to a tournament and utilizes power vision/hyper arts really well, he'll be the reason that 3 stocks should happen.

Last edited:

Latte

Smash Ace
Yesterday my sister asked me if I wanted to browse a used bookstore then go get coffees at a nearby cafe together. I said no, and I sincerely regret my decision; drinking coffee at a cafe sounds beyond glorious right now. The reason I declined was so that I could spend my day practicing watercolors and cleaning; I didn't do either of those things. #yolo

Also, I'm legitimately disappointed in my sisters for not @tagging me for the 500th page. We could have thrown a coffee party or something

Talking about optimism, I wonder how @ L Latte is doing. He hasn't showed up in a long while now...
Latte has been summoned.

Last edited:
Top Bottom