• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
I like smash 4 Zelda, you girls need to step it up! She is basically a better sassier Ganondorf this time around. She has very early kill potential but you can't just button spam like a majority of the roster and get away with it (Hi Sheik, Fox, Luigi, Mario, Diddy, ZSS, and Rosalina just to name a few).

Phantom Slash is very good even without the option to store the charge. I think a lot of people just try to use this move as an attack rather than a get away from me option. Non charged phantom slash is really good at catching people while you jump back and escape pressure. It can also trip and set up a Farore's Wind kill on a good read. Would Phantom Slash be better with the option to store the charge? Absolutely. Is it bad now? Nope, it's easily one of her best spacing options.

Din's Fire is fine the way it is now also. Use it for forcing air dodges then punish the opponents landing lag instead of trying to blow their face off and maybe you will get somewhere with it. Force the opponent offstage to choose between eating a Din's Fire or air dodging and recovering low. Congratulation, you now have a spike scenario. Man this move blows, how dare it give me free kills!

Instead of asking for changes to moves go into training and find uses for what you have. Or we can just continue to complain about useless moves like Farore's Squall until someone does the work for you I guess. :awesome:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Instead of asking for changes to moves go into training and find uses for what you have. Or we can just continue to complain about useless moves like Farore's Squall until someone does the work for you I guess. :awesome:
D3RK confirmed sassy sisteh. :^)

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Saying she's a better Ganondorf is like saying "hey, she doesn't have ebola anymore but now she's got perpetual dengue fever!"

Also, if one of a character's moves only serves the purpose of forcing airdodges then that's a pretty big indicator that the move sucks balls big time, because its only utility is to be dodged. Wow. It's also not like characters recovering low is a "free" kill. Skilled players won't be a training CPU just being like **** I GOTTA GET BACK.

Zelda is not fine the way she is. She's not helpless, of course not, but she is definitely not fine. It's not even funny how just SUPER subtle changes would make her miles better.

Last edited:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Can we like, be more optimistic ITT & talk about how good Jeff Rosenstock's new record pls & get drunk or something yea :3

Page steal this page is now dedicated to Jeff Rosenstock get mad *****es

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Screw optimism.

Penissism shall take over the Zelda boards.

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Phantasy Star <33333

I'm not sure if I'd stick around with Zelda if she got a redesign. Her gameplay style really appeals to me for some reason and I don't play her for the character so much (Zelda's awesome as a character though). Still, she is in need of a lot of fixes and improvements but I like her anyway.

I do believe that current Zelda probably has some more potential in her metagame, though I can't say from where surely. I think we may be able to make better applications of her specials in the future, especially Phantoms and her Din's Fire customs (heck, maybe even Din's Fire itself...). I dunno...I guess I'm just not ready to give up on Zelda yet.

EDIT: Penissism overrated imo. Optimism will rule these boards! :evil:

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Lavani, can Triple D's Jab 2 go into his Tilts? I decided to mess around with the chubby penguin and I just noticed and wondered of this is a legit combo. His Uair lasts so long, but it's not like the shenanigans that is Mii Gunner's Uair and Side Smash. Also, I was able to land a run off Jet Hammer. Home run, sucka! :awesome:

Oh, and Super Dedede Jump's ledge sweet spot sucks. I SD'd because of it. :glare:

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Lavani, can Triple D's Jab 2 go into his Tilts? I decided to mess around with the chubby penguin and I just noticed and wondered of this is a legit combo. His Uair lasts so long, but it's not like the shenanigans that is Mii Gunner's Uair and Side Smash. Also, I was able to land a run off Jet Hammer. Home run, sucka! :awesome:

Oh, and Super Dedede Jump's ledge sweet spot sucks. I SD'd because of it. :glare:
Jab2>dtilt and jab2>grab are common strings. I'm not sure if they're guaranteed, but I don't see them escaped often. Might depend on what part of jab2 you hit them with idk. I heard jab2>dsmash praised a lot early on, but it rarely works for me; if your opponent doesn't try to jump out of jab combos it's a nice setup though. Uair is gdlk nobody can challenge it and it kills well.

Super Dedede Jump only grabs on the way up/at the apex, and only if you're facing the ledge.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I'm starting to think Rejection is as good as love. It's a free reset to neutral, or a free grab combo. Also when the windboxes seperate during a love boost or love jump, the windbox pushes your opponent away.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Does anyone have Club Nintendo codes they're willing to give me? I'm that close to getting those Smash posters. PM pls
Actually not really too close but every bit helps :)

Also this happened (iTunes Shuffle is weird)

There are 177 songs on this playlist and it chose to put those two next to each other lol

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Does anyone have Club Nintendo codes they're willing to give me? I'm that close to getting those Smash posters. PM pls
Actually not really too close but every bit helps :)

Also this happened (iTunes Shuffle is weird)

There are 177 songs on this playlist and it chose to put those two next to each other lol
Hey but dats a good song would play again so it ain't bad~

Top Bottom