• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I feel like one day, I'm going to drink too much and end up banning someone random on smashboards for "bieng lil ***** lol spamm"
Hopefully that won't happen for another 17 years or so.

So I was bored on For Glory, which means I usually pick a random character to screw around with. Since I've been hanging out here, I thought I'd try Zelda. Some of the highlights:
1. Suiciding by jumping and inputting Din's Fire in the opposite direction because the move carries her momentum and for some reason puts her into special fall (even for some characters I don't play I can see bad design choices and that's one of them).
2. Attempting to Farore's Wind a Kirby after sending him in the air and getting Stoned for my efforts.
3. Attempting to Farore's Wind someone by the edge and instead of hitting them or ledge canceling, I hit their shield an fall off and die.
4. Trying to FSmash Kirby and have him fall out of the attack at least twice (it might have been three times) in quick succession.

So yeah, I still can't use Zelda and still don't find her especially fun. What on earth so you guys do when the opponent doesn't approach or just doesn't care about her defensive game? It seems impossible.

Hopefully that won't happen for another 17 years or so.

So I was bored on For Glory, which means I usually pick a random character to screw around with. Since I've been hanging out here, I thought I'd try Zelda. Some of the highlights:
1. Suiciding by jumping and inputting Din's Fire in the opposite direction because the move carries her momentum and for some reason puts her into special fall (even for some characters I don't play I can see bad design choices and that's one of them).
2. Attempting to Farore's Wind a Kirby after sending him in the air and getting Stoned for my efforts.
3. Attempting to Farore's Wind someone by the edge and instead of hitting them or ledge canceling, I hit their shield an fall off and die.
4. Trying to FSmash Kirby and have him fall out of the attack at least twice (it might have been three times) in quick succession.

So yeah, I still can't use Zelda and still don't find her especially fun. What on earth so you guys do when the opponent doesn't approach or just doesn't care about her defensive game? It seems impossible.
Ask Nairo. He's right over there

Zelda's fun for me because she's challenging to use. I think that's how I look at it. That and landing elevators feels amaziiiiing. I just work with what I have. I guess

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Ask Nairo. He's right over there

Zelda's fun for me because she's challenging to use. I think that's how I look at it. That and landing elevators feels amaziiiiing. I just work with what I have. I guess
Ehhhh not really interested in using her, it's just a general question.

I have to wonder why her autocanceling DAir isn't talked about more. It's one of the few meteors that doesn't lag form a low jump and that's pretty cool.

Are you dropping Villager for Diddy yet?
Ehhhh not really interested in using her, it's just a general question.

I have to wonder why her autocanceling DAir isn't talked about more. It's one of the few meteors that doesn't lag form a low jump and that's pretty cool.
I actually use AC D-air more often at neutral. It also helps that it's ridiculously easy to sweet spot

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Elevators and dair seem like the main things that would draw me to Zelda in this game. Her dair really is legit. I feel like I'm trying to fight the character to get her to do things though, so I think I can safely say she isn't for me.

Unrelatedly, I didn't realize until today that Palutena's jab actually has knockback growth and isn't just weight based knockback like most jab1s; usmash actually true combos off it after a (rather late) point instead of just being a setup.

Meanwhile I am still flipflopping on resetting my X save with ~790 hours on it since my PC is nearly full and I really don't care about 95% of what's in it and I kinda want to change my trainer name and as long as QR codes exist I can remake whatever I truly care about in a few hours tops (though I have a pretty nice collection of non-hacked shinies among other things I'd be losing if I erased my data...)

also I just ran out of rum, send help ;_;

Last edited:
Are you seriously considering replaying X?

Seriously???!!!!

I did that, backed up all of my friends in Pokebank and played as the qt grill to get her to look like Hilda (best protag fyi)

I dropped the game after the second badge because it just got too boring. My team at that point was Frogadier, Vivillon, Fletchinder, Skiddo, and Kirlia. I think I might just be growing out of Pokemon though. I got to the elite four in OR and couldnt be assed to finish it ;_;

Golden TIme was an enjoyable anime, Koko is a cute.

Also I feel your avatar pain, I wish we were still allowed to fetch avatars from urls

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
just got my blanket out of the dryer it's super fluffy and warm :)

Seriously???!!!!

I did that, backed up all of my friends in Pokebank and played as the qt grill to get her to look like Hilda (best protag fyi)

I dropped the game after the second badge because it just got too boring. My team at that point was Frogadier, Vivillon, Fletchinder, Skiddo, and Kirlia. I think I might just be growing out of Pokemon though. I got to the elite four in OR and couldnt be ***** to finish it ;_;
I restarted so I could play in italian

Lavani

Indigo Destiny

Seriously???!!!!

I dropped the game after the second badge because it just got too boring. My team at that point was Frogadier, Vivillon, Fletchinder, Skiddo, and Kirlia. I think I might just be growing out of Pokemon though. I got to the elite four in OR and couldnt be ***** to finish it ;_;
yeah I'm not really looking forward to actually replaying the game again (gen 6 was by far the weakest maingame out of what I've played imo [all but gen 4/5]), I just want an easy reset for my PC and some other little things changed of varying importance that would require a restart

I guess Pokebank is an alternative but I don't think I care enough about Pokemon to invest in it, especially when I don't have gen 4/5 for transfer (a lot of the reason I hadn't played my X cart in a year; I really wanted a lot of pokebank stuff like Hyper Voice Gardevoir/Sylveon, Focus Punch Mawile, Giga Drain Volcarona, etc)

just got my blanket out of the dryer it's super fluffy and warm :)

I restarted so I could play in italian
I tried playing it in French and it went swimmingly except for having to look up the names of moves to figure out which is which

Je n'avait pas pris c'en consideration

yeah I'm not really looking forward to actually replaying the game again (gen 6 was by far the weakest maingame out of what I've played imo [all but gen 4/5]), I just want an easy reset for my PC and some other little things changed of varying importance that would require a restart

I guess Pokebank is an alternative but I don't think I care enough about Pokemon to invest in it, especially when I don't have gen 4/5 for transfer (a lot of the reason I hadn't played my X cart in a year; I really wanted a lot of pokebank stuff like Hyper Voice Gardevoir/Sylveon, Focus Punch Mawile, Giga Drain Volcarona, etc)
I did this before injecting was a thing so oh well, I mean at least I got an onion fairy out of it.

Wait are you saying gen v was bad?! gorl...

SubPunch MMawile is legit, idk about Giga Drain Volcarona, what is that like? WoW/QD/GD/something else?

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I did this before injecting was a thing so oh well, I mean at least I got an onion fairy out of it.

Wait are you saying gen v was bad?! gorl...

SubPunch MMawile is legit, idk about Giga Drain Volcarona, what is that like? WoW/QD/GD/something else?
I'm saying I didn't play gens 4 or 5. Sapphire was the last game I'd played and the last one I planned to play until I got heavily pressured to get X.

Last I ran GD Volc it was Fiery Dance/GD/QD/HP Rock (for catching Talonflames on the switchin, among other things). Quiver boosted GD was usually good enough for healing to not need Roost. With GD it can beat things like Azu and Crawdaunt and it has the bulk to tank an Aqua Jet so that's a thing.

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Anyone know of any good dance/electronic/techno/trance songs? I need to expand my collection :]
Look up the next artists and see if some fill your needs, I know them from the Pump it Up arcade, but some of them have features in more games:
BanYa, Yahpp (these two are tricky, both have lots of songs of very variated genres), DOIN, SHK (or SoundHolicK), Synthwulf, M2U, MAX, Zircon, Paul Bazooka, and those are the ones I have on the top of my mind.

EDIT: @ Berserker. Berserker. thank you, I now remember Matduke as well

Last edited:
I'm saying I didn't play gens 4 or 5. Sapphire was the last game I'd played and the last one I planned to play until I got heavily pressured to get X.

Last I ran GD Volc it was Fiery Dance/GD/QD/HP Rock (for catching Talonflames on the switchin, among other things). Quiver boosted GD was usually good enough for healing to not need Roost. With GD it can beat things like Azu and Crawdaunt and it has the bulk to tank an Aqua Jet so that's a thing.
I see. Well the good news is you have good taste in versions B)

Oh right, I forgot Volcarona got roost. Man I like Talonflame as a bulky fire type better, though Volcarona does have the ability to not get ****ed in rain

Wait do you play on cart or on sim

MDAVE

The Flying Dutchman
NNID
GoldDiaruga
3DS FC
1048-8967-3255
Yeah, yeah y'all can beat CPU's lvl 8/9 without receiving any damage.. Cool, cool..
BUT.
You wanna know when CPU's really start respecting you? Yesterday both CPU Charizard & Little Mac jumped off the stage three times with Side B. (Couldn't be that I taught them, considering I never do that)
That must have been the most hilarious thing my cpu's have ever done.

People kinda dismissed Diddy Kong's customs too early. Banana customs are still dumb in their own special way. Back flip kick hits really ****ing HARD. His neutral B and up B customs are garbage

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I see. Well the good news is you have good taste in versions B)

Oh right, I forgot Volcarona got roost. Man I like Talonflame as a bulky fire type better, though Volcarona does have the ability to not get ****ed in rain

Wait do you play on cart or on sim
Damn straight B)

Talonflame's generally better in gen 6's meta I think, unless ORAS really changed things up. Volcarona had some cool uses earlier in the gen before things started getting banned though; it could check both phys and special M-Luke and any M-Mawile not running Stone Edge with one set, for one, but bug stab was pretty trash from what I remember and bulky Talonflame having WoW/Taunt/priority Roost was a pretty big deal.

Last time I actually played on cart was like January 2014 (for the aforementioned issues of no access to things I wanted from Pokebank). Last time I played on sim was around a week after the M-Mawile ban.

Im not gonna lie, I stopped playing on cart in like october because someone ****ing fissured MY ENTIRE TEAM in 3v3 singles. Like, wtf, every single fissure hit on the first try. I was so salty, so so salty. Also I prefer 6v6 singles so its like, bye

Bulky talonflame is godlike, I remember tanking rotom-w's volt switches and hydro misses once, who even gives a ****. Bulky lopunny is also fun in tiers where its not **** since BP + Cosmic Power are legal with Drain Punch now.

I haven't played on sim I think since MMawile and Genesect got banned from monosteel teams. I cant use three of my favourite mons anymore, whats the point ;_;7

Last edited:

MDAVE

The Flying Dutchman
NNID
GoldDiaruga
3DS FC
1048-8967-3255
Anyone know of any good dance/electronic/techno/trance songs? I need to expand my collection :]
Zircon is one of my favorites which does feel quite at home at some of those genres. Their music was used a lot back in the day for Brawl mods.

I was also looking through my favorites to see if I could find anything useful or even slightly good for you to listen to, but instead I found this fanmade music custom song that I really liked back in the PKMN B/W days. :D http://youtu.be/uxLC0fmiNZU

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
People kinda dismissed Diddy Kong's customs too early. Banana customs are still dumb in their own special way. Back flip kick hits really ****ing HARD. His neutral B and up B customs are garbage
The other bananas may be usable, but they aren't exactly better than the default one. I'd actually be hard pressed to ever take a different sideB for him either, the alternatives are way worse for recovery/B reverse shenanigans and Back Flip Kick removes the command grab option from it.

I was screwing around against a 1123 CPU Diddy today and my opinion of upB 2 went up quite a bit, I'm not actually sure if its vertical is worse than the default and I could see giving up horizontal recovery for its power. It also seemed damn near impossible to edgeguard (as Meta Knight) but I might've just been sloppy.

I tried to gimp him once with a stolen banana but Battering Banana's vertical knockback just saved him instead ;_;

Im not gonna lie, I stopped playing on cart in like october because someone ****ing fissured MY ENTIRE TEAM in 3v3 singles. Like, wtf, every single fissure hit on the first try. I was so salty, so so salty. Also I prefer 6v6 singles so its like, bye

Bulky talonflame is godlike, I remember tanking rotom-w's volt switches and hydro misses once, who even gives a ****. Bulky lopunny is also fun in tiers where its not **** since BP + Cosmic Power are legal with Drain Punch now.

I haven't played on sim I think since MMawile and Genesect got banned from monosteel teams. I cant use three of my favourite mons anymore, whats the point ;_;7
I remember that happening to me in round 87 of Battle Maison once. That ****ing Brightpowder Walrein with Sheer Cold+Fissure...

Yeah stuff needs to be offensively specced to actually take out bulky tflame. I remember a game where my tflame ran it back 1v3 against a Heatran/Magneton/something (Hippowdon?) team because nothing had enough offensive presence to outDPS it and wisp+taunt+priority roost let it wear them all down. Tflame is my gen 6 waifu

The other bananas may be usable, but they aren't exactly better than the default one. I'd actually be hard pressed to ever take a different sideB for him either, the alternatives are way worse for recovery/B reverse shenanigans and Back Flip Kick removes the command grab option from it.

I was screwing around against a 1123 CPU Diddy today and my opinion of upB 2 went up quite a bit, I'm not actually sure if its vertical is worse than the default and I could see giving up horizontal recovery for its power. It also seemed damn near impossible to edgeguard (as Meta Knight) but I might've just been sloppy.

I tried to gimp him once with a stolen banana but Battering Banana's vertical knockback just saved him instead ;_;
Up B 2... Eh, I don't know. Maybe I should mess around with it more

I'm still trying to find some random tricks with back flip. I'm not going to dismiss it yet. It has an "interesting" design but well, I'll see....

Battering bananas are my thing though. Battering banana to d-air or any aerial or back flip kick? Cool. I should test if you can get up B 2 to connect from battering banana

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Yeah, Mawile is one of my top 10 favorite Pokemon. Seeing her look so viable and then getting crushed with her ban made me lose a lot of interest.

Granted, I have plenty of Pokemon I can still use, but I really like Mawile though...

Might start going by VGC rules because Smogon is starting to disappoint me.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Yeah, Mawile is one of my top 10 favorite Pokemon. Seeing her look so viable and then getting crushed with her ban made me lose a lot of interest.

Granted, I have plenty of Pokemon I can still use, but I really like Mawile though...

Might start going by VGC rules because Smogon is starting to disappoint me.
Smogon is no longer good for competitive pokemon.
why I feel like pokemon should never be a competitive game
or even

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I see no issue with this opinion :^)
I completely agree with this, as other characters meta advance a little his will a lot due to more people that main him. If he's not nerfed, it'll be brawl again. I kinda see it going brawls direction, Sakurai doesn't have interest in making another balance patch as much as I wanted to get one. Sakurai honestly doesn't really care about the community. It was nintendo of America who was sponsoring APEX.

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
FTW Smogon rules have worked for me and my friends but that's because my OU team = the most fun. Y'all should try it, I have actual jerk Mamoswine, Kyurem-B the boss hoss, etc.

If Kyurem-B is VGC legal I'll play it. He might not be my favorite design (Eelektross) but he's my favorite Pokemon to run because of his sheer power and will to succeed. If he had a better movepool he'd totally be ubers though. I attribute this to Ice being more of a good special attacking type than physical attacking, although a strong physical Ice move being new and exclusive to Kyurem-B would fix this and make me a very happy man, you could say....

Last edited:
Top Bottom