• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Spirst

Yoshi annoys the hell out of me whenever I play him. Something about him just strikes a nerve. And hearing him say "BWAHH" whenever he gets launched doesn't help either.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Doesn't Launching Egg Lay give them a ton of control over where they're launched to?

Not that I play Yoshi much but CPUs seemed to be able to minimize the distance they were launched by it significantly compared to what I saw of it in training, from what I remember

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Yoshi annoys the hell out of me whenever I play him. Something about him just strikes a nerve. And hearing him say "BWAHH" whenever he gets launched doesn't help either.
I wonder why? Look at him being all happy. :p

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I love how complex the game is with customs.
I always wanted people to learn stages but there was no compromise and the easiest most obvious solution was to ban everything.
The stage situation hasn't changed much, but at least I got a consolation prize with Customs.

btw. speaking of competitive Pokemon, I really loved VGC2014, not having the Weather trio was a huge thing and helped the game feel a lot more fresh. The only major threat was MegaKanghaskhan, but even then, it was manageable.

But VGC2015 is again about the Weather Trio......

TGC update

Our sister Slush has lost to Fliphop in winners and Mindgames at losers (Unfortunately)
MegaFox won at singles. MJG and Shaky won at doubles (?)
Dallas still didn't win anything again
Houston had Trela, Fliphop and BC at top 8
Edit: SA wins

http://challonge.com/TGC1singles/standings

Last edited:

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Like, I haven't even fought against a custom Palutena.

But I already hate her.

F*ck this game I'm gonna get into competitve, I dunno, fuggin pokemon or whatever.
Don't worry Lightweight Palutena exists there, too.

It's called Thundurus, enjoy.

@ Locke 06 Locke 06

I've fallen in love with Hyper Arts again. I just needed to be more precise with the usage. Also HJump's defense debuff is ignorable if you're elusive enough. The extra mobility really helps man

Edit:

I just like KO'd Charizard at 2% with power vision. Countered his f-smash. No hyper smash assistance.

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
I knew you'd come back around. Also, the fact that you're switching so much/in vanilla makes MALLC stuff interesting and important. I'm still working on Zelda, and I think I'll keep her as a fun character to use against mediocre people/those who don't know the matchup (I am so bad at using FW as a recovery....). But once that's over, I think I'll go full Shulk and start labbing some of the stuff you guys have been doing.

Hyper jump is just too good in disadvantage. Also, I think hyper buster can work better than you give it credit even if it is unsafe on hit.

Soon.

Edit: power vision is ridiculous by design. What developer thought decreasing the active time window was enough of a tradeoff for its increased power?

Edit harder: that would be like a warlock punch custom that hit harder than default on the ground but was super weak in the air...

Last edited:
I might change a LOT of my thoughts at the customs thread. Hyper buster is actually good because the tendency for opponents is to run at you after getting hit (punishing HBuster's lack of safety) so you can ready a 20% jab combo or shield grab b-throw for 20% once that happens. Or a pivot f-tilt or pivot f-smash

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Even if you do get hit, you're trading a hbuster hit for whatever your opponent is punishing with. You deactivate hbuster first chance you get. Either way, you've done some good damage to your opponent and can go hshield or hjump to reset.

I just need to get better at Shulk in general before I start messing with hyper arts. It may take a while... Hopefully by then, you and the other Shulks will have done most of the legwork on developing a hyper arts guide for me to use. :)

Edit: lol. I see hylianism didn't last long.

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
In my study of bad Zeldas, I've noticed that they just love to use all of her worst moves, except for Farore's (but they make it suck by spamming it) and dash attack (which is also made bad because of spam), lol.
Hey! I have feelings you know!

Even if you do get hit, you're trading a hbuster hit for whatever your opponent is punishing with. You deactivate hbuster first chance you get. Either way, you've done some good damage to your opponent and can go hshield or hjump to reset.

I just need to get better at Shulk in general before I start messing with hyper arts. It may take a while... Hopefully by then, you and the other Shulks will have done most of the legwork on developing a hyper arts guide for me to use. :)

Edit: lol. I see hylianism didn't last long.
When you get Hyper buster right, you'll be seeing the opponents damage meter rise up to 100% in 4 seconds. Okay, I need to redo my post about Hyper arts. Hyper smash throws are the truth btw. Power vision is nuts. Countering jabs nets a KO? Lol. The refresh time isn't even that long

MDAVE

The Flying Dutchman
NNID
GoldDiaruga
3DS FC
1048-8967-3255
Lol, truth. Recovering is the best part about it.

Tried to play For Glory matches to score some points for our princess today. Keeping the whole shaky hands stuff in mind, I figured I'd go into the Free for All For Glory mode.
Worst. Decision. EVER.
Three spammers making it impossible to even use ONE move. Lightly annoyed, I went into the 1vs1 mode in For Glory.. And I easily two stocked a Robin.. But of course, I wasn't able to contribute any points for Zelda anymore..
Oh well. Poop happens I guess. On the bright side, I still scored three points. I'm pretty sure our lady will win.

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
Lol, truth. Recovering is the best part about it.

Tried to play For Glory matches to score some points for our princess today. Keeping the whole shaky hands stuff in mind, I figured I'd go into the Free for All For Glory mode.
Worst. Decision. EVER.
Three spammers making it impossible to even use ONE move. Lightly annoyed, I went into the 1vs1 mode in For Glory.. And I easily two stocked a Robin.. But of course, I wasn't able to contribute any points for Zelda anymore..
Oh well. Poop happens I guess. On the bright side, I still scored three points. I'm pretty sure our lady will win.
If you wanna score points for Lady Zelda the easy way, try for fun smash, just find a group of random players that are like feh not the greatest then wat you do is camp off to the side with Phantom and Nayru (as a gtfo me tool) anyways once those three have quarelled long enough and they're all high (%) just FW into them and you'll rack up easy KOs.
when I'm in a particularly troll-y mood I'll use this tactic online, the hard part is just getting them all to leave you be, sometimes I can make that happen by annoying someone so much that they end up running away xD
but yeah that's how I (cheaply) contribute to the Zelda cause

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
So I heard in an article Sakurai says that the strongest characters are :4ganondorf::4zelda::4samus:
Link pleaaaase

Sakurai's interpretation of "good character" clearly differs from ours. He probably thinks they're the strongest in modes like Free For All with items on high (omg light arrow so broke!!!!!1!1) or vs Master Hand or something, and to him clearly those are the modes that matter.

Last edited:
Edit: power vision is ridiculous by design. What developer thought decreasing the active time window was enough of a tradeoff for its increased power?

Edit harder: that would be like a warlock punch custom that hit harder than default on the ground but was super weak in the air...
Correction

Power vision has more active frames at its first use than default vision. The deterioration of the active windows on power vision is WAY larger than default vision though. What I mean is, one use of power vision will drastically decrease the active frames. One use of default vision won't decrease the active frames by THAT much. The freshest use of Power vision has more active frames than the freshest use of default vision

How are customs Samus by the way? I heard she's got some really good set of customs back in the early days of Smash 3DS but I haven't heard much about them now

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

@Rickster @XDanDan612

At this time the Smash 4 Zelda social has now surpassed our old Brawl online social.
Ah, how great things will one day fall.

I humbly request a moment of silence.

lol nah but it's kinda sad
It honestly is pretty sad. We made a lot of memories there...

But soon, we'll have our new thread. To everyone here in the Zelda social: Please, don't move over to Skype. I guarantee it will do something to your group. It did something to the group Twi and I were in. You guys are a great bunch of people and I don't want anything to happen to you guys...

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
She's scary with customs on, but our primate overlord Diddy Kong still destroys her and basically everyone in the game
How does Diddy do against the rest of the cast? Does he **** everybody similar to Meta Knight?

Diddy Kong - Peach isn't a beautiful match-up so I'm hoping all other characters suck vs him too :p

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
So I played :4tlink: and :4zelda: on For Poison
In my third match as Tink I played this G&W.
I got dthrowed>9 on his first try, this person then taunted like thirty times then left
image.jpg

I kid you not

Last edited:

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Even with wii fit and villager
I know your love and optimism for Wii Fit exceeds even that for Zelda, so I'm just going to ignore that. No personal feelings :p

Villager... Idk many Villager mains seems to GREATLY dislike this match-up because Diddy pressures them so hard, isn't afraid of getting camped and gets kills SO easily. I don't really see what Villager can do vs him.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Does Sheik do well against Diddy? I'd probably say it's an even match-up, but I could see it being in Diddy's favor because Sheik can't kill.

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
So I played :4tlink: and :4zelda: on For Poison
In my third match as Tink I played this G&W.
I got dthrowed>9 on his first try, this person then taunted like thirty times then left
View attachment 40864
I kid you not
I play Toon Link some on Roll Glory, and I can just tell people are annoyed. They get so aggressive and tend to spam whatever they can to sort of "teach me a lesson". Except I don't camp or spam with Toon Link. Or at least I think I don't.

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
So I heard in an article Sakurai says that the strongest characters are :4ganondorf::4zelda::4samus:
I'm really glad Aonuma doesn't pull this ****. Unlike Sakurai, Aonuma loves the Zelda community, all of the theories, and even actual feedback on his games! Zelda Wii U is a tribute to that! Aonuma even loves trolling, as it was seen with Link being a girl/Link in Zelda Wii U not being Link. But he doesn't take it too far, like ****ing Sakurai with Ridley. I'm not a fan of Ridley, but damn Sakurai took that way too far.
Sakurai, Zelda is the best character you are just playing the game wrong! Everyone should play FFA's with items on high and only play on the Wily's Castle Stage! Also, **** you competitive people!
Aonuma: Alright.... I attest that Skyward Sword wasn't as fantastic as it hoped... It was a great game, but I see that the next game needs more improvement. Ok fans, I am going to make exploration a key factor in the next game, and I will revisit the series itself as I understand it has gotten a bit stale! As I show the game off, provide your input! I am very interested to see your responses, on both Hyrule Warriors and what we have shown off on Zelda Wii U! Oh, you thought Hyrule Warrior's cutscenes were amazing? Well, we are just going to have to try to be even better than Hyrule Warriors!
Sakurai: ZOMG cutscenes were leaked on internet, let's just cut them.
I think I proved my point.
All hail the great overlord Aonuma!

Unrelated, but their stock icons look quite nice together in a line in bottom tier. But seriously. They just do. :p
No, Ganondorf is a lot better than you think. A lot of Ganondorfs believe that he is around the 27th best character. Unlike Zelda, we have won a variety of tournaments, and have at least done well on tournaments.

Last edited:
How does Diddy do against the rest of the cast? Does he **** everybody similar to Meta Knight?

Diddy Kong - Peach isn't a beautiful match-up so I'm hoping all other characters suck vs him too :p
IMO, he doesn't stomp Shulk that badly (-1). I also feel that Mario is a -1 against Diddy. I'm not sure about the rest . In theory, Pikachu should have a good time against him but I haven't seen it yet so I'm not convinced.

Not sure what to think here. I think Diddy's OP. The end. I'm basically like that guy who's like, "I do fine against Diddy but I still think he's OP as F"

Soul.

Diddy vs. Sheik is even.
I prefer Pika vs. Sheik though. Actually a challenge. Although that MU sounds like trouble.

Last edited:
Top Bottom