• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Radical Larry is a conceited moron. He thinks he's an amazing player and that the characters he plays are great. I actually read and consider A2Z's posts, usually, because he IS observant and does generally have relative comments. His biggest issue is that he sees things in black and white a little too much. Radical Larry doesn't really consider others' opinions lol.
Tell him to go to big tournaments, use Link 100% all the way, and rank top 4 consistently THEN he can say that

Actually, no. I don't like the guy at all. No matter what :|

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Radical Larry is a conceited moron. He thinks he's an amazing player and that the characters he plays are great. I actually read and consider A2Z's posts, usually, because he IS observant and does generally have relative comments. His biggest issue is that he sees things in black and white a little too much. Radical Larry doesn't really consider others' opinions lol.
A2 gets a lot of flak over his opinions on Mario, but I honestly learned a lot of useful things about characters I like from him, like dthrow>nado for MK waaaaay back before anyone else was doing it, and runoff dair for Rosalina

Larry just says things. He lives up to his name, at least.

This is the second 8:2 analysis I've seen today. The other one was from Sanicbrawler who said Rosalina vs C.Falcon was 8:2

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
A2 gets a lot of flak over his opinions on Mario, but I honestly learned a lot of useful things about characters I like from him, like dthrow>nado for MK waaaaay back before anyone else was doing it, and runoff dair for Rosalina

Larry just says things. He lives up to his name, at least.
Yeah, that sounds about right. There are a few other things that I think he's wrong about, such as Zelda being not bad (not sure if he thinks she's GOOD but I know he doesn't feel that she's bottom tier), that Samus would be broken with a good jab (this is mainly because he feels Charge Shot would combo from jab, and it might, not sure), and his opinion of Ganon in Smash 4 (It's a little inflated but he's much better than in Brawl), but like I said, he's observant. Remember, he's the one that discovered (or at least was the first to bring to the public eye) Bucket Braking and Doc's passive damage multiplier. I agree with him that Bowser is actually a contender for the worst character in Brawl (at least in practice, theoretical grab release stuff would make him higher), that Ganon and Marth have the scariest edgeguarding, and that Falco has great damage per hit. I'm inclined to take him more seriously now that he actually has the game instead of just making declarations based on videos.

Just don't ask for his opinion on Mario.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
excuse me

how can we be sassy gorls if we don't gossip about people behind their backs

i mean REALLY

I agree though, this is a pretty awkward topic

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Well um I decided to take my first look in the Character Competitive Impressions thread and see what you guys are talking about
It's...interesting to say the least >_>

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
COUGHdon'ttalkaboutotherusersevenifthey'rebadcough

We're like, not supposed to condone it or something.
IsmaR is a terrible mod, only giving stern caution and never actually giving infractions.

If I get infracted for this I was kind of asking for it

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
"Custom Palutena is not that good." - Me 1 hour ago.

> Lightweight: Jab -> Dthrow -> Nair -> Bair = 31%
> Super Speed -> Usmash = Easy Kill
> Lightweight: Super Speed -> Dthrow -> Nair -> Uair = Kill at 60%
> Jump Glide Semi-invincible Bairs

What the hell.

This character is dumb.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542

What the hell.

This character is dumb.
I need to figure out how to use Super Speed.

Actually, I should just stop using Palutena on For Glory.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500

What the hell.

This character is dumb.
Did you know that Lightweight nair to nair at the ledge/offstage KO's at 20%? :^) It might even combo out of dthrow, but I can't remember rn.

Last edited:
Her ground attacks in general (except jab) are situational at best so she's not completely dumb

Lavani

Indigo Destiny

What the hell.

This character is dumb.

I'm not sure how you're doing jump glide bair though, unless you mean gliding past them and hoping you didn't get swatted by that point. Imo Warp is better than Jump Glide, though I heard a good point recently that Jump Glide is really useful during Lightweight cooldown for getting around the speed drop.

Also don't forget you can dash/pivot grab out of Super Speed so shielding it isn't even a safe option :^)

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Did you know that Lightweight nair to nair at the ledge/offstage KO's at 20%? :^) It might even combo out of dthrow, but I can't remember rn.
THAT ALMOST HAPPENED TO ME I ALMOST GOT A HEART ATTACK OMG.

Her ground attacks in general (except jab) are situational at best so she's not completely dumb
That's what I thought at first as well, seeing as her ground game is just miserable, perhaps making her not so good.

But like when she's running around like a flying and flailing tuna fish all over the place, Zelda can't get her hands on that slippery seaweed hair thing smh. :////

I'm not sure how you're doing jump glide bair though, unless you mean gliding past them and hoping you didn't get swatted by that point. Imo Warp is better than Jump Glide, though I heard a good point recently that Jump Glide is really useful during Lightweight cooldown for getting around the speed drop.
Yeah, she went behind me and I can't squat her because the shield is stupid and saves her butt too. And the player who used her used Autoreticle and Jump Glide to time out the cooldown, which was definitely smart.

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I love how she has a guaranteed spike at about 50-80% with Lightweight dthrow to dair AND she can do some crazy 20XX wavedashing in midair Jump Glide crap. Explosive Flame also ignores shields on the last hit, yay :')

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Like, I haven't even fought against a custom Palutena.

But I already hate her.

F*ck this game I'm gonna get into competitve, I dunno, fuggin pokemon or whatever.

That's what I thought at first as well, seeing as her ground game is just miserable, perhaps making her not so good.

But like when she's running around like a flying and flailing tuna fish all over the place, Zelda can't get her hands on that slippery seaweed hair thing smh. :////
Although her combos are insane and they're not hard to perform, she still has them exploitable weaknesses that she also had without customs. She's scary with customs on, but our primate overlord Diddy Kong still destroys her and basically everyone in the game

Edit: She takes +22% more damage with lightweight on but you can get around that by being more defensive oriented

Should also note that I love teams now

Smash 4 doubles > Smash 4 Quartets >>>>>>>>>>>>> Smash 4 singles

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I need to figure out how to use Super Speed.

Actually, I should just stop using Palutena on For Glory.
I'm still godawful at using Super Speed myself

Lightweight is a lot more straightforward

I love how she has a guaranteed spike at about 50-80% with Lightweight dthrow to dair AND she can do some crazy 20XX wavedashing in midair Jump Glide crap. Explosive Flame also ignores shields on the last hit, yay :')
I'm not sure if her dair even spikes hard enough to kill at those percents lol, it's so bad

though even if it doesn't kill dthrow>nair>uair/nair does at those percents anyway

F*ck this game I'm gonna get into competitve, I dunno, fuggin pokemon or whatever.
I remember thinking that when I first bought X, "This'll be the gen I finally take Pokemon seriously!"

but gen 6 is so dumb holy ****

Mario+Luigi doubles is amazing

Temple 4v4's are fun in a way that it's like you're playing League of Legends

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
I remember thinking that when I first bought X, "This'll be the gen I finally take Pokemon seriously!"

but gen 6 is so dumb holy ****

Yeah that was part of the joke. I'm calling competitive Pokemon better at Gen 6 than Sm4sh custom scene.

Because seriously **** that pole-dancing Hoo Kah.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I'm not sure if her dair even spikes hard enough to kill at those percents lol, it's so bad

though even if it doesn't kill dthrow>nair>uair/nair does at those percents anyway
Oh her dair is decently strong and it'll kill at those %'s on characters that only have average recoveries. it's just that it barely has any active frames but since LW dthrow to dair is guaranteed that doesn't matter

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
@Rickster @XDanDan612

At this time the Smash 4 Zelda social has now surpassed our old Brawl online social.
Ah, how great things will one day fall.

I humbly request a moment of silence.

lol nah but it's kinda sad

You guys haven't even seen the stuff Mii Brawler can do yet.
I've unlocked the secrets of up B 2 before it became a thing (During the Piston Punch hype train era). I was just too indifferent to make a post about it :^)

Or I was just too indifferent since Mii's are lame (I meant, the characters themselves. Not their movesets)

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
@ Lavani Lavani Does Superspeed have like super armor or something? Cause honestly I'm h8in on Paluwalu 80% cause I dislike her character too much and 20% cause of her stupid early killpower. But then I remember Villager gets Pushy Lloyd and Counter Timber and I'm like that would probably give her winged booty some problems.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
@ Lavani Lavani Does Superspeed have like super armor or something? Cause honestly I'm h8in on Paluwalu 80% cause I dislike her character too much and 20% cause of her stupid early killpower. But then I remember Villager gets Pushy Lloyd and Counter Timber and I'm like that would probably give her winged booty some problems.
It doesn't. It's just a quick dash forward + a weak hit that gets gradually stronger the further she's moved, and she has all her standard running options out of it.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Hahaha yeah. Actually, does anyone know what Monster Hunter Aero's playing? Cause I dunno if it's Tri or Ultimate or 4 or what the hell.

Spirst

I've unlocked the secrets of up B 2 before it became a thing (During the Piston Punch hype train era). I was just too indifferent to make a post about it :^)

Or I was just too indifferent since Mii's are lame (I meant, the characters themselves. Not their movesets)
It's not even just that. It's that the short thin Mii has a walkspeed akin to Marth's, with an airspeed surpassing that of speed Shulk and can do the speed Shulk pivot stuff, can 0-death heavies/some other characters and combo across the stage with hoo-hah damage.There's more too. The character is definitely more dumb than customs Palutena.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
On older iterations of my personal tier list I had 1122/2122 Mii Brawler at #1 for a month or two

I still think it's likely a top 5 candidate

It's not even just that. It's that the short thin Mii has a walkspeed akin to Marth's, with an airspeed surpassing that of speed Shulk, can 0-death heavies/some other characters and combo across the stage with hoo-hah damage. There's more too. The character is definitely more dumb than customs Palutena.
At least I can be the best character in a fighting game for once in my life.

Anyway, I've known that Mii Brawler was dumb. Vectoring held him back but now that it's (mostly) gone, Brawler is ridiculous

Top Bottom