• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Are there any falco specific ATs I should be aware of?
Not a lot so far aside from frame canceled Dairs. There's Fair to footstool that zCyRo found out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zQksk1c50U. It's still being tested last I heard.

Alongside pivot Falco Phantasms, there's these two which are situational and read-dependent. Thank Bonk! for this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lGSyxyPYl9Q and Snipnigth: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ffJebEF8dQs.

A Ganondorf figured that you could D-throw to Bair at higher percents. That's about 6% from the grab, 13% per Bair or 7% if it's a late hit, so 19% or 13%: http://smashboards.com/threads/d-throw-to-back-air.387302/.

Try doing RAR Bairs if you can, but Falco doesn't have Sheik, Ike, Wolf, or hell, even Link's range and/or air speed. @Shaya and @Conda mentioned that Falco can make use of foxtrotting and fast fall short hops as a way to move around. I mentioned this before, but run off aerials are good, especially Sonic, Toon Link, Ike, Peach, and Falco's Fair, Ganondorf's Uair and Fair. For stage spiking, a run off Bair will do the trick, but Falco's range might be something to get used to. And as usual, look through the stickied threads.

On Shaya's thoughts: http://smashboards.com/search/1285234/?q=falco&o=date&c[user][0]=64230.
Falco loses to things because his disadvantaged state is pretty bad. And sometimes his jab doesn't work like it should (i.e. when you get PUNISHED FOR IT ON HIT vughhhh).
I would say using universal techs is fundamental-based play.
Fox trot away with Falco and tell me other characters have better options. Just saying ahead of time, you won't be convincing me otherwise. I'll give you Sheik.
When you turn pivot you can slide into any move forward. Jab and down tilt.
His turn pivot makes his pivot jump exceptionally 'fast' in horizontal movement. SH FF with Falco is absurd.

Falco's consistent combo game is the real reason to use him, if I'm going to talk about weaknesses, it's not rewards/follow ups, that's for certain.
Like, Falco's combo game is second only to ZSS in terms of characters I play. Falco has a much easier time getting his grab and his tilts are significantly safer compared to her (bar ftilt, but I'd still say Falco's is better).
Also he has one of the best up airs. In the "let's play horizontal uairs only the game" *qq from Diddy*

Also Falco's explosive laser is was my preferred custom (probably still is, but the slight buffs + match ups like Sheik where you'd like the game to be about her approaching you require it) because it gives him stupid edge guarding pressure and synergises with void reflector and in general is a great frame trap tool. All the weaknesses I just read from people were kinda funny.
Falco has a really good walk speed, perfect pivot and he probably has the largest turn pivot in the game.
Mobility doesn't ever seem to be my issue with Falco. He technically forces the approach against just about everyone.

I feel as if my only struggles with Falco are against characters with similar range (or more) at better speeds.
It's a short list tbh.
There's also videos you could watch, like ZeRo's commentary on him or Shofu's. Basically, lurk more. :p

Extremely off topic but I'm playing Melee on my computer and tell me why Peach decided to get the worst weave job in Nintendo history.....

There is nothing "Sweet" about those highlights.
Talk about a wicked weave. :p

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Today's episode of It Came From Roll Glory

names withheld to protect the innocent

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
So I tried out three characters today for fun
:4iggy:
Iggy honestly plays way different than I thought he would.
:4gaw:
I spent most of my matches trying to get a 9 with G&W. I also don't understand why he is so friggin light.
:4peach:
Nope, couldn't get the hang of her
I'll stick to :4robinf: :p

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Thinking about Brawl got me thinking about games before Brawl. Who all did yew gorls play in previous games?

64: :luigi64::jigglypuff64::yoshi64::ness64:
Melee: :jigglypuffmelee::luigimelee::mewtwomelee::zeldamelee::ganondorfmelee::icsmelee::nessmelee:
Brawl: :lucario::zelda::ness2::luigi2::popo::dedede::jigglypuff:
Sm4sh ( / denotes cutoff for who I'm taking seriously): :rosalina::4greninja::4metaknight::4lucario: / :4palutena::4ganondorf::4dedede:
64 (I'm so bad at this): :yoshi64:
Melee: :drmario::yoshimelee::mewtwomelee: / :sheikmelee:
Brawl: :sheilda::yoshi2::pt::sonic: / :lucario: :pikachu2::gw::ness2::luigi2:
Project M: :mewtwopm::sheilda::yoshi2::sonic::mario2::lucario:
Sm4sh: :4greninja::4zelda::4yoshi::4pikachu::4drmario::4sonic::4charizard: / :4miibrawl::4miisword::4sheik::4gaw:
Yay, more lists!
General rule of thumb is to always play at least one Pokemon in each iteration.
Indeed. Mons are fun in general. Even Jiggs, the only Pokemon I've never mained, has been quite entertaining in each game I've picked her in.
And lists are fun :3
I ALMOST FELL IN LOVE WITH DR MARIO

Then I tried to recover :^(

His DPS is really impressive. His moveset is actually great (because he's a clone of Mario). I personally like his f-air better than Mario's because it hits HARD
I almost cried when I tried to recover for the first few times :'(
Then I started to improve with my Tornado mashing and save my double jump for later more often. I still screw myself over so many times though. I wish Super Sheet gave Doc horizontal distance and that I didn't accidentally fastfall my down B's so much.
/deardiary
:4zelda:X:4greninja:(THIS PROBABLY EXISTS I FEEL)

DID I RUSTLE YOUR SHIPPING JIMMIES YET, GORLS!?! :^)
Jimmies slightly rustled
I mentioned it earlier but it still makes me giggle

#360noscope

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
About All-Star: I was watching Cosmo's stream and he said that indirect attacks are not affected by the damage reduction. This basically means projectiles, Palutena's USmash, all of Olimar's Pikmin attacks, and Flare Blitz for some unknown reason.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
About All-Star: I was watching Cosmo's stream and he said that indirect attacks are not affected by the damage reduction. This basically means projectiles, Palutena's USmash, all of Olimar's Pikmin attacks, and Flare Blitz for some unknown reason.
Flare blitz spawns an explosion, It's like using a bomb mask

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Off topic story time: So I'm playing Palutena on FG and I did her stripper pole taunt as I took my opponent's stock. Just at that moment, my mom decided to walk in, look at the TV screen, and die laughing.

The Goddess of Light: Family Friendly Entertainment for all :4palutena:

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
Off topic story time: So I'm playing Palutena on FG and I did her stripper pole taunt as I took my opponent's stock. Just at that moment, my mom decided to walk in, look at the TV screen, and die laughing.

The Goddess of Light: Family Friendly Entertainment for all :4palutena:
Omg did your mom laugh like her too xD ?
That would've been extra priceless

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
>:pichumelee:

EDIT: lol that third quote is broken or something
Welp, time to go play that thing somewhere other than struggling in its Target Test now. Or I can just be lazy and remove that Jigglypuff sentence huehue

D

Deleted member

aren't all For Glory Links?
Well I play For Glory with Link.

And I'm easily better than whoever that was.

So are a number of other people who main Link and also happen to use him on For Glory.

So no.

:|

Last edited by a moderator:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I remember at release when all the Links I saw were beast with zairs and bomb lag cancels and stuff

what happened to those links

Oh how I love Roll Glory :^)
Huh, the boomerang doesn't change direction when you reflect it? Amazing.

10/10 gorl, good job :189:

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Well I play For Glory with Link.

And I'm easily better than whoever that was.

So are a number of other people who main Link and also happen to use him on For Glory.

So no.

:|
It was a joke about how many bad people are on FG but ok

I'm glad to hear you're *actually* good with him, I enjoy watching Links who actually know how to play him well
I remember at release when all the Links I saw were beast with zairs and bomb lag cancels and stuff

The bomb lag cancelling was taken out in one of the updates i kno bc I dropped Peach bc of that and i cry evrytim :^(

D

Deleted member

The boomerang will only change direction if it is reflected as it is moving forward, any "reflection" as it is returning will only change who the windbox affects, as it did in the video.

Hell yeah! Look at his sick moves! :p

Ew no not Toon Link.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
So this happened.

My friend named Spenser: "At least you don't spell my name with a c."

Me: "...Cpenser?"

Spenser: ........

I swear, I'm the most stupid human being.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

The same thing that happened in Dark Souls multiplayer. :p

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Ok sis wait what happened to your controller though? Also rooms open
Oh, TV's not available, and I just need a quick refresher and break from my midterm studying, hence the short matches I can offer. If it's too short, we can do a FT5, but only if one of us sucks hard today (ie most likely me ;p )

Soul.

I dropped Toon Link as a main once 1.0.4 happened. I would still use him if BLC were a thing still.
Now he just feels meh.

Top Bottom