• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
F-zero racers oh my god.

Also Olimar. For some reason he has insane kill power in All star. The only Pokemon stage element that bothered me was Registeel. Oh my god Registeel.

Then theres Fox and falco. And oh my god Pit, Palutena, and Megaman. Samus with her charge when dealing with Link and Zelda.

I'm hammering the majority of the all-star challenges.
Olimar is strong in All stars since only physical moves are nerfed in that mode.

Unforunately, Olimar's pikmin count as projectiles so they do regular damage/knockback.
Same goes for other projectiles such as Megaman's fsmash, and such.

Rizen

Smash Legend
F-zero racers oh my god.

Also Olimar. For some reason he has insane kill power in All star. The only Pokemon stage element that bothered me was Registeel. Oh my god Registeel.

Then theres Fox and falco. And oh my god Pit, Palutena, and Megaman. Samus with her charge when dealing with Link and Zelda.

I'm hammering the majority of the all-star challenges.
These and Villager's Tree. It pops up during the confusion and kills super early.

warionumbah2

Smash Master
@ Lavani Lavani Against scrubby links just abuse your jumps while throwing out dairs, when they do something dumb(like up smash) fast fall into dash attack and do utilt(once or twice), foxtrot out the way so their dair can miss you and dash grab them into down throw.

-Profit

Against good links well good luck, i don't know what to say since FG will always lag and the slightest input lag can screw MK over. Links weakness is characters that have good mid range options, if you're out of his hookshot range what can he do? Boomerang/arrow/bomb pull animation gets punished on reaction,jab gets punished,hookshot gives you enough time to make coffee and come back.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
And then I came to the realization that :4palutena: :4ganondorf:, maybe :4zelda:, maybe maybe :4drmario: are the last characters of possible interest that I might be able to pick up as secondaries. Everyone else in the cast that appeals to me has been tried and dropped.

Probably time to get used to the idea of just sticking to :rosalina::4metaknight::4greninja:, there isn't any real reason to be trying to learn more characters anyway.

@ Lavani Lavani Against scrubby links just abuse your jumps while throwing out dairs, when they do something dumb(like up smash) fast fall into dash attack and do utilt(once or twice), foxtrot out the way so their dair can miss you and dash grab them into down throw.

-Profit

Against good links well good luck, i don't know what to say since FG will always lag and the slightest input lag can screw MK over. Links weakness is characters that have good mid range options, if you're out of his hookshot range what can he do? Boomerang/arrow/bomb pull animation gets punished on reaction,jab gets punished,hookshot gives you enough time to make coffee and come back.
Yeah that is exactly what I do against scrubby Links. The one giving me trouble today wasn't amazing, but he wasn't free enough to let me get away with that either.

Oh well, I'll just stick to the assumption that that MU is dumber in lag than it should be.

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Guys, what is the standard notation for custom moves? Is it neutral, side, up, down or neutral, side, down, up? The Robin custom thread has it as neutral, side, up, down but a lot of other people I've talked to say it's neutral, side, down, up so I'm unsure.
pick up as secondaries
Lavani are you sure you want to hurt yourself like this

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Guys, what is the standard notation for custom moves? Is it neutral, side, up, down or neutral, side, down, up? The Robin custom thread has it as neutral, side, up, down but a lot of other people I've talked to say it's neutral, side, down, up so I'm unsure.

Its Neutral, Side, Up, Down

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
why do you think I haven't done it yet :^)

My Zelda win rate is tied with my Jiggs win rate at least

not that that's a good thing

neutral, side, up, down

It's the same order they're displayed ingame:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500

neutral, side, up, down

word of advice: if you pick up Zelda, dtaunt is her most powerful move kk :')

Oh I didn't even think of checking that, thanks for going out of your way to take a pic of it; I appreciate it <3

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
neutral, side, up, down

I think the real question here is why is your 7th slot the 6th palette swap
Also by Standard Custom Moveset Project this should be 2222

/ocd

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500

/ocd
I think the real question is why he's using Launch Star Plus
Joking aside I think it might actually be useful against someone with a fast spike that would hit Rosalina out of her default up b /uselessmovehasause

Lavani

Indigo Destiny

/ocd
they are ALL purple
**** the moveset project

The only tournament I know of in my state doesn't use customs anyway, though that may change with evo. I don't need to load sets to anyone's Wii U at any rate.

I think the real question is why he's using Launch Star Plus
Joking aside I think it might actually be useful against someone with a fast spike that would hit Rosalina out of her default up b /uselessmovehasause
Mr. #2 at Apex uses it :227:

I like the versatility of the default more but eh, I can see the merit to it. I just picked a set that didn't have the same numbers for up and down lol

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767

neutral, side, up, down

Oh, you use Launch star plus? I personally prefer regular launch star myself. (Even if I'm terrible with it).

Soul.

don't worry I don't like the custom project atm either though... but for entirely different reasons
I don't like it because it needs an update
I'll have wasted my time making sets that are supposed to receive bugfixes on March 17

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
dammit why
that moveset thing needs an update
And it is being updated, with ten sets per character for EVO. Which will be done by March.

Oh, you use Launch star plus? I personally prefer regular launch star myself. (Even if I'm terrible with it).
Only really use 1 myself, just experimenting with it and have it for the aforementioned reasons.

Soul.

And it is being updated, with ten sets per character for EVO. Which will be done by March.
Oh cool. Now I'll know what are the best sets.
edit: not that i don't know all of them

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Launch Star Attack is like Farore's Windfall. It's unique, it could be useful, but it just sucks
Imo it's still pretty decent as a recovery and she isn't helpless when she recovers

I think I'm about to get in an argument with AlmostLegendary.

God bless me.
Read me and his arguement in the rosalina match up thread when they were discussing zelda. How is he not banned

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Imo it's still pretty decent as a recovery and she isn't helpless when she recovers
I mean...I guess I can see it being used to intercept people coming to edgeguard you, but with her default you could just recover low enough so that they couldn't reach you in the first place

The only reason I can see for using it is *IF* you can end her uair strings with LSA like ZSS' uair strings and Boost Kick.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Day 1 of Zelda For Glory rampage complete. I did some good work on people who don't know the matchup... but my crowning achievement is this masterpiece of For Glory work.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4G1jCBYn9NwM1RNZm5BNEpEbEU/view

Sorry for the glare... and general poor quality. I don't usually upload stuff, but I felt like this merited an upload. (Also, warning, this match almost went to time... for... reasons)

I'm sorry @berserker01 and my fellow Colony 6 gorls. I know you support destroying terrible Shulks but... I'm still sorry.

Edit: Oh god... the audio is kind of loud. :( Sorry.
Zelda's jab is now an SSS+ move. :awesome:

I'm thinking about finding a bad player on RG and only using our specials against them.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
The only reason I can see for using it is *IF* you can end her uair strings with LSA like ZSS' uair strings and Boost Kick.
This would get me to consider it, unfortunately she can't do the ZSS/MK carryoff combos with it

Having a hitbox on her recovery is kind of ok, but it guts her recovery distance horribly and kills her momentum at the end of it. The attack itself is pretty bleh.

For reference the Rosa sets I have on my 3ds:

I should maybe consider having more sets with default star bits or floaty star bits idk. Those two are transcendent while Shooting Star Bit is easily clankable.

I'm thinking about finding a bad player on RG and only using our specials against them.
isn't that every match for the typical FG zelda

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Zelda's jab is now an SSS+ move. :awesome:

I'm thinking about finding a bad player on RG and only using FW/nairo's love against them.
fixed, with more humor
Edit: I didn't prepar/care for post 1000 so have this comic instead

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
isn't that every match for the typical FG zelda
In my study of bad Zeldas, I've noticed that they just love to use all of her worst moves, except for Farore's (but they make it suck by spamming it) and dash attack (which is also made bad because of spam), lol.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
A synopsis of why Launch Star Attack is awful:
-It doesn't even travel half the length of FD.
-It doesn't kill Mario until 188% from the edge of FD (in the 3DS version).
-It halts all momentum after it finishes.
-You cannot go straight up.
-Rosalina loses the versatility her default recovery offers.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
FIRST 10 SECONDS IN THIS VIDEO IS DISGUSTING, FALCO HAS A STUPID COMBO THAT WORKS ON NESS AT ALL PERCENTS!!

JUST WATCH FALCO

@ Ffamran Ffamran

LIAR! (Liquid) Falco got bodied the entire game! Well, I guess we know superior genes don't mean anything. Solid Falco would have won. :p

Wait... Why's Slippy here?! :glare:

Soul.

Anyone wanna do some custom matches on 3DS because I'm bored and want to try them out

Potpourri

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2921-9942-8562
Extremely off topic but I'm playing Melee on my computer and tell me why Peach decided to get the worst weave job in Nintendo history.....

There is nothing "Sweet" about those highlights.

D

Deleted member

Has anyone else been on FG and noticed a lot of Marth players today? I've been finding a lot o-o

Top Bottom