• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Tried doc in trophy rush on 3ds

Had 7 fever rushes, died at 10 seconds left and one block away from an 8th

It is actually really strict (dunno if it's easier on Wii U), but I don't think Doc's the worst character for it. His bair and uair are really good at clearing out blocks.

Single short hop lemon back and forth. And then to continue lemon strings, I mostly use my grab trigger. Lemon practice is super therapeutic. What ends up happening when you try it?
It's really just that my finger hangs on jump too long when I'm also trying to press A, so I get fullhop lemons 95% of the time despite having no problems shorthopping otherwise.

I'm not really sure that Mega Man is a good fit for me anyway, I just really appreciate the character and love watching him.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I want to stab someone now. This was posted on the Character Competitive Impressions thread...
Nair 7 frames fair 14 frames uair 6 frames bair 9 frames dair 16 frames up b 14 frames. With the exception of fair these moves are exactly tge same. Their maybe different damage values but they're basically the same moves.

Down throw follow ups has little to nothing to do with the mario bros clone stuff. That's like saying ZSS and Falcon are clones because of dthrow uair strings.

Honestly, I think people are disagreeing with me because they play Ganon and they don't want to accept the fact that falcon is a faster better gannon.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Why not Mega Man... Oh no, you're... You're one of the Capcom employees! Why do you hate Mega Man? :p

The Falco boards seems be home to lurkers. The recent videos I posted had people doing things that were discussed about like people mentioned RAR Bairs a while ago and a random dude used Bairs to sort of space and prevent his opponent from getting in. The recent tournaments with Falco players didn't do that. >_>

I'd like it if people shared their tactics and such in the character boards. Speaking of which, is there a point to foxtrotting and dash dancing with Zelda? I could see perfect pivots having a use, but Zelda's initial dash is short and sort of slow. Foxtrotting with Palutena is funny because it looks like she's sweeping the floor with her dress and hair.
Zelda's PP is pretty good, but Palutena's has a weird, long animation when she turns around cuz she has a super fab turnaround animation so it messes it up. It's kinda hard to explain but you'll see it if you test it yourself.

Speaking of sharing tactics, call me crazy, but I want to have a little bit of Zelda metagame discussion. I found a lot of places on stages (especially Battlefield) where you can teleport cancel onto platforms and regain stage control, get back to stage easily, sneak in a lightning kick, or even end up in the perfect position to spike with dair. Besides it being flashy af, I think it might help with Zelda's movement a lot. What do you guys think?

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
So this ship happened.
I'M NOT SURE HOW I'M SUPPOSED TO FEEL ABOUT THIS

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Ahh, fullhop lemons. Yeah. I remember having that problem. I don't really remember how I fixed it, but I remember being pretty frustrated about how I couldn't short hop. Time & practice, I guess.

Palutena's PP IS SUPER WEIRD. Wow, it's so awkward. Not sure how I feel about it. If you're going to have a Zelda metagame discussion, I'll see myself out (and back on to For Glory to play more Zelda)

And, I should have left sooner...

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
So this ship happened.
You'd think Ganondorf would be fed up with goddesses by now. Divine prank.

Also, I didn't even know like 70% of those :4zelda: ships in your other post were a thing, but then again, it is the internet, after all. :p

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
ignore gold boxes that fall during fever rush, cause they wont count towards the next one and will only elongate the current fever rush. Also the directional explosive boxes are worth more points then then other boxes that aren't gold, bombs blocks always fall at the end of fever rush so it's predictable if you want to remove it. Trophy rush, while random like most game modes, throws things at you that you can handle unlike classic collusion mode
I've already beaten the challenge and figured most of that out (all except the cannons giving you more points) so thanks anyway.

-What I wish more people would say

I don't know why but I can't shorthop and lemon at the same time, my hands are too dumb for Mega Man. I think he's one of the most interesting characters in this game though.

@ Kofu Kofu I owe you a rerecord later tonight (you too @ Furret Furret ), the lighting in my house during daylight hours is SO BAD for recording:
Thanks, this is amusing. Apparently weak hit dair + 8 or 9 jabs = shieldbreak. I got another shieldbreak today with ROB's Arm Rotor. And yes, it killed too.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
So this ship happened.
Bahahahaha! I remember this. Ganondorf and I were opening up a couple of bottles of Chateau Romani, and boy it was great. I don't remember much of that night...
But I woke up in a bed with Palutena, Ganondorf, and Rosalina...
Ahhh... Good times....
We then made a pact to never have more than 2 bottles of Chateau Romani a night... Boy were we drunk.....

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Bahahahaha! I remember this. Ganondorf and I were opening up a couple of bottles of Chateau Romani, and boy it was great. I don't remember much of that night...
But I woke up in a bed with Palutena, Ganondorf, and Rosalina...
Ahhh... Good times....
We then made a pact to never have more than 2 bottles of Chateau Romani a night... Boy were we drunk.....
Chateau Romani's got nothing on Chuckola Reserve. Have enough of that stuff and you think it comes alive and attacks you!

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I've had weird things happen in trophy rush. Like side B with falco being pushed under the platform and dying. It's a mode I'll ignore after getting the challenges.
It's really good for getting customs for specific characters, also it's funny because it doesn't act like battlefield (you can pass though the bottom of the stage) and all the boxes act like windboxes (when sitting in place) and hitboxes (when falling)
Tried doc in trophy rush on 3ds

Had 7 fever rushes, died at 10 seconds left and one block away from an 8th

It is actually really strict (dunno if it's easier on Wii U), but I don't think Doc's the worst character for it. His bair and uair are really good at clearing out blocks.
I think Lil mac would be pretty bad even though having fast ground speed helps
So this ship happened.
ask @ Lozjam Lozjam he apparently is a chick magnet,

so clearly he would know. Oh, he beat me here... and I still have this pic... what to do...

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I mentioned it earlier but it still makes me giggle

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
so guise is there any point in using dolphin jump
Its the best UpB, the extra height allows them to go deep and edgeguard. Its definitely worth the lost hitbox.

So today I think I experienced alcohol. "But you're too young" Okay it was an accident. So my parents threw a party and I wanted ice cream, so I went down and saw this coffee colored ice cream so I tried it and turned out it was rum flavored. @ Lavani Lavani I see why yew like rum. Ugh, I feel like I'm gonna get a hangover. Never again... well actually until I'm 21.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Now that I finished Classic at 7.0+ with all characters on my Wii U, I'm moving on to All-Star on Hard. To mix it up, I'm doing it in reverse chronological order, just like the mode itself. So I started with Greninja.

...I don't k ow how many times I lost because I inadvertently used Shadow Sneak instead of Hydro Pump. I honestly lost more because of that than the opponents. That, and idiotic DAir suicides.

Lucina is next. Ew.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Tier list of threats in Allstar:
S
F Zero Racers
A
Pikmin Crab
5 Volt (mother in Gamer stage)
B
Pokemon stage elements
All other stage hazards
Hard level CPUs
C
Medium level CPUs
D
Easy CPUs

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Okay I think Lucario isn't actually going to work out for me after all. lol FG win rate down 81.75%→81.56%, I didn't win a single match I went Lucario today (granted they were all so laggy I couldn't even do things like shielddrop Force Palm, but all the same people were easy 2stocks with Rosa/MK so no johns)

Link and Toon Link both give me trouble with MK. Mostly Link because his range is absurd compared to MK, but I'm kind of afraid to shield around Tinks on wifi since that bthrow is brutal and wifi lag makes his grab "better". And projectiles are harder to powershield in lag, naturally. Lost to a Link I was going to beat handily by gimping him at 30% but then my Shuttle Loop saved him when I was recovering myself lol, whoops.

Runoff dair made Rosalina so much better, I should thank A2 for mentioning it in the competitive impressions thread because Dorf/Falcon both felt like they were harder matchups for me than they should've been and runoff dair edgeguards singlehandedly fixed the problem.

wait what, it's the best one?
Believe it or not it actually is legit good. Marcina really appreciate the extra recovery distance, and it lets them edgeguard that much harder.

Supposedly. I don't play Marcina and haven't tried it myself, but I've heard good things about it from Marth mains.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Tier list of threats in Allstar:
S
F Zero Racers
A
Pikmin Crab
5 Volt (mother in Gamer stage)
B
Pokemon stage elements
All other stage hazards
Hard level CPUs
C
Medium level CPUs
D
Easy CPUs
F-zero racers oh my god.

Also Olimar. For some reason he has insane kill power in All star. The only Pokemon stage element that bothered me was Registeel. Oh my god Registeel.

Then theres Fox and falco. And oh my god Pit, Palutena, and Megaman. Samus with her charge when dealing with Link and Zelda.

I'm hammering the majority of the all-star challenges.

Top Bottom