• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Ughhhh... Being sick is the worst. Why am I awake?

Oh right, my throat felt like a dry desert plain.
and after taking cough syrup, it feels like a slightly less dry desert plain, but still a stupid desert

Oh well... I guess I'll take this opportunity to grind for more 3ds customs. Toooo smash run!

Edit: You tell your brother to switch characters. That's how you deal with mega man as Kirby. At least, that's how Reserved does it. The DK matchup is fun on both sides.

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Smash Run is booty but Smash tour is the WORST

Smash run is legit. I'm a huge fan of this mode and it doesn't mess with my head like the other modes which have damage multipliers and stuff... Because equipment & powers.

Smash Tour...
Yeah, it is absolutely terrible.

Edit: You tell your brother to switch characters. That's how you deal with mega man as Kirby. At least, that's how Reserved does it. The DK matchup is fun on both sides.
Or maybe I should switch to Shulk or Mario and make the match up actually remotely do-able

Then again, using the same characters again and again and again can get really boring

EDIT:
http://smashboards.com/threads/monado-arts-landing-lag-cancel-mallc-discussion.393113/

If you're interested, I guess

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Whomever it was that thought it would be a good idea to make it so that you can nair with the c-stick is the worst person.

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Or maybe I should switch to Shulk or Mario and make the match up actually remotely do-able

Then again, using the same characters again and again and again can get really boring

EDIT:
http://smashboards.com/threads/monado-arts-landing-lag-cancel-mallc-discussion.393113/

If you're interested, I guess
Oh, I'm interested. Very interested. I just have a lot on my plate as it is for Mega and I'm still in the Zelda phase (I'll probably be out of it today).

Crash bomb can be used to eliminate any lag from any move by interrupting it and can be shielded on hit at low %'s (40% for mega, but I'm trying to figure out if it stales or anything) resulting in crash bomb lag cancels. DA>CBLC>BAir is cool as is DA>CBLC>usmash.

Also, trying to find more utility for uthrow. So far, not much. I'll switch to Shulk when I'm done with the Mega stuff. On topic of Kirby v mega, didn't m!ke Kirby beat neenjalink?

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
I remember talk of it but I didn't really watch the matchup. I was more watching NL's item pellet game which is so good. But I remember it at least being close? Iunno. It's a rough MU either way, but at least it's not dedede v mega.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
*fixed :awesome:
Being able to nair more easily while moving forward mid air is so helpful..
Maybe if it was consistent but I cannot seem to get it reliably whatsoever. I think it's a diagonal input but I only get the nair like 2/10 tries, so it just comes randomly when I don't want it to. This basically means that I'll have to learn Peach without using the c-stick.

The fact that it comes out if you flick the c-stick diagonally at all (in between all aerials) is horrible. Fix the c-stick, Sakurai . :(

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I've been using :GCA:+:GCN: for aerials since Melee. However, since I'm learning to use Peach, I thought learning to use the c-stick would be beneficial for her. I don't mind flicking (since I never had a c-stick habit to break), but being able to nair with it is awful. I'll just go back to how I usually do aerials.

I ALMOST FELL IN LOVE WITH DR MARIO

Then I tried to recover :^(

His DPS is really impressive. His moveset is actually great (because he's a clone of Mario). I personally like his f-air better than Mario's because it hits HARD

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Alright Zelda's! Time for a review for the New 3DS, with Ganondorf!
First, I would like to say, I come from the Original 3DS, and I have never had an XL but have several friends with XL's, of which I could borrow, so keep that in mind.
So let's get started!
I really like my New 3DS XL, overall I think it is great.
So let me go over the pros.
PROS

3D
The 3D, in my opinion, justifies the whole system. With my old 3DS, I never use the 3D. The 3D gave me headache, and I am never in a comfortable position whilst using the 3D. The New 3DS ratifies all of the problems the old 3DS's have and more. The 3D now creates a new level of immersion that makes 3DS games look even more fantastic. Games like A Link Between Worlds, Kid Icarus Uprising, Monster Hunter, and Majora's Mask 3D look completely different with the Super Stable 3D. This works by having a tiny camera track your eye movements, making the 3D's range much greater. This makes it so your 3D almost never breaks whilst you are playing, and I adore it. The 3D truly makes your games feel like you are in them.
Colors
Graphically as well, the New 3DS is superior in every way. I am not going to go over size, as it has the same screen size as the XL, but it is a huge bonus to those that have the Original 3DS. I will state, that the system feels great in your hands and I am really comfortable while playing it. The colors however, are another story. The New 3DS has richer colors, brighter colors, and it makes games look absolutely fantastic. These colors even make games look clearer, and allow you to see even more tiny details that you could not notice with an XL or 3DS. This is very true with Majora's Mask 3D, and Monster Hunter 4 especially.
Processing Power
The processing power, is a nice little benefit in my opinion. For Smash, the game loads up quicker, and that is nice. However the loading speed is not exactly game changing for most games. That said, for games like Monster Hunter 4, it is a huge benefit. The areas load almost instantaneously, and do not take that much off of the immersion. This also helps out it's download capabilities as well. So yes, I think it is just a nice feature at the current moment. However, once Xenoblade Chronicles 3D comes out, it is a necessity to those who want to play that game. Xenoblade Chronicles for the Wii is a fantastic game, and will completely justify and utilize the higher processing power.
C-Stick + Extra Shoulder Buttons
The C stick is another extra benefit of the New 3DS, and it gets the job done in some situations. In games like Monster Hunter 4, and Majoras Mask 3D, the C-stick is great and does the job very well as a method for camera control. It is again, an extra benefit. With Smash however, I find it pretty useless and inconsistent. In the heat of battle, the C-stick is in a really awkward place and is inconsistent, due to it being a little nub instead of a circle pad. So keep that in mind if you only want the C-Stick for Smash. The extra shoulder buttons are not really prevalent in any game yet, so I abstain from writing about it yet.
Regular Buttons
The face buttons, believe it or not, is different in feeling compared to the other 3DS's in the market. The buttons are a little bit more clicky, much like the original DS, and it actually makes games feel slightly more responsive. The Start and Select buttons too, are in an altogether better place, with a lot more give. The Dpad is also more responsive, and is lot better than the XL and the 3DS.
Amiibo
If you like Amiibo, then the New 3DS has Amiibo support. If you don't, just ignore it.
Battery Life
The New 3DS has an improved battery life over both the 3DS XL, and especially over the Original 3DS. With the Super Stable 3D on, the battery is about on par with the 3DS XL, lasting for 6-7 hours. Without it however, it runs about 8-9 hours, and with DS games it runs 10-11 hours. So it is an improvement! You can also switch out the battery if your battery gets old or broken.... Which brings us the the Cons!
Cons:

Access to Battery and SD card.
For those of you who do not know, the access to the Battery and SD card is now in the back of the 3DS. Of which you need a size zero Phillips Screwdriver to access it. Not only that, but this little cover is extremely hard to get off, especially if you are afraid of harming the system. When I was switching the default 4 Gigabyte Micro SD card, to the 16 gig one, I had to open the cover. Whilst I was doing this, I had other people in the room. The Screws do not fully come off, so it is very hard to tell if the screw is all the way unscrewed. On top of that, it takes an incredible amount of force to pry the cover off! When I finally opened it, I was greeted by a large "CRASH!", making not only me think, but the people on the other side of the room think I broke my brand new New 3DS XL. So there is that.
Game Cartridge Placement
The place where you put your cartridges is at the bottom... The can create some problems of accidentally ejected the game card if you are leaning the bottom of the New 3DS XL against your chest.
The Power Button
Also located on the bottom of the system, the power button is small and hard to press. The button itself has little "give" in it, and it can be very hard to turn your New 3DS XL off in the dark.
Sound
Coming off of the Original 3DS, the speakers of the New 3DS are worse and a lot quieter than the Original 3DS. The New 3DS does have an improvement over the 3DS XL though. So that is a plus.

So yes! That is my in-dept review of the New 3DS XL. I would say, if you have the Original 3DS, definitely get this upgrade and it is very very worth it. If you have an XL however, this upgrade is not too needed, but it is a very huge benefit with playing. So buy it at your own digression! I am loving my New 3DS XL currently, so it was a pleasure writing this review!

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
So I'm picking up ZSS

It's sad that people don't use her zair at all considering it does 6% tipped and can combo into a running JC Boost Kick at kill percents

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Morning zeldas
I see you've converted to hylianism as well berserker XD
I don't know how I ended up in that madness last night lmfao
What's going on with youse guys?

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Oh god Smash Tour. It doesn't matter how good you are, or how many characters you have. You can still be fourth because lol luck and stat boosts.

I totally wished that there was a mode in Sm4sh similar to Project M and the end battle of Smash Tour where each stock is one character for you. That would be so cool, but alas. :////

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Morning zeldas
I see you've converted to hylianism as well berserker XD
I don't know how I ended up in that madness last night lmfao
What's going on with youse guys?
I just picked up zelda yesterday after selecting her randomly while vs.ing a friend. (He played and mains ness)
Here's how I took down his 3 stocks:
Stock 1: Dair Meteor Smash
Stock 2: down throw, nair, nair, nair, fair
Stock 3: farroras wind into farroras wind
That one match convinced me to play zelda now :bee:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I just picked up zelda yesterday after selecting her randomly while vs.ing a friend. (He played and mains ness)
Here's how I took down his 3 stocks:
Stock 1: Dair Meteor Smash
Stock 2: down throw, nair, nair, nair, fair
Stock 3: farroras wind into farroras wind
That one match convinced me to play zelda now :bee:
Ayy another converted to Hylianism Zeldaism
She was fun to play in Brawl, but I never put any effort in her this game
I'll only pick her for fun or to disrespect someone
WELL A FG ZELDA BEAT ME BY CAMPING WITH DIN'S AND FARORE'S
that happened
You're going to have to hand in your avatar and drop Zelda
image.jpg

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Im finally putting work into kirby after taking second in my tournament, I went meta knight all the way came across Zero Skill Spamus who is pretty damn annoying for MK especially when she gets the lead (he likes stalling cause they call me campy knight or ***** ***** knight since I do stall when i get the lead).

I took a game off him on smashville then I thought "I gotta switch it up" since my hands were hurting and I couldn't sit through almost 8mins against spamus since I play extremly defensive. Then I saw kirbeh smiling at me then went full on yolo, his MU against high tiers are surprisingly good especially against ZSS.

Could've went MK but I needed to use someone that would end the match faster and kirby was a good choice. Solid combos, good normals like mario and tiny hurtbox.

Its a good thing I watched triple r use kirby in the past. And I think MK goes even against diddy, I sound like machitoto for a moment.

Oh and fyi sonic won the tournament no surprise there eh.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Now my signature looks more like a waifu shrine than a list of characters lol

In other news, Palutena can apparently do a pseudo chaingrab with her dthrow and uair and it's a great way to make people rage :') /forglorystories

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Now my signature looks more like a waifu shrine than a list of characters lol

In other news, Palutena can apparently do a pseudo chaingrab with her dthrow and uair and it's a great way to make people rage :') /forglorystories
Doesn't Pale tuna already have a chaingrab?

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Ships though.

S
:4zelda:X:4link: (TP ZELDA LITERALLY HAD ZERO CHEMISTRY WITH LINK BUT WHO CARES, GUILTY AND PROUD)
A
:4zelda:X:4marth:(not as good as marfxpech, but marf is love and life)
:4zelda:X:4ganondorf:(i'm kinda okay with this for some reason)
:4zelda:X:4peach:(ye)
B
:4zelda:X:snake:
:4zelda:X:4dedede:(WHY AM I OKAY WITH THIS I DUN EVEN)
:4zelda:X:4myfriends:
B-
:4zelda:X:4robinm:
:4zelda:X:4shulk:(not feeling A tier)
:4zelda:X:4zss:(pelda only good yuri ship tbh)
C
:4zelda:X:4pit:
:4zelda:X:roypm:(I almost forgot he existed)
:4zelda:X:4littlemac:(ur too short)
:4zelda:X:4falcon:(hyes-- no not really)
:4zelda:X:4robinf:(idk if this even exists lol)
F
:4zelda:X:4wario: (no)
:4zelda:X:4mario:(EVEN WORSE THAN ABOVE JUST DUNT) (AND NO:4luigi:EITHER)
:4zelda:X:4sonic:(WAT R U EVEN THINKING ANYMURE NO)
:4zelda:X:4lucario:(SCARRED FOR LIFE)

But do these ships even exist though?
:4zelda:X:4darkpit:(I actually see this to be not too bad)
:4zelda:X:4fox:(furries)
:4zelda:X:4greninja:(THIS PROBABLY EXISTS I FEEL)
:4zelda:X:4lucina:(lol pls nope)
:4zelda:X:4sheik:(wat)
:4zelda:X:4palutena:(this might exist soon, or already has)
:4zelda:X:rosalina:(err umm)
:4zelda:X:4wiifit:(there was that one pic of these two out there through inspection across the safe side of the internet, but idk)

DID I RUSTLE YOUR SHIPPING JIMMIES YET, GORLS!?! :^)

I'M PROBABLY MISSING A LOT TOO AND OH GODS OUR QUEEN IS IN TOO MANY SHIPS. INTERNET STAHP.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
#forglorystories

Got two bat-reflected Water Shuriken kills in one match. The second he was like at 70-80%. I knew reflected WS was strong (from playing Villager) but that made me lol.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Oh god Smash Tour. It doesn't matter how good you are, or how many characters you have. You can still be fourth because lol luck and stat boosts.
Right now I'm letting Smash Tour time all my actions out just for the sake of farming custom moves. I tried playing briefly when I noticed Metroid spawned for one achievement, but of course something arbitrarily grouped us up and then knocked me the farthest away.

Also did you know that the last battle is based on kills earned and not your fighters? I remember once having eight fighters, with my roommate having 2, red CPU having 1, and green CPU having 3. Green got 3 KOs, I got 3 KOs... it went to sudden death and I lost to Pikachu as D3. Even though I had six fighters left.

Smash Tour is simply the best.

Top Bottom