• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Man, no character loyalty and you picked up Zelda after seeing what she was like the last two games? You crazy, crazy man.

Stop that.
I actually started using Zelda at the tail end of Brawl. Falcon and Ike were just too different for me to like in this new game. I tried really hard... :,( It's just NOT the SAME!

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I'm glad someone else asked, because I've been wondering about that for awhile now.

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I want to pick up Palutena, ZSS, and Lucina and I feel like 6 characters is too much but then I see Macchiato and I'm just like ~what an inspiration~
I have too much to learn for Zelda alone. I'm really neglecting my mop and cancer.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Look y'all, Macchiato doesn't take Zelda seriously!

Unrelated, but I am really glad I got rid of Successor of Raphael. I don't even play Soul Calibur anymore.
oh!! i was wondering who @Brinzy was and now i know lol
I feel like soul Calibur is dead now. They practically ruined it at V imo
*incoming rant because of my love/HATE relationship with Bamco*

personally SC began its decline at SC3 because it went from being multiplatform to PS2 only until SCIV and everyone only bought SC2 for Link. SCIV died everywhere except EU and then someone had the bright idea to make the new SC and add more SF to the game which the final product ended up more obnoxious than good. oh and flashy.

in SCV defense (because i spent alot of time trying to defend SCV) it did attempt to do a few things to fix some of the problems from SCIV like quick step to deal with move tracking and changing Critical Finish>Critical Edge to make supers balanced but it made alot of the other dumb system changes and then got shafted because Bamco was prioritizing SFxT over SCV. now idk what Harada/Bamco is telling project soul to do with all this F2P junk staring SC characters is about. hell i like Patroklos and Pyrrah but when everyone is screaming for Talim and the first thing you do is remake Sophies kids that only like 2% of the SC players like...somethings wrong.

the worst part is SC was the ONLY weapons fighter that feels like its really in 3D and not just "oh look i can sidestep into the background." movement really mattered in SC and bamco is just throwing it away to support Tekken... (the amount of tekken dlc for the brief time SCV had DLC was disgusting). its not like Virtua Fighter where only 5% of the western world likes it, alot of people like SC and they are just running it into the ground now more than Sonic has been.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I like how earlier on in the game's life I was like "Man I can only play :4dedede: and kinda :4greninja:, I wish I had more character diversity"

now it feels like I have too many characters to learn, though I'm lessening my workload considerably by dropping Dedede and not working on Palutena

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
I like how earlier on in the game's life I was like "Man I can only play :4dedede: and kinda :4greninja:, I wish I had more character diversity"

now it feels like I have too many characters to learn, though I'm lessening my workload considerably by dropping Dedede and not working on Palutena
That's more like it. Who has time for penguins and pole dancers anyways?

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Here's my smash story. In the beginning I planned to main wii fit. I mained her for a month then I saw Nairo using zelda and tried her for myself and loved her. Then that led to me trying half the roster and well.

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
Here's my smash story. In the beginning I planned to main wii fit. I mained her for a month then I saw Nairo using zelda and tried her for myself and loved her. Then that led to me trying half the roster and well.
Be the Edge Master of Smash.
I believe in you.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Ok so I think I'm going to try and master Shulk's MALLC and then see how I do with the Mop, Polenta, and Zero Skill Spamus.
My Smash story: Zelda is tied with Shulk, Fiora, Melia, and Samus for my favorite video game character so I mained her in Melee. Then when Brawl came around and Zelda still sucked I realized I was stuck in an endless stream of disappointment from Sakurai :^) I'm just waiting for the day Zelda is high tier, and it's sad cuz there are some easy changes to her moveset that could make her that.

Soul.

Pikachu is love. My avatar is ironic.
I hate the GCN controller yet the avatar has one

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
My smash story is basicmally:
Pretend to be a serious Zelda player
Actually main Rob
Use Peach because she's pretty fab
and troll with Wario

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
The first time I played Brawl I was undefeated as Diddy.

#amIaprophet

/smashstory

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
My Smash Story:
Went into Smash 4 expecting to play Meta Knight, Dedede, Rosalina (my favorite characters in the roster), Luigi, Jigglypuff, and Lucario (old mains from previous games). Then I found out I sucked at everyone but Dedede, and that Dedede sucked at fighting half the cast. Messing around with other characters, I discovered Greninja was pretty fun to play and Hydro Pump was hilarious. Stuck with Dedede main+Greninja secondary for a few months while trying other characters every so often (usually revisiting Meta Knight, but I literally went through half the cast). Rosalina eventually started to click with me when I tried her again some while after her nerf, when I looked into picking her up for some MU my Greninja was having issues with (I can't remember which) and I ended up making her my main. My Meta Knight started to finally show some progress, so I started considering him a secondary too. Messing around with more characters I eventually found some interest+potential in Lucario and Palutena.

tl;dr
Expected: :4metaknight::rosalina::4dedede::4luigi::4jigglypuff::4lucario:
Early on: :4dedede::4greninja:
Later: :rosalina: / :4greninja::4dedede:
Now: :rosalina: / :4greninja::4metaknight: / :4lucario::4palutena:

There were also some brief stints with Roy and Robin in there somewhere idk, they very clearly weren't panning out and I dropped them early on.

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
When Smash4 first came out I had an 8 player battle with my friends, 5 stock.

I played Zelda and got 14 kills.

/smashstory

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
It happened.

I made a guy salty when I used Zelda in 8-player smash by throwing him off a walk off and reflecting his tree. Lost first and he himself switched to Zelda next match.

He lost first again. :^)

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I thought the Dress stuff hasn't arrived here, but looks like it is

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
Srsly, that dress is so stupid it's clearly tacky and cheap probably something Rosalina would buy from Target where she got her default nightgown.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Lavani, yeah, I meant to gif the shieldbreak. Message me your FC, I assume you don't want it out in the open.

Characters I used in each Smash game? I'll cut these off at 5 because Brawl and Smash 4 could go on a while.

64: :kirby64::pikachu64: (I think that's who I used when I played the game, I don't own it and never have, I promise I didn't just pick top tiers)
Melee: :gawmelee::falconmelee::mewtwomelee::drmario::pichumelee:
Brawl: :gw::ganondorf::rob::ness2::samus2:
3DS/Wii U: :4gaw::4villager::4dedede::4rob::4ganondorf:

I'm not totally sure if Villager is working out for me but I do like how he plays. I'm also finding Palutena quite fun and might add her to my top 5, replacing Ganon. ROB is also slightly iffy (FTilt nerf sucks, I agree, @ Indigo Jeans Indigo Jeans ). I may add Ness back if I can get the hang of him again; he was a relatively late addition to my Brawl roster but found him fun. Ludwig will also get some attention.

Top Bottom