• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Thinking about Brawl got me thinking about games before Brawl. Who all did yew gorls play in previous games?

64: :luigi64::jigglypuff64::yoshi64::ness64:
Melee: :jigglypuffmelee::luigimelee::mewtwomelee::zeldamelee::ganondorfmelee::icsmelee::nessmelee:
Brawl: :lucario::zelda::ness2::luigi2::popo::dedede::jigglypuff:
Sm4sh ( / denotes cutoff for who I'm taking seriously): :rosalina::4greninja::4metaknight::4lucario: / :4palutena::4ganondorf::4dedede:
64: lol I was 6
Melee: Roy
Brawl: C. Falcon, Ike, Snake

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Ok so I don't mean to steal the spotlight but I have a question for you gorls about Olimar. He's my worst matchup no matter who I play as, and I never know who to play as against him. Who do you guys think does best against him: Shulk, Robin, Zelda, or Palutena?

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
Side B 2 is trash. The range is screwed over, and I believe it does less damage. The others are preference though. I personally run 2/3/3/1 Olimar.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Ok so I don't mean to steal the spotlight but I have a question for you gorls about Olimar. He's my worst matchup no matter who I play as, and I never know who to play as against him. Who do you guys think does best against him: Shulk, Robin, Zelda, or Palutena?
Probably not Zelda because it was a hard counter in Brawl and it's mechanically the same fight... only Zelda has down B and another kill move while Olimar has a much improved recovery, so her old best tool isn't as effective for kills (Dsmash).

Robin I feel is too slow and would get out camped easily. Furthermore, red and yellow Pikmin will nullify some of Robin's attacks, which is part of the reason why Olimar was hard on Zelda.

Probably customs Palutena, followed by Shulk, followed by regular Palutena.

/not-so-educated guesses

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Wii fit trainer

Let's see
64: N/A
Melee::zeldamelee::pichumelee:
Brawl::zerosuitsamus::lucas:
Wii u::4wiifit::4zss:/:4wendy::4darkpit::4drmario::4gaw::4jigglypuff::4kirby::4myfriends::4littlemac::4lucario::4lucina::4marth::4metaknight::4peach::4palutena::4robinm::rosalina::4samus::4sheik::4tlink::4zelda:

/ shows who I main seriously

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Side B 2 is trash. The range is screwed over, and I believe it does less damage. The others are preference though. I personally run 2/3/3/1 Olimar.
Oh, there's a recovery worth using over the default? I thought upB 1 looked blatantly dominant from my limited testing (1312 and 1112 were the sets that stuck out to me the most)

Olimar seems like a character that should be a perfect fit for me on paper but idk, I don't feel like that holds true in practice

Soul.

wait if Side B 2 on Olimar is trash why is it on the custom project set whatever thread
inb4 it's going to receive an update on March

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I think the Kirby MU is pretty unfair to Olimar
"Olimar vs Kirby has the potential to be the worst MU in the game just because of how overpowered the copy ability is. If the Pikmin latched on like Olimar's does, then it wouldn't be a problem. However, due to the fact that they have insane base knockback, it completely walls out Olimar. Kirby's Pikmin will straight up kill Olimar's, and since he doesn't have to worry about them dying or reloading he can sit there and spam with very little Olimar can even do about it. " :^ )

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I think the Kirby MU is pretty unfair to Olimar
"Olimar vs Kirby has the potential to be the worst MU in the game just because of how overpowered the copy ability is. If the Pikmin latched on like Olimar's does, then it wouldn't be a problem. However, due to the fact that they have insane base knockback, it completely walls out Olimar. Kirby's Pikmin will straight up kill Olimar's, and since he doesn't have to worry about them dying or reloading he can sit there and spam with very little Olimar can even do about it. " :^ )
Only problem is you have to actually eat Olimar

Also in custom environments you apparently need to use default inhale for the dumb pikmin (no idea why it's different but w/e)

wait if Side B 2 on Olimar is trash why is it on the custom project set whatever thread
inb4 it's going to receive an update on March
idk

I just know whites with sideB 2 do like half the damage or something

Last edited:

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
They took out fan faves like seung mina and talim and added characters with little, horribly designed, or no personality like patrokolos and Z.W.E.I
Mina was my gorl all day!

That's kinda why Zelda's my girl now though. No more Mina. :(

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
Oh, there's a recovery worth using over the default? I thought upB 1 looked blatantly dominant from my limited testing (1312 and 1112 were the sets that stuck out to me the most)

Olimar seems like a character that should be a perfect fit for me on paper but idk, I don't feel like that holds true in practice
Well, it depends. The distance standard up b goes is dependent on the Pikmin in tow. Up-b 3 doesn't go as high, but is always consistent. I'm using Hardy Pikmin, so my goal is to get a team of reds and purples and proceed to wreck face because Hardy Pikmin are stupid tanky. I'd only recommend up-3 only if you're running Hardy Pikmin, otherwise go for the default since the default and explosive pikmin are much more expendable.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Well, it depends. The distance standard up b goes is dependent on the Pikmin in tow. Up-b 3 doesn't go as high, but is always consistent. I'm using Hardy Pikmin, so my goal is to get a team of reds and purples and proceed to wreck face because Hardy Pikmin are stupid tanky. I'd only recommend up-3 only if you're running Hardy Pikmin, otherwise go for the default since the default and explosive are much more expendable.
Oh, upB 3 is that one. I see.

I didn't mess around with the different neutralBs yet so I guess that would explain why it seemed blatantly worse than the default to me.

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
I genuinely cannot understand why people hate/dislike Rosalina so much. Is it because she has an out-of-date hairstyle and is strangely emotionless?

Also, today is my 16th birthday! Too bad I'm not officially 16 for another 3 hours :ohwell:
:starman: HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIS! :starman:
that was too much fun to make.
Thinking about Brawl got me thinking about games before Brawl. Who all did yew gorls play in previous games?

Melee: :jigglypuffmelee::luigimelee::mewtwomelee::zeldamelee::ganondorfmelee::icsmelee::nessmelee:
Sm4sh ( / denotes cutoff for who I'm taking seriously): :rosalina::4greninja::4metaknight::4lucario: / :4palutena::4ganondorf::4dedede:
64: :pikachu64:
Melee: :pikachumelee::zeldamelee:
Brawl: :zelda::marth::pikachu2:>:ike::lucario:>>:peach::charizard:>>>:wolf:
Project M (just for fun): :zelda::lucario::charizard:
Smash 4: :4zelda::4pikachu::rosalina:>:4marth::4lucina:>>:4myfriends::4darkpit::4charizard:>>>:4lucario::4duckhunt::4peach::4pit:

The >>>s denote the various degrees of how serious I'm taking these characters.

Also, I wanted to ask the mods something. My friends and I from the old Brawl online social have been wanting to make a new thread in the Smash 4 online subforum to continue our legacy of dumb. I know there's a social in general discussion, but would this one be ok to exist in the online section? I hope so, we really want this. Our old thread is dead and we want our own place.

A big part of the old one was to find one another in Basic Brawl, and this one could be the For Fun version.
Also we just want to get off skype because ew skype is poison and Smashboards is love.

Also @ the Soul Calibur talk, I haven't had the misfortunechance to play IV or V yet. I have the games, but other things out-prioritize them. Also III is love and is life.

D

Deleted member

:starman: HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIS! :starman:
that was too much fun to make.

Melee: :pikachumelee::zeldamelee:
Brawl: :zelda::marth::pikachu2:>:ike::lucario:>>:peach::charizard:>>>:wolf:
Project M (just for fun): :zelda::lucario::charizard:
Smash 4: :4zelda::4pikachu::rosalina:>:4marth::4lucina:>>:4myfriends::4darkpit::4charizard:>>>:4lucario::4duckhunt::4peach::4pit:

The >>>s denote the various degrees of how serious I'm taking these characters.

Also, I wanted to ask the mods something. My friends and I from the old Brawl online social have been wanting to make a new thread in the Smash 4 online subforum to continue our legacy of dumb. I know there's a social in general discussion, but would this one be ok to exist in the online section? I hope so, we really want this. Our old thread is dead and we want our own place.

A big part of the old one was to find one another in Basic Brawl, and this one could be the For Fun version.
Also we just want to get off skype because ew skype is poison and Smashboards is love.

Also @ the Soul Calibur talk, I haven't had the misfortunechance to play IV or V yet. I have the games, but other things out-prioritize them. Also III is love and is life.
^ Amen to this. Skype kinda did something to our group and it's not the same as it used to be, and we believe that bringing it back to Smashboards will be a lot better.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon

64: :mario64::kirby64:
Melee: :mariomelee::linkmelee::drmario:
Brawl: :lucas::ness2::falco::peach::metaknight::samus2:
Sm4sh ( / is the cutoff): :4greninja::4mario:/:4pacman::4peach::4lucario::4falco::4robinm::4wiifit::4villager::4littlemac::4palutena::rosalina::4samus::4shulk::4sonic::4zss::4zelda:

The list slowly expanded until it just flat-out exploded in Sm4sh.

Soul.

Skype sucks. There is no point in using it unless you're not in Smashboards.
Social threads in forums are love.

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
I feel like soul Calibur is dead now. They practically ruined it at V imo
ACTUALLY THOUGH.
My friend showed me the latest DLC for Lost Swords and it's just a bunch of smut stuff for the female characters like omg, Amy is only 16 and they're promoting you to dress her in something that barely covers her Reeses Pieces.

Why don't they sexualize the mens as much, I don't understand.
Oh wait, maybe "Lost Swords" is a reference to how the mens have like, no bulges.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Melee: :zeldamelee: :pikachumelee:
Brawl: :zelda: :snake: others :peach:
Smash 4:

It's funny cause I had this huge list of characters I wanted to pick up in Smash 4, but I noticed I have a tendency to end up with two characters.

Spirst

Yay, more lists!

64: :fox64:/:pikachu64:

Melee: :foxmelee::jigglypuffmelee:/:mewtwomelee:

Brawl: :pt::warioc:/:snake:

Smash 4: :4greninja::4pacman::4duckhunt:/:4charizard:

Serious characters are to the left of the /.

General rule of thumb is to always play at least one Pokemon in each iteration.

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Yay, more lists!

64: :fox64:/:pikachu64:

Melee: :foxmelee::jigglypuffmelee:/:mewtwomelee:

Brawl: :pt::warioc:/:snake:

Smash 4: :4greninja::4pacman::4duckhunt:/:4charizard:

Serious characters are to the left of the /.

General rule of thumb is to always play at least one Pokemon in each iteration.
Wat. Smaug isn't serious? I know you joke around with him, but Smaug is still Smaug.

Spirst

Wat. Smaug isn't serious? I know you joke around with him, but Smaug is still Smaug.
Considering how little time I actually put into him and how his gameplan is basically flamethrower>grab>beat the living **** out of the other player, I wouldn't consider him that serious. He's mostly just carried over from Brawl PT.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I just beat a guy by screwing around with foxtrots! :laugh:

I think the guy was having fun and not taking it seriously. Oh, and I have the replay if anyone wants to see it. :awesome:

Last edited:
Top Bottom