• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Let's be real, Sakurai is clearly just desperate for some female characters.

Irrelevina and Wii Fit Trainer made it into Smash Bros based on that alone.

#sorryboutit
Lets just forget that she was playable in the last mario game then

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
Plus, wii fit trainer represents hardware. What other hardware-specific characters have been released recently?

Rizen

Smash Legend
^Game and Watch and ROB were hardware. Now they need Virtual Boy as a character, lol.
And in an interview he trash talked PM and other mods and said he'd kill himself if he wasn't making smash. Nintendo needs to get rid of him.
Do you have a link?
Also click the edit button and copy and past instead of double posting. It keeps the forum organized or something.

What's with the Evil Conspiracy title? I think I missed something in the last few pages :/

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Honestly, (If it matters to any of y'all) Wii fit Trainer is very relevant. Or at least, Wii Fit is. The game sold more copies than some of Nintendo's original, and most popular games in it's history. I think that might warrant some notice.

Besides, a new version is being released soon on the WiiU, and generally, Sakurai seems to pick characters from more recent, or popular games/series, so WFT has that. *shrugs*

Also, she's already in the game. Sakurai is not gonna remove her no matter how much you complain. (@haters)

EDIT; @ Rizen Rizen , The "Evil Conspiracy" I think the title is hinting at is likely Fuujin's belief that the Mods are out to make sure he's banned... Or something like that. > _ >

Player -0

Smash Hero
Well the point of the Wii's idea was that you could exercise inside or while having fun with other people. So it wold make sense that Wii Fit sold a lot. Rosalina doesn't seem to be very relevant in my opinion, she's featured in Super Mario Galaxy and then as a secret/side character for another few games.

Going to get flamed for this but I'm not even hating, Rosalina just hasn't been in many big games. I mean besides Super Mario galaxy.

Sakurai just doesn't care, Lol.

Rizen

Smash Legend
This thread should be titled 'The Relevance of Characters Who Aren't Zelda General Discussion' lol. I wish more information would come out about Zelda but very little info about gameplay has been released about SSB4 in general. :[

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
Wait, when did he ever trash talk PM or other mods? Or even acknowledge their existence for that matter? Do you have any source on this?

Unless... You are referring to that one satire article....
I'll try to find the link. It was awhile ago

I do agree on the unbalance issue. Characters like pikachu and meta knight were way too powerful compared to ones like zelda or captain falcon. I get that there has to be some difference in character level, but not that much.

yeah, I don't think sakurai trash talks pm.
There was one time, and also he's their main reason for trying to shut down the competitive scene for Apex.

^Game and Watch and ROB were hardware. Now they need Virtual Boy as a character, lol.

Do you have a link?
Also click the edit button and copy and past instead of double posting. It keeps the forum organized or something.

What's with the Evil Conspiracy title? I think I missed something in the last few pages :/
I double posted? Didn't realize, or remember, oopie.
I don't want to get started on Sakuri on this forum. Things could get nasty. I want to keep things light and happy.

Rosalina's stupid! Lol
Zelda needs to be like she is in PM.

Last edited by a moderator:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Am I a mod here yet? (it's honestly impossible to tell).
At the very least I want to be able to merge some of those posts.

DarkStarStorm, PLEASE, try not to double or triple posting in the future. use the "Edit" button at the bottom of your post and copy-paste messages you want to add to it.
Double and triple posting is an Infraction-worthy fault.
So is bashing any Smash game.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Am I a mod here yet? (it's honestly impossible to tell).
At the very least I want to be able to merge some of those posts.

DarkStarStorm, PLEASE, try not to double or triple posting in the future. use the "Edit" button at the bottom of your post and copy-paste messages you want to add to it.
Double and triple posting is an Infraction-worthy fault.
So is bashing any Smash game.
Do you have mod powers in this room? If you do, just use 'em here.

I should really be checking here more often but I've been busy with super secret awesome staff stuff!

And also fixing reports on the other side of the site because our ****ing moderators are lazy. lel

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Double post for ze bump since it's been a few days.

I am currently listening to Wand of Gamelon (CD-i game) soundtrack, and it's actually really impressive! It's not entirely what you'd expect from a Zelda game, but it's much better than I thought it would be.

Rizen

Smash Legend
There isn't much relating to SSB4 Zelda to talk about at this point. Nintendo needs to release more information.
Everything's been said:
She looks younger and angry, maybe the statue will be her new downB and sheik will be a separate character, buff her moves to make her competitive... :ohwell:

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I do agree on the unbalance issue. Characters like pikachu and meta knight were way too powerful compared to ones like zelda or captain falcon. I get that there has to be some difference in character level, but not that much.

yeah, I don't think sakurai trash talks pm.
What the? :confused::ohwell:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Well, not on a competitive level, but I do find that Pikachu have Smash a bit too powerful, with very good range and priority and easy to spam. (the down one especially) Playing Ganondorf against him is clearly hard (again, not on a competitive level)

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Just press up on the directional stick when you get hit by downsmash, you'll get out 90% of the time even as Ganon.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
... As a Zelda mainer since the release of Melee, I wonder how I can still forget the Directional influence.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
For the record, I am not lazy, I am unsure of the extent of my powers plus been busy with the moving.

Everything is fine now so, let's get to it.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
... As a Zelda mainer since the release of Melee, I wonder how I can still forget the Directional influence.
She'd be the first female villain ever... And that's what we need. More females. And more villains. Kill 2 birds with one stone.

L2 Sentinel

Smash Apprentice
I'll most likely be maining Zelda again, but I could see me picking up Rosalina as a potential alternate. I'm not threatened by a new magi entering the arena. Zelda will still be Queen in my eyes.

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Let's make it our goal to snatch all the wigs of the characters on SSB4.

If Dixie makes it in, it will be glorious.

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
Dang Zelda just snatched rosalina and Palutenas wig off! Man Zelda is on a roll! Who's wig is she gonna snatch next? Medusa and bayonetta's?

Sun & Moon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedNes30
3DS FC
3411-1835-2138
I really hope Sakurai buff Zelda. The main changes I want are faster attacks and a faster greb as well as a better combo ability. Zelda's tilts are too storng, too slow and they also send the enemy in a terrible angle. Also, her aerials are terrible: bair, dair and fair are only strong if you hit the enemy with a EXTREMILY TINY sweetspot, otherwise my oponents counter attack me while Zelda lags herself. Her uair is very strong, but is so slow...I would not mind trade power for speed.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I really hope Sakurai buff Zelda. The main changes I want are faster attacks and a faster greb as well as a better combo ability. Zelda's tilts are too storng, too slow and they also send the enemy in a terrible angle. Also, her aerials are terrible: bair, dair and fair are only strong if you hit the enemy with a EXTREMILY TINY sweetspot, otherwise my oponents counter attack me while Zelda lags herself. Her uair is very strong, but is so slow...I would not mind trade power for speed.
I mainly want a speed buff and faster grab. I think tilt's power are good like they actually are, and the forward-tilt can give some combo.
About the BAir, DAir and FAir, all those kind of moves were poorly done in Brawl. The problem is the same for Falcon's knee of justice of Jigglypuff's rest. In Melee, they weren't that are to do. And yes, that weird lag if sweespotted is... well, weird. I do agree the DAir is really hard to do, though.

Come on Zelda! Prove that the Wii Fit Trainer gave you proper training!

Downdraft

Smash Ace
SS Zelda would have never been an option without totally reworking her moveset. OoT and TP Zelda are royal and are adept at magic. SS Zelda is neither.

EDIT: I really hope she's decent in this game Project M Zelda is hella awesome.
Brawl- Max Zelda is also very fun.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
You take a chozo artifact, crack open the helmet with a smash, and steal that girl's flimsy wig.

Ftilt leading people above Zelda (like in PM) as a set up for utilt/usmash/uair would be glorious.

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
BBrawl had it, too.
Her Ftilt's lag was cutted down, that alone made it easy to Hitconfirm it into buffered U-tilt/smash.

Top Bottom