• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
A better way of describing what I mean might be, 'I wish Nayru's Love was a disjointed attack'.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
I think what you're trying to say is that Nayru's needs better/bigger hit boxes.
Nayru's is already disjointed and transcendent in priority.

The hitboxes and massive amount of ending lag are what make the move bad.
It's super weird against aerial characters, like iirc only two of the many hit boxes effect aerial character or something weird like that.
So all people have to do is jump or be airborn to not get hit by Nayru's love.
This made it near useless against Peach.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
I always found it ironic that two of her best moves(imo) are her only attacks that don't involve magic.
D smash and D tilt.

Not counting get up and ledge attacks that is.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
and MK and Marth

also priority exists in brawl, there's like 6 attributes that determines move priority
No, MK's Dsmash hits on frame 5, and marth's is frame 6. Taken straight from their respective SSBB character boards.

Not that 1-2 frames matters THAT much in this case, MK's Dsmash is still stupid, and Marth's is pretty good and has a high damage output.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
oops, my mistake

also i meant to reply about this:

1. Her moveset only sucks in brawl because Sakurai decided to get rid of a lot of good Melee based IASAs and he didn't make the grounded multi-hit attacks un-SDIable. Rizen basically summed up the necessary changes
no it sucks because they gave a character with terrible defensive traits (light, floaty etc) moves that are inherently only good to be used defensively (aka to wall approaches)

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Yeah, I guess saying it was the ONLY reason was a stretch. ^ ^

She sucks for a lot of different reasons. :urg:

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
no it sucks because they gave a character with terrible defensive traits (light, floaty etc) moves that are inherently only good to be used defensively (aka to wall approaches)
Zelda's a glass cannon, really strong but really fragile. so those "bad defensive traits" make her what she is.

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
Aww, Fuujin got banned :( (No sarcasm)

Zelda's moves are too slow to be an effective glass cannon. Plus they have some weird properties like SDi.
Feel free to disagree, I'm no zelda main :/

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
speed isn't everything if you have other properties to make up for it. personally i feel Zelda's just too much risk and no real reward atm. if it could be balanced out to a rough 50/50 then she could function better as a glass cannon.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Zelda's a glass cannon, really strong but really fragile. so those "bad defensive traits" make her what she is.
no, she's a glass cannon BECAUSE of her bad defensive traits, but her moveset looks designed to be for a mighty defensive wall.

She's meant to be able to zone people and control space but she can't do that with the tools she has now.

Master Morrison

Smash Cadet
She is too slow to do anything though
Like most of her moves have bad lag and the only moves that are good or fast aren't reliable like the fair and bair her fsmash needs to be a single hit rather than multi because multi are not too good when it can be sdi
Her tilts need to be faster
They are nice but too slow
And grab needs to be faster
Well she just needs speed overall and better specials or well faster specials
And no transform
And if she is keeping transform they should make it like her dtaunt or something so she could have an extra move to help her cause honestly I never shift between sheik and Zelda
If I wanted to be sheik I would have just picked her from the start

tsuchinoko

Smash Rookie
Its so weird. Zelda has been my main for years in both Melee and Brawl. I've never really gotten into discussions of tiers and competitions and all that, I just practiced a lot on her moveset and always liked using her. I always beat everyone I play, even against people who have played in tournaments. It was only recently that people were telling me that she was always seen as a weak or flawed character, but I never thought so. Its all really interesting to know this stuff now. I wonder how I would do in a tournament.

First post BTW.

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
This is exactly how I was until a few weeks ago. Best brawl player I know, minus one guy. For me it was marth, who I had no idea was high tier, and recently kirby :)

OT: It's too bad the lightning kicks are so hard to connect with. Those are her only feasible kill moves for me.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Aww, Fuujin got banned :( (No sarcasm)

Zelda's moves are too slow to be an effective glass cannon. Plus they have some weird properties like SDi.
Feel free to disagree, I'm no zelda main :/
Uhh, every move can be SDI'ed, in fact, it's harder to SDI zelda's multi-hits than it is to SDI normal attacks. But they CAN be SDI'ed so they're escapable. The only reason a move cannot be SDI'ed is if its SDI multiplier is coded to times zero. (x0) Examples of moves that have no SDI multplier are Zelda's kick sweetspots, her NAir, and Marth's tippers. Unfortunately, Zelda's Fsmash is coded to x0.5 and Usmash to x0.1. So harder than x1 AKA normal, but still there. :ohwell:

EDIT; I wonder what Fuujin did this time...

Rizen

Smash Legend
With Fuujin the question is 'what didn't he do?'.

I use Usmash more for juggling damage and punishing dodges than KOs. I save Utilt for KOs.

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
Uhh, every move can be SDI'ed, in fact, it's harder to SDI zelda's multi-hits than it is to SDI normal attacks. But they CAN be SDI'ed so they're escapable. The only reason a move cannot be SDI'ed is if its SDI multiplier is coded to times zero. (x0) Examples of moves that have no SDI multplier are Zelda's kick sweetspots, her NAir, and Marth's tippers. Unfortunately, Zelda's Fsmash is coded to x0.5 and Usmash to x0.1. So harder than x1 AKA normal, but still there. :ohwell:

EDIT; I wonder what Fuujin did this time...
But the point of everyone's problem with these multi-hits is that it's easier to SDI out of them. If it were harder, wouldn't there be no problem?

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
I don't do subtlety. So I'll just say it.

I don't care if Zelda sucks, I'll still play her cause shes sexy as hell.

But her not sucking would make it that much sweeter.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I was checking and apparently Fuujin didn't do anything banworthy lately probably the system go resetted and he got banned by default, or something like that. #FreeFuujin

Now, that's an interesting picture.
Ftilt confirmed as NOT being the PK

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Oh, that one thread I'm not subscribed to because I just didn't.
idk, the Rosalina thing was pretty light (he even added "joke" to the whole thing) and the last report I feel was a bit too rigorous.

The only major issue he got into was the PM thing which could've discussed.

idk, maybe I'm just too light-hearted about the major sis. #FreeFuujin

B!ggad

Smash Apprentice
So, no cool new Phantom stuff in her A moves after all. And thus Rosalina and Zelda actually do share some moves (to a great extent at least).

Too bad.

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
Psshhhh... for all you people wanting the Skyward Sword iteration of Zelda, y'know she's too soft for Smash. Twilight Princess Zelda is simply much more badass than Skyward Sword Zelda.
Skyward Sword Zelda went on a quest of her own. It just isn't shown in it's entirety in the game, but it's every bit as lengthy and dangerous as Link's.

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
Skyward Sword Zelda went on a quest of her own. It just isn't shown in it's entirety in the game, but it's every bit as lengthy and dangerous as Link's.
Don't get me started on how Nintendo needs to FIRE SAKURAI! He's such a jerk and has no care for what Smashers want. NINTENDO: FIRE HIM AND LET THE PMBR TAKE OVER!

Last edited:

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
Woah. What just happened?! It turned very negative very fast. And isn't sakurai known for listening?

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
Woah. What just happened?! It turned very negative very fast. And isn't sakurai known for listening?
When has Sakuri listened to us. We wanted another competitive smash game like Melee, and what did we get? Unbalanced, campy, and poorly designed Brawl. He wants it to be casual. And in an interview he trash talked PM and other mods and said he'd kill himself if he wasn't making smash. Nintendo needs to get rid of him.

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
I enjoyed brawl, but I guess it's an opinion.
It's okay, but it's not a competitive game and the characters are so unbalanced it's not even funny. In Melee there wasn't perfect balance, but it was a little better. Nintendo needs to go back to Melee, and spend some time evening the playing field and making better choices.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
When has Sakuri listened to us. We wanted another competitive smash game like Melee, and what did we get? Unbalanced, campy, and poorly designed Brawl. He wants it to be casual. And in an interview he trash talked PM and other mods and said he'd kill himself if he wasn't making smash. Nintendo needs to get rid of him.
Wait, when did he ever trash talk PM or other mods? Or even acknowledge their existence for that matter? Do you have any source on this?

Unless... You are referring to that one satire article....

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
It's okay, but it's not a competitive game and the characters are so unbalanced it's not even funny. In Melee there wasn't perfect balance, but it was a little better. Nintendo needs to go back to Melee, and spend some time evening the playing field and making better choices.
I do agree on the unbalance issue. Characters like pikachu and meta knight were way too powerful compared to ones like zelda or captain falcon. I get that there has to be some difference in character level, but not that much.
Wait, when did he ever trash talk PM or other mods? Or even acknowledge their existence for that matter? Do you have any source on this?

Unless... You are referring to that one satire article....
yeah, I don't think sakurai trash talks pm.

Top Bottom