• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Have you gorls seen the community-voted tier list? It's a gr8 laugh.

LUIGI IS BETTER THAN SHEIK. LUIGI4PRES2015

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
boss is my hero he proved that luigi is the best character in the game i thik hes even better than didy kong i cant wait for him to win apex and show that dumb monky whos boss XD

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Oh, I completely agree. I'm just miffed about him losing his terrific throw game.

I actually preferred bair or nair off of dthrow in 1.0.0, but 1.0.4 changed it so uair was the only real option at most percents, and past 60% or so (much earlier with rage) you just don't have throw combos at all anymore.
It's still decent but I have a sneaking suspicion that a lot of the throw combos I get off of his DThrow can be DIed/airdodged/NAired out of. I picked Dedede up after the patch so I don't have much experience with his DThrow game prior to that barring being on the receiving side a handful of times. You mentioned that it used to combo into Rising Dedede for a kill? That sounds delicious.

I don't get the FAir nerf either, but I have been able to get three consecutive hits from it. Apparently ~39% was too OP but ~36% isn't. Meanwhile Shulk gets buffs on basically all his moves and Zelda got a game-changing UTilt damage buff...

I think you meant Triple D's Uair beats every Uair since ROB's Dair hitbox is insane unless I'm misunderstanding something.
There are a few DAirs that might beat it (ROB's, Mega Man's, Rosalina's) but in general if you're trying to challenge Dedede's UAir from above you'll lose. You can also hit him from the side but shh

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I like how Mii Gunner is bottom tier but Brawler is high tier. It shows how people just vote depending on whether they've heard if a character is good or not.

edit:
This list is actually horrible
are you telling me it's not an accurate representation of character strength?

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I approve of :4gaw: being last. It means I can laugh when I beat people with him. Even though he's far from worst but w/e.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
So, I just watched a Melee match on Zelda... Why does she have 3 sweet-spot aerials again?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Was anything in Melee a good idea?
Ganondorf's "tuck" voice clip for his jumps were. Why? 'Cause they're hilarious. Oh, and "FOIYAH!" for Falco's Fire Bird. Otherwise *looks at Pichu*, yeah...

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
It's still decent but I have a sneaking suspicion that a lot of the throw combos I get off of his DThrow can be DIed/airdodged/NAired out of. I picked Dedede up after the patch so I don't have much experience with his DThrow game prior to that barring being on the receiving side a handful of times. You mentioned that it used to combo into Rising Dedede for a kill? That sounds delicious.

I don't get the FAir nerf either, but I have been able to get three consecutive hits from it. Apparently ~39% was too OP but ~36% isn't. Meanwhile Shulk gets buffs on basically all his moves and Zelda got a game-changing UTilt damage buff...
The hitstun on it is actually pretty good, it's safe to say that if you can reach them with your first jump your followup will probably combo. It's just the increased base knockback means that happens a lot sooner now, and the vertical launch also makes bair/fair stop comboing much earlier as well. Fun fact, at a very specific percent you can actually combo dthrow>sideB for 32% if they DI poorly! :4dedede: And yeah, the weaker knockback let Rising Dedede's strong hit combo into it for a kill around...it was either 100% or 120%, I'm drawing a blank. Too much time away from Dedede, I'm forgetting my numbers. :c

The most confusing part of the fair nerf to me is how bair seems like it's nearly always the better option, even before fair was nerfed. It hits harder, it can actually autocancel from a shorthop, 16% vs 12% and actually has kill power, it hits hard enough to be safe on shield spaced due to the knockback, less landing lag if not autocancelled, and the hitbox doesn't match the animation so the fact that the swing starts from below you doesn't matter; the air behind Dedede's head will hit opponents at the start anyway!

also gordo reflect threshold being lowered 3%>2% was really dumb

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
@SBphiloz4 I just saw your post on the Rosalina MU thread.

Beautiful. Like Macchiato's, very thorough. You (Macchiato as well) should get a cookie.

It was even better because you looked so smarT in the midst of people being unsure whether or not to take you seriously. Hehe.

Edit : Also looking at the ratio lists, the Zeldas have been the best contributors. It was like an ideal raid IMO.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Ganondorf's "tuck" voice clip for his jumps were. Why? 'Cause they're hilarious. Oh, and "FOIYAH!" for Falco's Fire Bird. Otherwise *looks at Pichu*, yeah...
I do have to admit that I like Falco's screech when you kill him in Melee. It's like a OOOOWWUH noise iirc.

edit:
:zeldamelee: ^^
( and :bowsermelee::ganondorfmelee::mewtwomelee::peachmelee: <3 )
imo Zelda shouldn't have been added until Brawl bc she probably wouldn't have the trash moveset she has now. She could've been a cool sword character with her rapier from TP.

They did make Peach perfectly, though. and Ganon was actually cool in melee

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I still think Melee Zelda is the best of all the Smash Zeldas.

I faced BC's best Rosalina in tourney last night. Wasn't really difficult.

I'd say 45:55 to 40:60 against Zelda.

Last edited:

Mericus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mericus
Sorry for posting again so soon, but did anyone else enjoy Melee :peachmelee: way more than Brawl/SSB4 ?

dat VA

They did make Peach perfectly, though.
I felt so robbed when Stitchface lost it's ability to KO and even moreso when :4robinf:'s Tomes were given what was rightly:4peach:'s ;-;

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sorry for posting again so soon, but did anyone else enjoy Melee :peachmelee: way more than Brawl/SSB4 ?

dat VA
Everytime I hear about Melee Peach, the first thing that comes to mind: ..............dsmash......hnggh..... The only thing I don't like about Melee Peach tbh is Peach Bomber. It was kinda meh in Melee.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Ugh, the social convention of watching the Super Bowl. Boring game, and a hideous half time show.... Meh.... At least the food and commercials are good..... And at least I have my 3DS and Fire Emblem Awakening...

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
Ugh, the social convention of watching the Super Bowl. Boring game, and a hideous half time show.... Meh.... At least the food and commercials are good..... And at least I have my 3DS and Fire Emblem Awakening...
I'm watching the super bowl. I'm a big fan of football. But I also have my 3ds at hand for some scrubby for glory matches.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I still can't figure out where my FE:A went ;_; Or EOU, now...I know where I left them, but apparently my father moved them and doesn't remember doing so and I spent the weekend searching the house for them to no avail.

Life is hard.

This was the best Mario RPG

for one simple reason:

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
Sea Hawks for the win.

At least the Jurassic World trailer is dropping. I made this to celebrate. @ Fernosaur Fernosaur I guess you would want to see it:

Last edited:

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
Screw Brady!

But thanks.

And I forgot to add the "/" which is why it glitched. I love spoiler tags.
Lol I fixed it anyway. But I actually like Brady and Wilson, it's just Sherman I don't like.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
The hitstun on it is actually pretty good, it's safe to say that if you can reach them with your first jump your followup will probably combo. It's just the increased base knockback means that happens a lot sooner now, and the vertical launch also makes bair/fair stop comboing much earlier as well. Fun fact, at a very specific percent you can actually combo dthrow>sideB for 32% if they DI poorly! :4dedede: And yeah, the weaker knockback let Rising Dedede's strong hit combo into it for a kill around...it was either 100% or 120%, I'm drawing a blank. Too much time away from Dedede, I'm forgetting my numbers. :c

The most confusing part of the fair nerf to me is how bair seems like it's nearly always the better option, even before fair was nerfed. It hits harder, it can actually autocancel from a shorthop, 16% vs 12% and actually has kill power, it hits hard enough to be safe on shield spaced due to the knockback, less landing lag if not autocancelled, and the hitbox doesn't match the animation so the fact that the swing starts from below you doesn't matter; the air behind Dedede's head will hit opponents at the start anyway!

also gordo reflect threshold being lowered 3%>2% was really dumb
I agree with pretty much everything in this post. I almost think a lot of throws have too much hitstun given how long you can follow some of them up, but at the same time it's nice for the characters that can get hits off of them.

FAir seems to be better for hitting grounded foes and it comes out quicker but those are the only advantages it has over BAir in my eyes. In general I wonder what the testing team's thoughts were about aerials, IASA frames, autocancel frames, and balance were. You have someone like Ike, whose aerials have massive range and hit like a truck, but who gets two AC aerials to space with and another with minimal enough landing lag to start combos and which covers his whole body. Meanwhile Game & Watch doesn't have any AC aerials and his best aerial from Brawl, BAir, not only got its damage gutted but also became much laggier upon landing. Their startup is also ranges from average to slow. If Marth fast falls his FAir at all he gets saddled with heavy lag, even though the reward he gets from it isn't nearly what he got from Brawl, but Falcon and Zelda have potent sweetspot aerials that have lag to prevent spamming them (the concept is good but the execution is a little off). Palutena's FAir is weak (7%) but the whole animation lasts much longer than it looks like it should and I don't think you can pull a second one out before you land (you might be able to jump though, can't remember offhand). Villager's NAir does more damage (at the start anyway) and he can pull out a second befire he lands. Diddy's UAir isn't laggy in the slightest and has incredible reward and just seems absurdly imbalanced to me.

Anyway that's my rant.

Top Bottom