• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I AGREE THAT I'M AWFUL WITH ZELDA DITTOS LOL. And against opposing Zelda in general. XD

BUT AS YOU CAN SEE, if you don't use Zelda, you don't win as much. POSSIBLE INCENTIVE TO ACTUALLY STICK WITH ZELDA INSTEAD OF CHANGING MAINS ALL THE TIME? :^))))))
After that adventure to the Rosie MU thread, I'm staying zelda. I like convinced every one that the MU isn't that bad (except for the hoe-ass troll) and the average of all the scores atm are equal.

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
You do not want to do that. Big expectations lead to big disappointments. Just look at what happened to Twilight Princess.
They promised us this with its reveal
We did not get that.
Luckily Zelda Wii U looks to be keeping its promises, so I suggest you stay as well informed and realistic. Just watch the gameplay, it doesn't really spoil anything, just the vastnes of the world, horse a.i., and the focus on archery.
Yes, I totally understand that viewpoint, but lately when new games are coming out I'm usually reading about them all the time, and actually get very familiar with it before it's even out, which then leads to me getting bored of the game quickly. I'm going to be most surprised with my most anticipated game. But other than that, I totally agree with you.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592

Mericus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mericus
Luckily Zelda Wii U looks to be keeping its promises, so I suggest you stay as well informed and realistic.
I've been out of circuit with upcoming games lately so I only know bits n pieces of Zelda U.
Tbh the open world thing + map scares me a bit that Nintendo may go the " Mission Sandbox " route with just one big overworld and everything visible off the bat filled with very random feeling content.

I actually liked that in the past there were places dedicated to themes for Gorons/Zoras/etc. with some nice closed off areas that surprised you at times ( Gerudo stealth segments in the N64 era for instance ).

What's your opinion @ Lozjam Lozjam ? am I being too worried ? :u

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I've been out of circuit with upcoming games lately so I only know bits n pieces of Zelda U.
Tbh the open world thing + map scares me a bit that Nintendo may go the " Mission Sandbox " route with just one big overworld and everything visible off the bat filled with very random feeling content.

I actually liked that in the past there were places dedicated to themes for Gorons/Zoras/etc. with some nice closed off areas that surprised you at times ( Gerudo stealth segments in the N64 era for instance ).

What's your opinion @ Lozjam Lozjam ? am I being too worried ? :u
I know Aonuma really well(Despite not knowing him in person, or even seeing the man), I have read almost every interview he has ever posted, and I have read, and even created many Zelda Wii U analyses myself that some turned out to be true. While it is "open world" it is definitely not going to be like Skyrim, nor is there going to any shortage of sidequests either. When it comes to an open world, I think it is going to be exactly what the series set out to do. With the original Legend of Zelda, you could go anywhere you wanted, yet some things were "blocked off". I think it will be the same with Zelda Wii U. Aonuma has been revisiting that with ALBW, HW, WWHD, and MM3D. He has stated many times he wanted to revisit what made Zelda games good. and put all of those things culminated into a single Zelda game.
If you are worried about a story too, do not. Aonuma has stated
Looking at the comments on Miiverse regarding Hyrule Warriors, it’s been great to see a lot of positive feedback. But one of the things that leaves me with rather complicated feelings is that people are saying, “Oh wow, I really love the cutscenes in this game! This is better than the stuff Nintendo does!” Of course, that leaves me a little conflicted, and gives me a mission now to make sure that the new Zelda game that I’m working on can hold its own in that aspect against Hyrule Warriors!
So the cutscenes will be good, meaning there will be a story.

Not only that, but Miyamoto has stated that the world will change depending on what you do. What this says to me, is a story and gameplay that is unique to each playthrough. I predict that the overworld will change, and become more troubled with each dungeon you complete. This would provide an excellent contrast to the initial beauty of Zelda Wii U, and into a darker, malevolent world. I believe this is going to happen because of Majoras Mask 3D as well. I suspect that if you can complete dungeons in any order, then they will also get more difficult, the more dungeons.

For the places with dedicated themes. Do not worry. Miyamoto stated in the iJustine interview that the a single area, is as big as the world in Twilight Princess. Now this was very interesting to me, as the mention of TP caught my eye. So I did an analysis. You can see many of the areas withing Zelda Wii U's map that are from, or inspired by TP, more like it. It is right here, I also apologize for the shoddy workmanship, I am no artist.
Map analysis.png

There is going to be a lot of content however. Miyamoto also stated that you could get distracted and do as much as 50 things while completing one objective. But I am sure, everything will have more reason to it, unlike Skyrim. ALBW pulled that off marvelously.

All in all, I do not think you have reason to worry. Let us keep our eyes and ears open for new information, and hope for the best. I think they will deliver though, as the whole premise of Zelda Wii U was very well thought out. I think Zelda Wii U has the opportunity to be the best Zelda game we have ever seen.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I feel like if toon zelda was a thing yew gorls wouldn't use her because she's a good character (even though zelda is already is smh) and I would be the only one switching to her

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Guess I missed the first part of top 16, dang that bracket though.

Amazed aMSa 2-0'd Ally, I don't even have words for that. Sad to hear he lost to MVD, but I bet that was a great set and I can get behind a DH/Mac rep too.

Absolutely shocked that Nairo, NAKAT, and Ally were all eliminated before top 8. Thought for sure at least two of them would've made it, and I was convinced ZeRo v Nairo/Ally finals were going to be a thing. Now I'm guessing it'll either be ZeRo v Nietono or ZeRo v M2K...hopefully the former, I'm going to be really sad if Apex ends with Diddy dittos.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo

Amazed aMSa 2-0'd Ally, I don't even have words for that. Sad to hear he lost to MVD, but I bet that was a great set and I can get behind a DH/Mac rep too.

Absolutely shocked that Nairo, NAKAT, and Ally were all eliminated before top 8. Thought for sure at least two of them would've made it, and I was convinced ZeRo v Nairo/Ally finals were going to be a thing. Now I'm guessing it'll either be ZeRo v Nietono or ZeRo v M2K...hopefully the former, I'm going to be really sad if Apex ends with Diddy dittos.
NAIRO DIDNT MAKE IT?!!!

PROBABLY BECAUSE HE DIDNT GO ZELDA SMH

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533

I wouldn't be sad if Diddy dittos were in the end. It will further legitimize his op status, potentially leading to bans or nerfs.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Oh yeah, Ganondorf dittos are the best. Especially when it's against a really amazing Ganondorf. It is also really exciting because a single hit can cost you the match. You truly see some amazing and exciting things, and it is really interesting as well. The thing I love about Ganondorf, is that 2 players can play him in 2 totally separate and unique ways, and still do just as good.
You quoted the wrong person; you quoted Lavani... Life as a SSB4 Falco mod where you're irrelevant and forgettable. :sadeyes:

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Considering only 2/8 of the top 8 is Diddy and both of them are well-renowned players, I don't think Diddy v Diddy grand finals would have anything to do with possible future balance patches.
Not to mention NoA is the one sponsoring Apex and not NoJ; they aren't the ones with the power to change anything, they're likely just there to advertise.

NAIRO DIDNT MAKE IT?!!!

PROBABLY BECAUSE HE DIDNT GO ZELDA SMH
crying literal irl tears

You quoted the wrong person; you quote d Lavani... Life as a SSB4 Falco mod where you're irrelevant and forgettable. :sadeyes:
He is educating me on the intricacies of Ganondorf, DUH

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Tbh after apex I'm pretty certain that they'll buff zelda due to almost no representation and nerf all the too tiers.
I wished they would fix the damned hitboxes on Link's Clawshot for his grab, Meta Knight's hitboxes on pretty much everything, and explain why Falco Phantasm doesn't have a full hitbox.

I hope they nerf Little Mac's recovery even more. :p

Seriously, his recovery was **** before, why make it even ********? That's like a stomp on your groin after a kick there.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I bet they're going to nerf Dedede again. ;_;
I don't even play (or like) Dedede but I still feel that his nerfs were unnecessary. I'd like to know what they were thinking when they decided nerfing Dedede was a good idea. I imagine it was something like, "Wow, Dedede sure is good! He has the worst air speed and basically the slowest attacks in the game! He has some cool follow-ups off of his d-throw so just get rid of that and any of his other redeeming factors! He'll be so balanced!!!1!!1"

*cue sakuratena pic that i don't have*

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I don't even play (or like) Dedede but I still feel that his nerfs were unnecessary. I'd like to know what they were thinking when they decided nerfing Dedede was a good idea. I imagine it was something like, "Wow, Dedede sure is good! He has the worst air speed and basically the slowest attacks in the game! He has some cool follow-ups off of his d-throw so just get rid of that and any of his other redeeming factors! He'll be so balanced!!!1!!1"

*cue sakuratena pic that i don't have*
Meanwhile, Kirby's U-throw and Samus being the best character...

Edit: I should make that Diddy frame speed ranking...

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I don't even play (or like) Dedede but I still feel that his nerfs were unnecessary. I'd like to know what they were thinking when they decided nerfing Dedede was a good idea. I imagine it was something like, "Wow, Dedede sure is good! He has the worst air speed and basically the slowest attacks in the game! He has some cool follow-ups off of his d-throw so just get rid of that and any of his other redeeming factors! He'll be so balanced!"
"Lets nerf Mac's Side B even more!" :D - Sakurai 2014

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
"Dthrow uair is only broken if it's on Dedede."

I'm still baffled at fair getting a damage nerf too, of all things. Who thought fair was broken?

I wished they would fix the damned hitboxes on Link's Clawshot for his grab, Meta Knight's hitboxes on pretty much everything, and explain why Falco Phantasm doesn't have a full hitbox.

I hope they nerf Little Mac's recovery even more. :p

Seriously, his recovery was **** before, why make it even ********? That's like a stomp on your groin after a kick there.
Wanna fix Link's clawshot hitboxes? Just pivot grab. :smirk:

The Little Mac recovery nerf was so questionable. I thought 1.0.0 Mac was kind of annoying to deal with, but for the kind of character he is he had to be. imo he should get either the old sideB or old jab back, if not both.

---

Also, Apex top 8 characters for anyone that cares and doesn't know:
:4diddy:
:4diddy:
:4sheik:
:4sheik:
:4pacman: :4wario:
:rosalina: :4olimar:
:4sonic:
:4duckhunt: :4littlemac:

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I hate Little Mac now.
Hey, at least Wario, Duck Hunt, Pac-Man, and Olimar made it in. They're breathes of fresh air... well, everyone, but Wario, that is.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
tbh the only character I legitimately dislike in Smash is Pac-Man.

Zero Requiem

Smash Apprentice
And still no Zelda to be seen whats so ever xD Oh well I'm sure we all knew what we were getting ourselves into when we picked this character. But look on the bright side Zelda is in top 8! just not how we want her.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Also, Apex top 8 characters for anyone that cares and doesn't know (MY GUESSES):
:4diddy:Zero
:4diddy:Mew2King
:4sheik:Nietono
:4sheik:Other generic top tier user
:4pacman: :4wario: Wut
:rosalina: :4olimar: DABUZZZZ
:4sonic: That one lame Sonic that I can't recall his name :^)
:4duckhunt: :4littlemac:More wut

Top Bottom