• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Latte

Smash Ace
@ Shrokatii Shrokatii Thanks for playing, that was a latte fun! You're obviously quite a bit better than me overall. If you couldn't tell by my constant SDs, I'm not used to playing on the 3DS. The Circle Pad makes me sad LOL

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
@ Shrokatii Shrokatii Thanks for playing, that was a latte fun! You're obviously quite a bit better than me overall. If you couldn't tell by my constant SDs, I'm not used to playing on the 3DS. The Circle Pad makes me sad LOL
Lol that's fine. even though i dont have a wii u, i still hate the 3ds controls. but you did beat my marth, which is probably one of my best. ggs!

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I just thought nobody would get it :c
But it even had a parenthesized "Mexico" after it for a while at least. So, I don't get how people would not get it.

I suppose people who don't live in America (and maybe Canada) might not get it, and there are plenty of people who fit that category here. I just thought it was pretty smarT.

Last edited:

Latte

Smash Ace
Lol that's fine. even though i dont have a wii u, i still hate the 3ds controls. but you did beat my marth, which is probably one of my best. ggs!
Yeah, GGs! Even though I won most with Zelda, Peach is probably my best character. Trying to play as her with the 3DS's Circle Pad is near-impossible though, IMO.

Both your Marth and Sheik were really good. I think the main reason I was able to beat them was because I have more practice in those MUs than in the MUs of the other characters you played as. You're one of the first Pits I've ever played against, I think.
Hopefully we can play again sometime!

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
It's really depressing being shieldbroken by a Lucina around 40%

It's like, damn if this was a Marth I'd be dead now

But even her fsmash charged can't kill me without a tip on it

Fought a pretty good Mac/Lucina player just now and I was really hoping he'd go Marth instead at some point but it never happened. Pretty sure he would've beaten me much more than the 6-1 that ended up happening if he did ;_;

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
@ Lavani Lavani ! What happens if you tech Kirby's Final Cutter while he tries to recover? I just fought a Kirby and I teched his Final Cutter and Kirby just dropped to the blast zone.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
If you mean he didn't grab the ledge, either he was holding down for no good reason or he'd grabbed the ledge recently and couldn't regrab. Teching wouldn't have anything to do with him dying.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
If you mean he didn't grab the ledge, either he was holding down for no good reason or he'd grabbed the ledge recently and couldn't regrab. Teching wouldn't have anything to do with him dying.
What if I knocked Kirby back off stage? Kirby should be able to regrab the ledge in that case. It was so weird since I just crouched, was hit by Final Cutter, teched it, and Kirby fell to his doom. Well, time to delete that replay some time later.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Really just sounds like he was holding down to me.

I don't know why he would be, but that's what would cause that.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Really just sounds like he was holding down to me.

I don't know why he would be, but that's what would cause that.
Neither do I. Oh well.

Speaking of Shield Breaker, the funniest thing that happened was that while playing as Marth against a Link, on his second stock he threw a Gale Boomerang which I jumped over and started to charge Shield Breaker for no reason. Well, the Gale Boomerang came back and I was pushed towards him and got to land an amazing Shield Breaker. His other death was also from his Gale Boomerang that pushed him off the further away from the ledge after I hit him. I have the replay and it's just hilarious. Now, if only I could upload it...

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
But it even had a parenthesized "Mexico" after it for a while at least. So, I don't get how people would not get it.

I suppose people who don't live in America (and maybe Canada) might not get it, and there are plenty of people who fit that category here. I just thought it was pretty smarT.
Sis, you're damn righT.
I should've trusted the original intenT.

It's really depressing being shieldbroken by a Lucina around 40%

It's like, damn if this was a Marth I'd be dead now

But even her fsmash charged can't kill me without a tip on it

Fought a pretty good Mac/Lucina player just now and I was really hoping he'd go Marth instead at some point but it never happened. Pretty sure he would've beaten me much more than the 6-1 that ended up happening if he did ;_;
I feel like choosing between Marth and Lucina is evaluating risk/reward.
Can you manage outzone your opponent? (Marth) Does he/she have strong zone-breaker tools? (Lucina) Is your opponent waiting for you so you need to carefully calculate your approaches? (Marth) Is he/she a mobile character you want to read and punish at the cost of precision? (Lucina)
It's a player/matchup/personal/feeling preference. IMO

That's why I NEVER go Marth over WiFi.

Last edited:

Mericus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mericus
Oh my gosh

Playing against other SB users terrifies me.

..With the exception of @ Macchiato Macchiato . Playing against him is a lot less nerve-wracking for some reason. It's probably because of our super ultra special #coffeepals connection but idk for sure
Fighting CPUs will probably teach you bad habits more than anything.

These Boards are quite friendly and wouldn't be anything like what some un-named unsavory Boards would be like. From the whole time I've been here, nobody has actually gone out of there way to trash talk another player ( and that's rare ).

I attempted starting a Casual Group awhile back for the purpose of helping those who are still shy, but it kinda flopped :(
Maybe we could have people looking for friends/buds to play with from these Boards have their NNID , Timezone , and Console posted in the OP to help others find respectable humans to play with? o:

EDIT: oh and heres a free GIF I guess since everyone seems to be doing it :

@kaazers :u

Last edited:

Xys

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1435-5012-4542
I can't find the option

maybe i will do a dramatic reading of my youtube comments before i disable them
Your comments have been so negative because people cant come to terms that zelda is bad after we Zeldars destroy them online. I noticed you comments being like that a couple of weeks ago. Kind of made me cringe.

Latte

Smash Ace
Fighting CPUs will probably teach you bad habits more than anything.
Yeah, I've heard that. I never train against CPUs; I usually just practice in FG, which probably teaches just as many bad habits as fighting CPUs.

These Boards are quite friendly and wouldn't be anything like what some un-named unsavory Boards would be like. From the whole time I've been here, nobody has actually gone out of there way to trash talk another player ( and that's rare ).
I've noticed that these boards are particularly friendly as well. It's nice that the people here don't trash talk other players; they're all too busy trash talking Zeldawful :^)))

I attempted starting a Casual Group awhile back for the purpose of helping those who are still shy, but it kinda flopped :(
Maybe we could have people looking for friends/buds to play with from these Boards have their NNID , Timezone , and Console posted in the OP to help others find respectable humans to play with? o:

EDIT: oh and heres a free GIF I guess since everyone seems to be doing it :
I think it's probably best for shy players, such as myself, to just force themselves out there and ask for/accept battle requests.

That GIF is fab, by the way.

Mericus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mericus
I've noticed that these boards are particularly friendly as well. It's nice that the people here don't trash talk other players; they're all too busy trash talking Zeldawful :^)))
Lol that's so true xP

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Went to my first Smash 4 tournament today which was VSB #20. Placed 5th of around 35. I actually went 100% Zelda. I hate Captain Falcon :(

Big D still thinks Zelda is the worst in the game despite my efforts to convince him otherwise. I at least bring him to last stock sigh...

Last edited:

Xys

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1435-5012-4542

Only we can trash talk her though. If anyone else does

Marie Antoinette

Smash Apprentice
Ive been meaning to play with the gorls but i am TERRIFIED of facing my mains even if theyre not dittos. when i tune in to rollglory every once in a while, i have the sheer luck of encountering rosalumas and zeldas when my first instinct is to commit suicide and get the hell out of the room.

Speaking of i found the FIRST decent sheik in fg. shes hard to find on her own, but this was a really good one and japanese to boot-- they always LEAVE THE ROOM IF YOU'RE A STINKIN WESTERN~

EDIT: @ Fernosaur Fernosaur your illustrations are amazing! ive been meaning to tell you that for the longest time, mad respect

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Neither do I. Oh well.

Speaking of Shield Breaker, the funniest thing that happened was that while playing as Marth against a Link, on his second stock he threw a Gale Boomerang which I jumped over and started to charge Shield Breaker for no reason. Well, the Gale Boomerang came back and I was pushed towards him and got to land an amazing Shield Breaker. His other death was also from his Gale Boomerang that pushed him off the further away from the ledge after I hit him. I have the replay and it's just hilarious. Now, if only I could upload it...

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Ive been meaning to play with the gorls but i am TERRIFIED of facing my mains even if theyre not dittos. when i tune in to rollglory every once in a while, i have the sheer luck of encountering rosalumas and zeldas when my first instinct is to commit suicide and get the hell out of the room.

Speaking of i found the FIRST decent sheik in fg. shes hard to find on her own, but this was a really good one and japanese to boot-- they always LEAVE THE ROOM IF YOU'RE A STINKIN WESTERN~
Ganondorf dittos are the best. @ Lozjam Lozjam , confirm or deny. :p

Win or lose, they feel like playing rugby or some extreme sport. It's hilarious because pretty much any hit will send each other flying only to come back and beat the **** out of each other. I have fought Ganondorfs who spammed Flame Choke and Dtilt, but they're rare. In most cases Ganondorf will usually be decent in some way and that makes dittos with him so freaking fun.

The worse characters to fight For Glory for me include Jigglypuff, Little Mac, Villager, Sonic, Toon Link, Link, Lucario, Bowser, Samus, Duck Hunt, and Rosalina. They pretty much slow the game down in some way like they camp or Jigglypuff floats everywhere or Little Mac becomes a game of how can I toss you off the freaking ledge or Bowser being this annoying Koopa Klaw spammer. Everyone else is manageable if they ever show up like the illusive Peach, Olimar/Alph, Pikachu, and Marth.

The best fights for me would be Ganondorf dittos as mentioned above, Fox, Captain Falcon, and Falco. Those matches tend to go at a faster pace since they can't really camp nor spam well.

Anyway, I just fought my first Diddy Kong in like a month. I don't remember what happened, but this dude progressively got more and more tryhard after each match. I wanted to screw around as Ganondorf, but I don't know what to do against Bowser Jr./Iggy, so I switched to Captain Falcon and this dude ends up switching to Sheik and then Diddy. Well, I lost the first match against Diddy, bit I won the next by dunking him with an aerial Raptor Boost and later gimping his recovery. The Ganondorf ditto after that really made up for it.

Marie Antoinette

Smash Apprentice
^pikachu's another rare one and i got a really annoying one (also japanese!)! wish i had seen this earlier:

I didnt trust my zelda on this one and got punished for it

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I actually really enjoy fighting Little Mac and Lucario. I feel Little Macs are a good lesson in learning proper shield use and mixing up your options; he hits shields hard but his throws and grab are trash, predictable attacks get stuffed and heavily punished by superarmor smash attacks or counter, and his recovery, while poor, provides him with multiple options to mix it up with. Lucario's nice in the sense that you learn to respect your opponent's options - while his range and frame data are poor, you can lose to even a bad Lucario if you get cocky and stumble into Aura Sphere/Force Palm/bair one too many (read: two) times.

Sonic followed by Captain Falcon are the characters I dislike seeing most, due to a combination of them being unfun to deal with on wifi and me not exactly knowing how to deal with them as Rosalina, as we went over already. Dishonorable mentions to Villagers and Samuses for usually being the "roll to the ledge and shoot things" type that needlessly drag a match out with scrubby annoying strategies, but played well I don't have any complaints about them (note: ~2250 matches has resulted in 1 good samus and 0 good villagers)

That said, I'm not necessarily bothered by long matches. It just depends on why it's long; I love playing footsies with Jigglypuffs, trying to dodge her hits while getting my own in and just weaving in and out at mid range a lot. It's things like playing a character like Dedede and trying to wade through Mega Man or Duck Hunt's projectile walls that's unfun.

As far as what characters I get matched with, I can confidently say I fight Falcon the most and Meta Knight the least.

Last edited:
I actually really enjoy fighting Little Mac and Lucario. I feel Little Macs are a good lesson in learning proper shield use and mixing up your options; he hits shields hard but his throws and grab are trash, predictable attacks get stuffed and heavily punished by superarmor smash attacks or counter, and his recovery, while poor, provides him with multiple options to mix it up with. Lucario's nice in the sense that you learn to respect your opponent's options - while his range and frame data are poor, you can lose to even a bad Lucario if you get cocky and stumble into Aura Sphere/Force Palm/bair one too many (read: two) times.

Sonic followed by Captain Falcon are the characters I dislike seeing most, due to a combination of them being unfun to deal with on wifi and me not exactly knowing how to deal with them as Rosalina, as we went over already. Dishonorable mentions to Villagers and Samuses for usually being the "roll to the ledge and shoot things" type that needlessly drag a match out with scrubby annoying strategies, but played well I don't have any complaints about them (note: ~2250 matches has resulted in 1 good samus and 0 good villagers)

That said, I'm not necessarily bothered by long matches. It just depends on why it's long; I love playing footsies with Jigglypuffs, trying to dodge her hits while getting my own in and just weaving in and out at mid range a lot. It's things like playing a character like Dedede and trying to wade through Mega Man or Duck Hunt's projectile walls that's unfun.

As far as what characters I get matched with, I can confidently say I fight Falcon the most and Meta Knight the least.
thems fightin words m80

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I got spiked and groundbounced by the first hit of Pit's usmash and was able to getup attack him while his usmash was still going

I didn't know this attack used autolink angles, much less that it was possible for it to make itself whiff

thems fightin words m80
it can't be helped

tell FG to git gud

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur

I'm pretty sure I can at least change your opinion on Villagers a little bit :p We can play sometime tomorrow morning if you want :D

Lozjam

Smash Champion

Oh yeah, Ganondorf dittos are the best. Especially when it's against a really amazing Ganondorf. It is also really exciting because a single hit can cost you the match. You truly see some amazing and exciting things, and it is really interesting as well. The thing I love about Ganondorf, is that 2 players can play him in 2 totally separate and unique ways, and still do just as good.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Went to my first Smash 4 tournament today which was VSB #20. Placed 5th of around 35. I actually went 100% Zelda. I hate Captain Falcon :(

Big D still thinks Zelda is the worst in the game despite my efforts to convince him otherwise. I at least bring him to last stock sigh...
Good job tho. Yew missed my one man raid in the rosalina MU thread

Top Bottom